ZUCCHINI HERB CASSEROLE
I've been making this casserole for almost 20 years and it's always a hit. Even my meat-eater husband likes it. Serve with a crusty French bread or soft breadsticks. Leftovers are great in an omelet the next day.
Provided by Debi Blair McGinness
Number Of Ingredients 12
- ⅓ cup uncooked long grain white rice
- ⅔ cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 ½ pounds zucchini, cubed
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 ¼ teaspoons garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 ½ cups seeded, chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- Combine the rice and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, until rice is tender.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a shallow 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the zucchini, green onions, and garlic 5 minutes, or until tender. Season with garlic salt, basil, paprika, and oregano. Mix in the cooked rice, tomatoes, and 1 cup cheese. Continue to cook and stir until heated through. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 266.3 calories, Carbohydrate 16.5 g, Cholesterol 39.5 mg, Fat 17.5 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 12.4 g, SaturatedFat 8.7 g, Sodium 628.3 mg, Sugar 3.8 g
ZUCCHINI TART WITH GRUYERE CHEESE AND HERBS
This tart is wonderful picnic, potluck or party food--it's great served warm, cold or at room temperature! Simple and very tasty, I often make this tart when fresh zucchini are in season. For ease of preparation, I've used a crescent roll crust, but you may use a regular shortcrust pastry if you wish. You will need a 9 or 10-inch tart tin with a removable bottom. P.S. If you don't have a tart or quiche pan, just use a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
Provided by BecR2400
Yield 1 Tart, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- 2 lbs fresh zucchini, thinly sliced (about 6 medium zucchini or 4 cups)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence (or Herbes De Napa)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup grated gruyere cheese or 1 cup swiss cheese, plus a little extra for topping
- 1 (8 ounce) package crescent roll dough (or use your favorite shortcrust pastry recipe, see note)
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- TO MAKE CRUST:.
- Unfold crescent dough from the tube and press dough evenly into the bottom and up the sides of tart pan to form a crust, pressing gently to seal any perforations; spread crust with pesto. (NOTE: If you will be using a shortcrust pastry recipe instead of the crescent roll dough, you will need to blind-bake it before adding the filling).
- TO MAKE FILLING:.
- In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, onion, and garlic in the olive oil until softened, about 10 minutes. Stir in the parsley and the herbes de Provence, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Let cool slightly before stirring in the beaten eggs and cheese.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the filling into the prepared tart shell and spread evenly; sprinkle the top with a little extra grated cheese. I transfer the tart to a baking sheet to catch any overflow. Bake at 400 F until set and crust is golden, about 16 to 19 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack and let cool slightly, about 10 minutes, before removing sides of pan.
- TIP: For ease of removal, place the tart on a large can, then carefully pull the sides of the pan down around it (you may need to run a knife around sides of crust to loosen).
- Slide tart off the bottom portion of the pan onto a rimless serving dish or cutting board (or leave it on the base to serve). Let rest 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Good served warm, cold or at room temperature.
BACON HERB ZUCCHINI
The herbs in this dish really complement a Thanksgiving turkey. The recipe can easily be doubled to serve a larger group. -Betty Korte, Collinsville, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6-8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup canned diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried oregano, savory and rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups sliced zucchini
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings., In the drippings, saute celery and onion until tender. Add the tomatoes, parsley, oregano, savory, sage, salt, pepper and zucchini. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-10 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bacon.
Nutrition Facts :
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook zucchini and bacon in the oven?Chunks of zucchini are baked in a homemade marinara sauce and topped with crispy bacon. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 1 1/2 quart baking dish (or 8 x 8 inch) with nonstick cooking spray. Cut bacon into small pieces and fry until crisp in a skillet; remove the bacon bits, leaving the grease in the pan.
Is chicken zucchini with Bacon a low carb dinner?Baked Chicken Zucchini with Bacon is a low carb dinner packed with protein and veggies! Chicken breasts are smothered with Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Everything is baked in a casserole dish. This easy and quick family-friendly meal is gluten-free.
What is the best way to cook zucchini and green onions?Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a shallow 1 1/2 quart casserole dish. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the zucchini, green onions, and garlic 5 minutes, or until tender. Season with garlic salt, basil, paprika, and oregano.
What do you need to make buttery Garlic Herb chicken with zucchini?What do you need to make buttery garlic herb chicken with zucchini? 1 Butter 2 Garlic cloves 3 Freshly chopped oregano 4 Fresh rosemary 5 Fresh thyme 6 Boneless skinless chicken thighs 7 Salt and pepper 8 Medium sized zucchini
Egg whites vary in size, and the quantity of whites used in a meringue affects its texture. When making these cookies, it's best to use a liquid measuring...
Provided by Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez
Provided by Chuck Williams
Provided by Frank Randazzo
These low-carb, gluten-free hamburger buns are made with ground almonds, coconut flour, and flax seed.
Provided by myketorecipes
Provided by Daniel Humm
A delicious combination of red pepper sauce, fresh basil, almonds, broccoli florets, and pasta.
Provided by jessica
A brilliant recipe for making with children, making classic custard creams in your favourite shapes.
Provided by simonbeal
My daughter-in-law (and Test Kitchen gal), Krissi, is a rice pudding aficionado and she gives this recipe two enthusiastic thumbs-up. If you've never made...
Provided by maureen gorman
Provided by Lora Zarubin
Provided by á-32809
Serve up a cheesy dinnertime classic with the Turkey and Broccoli Casserole Recipe. Condensed cheddar cheese soup makes this Turkey and Broccoli Casserole...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by My Food and Family
Chocolate and peanut butter are at it again, this time in a refrigerator pie that delivers all the creamy goodness you can pour into a cookie crust.
Provided by My Food and Family
People also searched
More about "bacon herb zucchini food"
CHICKEN ZUCCHINI BAKE WITH BACON - JULIA'S ALBUM
4.9/5 (39)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 504 per serving
BUTTERY GARLIC HERB CHICKEN WITH ZUCCHINI | THE RECIPE CRITIC
4.2/5 (17)Total Time 25 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 215 per serving
- In a [url:1]medium sized skillet[/url] over medium high heat add the butter until melted. Add the garlic, oregano, rosemary and thyme. Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink and 165 degrees. Remove chicken and set aside on plate.
- Add the zucchini to the pan and salt and pepper. Saute for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add chicken back to the pan for a minute or so and serve.
ZUCCHINI TOMATO BACON BAKE RECIPE - THESE OLD COOKBOOKS
Servings 6Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory Casserole, Side DishCalories 38 per serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 1 1/2 quart baking dish (or 8 x 8 inch) with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut bacon into small pieces and fry until crisp in a skillet; remove the bacon bits, leaving the grease in the pan.
- Saute diced onions in the bacon grease until tender. Add undrained tomatoes, salt, pepper, and dried basil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- In the prepared dish, layer half the zucchini, half the tomato mixture, then repeat with the other half of both. Top with fried bacon pieces.
ZUCCHINI CHARD GRATIN | SEL ET SUCRE
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CHEESY ZUCCHINI BACON CASSEROLE - WHOLESOME …
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Dinner, Lunch, Main Course, Side DishCalories 390 per serving
SAVORY ZUCCHINI, BACON AND HERB OMM | DJ FOODIE
Servings 1Total Time 3 minsEstimated Reading Time 2 minsCalories 519 per serving
30-MINUTE ZUCCHINI PASTA WITH CORN AND BACON - JEN ...
Cuisine Italian InspiredCategory PastaServings 4Total Time 30 mins
- Place a wire rack on a baking sheet and arrange bacon on wire rack so no two strips are overlapping. Cook the bacon about 8-10 minutes, or until small bubbles form and the bacon turns crisp and golden. Very carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven, taking care to not splatter bacon grease. The bacon will continue to crisp as it cools on the counter.
- Meanwhile, as bacon is cooking, bring a stock pot of water to a boil. Salt the water and add the pasta. Cook according to package instructions, until pasta is al dente.
- Use a ladle to scoop 1/2 cup of the pasta water from the pot. Set aside the pasta water to add to the dish later. Drain the pasta.
ZUCCHINI AND BACON SLICE - 2 AUSSIE TRAVELLERS
Cuisine AustralianTotal Time 1 hrCategory DinnerCalories 299 per serving
- Fry onion, garlic and bacon in the olive oil until cooked through and golden, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Beat eggs with a fork until well mixed then add the sifted flour and baking powder and mix to combine into a batter.
- Grate zucchini and add to the egg mixture together with the chives, parmesan, ricotta and feta. Season with salt and pepper and mix to combine.
TERRY'S FETA-BACON ZUCCHINI RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (4)Total Time 35 minsCategory VegetableCalories 144 per serving
- Cut ends off top and bottom of zucchini; then cut in half lengthwise and scoop out a little of the middle (helps topping stay in place).
- Place these long pieces into a 9x13 pan, cut side up. Use a fork to prick each piece about 8 times. Brush with olive oil. Set aside.
HERB & ZUCCHINI EGG BAKE RECIPE - SWEET PEAS AND SAFFRON
5/5 (9)Calories 302 per servingCategory Breakfast
- Pour into the baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, until center no longer jiggles and a tooth pick comes out clean.
SAUTéED ZUCCHINI WITH HERBS - SAVOR THE BEST
5/5 (12)Total Time 15 minsCategory Side DishesCalories 96 per serving
- In a medium-size, heavy-bottomed skillet, over medium-high heat, add the oil and when it is hot add the zucchini cubes. Cook for three minutes, add the crushed garlic, salt and pepper and stir gently as the squash begins to color. Cook for an additional two or three minutes just until the squash begins to soften slightly.
- Remove the pan from heat and add the fresh herbs, gently toss to combine. Transfer the zucchini to a serving dish and squees the juice of the lemon over the top.
KETO-FRIENDLY, JUICY, BACON-WRAPPED HERB BURGERS
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 25 minsServings 6Calories 396 per serving
- Add the beef, salt, onion, grated zucchini, sage, thyme leaves and garlic to a bowl and mix everything together until evenly combined.
- Now get 2 bacon slices and lay them flat on top of each other to create a cross. Place one of the burger patties in the middle of the bacon cross and wrap the bacon around the burger patty as best you can.
KETO ZUCCHINI NOODLES WITH BACON VINAIGRETTE RECIPE — EAT ...
3.3/5 (32)Category Lunch, DinnerCuisine HealthyCalories 296 per serving
EASY KETO BACON CHEESEBURGER ZUCCHINI BOATS (OMG THESE ARE ...
Servings 4Calories 175 per servingTotal Time 45 mins
ZUCCHINI, BACON AND MUSHROOM SAUTE | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
Cuisine AmericanCategory VegetablesServings 4
ZUCCHINI AND HAM EGG CASSEROLE - RECIPE - DIET DOCTOR
4.9/5 (12)Total Time 30 minsCategory MealCalories 363 per serving
BACON, FETTA & ZUCCHINI MUFFINS RECIPE | MYFOODBOOK ...
3.9/5 (150)Servings 6Cuisine AustralianCategory Snacks
MUNG BEAN, ZUCCHINI & HERB FRITTERS WITH SMOKED ‘BACON ...
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
LOW FODMAP ZUCCHINI BOATS RECIPE BY ROJAE BRAGA
5/5 (1)Total Time 40 minsServings 1Calories 400 per serving
PASTA WITH CORN, BACON, TOMATOES AND ZUCCHINI - THE ...
5/5 (2)Total Time 30 minsCategory DinnerCalories 592 per serving
LOW FODMAP ZUCCHINI AND BACON GRATIN RECIPE BY ROJAE BRAGA
5/5 (1)Total Time 45 minsServings 2Calories 300 per serving
FETA, HERB & BACON DIP | CANADIAN GOODNESS
Servings 1.5Energy 76 CaloriesCarbohydrate 3 gFat 5 g
QUICK FIX: ZUCCHINI FRITTATA WITH TOMATO AND BACON - 31 DAILY
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
BACON HERB KETO ZUCCHINI BREAD – LOW CARB DIET LIFE
5/5 (1)Category Appetizer, Side DishCuisine AmericanCalories 310 per serving
GARLIC HERB ROASTED POTATOES CARROTS AND ZUCCHINI
Servings 5Calories 213 per servingCategory Cook, Cooking & Meals, Side Dishes
ZUCCHINI BACON APPETIZERS | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
Cuisine SouthernCategory Other AppetizersServings 24
BACON HERB ZUCCHINI - DOGGY DESSERT CHEF
ZUCCHINI BOATS - SPOON FORK BACON
BACON CHEDDAR CHIVE SCONES | KING ARTHUR BAKING
POTATO, ZUCCHINI, RED BELL PEPPER, WITH BACON AND HERBS ...
CHICKEN & ZUCCHINI MEATBALLS WITH A COCONUT HERB SAUCE ...
BACON, ONION & HERB FRITTERS - GOOD CHEF BAD CHEF
SAVORY ZUCCHINI, BACON AND HERB OMM | FOOD, REAL FOOD ...
ZUCCHINI POPPER BOATS – BEAR MOUNTAIN BBQ
ZUCCHINI RECIPES - THE FOOD NETWORK RECIPES
SAVORY HERB AND BACON YEAST ROLLS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SAVORY ZUCCHINI, BACON AND HERB OMM | RECIPE | ZUCCHINI ...
PARMESAN HERB ZUCCHINI RECIPE
BACON HERB ZUCCHINI RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
BACON HERB ZUCCHINI RECIPE
BACON AND CORN HERB MUFFINS - MULGOWIE FARMING COMPANY
SAVORY ZUCCHINI, BACON AND HERB “ONE MINUTE MUFFIN ...