QUICK BEEF & BROCCOLI NOODLES
Quick, tasty, low-fat and it uses your storecupboard basics. A perfect mid-week meal
Provided by Good Food team
Number Of Ingredients 11
- 3 blocks egg noodles
- 1 head broccoli , cut into small florets
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 400g pack beef stir-fry strips
- sliced spring onion
- 3 tbsp low-salt soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce (not oyster stir-fry sauce)
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 1 thumb-sized knob ginger , peeled and finely grated
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Start by making up the sauce. Mix the ingredients together in a small bowl. Boil the noodles according to pack instructions. A minute before they are ready, tip in broccoli.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok until very hot, then stir-fry the beef for 2-3 mins until well browned. Tip in the sauce, give it a stir, let it simmer for a moment, then turn off the heat. Drain the noodles, stir into the beef and serve straight away, scattered with spring onions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 352 calories, Fat 9 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 39 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 5 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 33 grams protein, Sodium 3 milligram of sodium
HEARTY BEEF AND NOODLES
This is a longtime family favorite, and my kids always asked to bring home friends on nights we served it. Now my oldest son is in the Army and has had his wife call home for the recipe. Here's hefty "man food" at its easy best! -Sylvia Streu, Norman, Oklahoma
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup brewed coffee
- 2 envelopes brown gravy mix
- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, brown beef in oil on all sides; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer., Return beef to the pan; stir in the soup, water, cream, coffee and gravy mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until meat is tender, stirring occasionally., Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions. Add the sour cream, paprika and pepper to skillet; heat through. Drain noodles. Serve with beef.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 498 calories, Fat 23g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 138mg cholesterol, Sodium 1168mg sodium, Carbohydrate 36g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 31g protein.
BEEF AND NOODLES
I was looking for a recipe for beef and noodles that didn't use any sort of condensed soup. I found one at Better Homes & Gardens and made a few changes to come up with this. I use Homemade Noodles (recipe 27344) for the noodles, and they absorb a lot of liquid so this is pretty thick - if you like it thinner, adjust accordingly (I've not tried this with purchased noodles but they may make a difference as well).
Provided by flower7
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 1/2 lbs beef stew meat, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 1/2 cups beef broth or 4 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 ounces homestyle egg noodles
- Add oil to a large dutch oven over medium heat.
- Sprinkle the flour over the meat and toss to evenly coat cubes with flour.
- Brown half of the coated meat in hot oil. Remove from pan. Brown the remaining meat and remove. Set aside.
- In the same pan, brown the onion and garlic, adding more oil, if necessary. Drain off any excess fat. Return all meat to the pot.
- Stir in the broth, wine, marjoram, and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is tender.
- When meat is tender, remove with a slotted spoon and set aside to cool briefly.
- In the meantime, stir noodles into broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low.
- Shred beef and add back to pot with noodles.
- Cook, uncovered, for about 30 minutes or until noodles are tender and mixture is thick. Add additional broth or water if necessary (if noodles are absorbing it all).
Top Asked Questions
What is beef&noodles?Thick egg noodles, engulfed in a flavorful gravy made from simmering the beef, onions, celery, in the beef stock. I loved when I asked my mom, “What’s for dinner?” and she answered “Beef & Noodles!” It was always one of my most favorite meals. After she answered, the worst part was waiting for it to be time to eat!
How to cook beef noodles with meat?In a separate pan cook noodles until tender and drain. Put noodles in a serving dish, cut meat into pieces (should be tender enough to pull apart) and add to noodles. Pour remaining liquid from pan over noodles and beef. Stir well and serve.
How to cook beef chuck noodles with mushrooms?In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Add the broth, roast beef and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Drain noodles; stir into skillet. Top with sour cream if desired. Garnish with parsley.
How to cook beef and egg noodles for stir fry?This beef and egg noodle dish makes for a rich and oh-so satisfying combo. Bring 4 quarts of salted water to a boil. Add 1 (12-ounce) bag frozen egg noodles and stir to separate the noodles. Return to a boil. Reduce the heat to maintain a simmer. and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, make the sauce.
Provided by preachergirl
I saw this trick on "The Secret Life of Cake" on the Food Network. Haven't tried it yet, but I will next time I feel like cheating :lol:
Provided by puppitypup
Make and share this Sausage-And- Zucchini Skillet Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
Provided by SarahBeth
When zucchini season rolls around, you know you'll be looking for a recipe like this: quick and delicious Zucchini Lasagna, ready in an hour.
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by Mommy Diva
Make and share this Scalloped New Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
Our tasters went nuts for these muffins - they're moist, fragrant, and put big old bakery muffins to shame. The orange zest in the glaze kicks up the orange...
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Make and share this Vegetable Spaghetti With Squash Noodles recipe from Food.com.
Provided by 49flavours
"This is a very simple cream filling. It can be frozen, and will not weep! I usually double the recipe for 1 batch of lady locks (approximately 120 cookies.)...
Provided by @MakeItYours
Make and share this Crock Pot Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
Provided by casha
Slices of potato folded with herbs, butter, and sour cream and then baked to a golden brown. Not your "every day" fare! Irresistibly rich and delicious,...
Provided by Happy Harry 2
When is a Bakewell Tart not a Bakewell Tart is a question often asked? When it is a Bakewell Pudding. I can say that even in Bakewell, the town of origin...
Provided by @MakeItYours
Make and share this Easy French Onion Dip recipe from Food.com.
Provided by vannesakelly
I heard this cookie recipe over the radio about 1950-shortly after my husband and I married. The big spicy treats are so nice and chewy, they remain my...
Provided by @MakeItYours
How to make Giant Spice Cookies Recipe
Provided by @MakeItYours
Provided by Food Network
Chewy fruit cookies are warmed in the microwave and topped with ice cream, chocolate topping and walnuts for a unique sundae.
Provided by My Food and Family
Slightly spiced and super moist applesauce cake goes perfectly with a soft and luscious cream cheese and caramel frosting. This is the stuff fall dreams...
Provided by @MakeItYours
Macaroni is a great addition to this family favorite. Cooking the macaroni with the ground beef and seasonings makes cleanup a snap.
Provided by @MakeItYours
People also searched
More about "beef and noodles food"
BEEF TIPS AND NOODLES - MY FOOD AND FAMILY
5/5 (2)Category HomeServings 6Total Time 30 mins
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add meat; cook 6 to 8 min. or until evenly browned, stirring frequently. Remove meat from skillet; set aside.
- Add onions to skillet; cook and stir 4 to 5 min. or until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook and stir 30 sec. Stir in gravy and Worcestershire sauce. Add meat; stir. Simmer on medium-low heat 2 to 3 min. or until heated through, stirring frequently.
BEEF AND NOODLES RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
5/5 (11)Difficulty IntermediateAuthor Barbara KehrerSteps 9
MY GRANDMOTHER'S MIDWESTERN BEEF AND NOODLES
4.8/5 (12)Category EntreeCuisine Midwestern
10 BEST BEEF RAMEN NOODLES RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST BEEF AND NOODLES WITH GRAVY RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST GROUND BEEF NOODLES RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEEF AND NOODLES (JUST LIKE GRANDMA'S!) - GONNA WANT …
Reviews 14Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 20 mins
- In a large stockpot, add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and heat over medium heat. When the oil is hot, brown meat in batches without crowding it. Add more oil as needed. Transfer browned meat with a slotted spoon, to a plate, and set aside.
- In the same pot, saute onion and garlic over medium-low heat, until soft, about 8 minutes. Add beef back to the pot. Pour in beef broth and red wine. Add Better than Bouillon, marjoram, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat immediately and simmer gently, partially covered with a lid, for about 1 1/2-2 hours or until the beef is tender. Transfer beef chunks with a slotted spoon to a plate and shred into large pieces. Return to pot.
- Meanwhile, cook the egg noodle according to package directions in salted water, just until al dente. Drain well then stir them into the sauce and gently mix until well combined. Serve.
GRANDMA'S BEEF AND NOODLE CASSEROLE | ALLRECIPES
2.8/5 (4)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Pasta And Noodles, Noodle RecipesCalories 430 per serving
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rapid boil. Cook egg noodles at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, 7 to 9 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef, bell pepper, and onion in the hot skillet until beef is browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir flour into the drippings in the pan; slowly whisk in milk and season with salt and pepper. Stir in 1 cup Cheddar cheese, olives, and pimentos.
- Drain noodles and fold into the beef mixture. Transfer to a casserole dish and cover with remaining cheese.
QUICK BEEF AND NOODLES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
5/5 (5)Category DinnerServings 2Total Time 25 mins
BEEF AND NOODLES - SELF PROCLAIMED FOODIE
Ratings 75Calories 568 per servingCategory Main Course
- Add olive oil to pressure cooker pot and set to sauté function. Divide meat in half and brown the first half, turning only once. Remove from pot and set on plate. Brown second half of meat.
- Brown meat in heavy bottom pot over medium high heat using same procedure. Once all ingredients (not the egg noodles which will need to be cooked separately) have been added to pot, cover and allow to braise at a simmer for at least an hour.
- Brown meat in heavy bottom pot over medium high heat using same procedure. Transfer to slow cooker with remaining ingredients (not the egg noodles which will need to be cooked separately). Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
OLD FASHIONED BEEF & NOODLES | JUST LIKE GRANDMA USED TO MAKE!
Ratings 9Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 5 hrs 25 mins
- Place vegetable oil in a large skillet and place skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add chuck roast and sear for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Using a small bowl, add cornstarch and water; whisk together until well combined. Set bowl aside.
KOREAN BEEF AND NOODLES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (1)Total Time 25 minsCategory MeatCalories 349 per serving
- To prepare beef, sprinkle cornstarch over beef; toss to combine. Add 1 tablespoon soy sauce and next 4 ingredients (1 tablespoon soy sauce through 3 garlic cloves); toss well to coat. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add beef mixture; stir-fry 3 minutes or until done. Remove mixture from pan. Cover and keep warm.
- To prepare noodles, pour boiling water over noodles; let stand 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain. Snip noodles several times with kitchen shears.
- To prepare vegetables, wipe skillet or wok clean with paper towels. Heat 1 teaspoon sesame oil and vegetable oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add red pepper and 5 garlic cloves; stir-fry 30 seconds. Add mushrooms, onions, and carrot; stir-fry 3 minutes. Add half of spinach; stir-fry 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Add remaining spinach; stir-fry 2 minutes or until spinach wilts.
INSTANT POT BEEF AND NOODLES RECIPE - WELL PLATED BY ERIN
4.6/5 (14)Calories 684 per servingCategory Main Course
- Place the beef in a large bowl and sprinkle with 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder, and thyme. Set aside.
- Turn a 6-quart or larger electric pressure cooker to sauté. Add the oil and butter. As soon as the butter melts, add the onion and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring often, until the onion begins to soften but does not brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the beef. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat is browned on all sides, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and bay leaf. Splash in about 1/2 cup of the beef broth. Stir, scraping a wooden spoon or spatula along the bottom of the pot, to ensure you remove any stuck-on bits of food (this will avoid a “burn” warning…also, those browed bits are delicious!). Add the next 4 1/2 cups broth.
COMFORTING BEEF & NOODLES - EGG NOODLES AND TENDER CHUNKS ...
Reviews 148Calories 643 per servingCategory Pasta/Meat
- To a pan over medium heat add beef, beef stock, celery, and onion. Generously salt and pepper.
- While meat cooks, prepare your egg noodles per the package instructions. Or make your own homemade egg noodles.
- When the meat is tender, add corn starch/water mixture and stir, the sauce will thicken in just a few minutes.
EASY BEEF AND NOODLES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (9)Total Time 2 hrs 10 minsCategory One Dish MealCalories 555 per serving
BEEF AND NOODLES - SIMPLE JOY
5/5 (4)Category Main Course
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season with salt. Add the noodles and cook according to package instructions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water before draining.
- Once the beef is cooking dice the onion, slice the mushrooms, and mince the garlic. Measure out the salt, paprika, and black pepper.
- After the meat is completely broken up and has browned on the outside, add the onions, garlic, and mushrooms. Saute for 5 to 8 minutes or until the mushrooms are soft. Drain the excess grease. Season with salt and peper, and add in the paprika. Whisk in the flour.
CROCK POT BEEF AND NOODLES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (5)Total Time 6 hrs 15 minsCategory MeatCalories 417 per serving
- Start with putting Roast and broth or stock in crock pot and cook on high for 4-6 hours. Adding Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder to taste.
- You can also add any veggies that you would like to this recipe and can shred the beef or cut into larger pieces for serving. I like to serve this over mashed potatoes.
BEEF AND NOODLES RECIPE - THE ANTHONY KITCHEN
4/5 (9)Total Time 1 hr 40 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 532 per serving
- Cut the chuck roast into 1" cubes using a very sharp knife. Allow to sit at room temperature for 20-30 minutes to remove the chill.
- Pat the cubes dry with a paper towel and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil, 2 teaspoons Kosher salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, and 1 teaspoon garlic powder. Massage the seasoning into the beef cubes and set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to a large pan (equipped with a fitted lid) or a Dutch oven over high heat and allow to come to temperature. Sear the cubes in 2 batches. Sear for 3 minutes on one side, then flip and sear 3 minutes more. Transfer beef cubes to a plate and set aside.
- Add a 1/4 cup of beef broth to the pan to deglaze, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Reduce the heat the medium-high and add the yellow onion. Sauté for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
CROCK POT BEEF AND NOODLES - THE COUNTRY COOK
Ratings 59Category Main CourseServings 6Total Time 9 hrs 10 mins
BEEF AND NOODLES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Servings 8Total Time 3 hrsCategory MeatCalories 651 per serving
- Put chuck roast in hot oil and brown for approximately 5 minutes on each side until nicely browned all over.
BEEF AND NOODLES | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
5/5 (34)Calories 351 per servingTotal Time 2 hrs 15 mins
- Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 3/4-inch cubes. Coat meat with the flour. In a large saucepan brown half of the coated meat in hot oil. Remove from saucepan. Brown the remaining meat with the onion and garlic, adding more oil, if necessary. Drain off fat. Return all meat to the saucepan.
- Stir in the broth, marjoram, and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Stir noodles into broth mixture. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cook, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes or until noodles are tender. To serve, sprinkle with parsley.
SLOW COOKER BEEF AND NOODLES WITH MUSHROOMS - XOXOBELLA
Ratings 6Category MealsCuisine AmericanTotal Time 4 hrs 10 mins
ONE-DISH CREAMY BEEF & NOODLES - SWANSON
4.4/5 (13)Total Time 35 minsServings 4Calories 297 per serving
SLOW COOKER BEEF AND NOODLES RECIPE - SIMPLY STACIE
4.6/5 (30)Total Time 13 minsCategory Slow CookerCalories 490 per serving
BEEF AND NOODLES - THE COZY COOK
Ratings 10Calories 460 per servingCategory Main Course
CROCK POT BEEF AND NOODLES - FOODIE WITH FAMILY
Reviews 30Servings 6Cuisine AmericanCategory Main Course, Main Dish
BEEF NOODLES | RICARDO
4/5 (282)Total Time 35 minsCategory Main DishesCalories 775 per serving
BEEF NOODLE CASSEROLE • SALT & LAVENDER
5/5 (1)Total Time 35 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 374 per serving
BEEF AND NOODLES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
5/5 (196)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsServings 4Calories 402 per serving
THAI BEEF NOODLE SALAD | ASIAN INSPIRATIONS - ASIAN RECIPES
3.2/5 (4)Category AuthenticCuisine ThaiTotal Time 1 min
BEEF AND NOODLES - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS
5/5 (7)Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 5 hrs 5 mins
BEEF AND NOODLES SIDE DISHES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
BEEF AND NOODLES - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
BEEF AND NOODLE RECIPES - CDKITCHEN
BEEF TERIYAKI NOODLES RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
10 BEST BEEF TIPS EGG NOODLES RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEEF AND NOODLES RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
PIONEER WOMAN BEEF AND NOODLES RECIPES
PAULA DEEN BEEF AND NOODLES RECIPES
SLOW COOKER BEEF AND NOODLES - MYINCREDIBLERECIPES.COM
BEEF AND NOODLES (QUICK AND EASY RECIPE) | KITCHN
BEEF STEAK TIPS AND NOODLES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
10 BEST BEEF AND NOODLES PAULA DEEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
UDON BEEF NOODLES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES ...
PIONEER WOMAN BEEF AND NOODLES RECIPES
RICOTTA VS BEEF NOODLE SOUP - IN-DEPTH NUTRITION COMPARISON