Make a classic beef stroganoff with steak and mushrooms for a tasty midweek meal. Garnish with parsley and serve with pappardelle pasta or rice.
Provided by Elena Silcock
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 11
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp butter
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 500g fillet steak, sliced
- 150g crème fraîche
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 100ml beef stock
- ½ small pack of parsley, chopped
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a non-stick frying pan then add 1 sliced onion and cook on a medium heat until completely softened, around 15 mins, adding a little splash of water if it starts to stick.
- Crush in 1 garlic clove and cook for 2-3 mins more, then add 1 tbsp butter.
- Once the butter is foaming a little, add 250g sliced mushrooms and cook for around 5 mins until completely softened.
- Season everything well, then tip onto a plate.
- Tip 1 tbsp plain flour into a bowl with a big pinch of salt and pepper, then toss 500g sliced fillet steak in the seasoned flour.
- Add the steak pieces to the pan, splashing in a little oil if the pan looks dry, and fry for 3-4 mins, until well coloured.
- Tip the onions and mushrooms back into the pan. Whisk 150g crème fraîche, 1 tsp English mustard and 100ml beef stock together, then stir into the pan.
- Cook over a medium heat for around 5 mins.
- Scatter with some chopped parsley, and serve with pappardelle or rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 438 calories, Fat 31 grams fat, SaturatedFat 17 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 8 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 3 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 30 grams protein, Sodium 0.5 milligram of sodium
CHEF JOHN'S CLASSIC BEEF STROGANOFF
This is a fairly lean version of beef stroganoff, as most recipes call for more cream. This is something you can easily adjust to your tastes. I like a little thicker version, with just enough sauce to coat the meat and noodles.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 13
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds beef chuck roast, cut into 1/2-inch thick strips
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ medium onion, sliced or diced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 cups beef broth, divided
- ¾ cup creme fraiche
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season beef generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat until nearly smoking. Stir in beef; cook, stirring constantly, for 6-7 minutes, until liquid evaporates and meat browns. Remove meat from the pan and set aside.
- Stir butter, mushrooms and onions into the pan; cook and stir over medium heat until the vegetables are lightly browned. Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds. Stir in flour; cook for 1-2 minutes until incorporated.
- Stir in wine and 1 cup of stock, scraping the bottom of the pan to release any browned bits. Bring to a simmer, cook for 3-4 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Return beef to the pan. Stir in remaining cup of stock; bring to a simmer and cook on low heat for about 1 hour with the lid on, until the beef is tender and the sauce is thick. Stir every 20 minutes.
- Stir in creme fraiche. Stir in chives. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 307.4 calories, Carbohydrate 4.1 g, Cholesterol 85.8 mg, Fat 24.5 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 15.8 g, SaturatedFat 11.7 g, Sodium 288.1 mg, Sugar 1.7 g
CLASSIC BEEF STROGANOFF
Prep these beef stroganoff ingredients, cover the pot, and go! Simmering and braising beef stroganoff for a long time at a low temperature yields extra-intense flavor with little effort. The method is super convenient; whether you use a slow cooker or the oven for your beef stroganoff, you won't have to tend to the pot.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 2 pounds beef chuck, trimmed of excess fat and cut into thin slices (about 1/2 inch thick and 3 inches long)
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 pound white mushrooms, trimmed and halved (or quartered, if large)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Cooked thin egg noodles, for serving
- Chopped fresh dill, for garnish (optional)
- In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, toss beef, onion, and mushrooms with 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt and teaspoon pepper. Cover, and cook on low until meat is tender, about 8 hours (or on high for 6 hours).
- In a 2-cup glass measuring cup, whisk cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water. Ladle 1 cup cooking liquid into measuring cup; whisk to combine. Pour into a small saucepan, and bring to a boil; cook until thickened, about 1 minute. With slow cooker turned off, stir in cornstarch mixture, then sour cream and mustard. Serve beef over noodles; sprinkle with dill, if desired.
Top Asked Questions
What kind of meat is used in Stroganoff?This is a very simple and quick beef stroganoff that can be made after a busy day at work. It uses ground beef and mushroom soup! I've always loved the taste of a good Stroganoff, but I hated the expense and preparation of beef tips or steak or roast beef to make it.
What is the recipe for a beef stroganoff?The recipe involves beef cubes (not strips) prepared in a dry marinade of salt and allspice, and then sautéed in butter. The sauce is a simple roux mixed with prepared mustard and broth, and finished with a small amount of sour cream: no onions, no mushrooms and no alcohol .
Is ground beef stroganoff good for Weeknight Meals?Make any weeknight feel like a special occasion with this ground beef stroganoff: the luscious sauce of sauteed mushrooms and sour cream is ready in half an hour. Serve over hot egg noodles. "Not overly rich, but tastes delicious and decadent for a weeknight meal!"
What do you serve with Stroganoff?Whip up a warm and hearty stroganoff with ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and mushrooms in a rich sauce of milk, sour cream and cream of mushroom soup. Serve over hot egg noodles for a satisfying meal.
Egg whites vary in size, and the quantity of whites used in a meringue affects its texture. When making these cookies, it's best to use a liquid measuring...
Provided by Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez
Provided by Chuck Williams
Provided by Frank Randazzo
These low-carb, gluten-free hamburger buns are made with ground almonds, coconut flour, and flax seed.
Provided by myketorecipes
Provided by Daniel Humm
A delicious combination of red pepper sauce, fresh basil, almonds, broccoli florets, and pasta.
Provided by jessica
A brilliant recipe for making with children, making classic custard creams in your favourite shapes.
Provided by simonbeal
My daughter-in-law (and Test Kitchen gal), Krissi, is a rice pudding aficionado and she gives this recipe two enthusiastic thumbs-up. If you've never made...
Provided by maureen gorman
Provided by Lora Zarubin
Provided by á-32809
Serve up a cheesy dinnertime classic with the Turkey and Broccoli Casserole Recipe. Condensed cheddar cheese soup makes this Turkey and Broccoli Casserole...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by My Food and Family
Chocolate and peanut butter are at it again, this time in a refrigerator pie that delivers all the creamy goodness you can pour into a cookie crust.
Provided by My Food and Family
People also searched
More about "beef stroganoff food"
BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE - RACHEL SOSZYNSKI | FOOD & WINE
5/5 Total Time 35 minsServings 4
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil until shimmering. Add the mushrooms and cook over moderately high heat until softened, about 3 minutes. Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute longer. Transfer the mushrooms to a bowl.
- Generously season the steak with salt and pepper. Toss the steak with the flour until evenly coated; gently tap off the excess. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the skillet. Add the steak slices, without touching, and cook until richly browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer the steak to the bowl with the mushrooms. Add the wine to the skillet and stir to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Add the wine to the mushrooms and steak.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter until bubbling. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Return the contents of the bowl to the skillet. Stir in the stock and Worcestershire sauce and simmer over moderate heat until the pan juices thicken slightly, about 7 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream, thyme and parsley. Season the stroganoff with salt and pepper and serve over fettuccine or egg noodles.
BEEF STROGANOFF - MY FOOD JOURNEY
5/5 (2)Total Time 25 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 990 per serving
BEEF STROGANOFF | RECIPETIN EATS
5/5 (292)Total Time 30 minsCategory MainCalories 586 per serving
- Use your fist (or rolling pin or mallet) to flatten the steaks to about 3/4cm / 1/3" thick. Slice into 5mm / 1/5" strips (cut long ones in half), discarding excess fat.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet over high heat. Scatter half the beef in the skillet, QUICKLY spread it with tongs. Leave untouched for 30 seconds until browned. Turn beef quickly (as best you can!). Leave untouched for 30 seconds to brown. Immediately remove onto a plate. Don't worry about pink bits and that it will be raw inside.
CLASSIC BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE - BETTYCROCKER.COM
4/5 (472)Total Time 38 minsCategory EntreeCalories 435 per serving
- Cook mushrooms, onions and garlic in butter in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender; remove from skillet.
- Cook beef in same skillet until brown. Stir in 1 cup of the broth, the salt and Worcestershire sauce. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir remaining 1/2 cup broth into flour; stir into beef mixture. Add onion mixture; heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in sour cream; heat until hot (do not boil). Serve over noodles.
DELICIOUS BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE (VIDEO) - TATYANAS ...
Reviews 6Calories 625 per servingCategory Dinner, Lunch
BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE | STROGANOFF RECIPE | TESCO REAL FOOD
4/5 (104)Category DinnerCuisine Eastern EuropeanTotal Time 30 mins
CLASSIC BEEF STROGANOFF WITH SOUR CREAM RECIPE
Ratings 259Calories 536 per servingCategory Entree, Dinner
SLOW COOKER BEEF STROGANOFF | RICARDO
5/5 (115)Category Main DishesServings 4Total Time 4 hrs 30 mins
EASY BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER BEEF RECIPES
Servings 4Total Time 25 minsCategory MainsCalories 344 per serving
BEEF STROGANOFF - WIKIPEDIA
Main ingredients Beef, smetana ( sour cream) Region or state Eastern EuropePlace of origin Russian EmpireServing temperature Hot
THICK & CREAMY BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (20)Total Time 40 minsCategory One Dish MealCalories 615 per serving
BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
5/5 (250)Calories 689 per servingCategory Easy
- Place a large deep pan or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add 2 Tbsp oil and once oil is very hot, add thinly sliced beef strips in a single layer, cooking 1 minute per side without stirring. Cook until just browned and no longer red. Sear beef in 2 batches so you don't overcrowd the pan. Remove beef to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add 2 Tbsp butter, chopped onion and sliced mushrooms. Sautee 6-8 minutes or until liquid has evaporated and onions and mushrooms are soft and lightly browned.
- Add 1 minced garlic clove and sautee 1 minute until fragrant. Add 1 Tbsp flour and sautee another minute stirring constantly.
- Pour in 1 cups beef broth, scraping any bits from the bottom of the pan then add 3/4 cup whipping cream and simmer another 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
OLD FASHIONED BEEF STROGANOFF - THESTAYATHOMECHEF.COM
4.9/5 (39)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main Course, Main DishCalories 694 per serving
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium high heat. Add in onions and mushrooms and saute until tender, about 7 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Without cleaning the skillet, add in butter and let melt over medium high heat. Add in steak slices and cook until browned, 4 to 5 minutes.
AWARD WINNING BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (1)Total Time 30 minsCategory MeatCalories 926 per serving
- In large skillet add butter, diced onion until butter begins to sizzle, turn temperature down to simmer and allow onion to sauté. After 3 minutes add sliced mushrooms and allow to simmer an additional 8 minutes.
- In large mixing bowl add bullion, sour cream, flour, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper, mix all ingredients together well. Add sautéed onion and butter from skillet.
- Place diced beef cubes in skillet, add an additional 2 tablespoons butter, 1 cup red wine and allow to simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until browned and tender.
- Add beef cubes and wine mixture to other ingredients and mix well. Add all beef and sauce that you prepared into a large pot and heat for 10 minutes.
CLASSIC BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE (CROCK POT) - THE FOOD ...
4.8/5 (13)Total Time 8 hrs 10 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 689 per serving
- Separate all the pieces out onto a work surface (I had mine on a cutting board) and dry them all over with paper towels.Salt and pepper the pieces.
- Be generous. I used at least 1 and 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt.Heat a 12 inch skillet over medium high heat.
- When it is hot, add 1 tablespoon oil and swirl to coat.Carefully place about 1/3 of the pieces of beef into the pan, one by one.
BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE - THE COOKING FOODIE
5/5 (12)Servings 4Cuisine Russian
BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE | WOOLWORTHS
Cuisine RussianCategory MainsServings 4Total Time 35 mins
- Heat half the oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat and cook beef in batches for 3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add onion and mushrooms to pan. Cook for 10 minutes or until golden and liquid has evaporated. Sprinkle flour over mushroom mixture. Add tomato paste and mustard. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly add beef stock and sauce to pan, stirring constantly. Bring mixture to the boil. Return beef to pan with sour cream. Stir until combined. Cook for 2 minutes or until meat is heated through. Sprinkle with parsley, to serve.
BEEF STROGANOFF - RICH, CREAMY, DELICIOUS! | VALERIE'S KITCHEN
5/5 (17)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 334 per serving
- Trim edges of sirloin of any excess fat. Thinly slice the meat and then slice each piece in half again lengthwise. Slices should be about ½-inch thick by about 2-inches long.
- In a large skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat, melt the butter with the vegetable oil. Brown the beef strips quickly in batches, seasoning with salt and pepper as they cook. Be generous with the pepper. Remove beef from pan to a dish and repeat with remaining beef.
- Once all the meat is cooked, add onions and garlic to beef drippings in empty pan. Cook and stir for a couple of minutes. Add wine and cook for a minute or two. Add beef broth, Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce and cook and stir for another minute. Add beef strips and combine well. Bring to a low boil, reduce heat to low, cover pot and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until beef is fork tender.
- Remove about ¼ cup of the cooking liquid from the beef stroganoff to a small bowl. Add cornstarch to the liquid and mix until cornstarch has dissolved. Pour the cornstarch slurry into the beef stroganoff and cook, stirring, for a minute or two as sauce thickens slightly. Add sliced mushrooms and allow to cook, stirring occasionally about 10 minutes. Add cream cheese and sour cream, stir to combine and allow to cook another 5 minutes or until the cream cheese has completely melted into the sauce. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if needed. Sprinkle with fresh chives and serve over rice.
BOEUF STROGANOFF - BEEF STROGANOFF ⋆ MY GERMAN RECIPES
Reviews 6Servings 4Cuisine German, RussianCategory Dinner, Lunch (Or Dinner)
BEEF STROGANOFF ⋆ REAL HOUSEMOMS
5/5 (1)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main DishCalories 615 per serving
CALORIES IN BEEF STROGANOFF - CALORIE, FAT, CARB, FIBER ...
Calories 336.3Sodium 215.0 mgCholesterol 75.7 mgTotal Fat 12.2 g
THE BEST BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN ...
5/5 (100)Author Food Network KitchenCuisine RussianCategory Main-Dish
INA GARTEN BEEF STROGANOFF - HAMDI RECIPES
2.8/5 (6)Total Time 30 minsCategory MainCalories 391 per serving
BEST BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE 2022 ️ - JOJO RECIPES
5/5 Category Easy Dinners RecipesCuisine Russian FoodTotal Time 45 mins
BEEF STROGANOFF - HEALTHY FOOD GUIDE
5/5 Total Time 25 minsCategory Casseroles, StewsCalories 399 per serving
COMFY, COZY STROGANOFF RECIPES YOU'LL WANT TO MAKE FOR DINNER
Author Caroline StankoEstimated Reading Time 5 mins
BEEF STROGANOFF - POUCH | MOUNTAIN HOUSE
Brand Oregon Freeze DrySaturated Fat 7g / 35%Calories/Per Pouch 560Total Fat 23g / 29%
GROUND BEEF STROGANOFF - FIT FOODIE FINDS
5/5 (1)Total Time 45 minsCategory Lunch And DinnerCalories 313 per serving
THE ULTIMATE BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
4.6/5 (18)Total Time 45 minsCategory Entree, Dinner, Mains, Soups And StewsCalories 1109 per serving
FOOD WISHES VIDEO RECIPES: NO RUSSIAN THIS BEEF STROGANOFF ...
BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPES - MY FOOD AND FAMILY
QUICK BEEF STROGANOFF | EASY WEEKNIGHT RECIPES
BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE - THE BEST BEEF STROGANOFF - YOUTUBE
HAMBURGER STROGANOFF RECIPE WITH CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP ...
BEEF STROGANOFF: OPERATION TRANSFORMATION
SPEEDY BEEF STROGANOFF | CANADIAN LIVING
CAN YOU FREEZE BEEF STROGANOFF - THINKING ABOUT FOOD
RECIPE FOR EASY BEEF STROGANOFF | FOOD
HOMEMADE BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE | HEARTH AND VINE
BEEF STROGANOFF – CREAMED BUTTER
THE BEST MEAT FOR BEEF STROGANOFF
BEEF STROGANOFF WITH DUMPLINGS RECIPE | KITCHN
RETHINKING BEEF STROGANOFF | THE FOOD LAB
BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK