THE BEST CARAMEL APPLES
When I was searching for a recipe to make homemade caramel apples for the very first time, a close friend gave me this amazing and fairly easy recipe. My family and friends loved these delicious treats! Sprinkle with nuts or whatever you desire while the caramel is still warm (work quickly, the caramel sets VERY fast).
Provided by onlyxception
Number Of Ingredients 7
- 8 large tart apples
- 8 wooden chopsticks for handles
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Dip apples in boiling water for a few seconds, then dry with paper towels to remove any wax from the peels. Set apples aside; when completely cool, insert a wooden chopstick firmly into the bottom of each apple for a handle.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and sweetened condensed milk together in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and reduce heat to medium. Cook until a candy thermometer reads 248 degrees F (120 degrees C), 25 to 30 minutes; stir constantly to prevent burning. A teaspoon of the syrup, dropped in a glass of cold water, should form a firm ball. Remove caramel from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Working quickly, dip each apple into the hot caramel to completely coat the apple and about 1/2 inch of the wooden handle. Sprinkle apples with any desired toppings while still hot. Let caramel apples cool on the parchment paper. Use caution, caramel is very hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 799.1 calories, Carbohydrate 141.5 g, Cholesterol 77.7 mg, Fat 27.6 g, Fiber 5.1 g, Protein 4.7 g, SaturatedFat 17.3 g, Sodium 268.7 mg, Sugar 113.2 g
CARAMEL APPLE SUNDAE
- 1 stick plus 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 4 Granny Smith apples, finely diced
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Add 2 tablespoons of the butter to a skillet and melt over medium-high heat. Add the apples and saute for 5 minutes. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, add the brown sugar and the remaining stick of butter. Stir it around until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves, then pour in the cream. Stir it around and let it bubble up and thicken for about a minute. Turn the heat to low and add the apples back to the skillet. Sprinkle in the cinnamon, stir the mixture and let it thicken for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spoon big scoops of vanilla ice cream into sundae glasses and drizzle over the caramel apple sauce.
CARAMEL APPLESAUCE BARS
Tastes a lot like the caramel apple bread I make in the Fall...without the trip to the orchard! Because these bars use applesauce, they're a snap to whip up any time of year! Moist and delicious with a caramel-y glaze.
Provided by cindy sandberg
Categories Other Snacks
Number Of Ingredients 19
- 3/4 c whole wheat, white whole wheat or oat flour
- 1/2 c ap flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 c butter(or light olive oil, coconut oil, or grapeseed oil)
- 1/2 c brown sugar(i used demerra sugar)
- 1/2 c honey
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 optional add-inns: 1 peeled and finely diced apple and/or 1/2 c raisins and/or 1/2 c nuts
- CARAMEL GLAZE:
- 2 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 2 1/2 Tbsp cream or half and half
- 1/3 c brown sugar(i used demerra)
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup or honey
- 1. Grease a 9x13 pan. Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2. Combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- 3. In a med. saucepan, melt the butter. Add the sugar and honey and whisk until smooth. Remove from heat. Whisk in the eggs, one at at time until well combined. Add the applesauce and vanilla and stir well.
- 4. Dump the dry ingredients into the pan with the wet and stir gently to combine. Spread batter in pan and bake for 20-25 min. until cake is starting to pull away from sides of pan, and toothpick tests done. Remove to rack to cool.
- 5. Make the glaze: Melt the butter, then add the remaining ingrdients. Heat and whisk until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring often for 5 minutes. Pour hot glaze over bars, spreading evenly with a metal spatula. Allow bars to finish cooling, then cut into squares.
Top Asked Questions
How to Cook Apple caramel sauce?For the Apple Caramel Sauce: In a medium saucepan combine sugar and water, then cook over medium heat. Cook while stirring until sugar dissolves completely. Now cook over medium low heat until the mixture goes an amber colour. This will take about 5 or more minutes depending on your heat. Do not stir.
Is caramel apple sauce keto?This caramel apple sauce is perfect for the fall! Low carb, sugar free, and keto recipe. Add the low carb sweetener and water to a small saucepan. Cook over a medium heat until the mixture is clear. Add the butter and continue to cook until it starts to darken at the edges. Pour in a little baking soda, and the mixture will froth up.
How do you make a caramel apple cake?Scoop your apples into small jars, or bowls. Top with about 1 to 2 tablespoons of apple caramel sauce. Pipe whipping cream over top. Add walnuts if desired. Top with more apple caramel sauce. Serve with a big apple caramel smile!
How many calories are in an apple in caramel sauce?Allow to cool briefly. Roll each apple quickly in caramel sauce until well coated. Place on prepared sheet to set. 324 calories; protein 3.5g; carbohydrates 69.6g; fat 5.6g; cholesterol 5mg; sodium 163.5mg.
Provided by preachergirl
I saw this trick on "The Secret Life of Cake" on the Food Network. Haven't tried it yet, but I will next time I feel like cheating :lol:
Provided by puppitypup
Make and share this Sausage-And- Zucchini Skillet Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
Provided by SarahBeth
When zucchini season rolls around, you know you'll be looking for a recipe like this: quick and delicious Zucchini Lasagna, ready in an hour.
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by Mommy Diva
Make and share this Scalloped New Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
Our tasters went nuts for these muffins - they're moist, fragrant, and put big old bakery muffins to shame. The orange zest in the glaze kicks up the orange...
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Make and share this Vegetable Spaghetti With Squash Noodles recipe from Food.com.
Provided by 49flavours
"This is a very simple cream filling. It can be frozen, and will not weep! I usually double the recipe for 1 batch of lady locks (approximately 120 cookies.)...
Provided by @MakeItYours
Make and share this Crock Pot Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
Provided by casha
Slices of potato folded with herbs, butter, and sour cream and then baked to a golden brown. Not your "every day" fare! Irresistibly rich and delicious,...
Provided by Happy Harry 2
When is a Bakewell Tart not a Bakewell Tart is a question often asked? When it is a Bakewell Pudding. I can say that even in Bakewell, the town of origin...
Provided by @MakeItYours
Make and share this Easy French Onion Dip recipe from Food.com.
Provided by vannesakelly
I heard this cookie recipe over the radio about 1950-shortly after my husband and I married. The big spicy treats are so nice and chewy, they remain my...
Provided by @MakeItYours
How to make Giant Spice Cookies Recipe
Provided by @MakeItYours
Provided by Food Network
Chewy fruit cookies are warmed in the microwave and topped with ice cream, chocolate topping and walnuts for a unique sundae.
Provided by My Food and Family
Slightly spiced and super moist applesauce cake goes perfectly with a soft and luscious cream cheese and caramel frosting. This is the stuff fall dreams...
Provided by @MakeItYours
Macaroni is a great addition to this family favorite. Cooking the macaroni with the ground beef and seasonings makes cleanup a snap.
Provided by @MakeItYours
People also searched
More about "caramel applesauce food"
CARAMEL APPLE APPLESAUCE RECIPE - SUGAR SPICES LIFE
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 17 minsCategory Side DishCalories 121 per serving
- Peel, core, and dice apples. Place apples in Instant Pot inner pot. Add apple juice, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and all spice.
- Cook on high pressure for 7 minutes. Let natural release for 10 minutes. If you prefer chunky apple sauce, simply stir. If you like smooth apple sauce, use an immersion blender to blend, or transfer apple sauce to blender.
SALTED CARAMEL APPLESAUCE - ROOTED IN FOODS
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
HOMEMADE CARAMEL APPLE SAUCE - THE TOUGH COOKIE
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
ROBINHOOD | APPLESAUCE CAKE WITH CARAMEL ICING
APPLESAUCE CAKE WITH CARAMEL ICING RECIPE | JAMES BEARD ...
CARAMEL APPLE SAUCE - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
4.5/5 (9)Calories 78 per servingTotal Time 25 mins
- In a heavy medium saucepan melt margarine or butter. Add apples; cook over medium heat about 2 minutes or until tender. Remove apple mixture from pan; set aside.
- In the same saucepan combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in half-and-half or light cream and corn syrup. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly (mixture may appear curdled). Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Stir in apple mixture, nuts, and vanilla. Serve warm. Cover and refrigerate remaining sauce for up to 24 hours. Makes 1-3/4 cups.
APPLESAUCE CAKE WITH CARAMEL SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (1)Total Time 2 hrs 45 minsCategory DessertCalories 227 per serving
- Coat slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Place 1 long sheet of nonstick foil in bottom of slow cooker bowl, with ends hanging over handles.
- Beat together butter and brown sugar on high speed for 1 minute. Beat in egg. Scrape down sides of bowl and, on low speed, beat in buttermilk (mixture will look curdled). Beat in applesauce. Add flour mixture to bowl and beat on low speed until combined.
- Spread batter into slow cooker. Place a clean dish towel over slow cooker then put cover on top. Cook on HIGH for 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hours or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Use foil handles to lift cake out of slow cooker. Cut into slices. Garnish with caramel sauce, whipped topping and pecans, if desired.
CARAMEL APPLESAUCE RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
Servings 2Published 2011-01-04Category Quick & Easy Recipes
- In a large bowl, toss all the apples with lemon juice, and set aside. Advertisement
- Melt butter in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Sprinkle sugar over melted butter; cook until sugar...
- Place apple mixture in the bowl of a food processor; process until smooth. Store in an airtight container,...
CARAMEL APPLESAUCE CUPCAKES - ANA'S BAKING CHRONICLES
5/5 (14)Category DessertServings 12Total Time 1 hr 20 mins
- In a thick bottom saucepan combine sugar and water. Make sure every sugar granule is covered with water. Heat it up over medium to high heat, until it reaches golden amber colour. DO NOT STIR IT. This will take about 15 minutes.
- n a small saucepan combine flour, sugar, salt and milk. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly with a whisk until it thickens. After it has boiled, cook for another 2 minutes.
- Using an apple corer, core the middle of each cooled cupcake and fill it with caramel sauce. Put the buttercream in a piping bag fitted with 1M tip (or whichever you prefer :) ) and frost the cupcakes. They are best eaten at room temperature. You can keep them in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days or longer in the fridge. Just let them come to room temperature before eating them. Fridge makes cakes and cupcakes drier so bear that in mind.
DELICIOUS APPLESAUCE BUNDT CAKE WITH CARAMEL GLAZE ...
4.4/5 (5)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory DessertsCalories 419 per serving
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine white sugar, brown sugar, applesauce, oil, and eggs. Mix at medium-low speed until combined.
EASY CARAMEL SAUCE - THE PIONEER WOMAN
5/5 (4)Category Dessert, Main DishServings 8Total Time 10 mins
CARAMEL APPLE BREAD - BUTTER WITH A SIDE OF BREAD
Reviews 214Category Quick BreadCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 15 mins
- Combine the applesauce, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Whisk well to blend.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir just enough to combine; do not over mix. Fold in the apples.
APPLE CHEESECAKE WITH CARAMEL SAUCE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Ratings 103Calories 381 per servingCategory Cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Reserve 3/4 cup of apple pie filling and set aside.
- Spoon remaining pie filling into crust. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth then add eggs and mix well. Pour over apple filling in crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 minutes, or until center is set. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
- Mix reserved apple filling and caramel topping in a small saucepan. Heat for about 1 minute. Arrange apple slices around outside edge of cheesecake. Spread caramel sauce evenly over. Decorate with pecan halves around edge. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Chill until ready to serve.
APPLESAUCE PANCAKES - AHEAD OF THYME
5/5 (6)Total Time 15 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 96 per serving
- In a small saucepan, Melt butter over medium-high heat. Add apples and stir until they are coated with butter. Stir in brown sugar and mix until dissolved.
APPLESAUCE CAKE WITH CARAMEL FROSTING - WYSE GUIDE
4.2/5 (73)Calories 503 per servingCategory Dessert
- In a 4-quart saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar and milk. Melt on medium low heat, stirring occasionally. Continue to cook until the mixture begins to boil and boil lightly for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool for 10-15 minutes.
OLD FASHIONED APPLESAUCE CAKE - CAKEWHIZ
5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory Cakes, DessertCalories 467 per serving
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon powder and clove powder.
CANNED CARAMEL APPLESAUCE – FABIOLA RIVERA
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CARAMELIZED APPLESAUCE - WILLIAMS SONOMA
Servings 8Total Time 55 mins
INDULGENT YET HEALTHY APPLE PIE SQUARES WITH DATE CARAMEL ...
Servings 8Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory Apples,Baking,Fall,Healthy Eating
APPLESAUCE CAKE WITH CARAMEL ICING - KIKU CORNER
Servings 12Category Dessert, Snack, Teatime
APPLESAUCE COOKIES WITH CARAMEL FROSTING - CHEF IN TRAINING
4.8/5 (5)Estimated Reading Time 4 minsCategory Dessert
CARAMEL APPLESAUCE - BUTTER NUTRITION
Reviews 1Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CARAMEL APPLE CUPCAKES - MOM ON TIMEOUT
Ratings 2Calories 244 per servingCategory Dessert
SPICY CARAMEL APPLE SAUCE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
3/5 (11)Servings 2
CARAMEL APPLESAUCE FOR CANNING • HOMESTEAD LADY
4/5 (2)Category Healthy RecipesCuisine Preserved FoodsTotal Time 2 hrs 5 mins
CARAMEL APPLESAUCE PIE - PREVENTION.COM
Cuisine AmericanCategory Vegetarian, Feed a Crowd, Baking, DessertServings 8Total Time 2 hrs 10 mins
HOMEMADE CARAMEL APPLE SAUCE | RECIPELION.COM
Category SaucesEstimated Reading Time 50 secs
CARAMEL APPLESAUCE CAKE - NORDIC WARE
4/5 (3)Total Time 35 minsServings 1-6
CARAMEL APPLE SAUCE - SMUCKER'S
Cuisine AmericanCategory Dessert/SweetsServings 1.75Total Time 3 mins
CARAMEL SAUCE RECIPES | SMUCKER'S®
Location One Strawberry Lane, Orrville, Ohio, 44667Phone (888) 550-9555
HAM STEAKS WITH CARAMELIZED APPLESAUCE RECIPE
5/5 (3)Total Time 50 minsCategory Entree, DinnerCalories 484 per serving
CARAMEL SAUCE (FOR DIPPING APPLES) RECIPE - FOOD.COM
4/5 (1)Total Time 20 minsCategory DessertCalories 198 per serving
APPLESAUCE CAKE WITH CARAMEL FROSTING - EASY DESSERT
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
CARAMEL APPLESAUCE CUPCAKES - CRAVING COBBLER
Category DessertEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
APPLESAUCE CAKE WITH CARAMEL FROSTING - ALL INFORMATION ...
SMUCKER'S CARAMEL SAUCE RECIPES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
APPLESAUCE BARS WITH CARAMEL FROSTING - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
CARNATION® | APPLESAUCE CAKE WITH CARAMEL ICING
PIONEER WOMAN CARAMEL APPLE SAUCE RECIPE
CARAMEL APPLESAUCE CUPCAKES - PILLSBURY BAKING
BEST PUMPKIN BREAD PUDDING WITH SPICY CARAMEL APPLE SAUCE ...
CARAMEL APPLESAUCE - EATING FROM THE GROUND UP