CHICKEN CORDON BLEU I
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices cooked ham
- ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 7x11 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Sprinkle each piece of chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Place 1 cheese slice and 1 ham slice on top of each breast. Roll up each breast, and secure with a toothpick. Place in baking dish, and sprinkle chicken evenly with bread crumbs.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from oven, and place 1/2 cheese slice on top of each breast. Return to oven for 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Remove toothpicks, and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 418.8 calories, Carbohydrate 12.6 g, Cholesterol 123.6 mg, Fat 19.4 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 46.1 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, Sodium 931.6 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU
For a weeknight standby, get Tyler Florence's Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe, a breaded cutlet wrapped around salty prosciutto and nutty Gruyï¿½re, from Food Network.
Provided by Tyler Florence
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- 4 chicken breasts skinless and boneless
- 4 thin slices prosciutto di Parma
- 1/2 pound Gruyere, grated
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lay the chicken breast between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, gently pound the chicken to 1/4-inch thickness. Remove the top sheet of plastic and lay 2 slices of prosciutto neatly over the top to cover the breast and sprinkle a quarter of the cheese over the prosciutto. Tuck in the sides of the breast and roll up tight like a jellyroll inside the plastic wrap. Squeeze the log gently to seal and twist both ends tight to form a nice log. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Season the flour with salt and pepper. Mix the bread crumbs with thyme, garlic and kosher salt, pepper, and melted butter. The butter will help the crust brown. Beat together the eggs and season so the flour, the eggs and the crumbs are all seasoned.
- Remove the plastic wrap. Lightly dust the chicken with flour, dip in the egg mixture and gently coat in the bread crumbs. Lightly coat a baking pan with olive oil and carefully transfer the roulades onto it. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- Cut into pinwheels and serve on top of Brussels Sprout Hash with Chicken Jus and Cranberry Chutney, if desired.
ITALIAN CHICKEN CORDON BLEU
Streamline any weeknight with this pretty main dish full of pleasing flavors. Chop the pepper ahead and pick up sliced mushrooms, and you'll have this microwaved in moments. -Laura Mahaffey, Annapolis, Maryland
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 6 slices deli ham
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Place butter and sage in a microwave-safe 11x7-in. dish. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30 seconds or until butter is melted. Place chicken in dish; turn to coat. Top with green pepper and mushrooms. Cook, uncovered, on high for 8-10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear, turning and rearranging chicken twice., Remove chicken and vegetables; keep warm. Add the tomato sauce, sugar and seasonings to cooking juices; mix well. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes or until heated through. Return chicken to the dish; top with ham, cheese and green pepper mixture. Cook on high for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 293 calories, Fat 14g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 107mg cholesterol, Sodium 881mg sodium, Carbohydrate 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 34g protein.
Top Asked Questions
What is chicken Cordon Bleu?Chicken Cordon Bleu is easy classic; tender chicken breasts are stuffed with smoky ham and swiss cheese. This version is baked in the oven until tender and juicy. Don’t let the name fool you, like most baked chicken recipes, it is actually easy to prepare!
What is the best substitute for Swiss cheese in chicken Cordon Bleu?6 slices provolone cheese- Classic Chicken Cordon Bleu recipes usually use swiss or other french cheeses. If you like swiss cheese, feel free to substitute it here. My doesn’t care much for swiss cheese, so to make it a bit more kid friendly I went with provolone in this recipe which has a nice mild flavor that compliments the dish.
What side dishes to serve with chicken Cordon Blue?I put a bed of white rice on the plates, put the chicken cordon blue on top of the rice covered with the cream sauce. A good side dish is buttered rolls, mmm-mhmm!
What can I substitute for Ham in a cordon bleu recipe?Make sure to use a ham that has great flavor so that it keeps the dish super flavorful. You could also substitute prosciutto here for a more “grown up” flavor. 6 slices provolone cheese- Classic Chicken Cordon Bleu recipes usually use swiss or other french cheeses.
Egg whites vary in size, and the quantity of whites used in a meringue affects its texture. When making these cookies, it's best to use a liquid measuring...
Provided by Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez
Provided by Chuck Williams
Provided by Frank Randazzo
These low-carb, gluten-free hamburger buns are made with ground almonds, coconut flour, and flax seed.
Provided by myketorecipes
Provided by Daniel Humm
A delicious combination of red pepper sauce, fresh basil, almonds, broccoli florets, and pasta.
Provided by jessica
A brilliant recipe for making with children, making classic custard creams in your favourite shapes.
Provided by simonbeal
My daughter-in-law (and Test Kitchen gal), Krissi, is a rice pudding aficionado and she gives this recipe two enthusiastic thumbs-up. If you've never made...
Provided by maureen gorman
Provided by Lora Zarubin
Provided by á-32809
Serve up a cheesy dinnertime classic with the Turkey and Broccoli Casserole Recipe. Condensed cheddar cheese soup makes this Turkey and Broccoli Casserole...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by My Food and Family
Chocolate and peanut butter are at it again, this time in a refrigerator pie that delivers all the creamy goodness you can pour into a cookie crust.
Provided by My Food and Family
People also searched
More about "chicken cordon bleu w italian accent food"
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU | RECIPETIN EATS
5/5 (174)Total Time 45 minsCategory Chicken, DinnerCalories 590 per serving
- Spread panko breadcrumbs on a baking tray and spray with oil. Bake for 3 minutes or until light golden. Remove and scrape into bowl straight away.
- Fold the cheese in half and place 2 pieces inside each pocket. Do the same with the ham. Close the pocket, seal with 2 toothpicks. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
BEST CHICKEN CORDON BLEU RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN ...
5/5 (30)Total Time 1 hr 10 mins
- Place a chicken breast between two pieces of plastic wrap on a cutting board and flatten to a ¼" thickness with a meat mallet or rolling pin.
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU - MY FOOD AND FAMILY
4.5/5 (124)Category HomeCuisine French,JewishTotal Time 1 hr
- Place chicken, top sides down, on work surface; spread with mustard. Top with ham and cheese. Roll up tightly, starting at one short end of each.
- Dip chicken in egg product, then roll in bread crumbs until evenly coated on all sides. Place, seam sides down, in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
CREAMY CHICKEN CORDON BLEU CASSEROLE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
5/5 (162)Total Time 55 minsServings 1Calories 455 per serving
EASY CHICKEN CORDON BLEU RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (12)Total Time 55 minsCategory Chicken BreastCalories 323 per serving
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU RECIPE - FLAVORITE
4.5/5 (202)Category Entree,DinnerCuisine FrenchTotal Time 50 mins
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU RECIPE • THE PINNING MAMA
5/5 (1)Total Time 55 minsServings 6Calories 412 per serving
COURTNEY'S ITALIAN CHICKEN CORDON BLEU - BIGOVEN
5/5 (1)Category Main DishCuisine ItalianTotal Time 1 hr
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
4.4/5 (21)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 4
- Place a rack in middle of oven; preheat to 375°. Trim any fat around edges of chicken. Working one at a time, place chicken between sheets of parchment paper and pound with a mallet or rolling pin until about ¼" thick. Season chicken all over with salt and pepper.
- Arrange chicken smooth side down on a work surface. Cover one half of each breast with one slice of ham and one slice of cheese, leaving space around the edges. Fold breast in half over ham and cheese and press edges together to firmly seal.
- Combine breadcrumbs, parsley, 1 tsp. salt, and ½ tsp. pepper in a shallow bowl. Whisk egg and 1 Tbsp. water in another shallow bowl. Spread flour on a plate.
- Press both sides of chicken in flour, shaking off any excess, then dip both sides into egg mixture. Coat all over with breadcrumb mixture, patting with your fingers to adhere. Transfer to a plate.
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU WITH LEMON PASTA & BARBER FOODS ...
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory MainTotal Time 40 mins
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt to boiling water.
- To make the butter sauce, melt butter in pot over medium-high heat. Just as the butter gets color, add minced garlic and stir for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add in lemon juice and cooked pasta. Add in chopped parsley, basil, salt and pepper then toss together. Add in cheese and lemon zest; toss together.
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU - OMG CHOCOLATE DESSERTS
5/5 (1)Category SavoryServings 4Total Time 1 hr 30 mins
- Place each chicken breast half between sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a rolling pin to about 1/8-inch thickness, trying to get nearly rectangular shape. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange 4 slices of cheese on each chicken. Arrange ham slices over cheese. Then arrange another layer of cheese over the ham. Starting from the wider side, roll tightly each chicken breast with ham and cheese inside. Wrap each chicken breast in plastic wrap and twist the ends to tight the roll. Freeze 20-to 30 minutes to slightly firm on the outside.
- When ready to fry, heat the oil in a large skillet or deep fryer. Prepare dishes with flour, eggs and breadcrumbs to dip the chicken.
- Unwrap the rolls from plastic wrap and dip in flour to cover completely. Next dip in eggs. Finally dip in breadcrumbs.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE CHICKEN CORDON BLEU - FOOD NETWORK
5/5 (57)Author Food Network KitchenCuisine FrenchCategory Main-Dish
- Lightly flatten chicken breasts between plastic wrap with mallet. Lay 1 slice of ham and 1 piece of cheese on flattened breast, fold in half and seal close with toothpicks. Repeat process for remaining chicken breasts.
- Coat each piece with flour, then eggs and then bread crumbs. Place chicken pieces in glass baking dish. Turn to coat with butter.
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU RECIPE - ANNA PAINTER | FOOD & WINE
5/5 (3)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsServings 4
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a medium bowl, toss the panko with the melted butter, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Spread on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for about 7 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Let cool slightly. Leave the oven on.
- Using a small knife, cut a 5-by-2-inch pocket in the side of each chicken breast; do not cut all the way through. Place the chicken breasts between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound them 1/2 inch thick. Season with salt and pepper. Stuff each pocket with 2 slices of prosciutto, 1/4 cup of cheese and 1/4 teaspoon of thyme. Wrap the stuffed chicken breasts tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Put the flour, eggs and toasted panko in 3 separate shallow bowls. Season the flour with 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Whisk the mustard and a pinch each of salt and pepper into the eggs. Lightly flour the stuffed chicken breasts, tapping off the excess, then dip them in the eggs and coat with the panko, pressing to help the crumbs adhere.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the chicken and cook over moderately high heat until lightly browned on both sides, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, until the chicken is golden brown outside and white throughout. Transfer the chicken to a platter, cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
THE 15 BEST PLACES FOR CORDON BLEU IN LONDON
- The Delaunay. 8.8. 55 Aldwych, London, Greater London. Restaurant · City of Westminster · 238 tips and reviews. Chad Rains: The Chicken Cordon Bleu is amazing!
- Daphne's. 8.7. 112 Draycott Avenue, London, Greater London. Italian Restaurant · Kensington and Chelsea · 24 tips and reviews. Anna-Alima P.: Grilled Tuna and octopus carpaccio - enjoy.
- Little Social. 8.6. 5 Pollen St, London, Greater London. French Restaurant · Mayfair · 39 tips and reviews. Mark Choi: Cosy interior and great food. Lunch deal is pretty good value as well!
- Fantozzi. 7.8. 102 Chase Side, London. Italian Restaurant · Southgate · 6 tips and reviews. Abena Dadey: Good prices and generous portions. Drink, main and dessert for about £16 :) very friendly staff as well!
- The Ivy Market Grill. 8.5. 1a Henrietta St, London, Greater London. Cocktail Bar · City of Westminster · 42 tips and reviews. Rachel Franks: Had the crab linguine and it was amazing!
- Imperial China Restaurant. 7.3. 196-198 Stanley Rd, Teddington. Chinese Restaurant · Richmond upon Thames · 11 tips and reviews. Roxanna: Excellent authentic yum cha & Chinese dishes.
- Lanes of London. 7.7. 140 Park Lane, London, Greater London. Restaurant · Mayfair · 4 tips and reviews. Tyler Tanner: In a posh hotel but without the posh prices.
- Jolly Butchers. 8.2. 204-208 Stoke Newington High St (cnr of Garnham St), Stoke Newington, Greater London. Gastropub · 81 tips and reviews. Matheus Araujo: Really good Pub with good selection of beers and an amazing Sunday Roaster with 2 vegetarian options.
- St Moritz Restaurant. 7.4. 161 Wardour St, Soho, Greater London. Swiss Restaurant · 40 tips and reviews. wayne Scholes: Like the friendly staff, the atmosphere in the restaurant is warm and intimate.
- JINJUU. 8.5. 15 Kingly St, London, Greater London. Korean Restaurant · Soho · 95 tips and reviews. Guillo Bresciano: really amazing tofu sliders and tofu tacos.
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU - FOOD NETWORK
Cuisine FrenchCategory Main-Course, LunchServings 6
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU PASTA BAKE | DWARDCOOKS | WW COMFORT FOOD
4.6/5 (17)Total Time 30 minsCategory 4-6spCalories 553 per serving
CHICKEN CORDON BLUE WITH BRIE AND PROSCIUTTO | THE OVEN ...
4.5/5 (2)Category Main CourseCuisine FrenchTotal Time 1 hr
CRISPY CHICKEN CORDON BLEU RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Category Main Course
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU AND PROSCIUTTO - SIDECHEF
5/5 (1)Total Time 45 minsCuisine American, French, ItalianCalories 600 per serving
THIS CHICKEN CORDON BLEU HAS AN ITALIAN ACCENT
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
OVEN BAKED CHICKEN CORDON BLEU (EASY TO MAKE) - SPEND WITH ...
5/5 (90)Calories 748 per servingCategory Main Course
CEBU BEST AFFORDABLE CATERING SERVICES BIRTHDAY PARTY ...
BEST EVER CHICKEN CORDON BLEU RECIPE - FOOD.COM
BEEFY PARTY CHEESE BALL - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
AUTHENTIC CHICKEN CORDON BLEU RECIPE VIDEO BY ...
BIAGIO’S TRATTORIA - 83 PHOTOS & 42 REVIEWS - ITALIAN ...
179 BEST CHICKEN CORDON BLEU IMAGES ON PHOLDER | FOOD ...
DINNER BUFFET | HENDRI'S BANQUETS & CATERING | ST. LOUIS ...
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN CORDON BLEU RECIPE - STUFFED CHICKEN ...
WORLD BEST ITALIAN FOOD RECIPES: CHICKEN CORDON BLEU W ...
STEPS TO MAKE AWARD-WINNING ITALIAN STYLE CHICKEN CORDON BLEU
ITALIAN CHICKEN CORDON BLEU RECIPE
ROLLED ITALIAN CHICKEN CORDON BLEU | CANADIAN LIVING
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU W ITALIAN ACCENT RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU RECIPE - YOUTUBE
ITALIAN CHICKEN CORDON BLEU RECIPES
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU W ITALIAN ACCENT RECIPES
COOK EASY CHICKEN CORDON BLEU WITH GIADA DE LAURENTIIS ...
WHETHER YOU CRAVE ITALIAN OR AMERICAN FOOD, TRY FRAMMI ...
10 BEST CHICKEN CORDON BLEU RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHICKEN CORDON BLUE
BAKED ITALIAN CHICKEN CORDON BLEU - EASY CHICKEN RECIPES ...
CORDON BLEU RECIPE - THE CLASSIC MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN ...