CHICKEN SAUSAGES WITH PEPPERS
Chicken sausage is lower in calories compared to its pork counterpart, but it doesn't skimp on the bold, savory flavors you love. Try it with sweet, crunchy bell peppers for a fast and healthy dinner. -Deborah Schaefer, Durand, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 small sweet orange pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked apple chicken sausage links or flavor of your choice, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and peppers in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in sausages; heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 208 calories, Fat 11g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 60mg cholesterol, Sodium 483mg sodium, Carbohydrate 14g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CHICKEN, SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 pound sweet or hot Italian sausage, cut into chunks
- 3/4 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 Italian green frying peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 2 jarred pickled cherry peppers, chopped, plus 2 tablespoons liquid from the jar
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the sausage until golden, about 2 minutes. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then toss with the flour in a bowl; add to the skillet and cook until browned but not cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Add the onion, peppers, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste and cook 3 minutes. Add the wine, scraping up any browned bits; bring to a boil and cook until slightly reduced, about 1 minute. Add the broth and bring to a gentle simmer. Cover and cook until the sausage and chicken are cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken, sausage and vegetables to a platter with a slotted spoon. Increase the heat to high and stir the parsley and cherry peppers and their liquid into the skillet; boil until reduced by one-third, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Pour the sauce over the chicken mixture.
CHICKEN SAUSAGE SAUTE
A good friend gave me this recipe years ago. Since then, I've made it for weekday dinners, special occasions and potlucks. It always disappears quickly.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- 4 medium potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound Italian sausage links, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Canola oil, optional
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 each large green pepper, sweet red pepper and onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen green beans, thawed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown potatoes and sausage in oil if desired for 15-20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Add the chicken, peppers and onion; saute for 15 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the beans, water, oregano, salt and pepper. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 301 calories, Fat 12g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 67mg cholesterol, Sodium 741mg sodium, Carbohydrate 25g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 24g protein.
Top Asked Questions
How to cook chicken and sausage on the stove?Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the sausage until golden, about 2 minutes. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then toss with the flour in a bowl; add to the skillet and cook until browned but not cooked through, about 3 minutes.
How to cook rice with chicken sausage and rice?Saute onion and bell peppers. Add chicken sausage. Add tomato paste, garlic, spices, and salt. Stir to combine. Add rice and chicken stock. Cook on simmer for 20-25 minutes until rice is cooked.
What are some classic sausage and pepper recipes with bone-in chicken?Classic sausage and peppers get even better when you add bone-in chicken to the mix. This dish is easy to make, and it's versatile enough for family dinners, buffets or tailgating. Place the chicken into a roasting pan. Add the onions, peppers, potatoes and sausage. Sprinkle with the Italian seasoning. Pour the broth over all.
Is chicken sausage a comfort food?—Victoria Davis, Wilder, Vermont Chicken sausage is such a convenient way to add flavor to healthy dishes. If your family doesn't like spicy food, skip the red pepper flakes and use a mild-flavored sausage. The pumpkin really stands out that way. —Sharon Ricci, Mendon, New York Our comfort food is a big plate of sausage with couscous.
Provided by preachergirl
I saw this trick on "The Secret Life of Cake" on the Food Network. Haven't tried it yet, but I will next time I feel like cheating :lol:
Provided by puppitypup
Make and share this Sausage-And- Zucchini Skillet Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
Provided by SarahBeth
When zucchini season rolls around, you know you'll be looking for a recipe like this: quick and delicious Zucchini Lasagna, ready in an hour.
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by Mommy Diva
Make and share this Scalloped New Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
Our tasters went nuts for these muffins - they're moist, fragrant, and put big old bakery muffins to shame. The orange zest in the glaze kicks up the orange...
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Make and share this Vegetable Spaghetti With Squash Noodles recipe from Food.com.
Provided by 49flavours
"This is a very simple cream filling. It can be frozen, and will not weep! I usually double the recipe for 1 batch of lady locks (approximately 120 cookies.)...
Provided by @MakeItYours
Make and share this Crock Pot Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
Provided by casha
Slices of potato folded with herbs, butter, and sour cream and then baked to a golden brown. Not your "every day" fare! Irresistibly rich and delicious,...
Provided by Happy Harry 2
When is a Bakewell Tart not a Bakewell Tart is a question often asked? When it is a Bakewell Pudding. I can say that even in Bakewell, the town of origin...
Provided by @MakeItYours
Make and share this Easy French Onion Dip recipe from Food.com.
Provided by vannesakelly
I heard this cookie recipe over the radio about 1950-shortly after my husband and I married. The big spicy treats are so nice and chewy, they remain my...
Provided by @MakeItYours
How to make Giant Spice Cookies Recipe
Provided by @MakeItYours
Provided by Food Network
Chewy fruit cookies are warmed in the microwave and topped with ice cream, chocolate topping and walnuts for a unique sundae.
Provided by My Food and Family
Slightly spiced and super moist applesauce cake goes perfectly with a soft and luscious cream cheese and caramel frosting. This is the stuff fall dreams...
Provided by @MakeItYours
Macaroni is a great addition to this family favorite. Cooking the macaroni with the ground beef and seasonings makes cleanup a snap.
Provided by @MakeItYours
People also searched
More about "chicken sausage saute food"
PENNE, PEPPERS, AND CHICKEN-APPLE SAUSAGE SAUTE RECIPE ...
3.9/5 (22)Total Time 1 hrCategory Chicken PastaCalories 269 per serving
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a boil. Stir in penne and return to a boil. Cook pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but still firm to the bite, about 11 minutes; drain.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir peppers until slightly tender, about 7 minutes. Stir in onions and cook until onions soften and turn golden, 7 minutes. Add garlic and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir sausage slices into onions and peppers, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir drained penne into sausage and onions and reduce heat to low. Season with garlic and herb seasoning, sea salt, and pepper to taste.
CHICKEN SAUSAGE BRUSCHETTA RECIPE - MOM FOOD BLOG WITH ...
Reviews 7Category SandwichCuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Add the onions to the hot pan, saute until they just start to caramelize around the edges, then add sausages and habanero. Stir frequently.
- Once sausage has started to brown, add capers. Saute for about a minute, then add brown sugar and vinegar. Stir. This will loosen all those yummy browned bits from the pan.
CHICKEN SAUSAGE & SAUTéED ONION PIZZA - MY FOOD AND FAMILY
Servings 6Total Time 32 minsCategory HomeCalories 320 per serving
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add onions; cook 5 to 10 min. or until tender, stirring frequently. Meanwhile, cook and stir sausage in separate nonstick skillet until done, stirring occasionally.
- Bake 10 to 12 min. or until cheese is melted and edge of crust is golden brown. Top with arugula.
CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE WITH SAUTéED SPINACH - BETTER THAN ...
- Add the oil to a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add the chicken and sauté for 2 - 3 minutes. Add the sausage and onion and sauté for 3 - 4 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the Chicken Base, oregano, spinach leaves and diced tomatoes. Sauté until the spinach is wilted, 3 - 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
BRAISED CHICKEN SAUSAGES RECIPE | RACHAEL RAY | FOOD …
5/5 (27)Author Rachael RayCuisine AmericanCategory Main-Dish
15 BEST CHICKEN APPLE SAUSAGE IDEAS - TOP RECIPES
5/5 (1)Category DINNERServings 24Total Time 1 hr
- Glazed Chicken Apple Sausage. The perfect combination of sweet and savory, these kabobs are a great recipe for when you’re entertaining as they can be prepared and skewered in advance and then left on the grill for just a few minutes.
- Sheet Pan Chicken Sausage and Harvest Veggies. What’s better than a one-pot meal that you have to stir occasionally? A one-sheet pan meal that you can throw (not literally) into the oven and forget about for 25 minutes, of course!
- Butternut Squash & Apple Chicken Sausage Rigatoni. Pasta, cheese, chicken apple sausage, and butternut squash. Is there a more Fall-inspired ingredients list than that?
- Chicken Apple Sausage Bites. These sweet and savory bites are great to serve as a side dish or as an appetizer. They’re tasty, will have everyone dipping in for second helpings but take just 4 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep time to make.
- Apple Chicken Sausage Pizza. This is no standard pizza – this is a gourmet pizza topped with goat cheese, pecans, and green apple. If you’re looking for a slightly healthier pizza recipe, this one’s for you.
- Chicken Sausage Sweet Potato Bake. Simple yet comforting, this chicken apple sausage dinner recipe is a great one to meal prep and have on hand for days when you’re short on time and need your dinner in a hurry.
- Chicken Apple Sausage Pasta. Quickly whipped up in just minutes, this is sure to become a favorite in any busy home. Even the choice of vegetable here (spinach) is convenient and quick to wilt down, and with just 7 ingredients in total, this is an inexpensive eat, too.
- Paleo Chicken Apple Sausage. The 3-item ingredient list makes this an incredibly easy, affordable, and quick-to-put-together meal and one of our favorite speedy chicken apple sausage recipe ideas.
- Harvest Sheet Pan Dinner. As the title suggests, this is a heavily Fall-inspired medley of ingredients such as butternut squash, Brussel sprouts, bacon tossed in a rich and flavorsome dressing.
- Apple Chicken Sausage Salad. Sausages and salad probably aren’t two ingredients you expect to see side by side in a recipe, but this works! It’s a really exciting and flavorful take on the often dull and uninspiring idea of a salad with ingredients like feta cheese, walnuts, strawberries, and spring-mixed greens.
CHICKEN SAUSAGE SAUTé RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (7)Total Time 35 minsCategory ChickenCalories 396 per serving
- Cook the pasta according to package directions until cooked but still firm to the bite (al dente). While the pasta is cooking, place the sausages in a small skillet over medium heat and add 1/4 cup water. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Turn sausages at 5 minutes and add more water if necessary.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and coloured pepper strips and sauté for 10 minutes. Add the garlic and rosemary, and season with black pepper to taste. Lower heat and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Remove sausages from small skillet and slice in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 1/2-inch slices. Add to the onions and peppers. Add balsamic vinegar and toss. Cook mixture until sausage is no longer pink in the middle. Serve over cooked pasta.
CAJUN CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE SAUTE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 30 minsCategory Chicken BreastCalories 353 per serving
- Add onion, garlic, bell pepper and sausage; and cook for 4-5 min or until the onion and bell pepper begin to soften, stirring occasionally.
CHICKEN SAUSAGE AND SAUTéED GREENS SUB — THE MOM 100
Cuisine AmericanCategory Main CourseServings 2Total Time 25 mins
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and when it’s hot add the onion. Sauté for about 8 minutes until tender, but don’t let it get more than golden brown. Add the greens and sauté for another 4 or 5 minutes until they are wilted and tender.
- While the greens are cooking, heat another skillet over medium heat. Add the sausages and cook, turning them somewhat frequently, for about 10 minutes until lightly browned and cooked through. Cut them into pieces that will comfortably fit into the buns.
CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE CASSEROLE RECIPE BY ROB OGDEN
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hrCategory EntreesCalories 774 per serving
- In a Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken thighs, skin side down, and sear until golden brown on all sides, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add the mushrooms and saute 5 minutes. Add the onion, celery, green bell pepper and sauté until the vegetables are softened and starting to turn golden, about 10 minutes. Add the rice and stir well to incorporate and coat evenly. Cook for about 1 minute to toast the rice.
- Add the sausage, chicken stock, canned tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce. Stir well to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and cover tightly. Cook without stirring until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender, 25 to 35 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let sit for 10 minutes before serving. Remove the chicken thighs and shred the meat. Fluff rice with a fork and stir in the shredded chicken meat, green onions and parsley.
CHICKEN-SAUSAGE AND ASPARAGUS SAUTE OVER CHEESE GRITS ...
Total Time 20 mins
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high. Cook sausage until browned, tossing occasionally, 1 to 2 minutes; transfer to a plate. Reduce heat to medium. Cook onion until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add asparagus, thyme, and 1/3 cup water. Cover, and steam until asparagus is just tender and water has evaporated, about 6 minutes. Add sausage and lemon juice; toss. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup salted water to a boil; gradually whisk in grits. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 6 minutes. Stir in cheese; season with salt and pepper. Serve sausage and asparagus over grits.
CHICKEN SAUSAGE AND VEGETABLE SKILLET | PEACE LOVE AND LOW ...
4.9/5 (8)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 4Total Time 30 mins
- Add zucchini, squash, bell peppers, mushrooms, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, sea salt and pepper to the pan and saute for an additional 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender.
CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE SAUTE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
Cuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 6Calories 385 per serving
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat olive oil. Add zucchini; cook and stir over medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly browned.
POTATO, PEPPER, AND CHICKEN SAUSAGE SAUTE
Cuisine AmericanCategory Main DishServings 1Total Time 25 mins
- Add 3/4 cup chopped potato and cook for 8 minutes, or until potatoes begin to soften and brown.
- Add 1 cup sliced bell pepper (any color) and 1/3 cup sliced onion and cook for 5 minutes, or until onion is tender.
17 SAVORY CHICKEN APPLE SAUSAGE RECIPES THAT WILL WIN YOU OVER
- Chicken Sausage & Penne Skillet. If you’re confused about what to make with chicken apple sausage, this entry might clear your mind. Toss the penne pasta with white wine and parmesan cream cheese, which eventually complements chicken apple sausage’s sweet and savory flavor.
- Chicken Apple Sausage & Goat Cheese Stuffed Sweet Potatoes. Cook sweet potatoes, combine with sliced sausage, sauteed onion, and garlic, leafy greens, then top with goat cheese—congratulations, you’ll have a delicious dinner there!
- Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage Pasta. Pasta, anyone? This sweet apple chicken sausage pasta will complete your dinner It’s simple yet packed with nice flavor!
- Sheet Pan Chicken Sausage & Vegetables. Chunks of fully-cooked apple chicken sausage, butternut squash, and brussels sprouts tossed in a maple dressing then roasted with pancetta and pine nuts.
- Chicken Apple Sausage Bites. These chicken apple sausage bites work as a quick snack or appetizer for a crowd. They have that sweet-savory bite from the sausage enhanced with maple syrup, mustard, and dried thyme.
- Chicken-Apple Sausage Breakfast Burritos. These chicken-apple sausage break burritos will be your new BFF—they’re easy to pull together, can be prep ahead, and are truly irresistible!
- Apple Sausage Sweet Potato Hash. If you’re a massive fan of sweet and savory combos, then this apple sausage sweet potato hash is fit for you. The recipe boasts tender goodness of potatoes, sweet-savory bites of apple chicken sausage, and a smoky bacon flavor.
- Chicken Apple Sausage Vegetable Skillet. This one-pot meal has the perfect savory-sweet taste from chicken apple sausage filled with tender well-seasoned veggies—it’s bound to impress!
- Cabbage, Apple & Sausage. The highlight of this sweet apple chicken sausage recipe is the addition of fresh apples, giving the dish that noticeable sweet taste.
- Chicken & Apple Sausage Breakfast Bake. Incredibly tasty, this chicken apple sausage dish will make everyone beg for seconds, especially those breakfast lovers.
BUDGET-FRIENDLY KALE AND SAUSAGE SAUTé
4/5 (29)Calories 170 per servingServings 6
SAUTEED CABBAGE + SAUSAGE | CLEAN FOOD CRUSH
Servings 4Category Dinner
CHICKEN SAUSAGE AND CABBAGE SOUP | FOODTALK
Servings 6Total Time 55 mins
CHICKEN SAUSAGE AND CABBAGE SOUP | AL FRESCO
CAJUN CHICKEN SAUSAGE AND CABBAGE SKILLET - THE BEST KETO ...
4.6/5 (9)Total Time 20 minsCategory DinnerCalories 503 per serving
KALE ITALIA AND CHICKEN SAUSAGE SAUTé - EARTHBOUND FARM
Estimated Reading Time 40 secs
SPICY CHICKEN SAUSAGE JAMBALAYA — THE MEALPREP MAMACITA
Author Julie Kimbrough
BREAKFAST CHICKEN SAUSAGE PLATTER RECIPE - INDIAN FOOD RECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
CHICKEN SPINACH SAUSAGE RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
CHICKEN SAUSAGE SAUTE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
CHICKEN SAUSAGE RECIPES INDIAN – JUST EASY RECIPE
10 BEST SAUTEED CHICKEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE JAMBALAYA | MARCANGELO FOODS
HEALTHY CHICKEN SAUSAGE RECIPES | EATINGWELL
CHICKEN SAUSAGE SAUTE RECIPE
INSTANT POT CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE GUMBO RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CHICKEN SAUSAGE SAUTE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
RECIPES USING CHICKEN.APPLE SAUSAGE
CAJUN CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE SAUTE- TFRECIPES
CHICKEN SAUSAGE AND SAUTEED ONION PIZZA - CLASSICO® PASTA ...
CHICKEN SAUSAGE SAUTE
CHICKEN SAUSAGE SAUTE RECIPES
GARLIC CHICKEN SAUSAGE AND SUMMER VEGETABLE SAUTE ... RECIPE
HOW TO SAUTE SAUSAGE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
HOW TO COOK APPLE CHICKEN SAUSAGE - THEFOODCHAMPIONS
BROCCOLI AND CHICKEN SAUSAGE SAUTé
CHICKEN ITALIAN SAUSAGE RECIPES PASTA – JUST EASY RECIPE
SUPER BOWL® BREAKFAST BAGEL RECIPE: A LOADED BAGEL ...
CHICKEN SAUSAGE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CHICKEN & SAUSAGE SAUTE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM