QUICK FUDGE ICING
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup milk
- 5 tablespoons shortening
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan combine sugar, cocoa, milk, shortening, and salt. Bring mixture to a rolling boil, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and continue beating until frosting starts to thicken slightly. The frosting will be real creamy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 178.8 calories, Carbohydrate 26.6 g, Cholesterol 0.8 mg, Fat 8.5 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 0.7 g, SaturatedFat 2.3 g, Sodium 24 mg, Sugar 25.6 g
Just like fudge candy - only for a cake. Use a palette knife to make pretty swirls after spreading and that is the only decoration needed!
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 8
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups powdered sugar
- In 3-quart saucepan, mix granulated sugar and cocoa. Stir in milk, butter, corn syrup and salt. Heat to boiling, stirring frequently. Boil 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool 45 minutes.
- Beat in vanilla and enough powdered sugar for spreading consistency.
- Frost 13x9-inch cake, or fill and frost 8- or 9-inch two-layer cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 170, Carbohydrate 32 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 1 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 35 mg, Sugar 28 g, TransFat 0 g
CREAMY FUDGE FROSTING
For every occasion that calls for chocolate frosting, keep this fudgy recipe close by. With just five ingredients from the pantry, you've got magic in minutes. -Linda Schend, Kenosha, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1-1/2 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt chocolate and butter in a metal bowl over barely simmering water. Stir until smooth., Place milk, sugar and vanilla in a blender; cover and process 1 minute to dissolve sugar. Add warm chocolate mixture; cover and process just until mixture thickens to desired consistency, about 30 seconds. Store in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts :
Top Asked Questions
How to make chocolate fudge icing recipe?Chocolate Fudge Icing Recipe. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add cocoa and heat just until mixture begins to boil, stirring constantly until smooth. Pour into mixer bowl. Cool to room temperature. Alternately add confectioners' sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency. Blend in vanilla.
How to make icing with chocolate and milk?Combine chopped chocolate, butter, milk, and salt in a saucepan over low-heat. Stir frequently until chocolate and butter are completely melted and mixture is smooth. Remove chocolate mixture from the heat and pour into a large bowl. Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract and whisk until icing is glossy and smooth.
How do you make fudgy frosting for a cake?If you are looking for a good fudgy frosting for cake or cupcakes, this quick and easy recipe is the one you need. Melt chocolate and butter in the microwave, or in the top of a double boiler. In a large bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, vanilla and 1/2 cup of the milk. Blend in the melted chocolate mixture.
Can I use milk instead of Fudge icing?We like to store our chocolate fudge icing in freezer bags so it takes up very little space and can be quickly defrosted. Just leave out at room temperature until its soft again. If you prefer a lighter chocolate fudge icing then you could use milk, or even white chocolate but just remember that it will be a lot sweeter - so you made need less.
Provided by preachergirl
I saw this trick on "The Secret Life of Cake" on the Food Network. Haven't tried it yet, but I will next time I feel like cheating :lol:
Provided by puppitypup
Make and share this Sausage-And- Zucchini Skillet Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
Provided by SarahBeth
When zucchini season rolls around, you know you'll be looking for a recipe like this: quick and delicious Zucchini Lasagna, ready in an hour.
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by Mommy Diva
Make and share this Scalloped New Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
Our tasters went nuts for these muffins - they're moist, fragrant, and put big old bakery muffins to shame. The orange zest in the glaze kicks up the orange...
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Make and share this Vegetable Spaghetti With Squash Noodles recipe from Food.com.
Provided by 49flavours
"This is a very simple cream filling. It can be frozen, and will not weep! I usually double the recipe for 1 batch of lady locks (approximately 120 cookies.)...
Provided by @MakeItYours
Make and share this Crock Pot Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
Provided by casha
Slices of potato folded with herbs, butter, and sour cream and then baked to a golden brown. Not your "every day" fare! Irresistibly rich and delicious,...
Provided by Happy Harry 2
When is a Bakewell Tart not a Bakewell Tart is a question often asked? When it is a Bakewell Pudding. I can say that even in Bakewell, the town of origin...
Provided by @MakeItYours
Make and share this Easy French Onion Dip recipe from Food.com.
Provided by vannesakelly
I heard this cookie recipe over the radio about 1950-shortly after my husband and I married. The big spicy treats are so nice and chewy, they remain my...
Provided by @MakeItYours
How to make Giant Spice Cookies Recipe
Provided by @MakeItYours
Provided by Food Network
Chewy fruit cookies are warmed in the microwave and topped with ice cream, chocolate topping and walnuts for a unique sundae.
Provided by My Food and Family
Slightly spiced and super moist applesauce cake goes perfectly with a soft and luscious cream cheese and caramel frosting. This is the stuff fall dreams...
Provided by @MakeItYours
Macaroni is a great addition to this family favorite. Cooking the macaroni with the ground beef and seasonings makes cleanup a snap.
Provided by @MakeItYours
People also searched
More about "chocolate fudge icing food"
THE BEST CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH FUDGE ICING RECIPE - ADD A PINCH
4.8/5 (4)Total Time 30 minsCategory DessertCalories 341 per serving
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Prepare rimmed kitchen sheet pan with nonstick baking spray or by coating with shortening and dusting lightly with flour, being sure to remove all excess flour.
- Prepare The Best Chocolate Cake batter as directed and pour into rimmed sheet pan. Use an offset spatula to make sure the batter is distributed evenly. Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cake slightly pulls away from the edges and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake. Allow the cake to cool slightly, about 10-15 minutes.
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the Fudge Icing recipe as directed. Pour the icing over the top of the cake, making sure to pour over the entire cake and allow it to coat. Only spread with a knife or offset spatula if absolutely needed because it will change the look of the icing on the cake.
CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKE RECIPE | NIGELLA LAWSON | FOOD NETWORK
3.7/5 (35)Author Nigella LawsonServings 10Category Dessert
GRANDMA'S CHOCOLATE FUDGE FROSTING RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (39)Total Time 15 minsCategory DessertCalories 2142 per serving
FUDGE ICING RECIPE - ADD A PINCH
4.6/5 (32)Total Time 10 minsCategory DessertCalories 207 per serving
- Cook over medium-high heat until large bubbles form and reaches a hard boil. Boil one minute at a hard boil. Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla.
CHOCOLATE FUDGE ICING RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Cuisine BritishTotal Time 25 minsCategory Afternoon Tea, Dessert, TreatCalories 309 per serving
- Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl, suspended over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir every now and then until melted. (Alternatively, melt in the microwave, stirring the chocolate every 20 secs so it doesn’t burn.)
- Remove the bowl from the heat and leave to cool a little. Meanwhile, put the butter and icing sugar in another large bowl and mash with a spatula to combine (this will prevent you covering the work surface in icing sugar), then whisk with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Sift in the cocoa and pour in the melted chocolate and milk, then mix again until smooth, and use to ice your chosen cake immediately. Will keep in the fridge for up to a week, but remove an hour before using to bring it back to room temperature, and beat well.
EASY CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKE | RECIPETIN EATS
5/5 (169)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory CakeCalories 473 per serving
- Preheat oven to 150C/300F (standard) or 130C/265F (fan). Grease a 22 cm / 9" springform cake pan and line with parchment / baking paper.
- Melt butter and chocolate: Place butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Microwave 3 x 30 seconds on high, mix in between, until melted. Mix.
CHOCOLATE FUDGE ICING | DESSERT RECIPES | WOMAN & HOME
2.4/5 Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory Dessert
CHOCOLATE FROSTING RECIPES - CDKITCHEN
CHOCOLATE FUDGE FROSTING WITH CHOCOLATE CHIPS RECIPES
CHOCOLATE FUDGE FROSTING | 12 TOMATOES
5/5 (3)Total Time 15 minsEstimated Reading Time 1 min
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Slowly mix in cocoa powder and stir until a thick paste forms.
- Pour cocoa mixture into a large bowl, and alternate adding powdered sugar and milk, a little at a time, while mixing. Add in vanilla extract. If frosting is too thick, add more milk in a teaspoon at a time until desired texture is reached.
- If using an electric mixer, turn speed to medium high and beat for 5 minutes. Otherwise, mix by hand. (Use those muscles!)
- You are now ready to frost your cake, cupcakes, cookies… or to eat by the spoonful. No judgement here.
CHOCOLATE FUDGE FROSTING - QUICK & SUPER CHOCOLATEY ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 15 minsCategory Accompaniment, Dessert, SweetsCalories 221 per serving
- Beat the butter, sugar and cocoa in a bowl on low speed until it comes together, then beat on medium-high for 4-5 minutes until it's lightened and creamy.
- Add half the milk, the melted (but cooled) chocolate and the vanilla and beat for another 4-5 minutes on low until well lighter and fluffy. It should be quite soft and light but hold it’s shape.
CHOCOLATE FROSTING FUDGE - THE ITSY-BITSY KITCHEN
5/5 (1)Category Dessert
- Place the chocolate chips in a large microwave-safe bowl and heat in 30-second intervals, stirring well after each interval, until smooth.
- Remove the lid and foil top from the tub of frosting and heat until pourable, about 20 to 30 seconds.
- Pour the frosting over the melted chips, then add the vanilla and the salt (if using). Quickly stir to combine, then pour into the prepared baking dish.
CHOCOLATE FUDGE FROSTING | GET INSPIRED EVERYDAY!
4.5/5 (2)Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 10 mins
CHOCOLATE FUDGE FROSTING - BEYOND FROSTING
4/5 (6)Total Time 15 minsCategory Frosting
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate in the microwave at 50% power in 30-second increments, stirring each time until the chocolate is melted. Stir until completely smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Cut the butter into pieces. Using the paddle attachment, whip butter for 5-7 minutes, scraping down the bowl occasionally. Beat until butter look light in color. Next, beat the cocoa powder into the butter until well mixed. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Alternate adding 1 cup of powdered sugar at a time with the liquid ingredients: vanilla extract & heavy cream. Ensure the powdered sugar is well combined, and whip for 1-2 minutes before adding more powdered sugar.
- Next, pour in the melted chocolate and beat on slow speed until incorporated. Then, increase the speed to medium-high and beat for another 2-3 minutes to whip additional air into the frosting.
CHOCOLATE FUDGE FROSTING - SUGAR SPUN RUN
Ratings 7Calories 275 per servingCategory Dessert
- Remove chocolate mixture from the heat and pour into a large bowl. Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract and whisk until icing is glossy and smooth.
- Allow the frosting to cool, stirring occasionally, until it is thick enough to spread or pipe over cake/cupcakes (how long this takes will vary greatly depending on many factors including how hot the chocolate mixture became, the temperature of your kitchen, etc.). The more you whisk the mixture the faster it will cool.
THE BEST CHOCOLATE FUDGE FROSTING - CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE ...
4.4/5 Servings 2
- In a saucepan, over low heat, melt butter. Stir in cocoa powder. Mixture will resemble a thick paste.
- Transfer chocolate mixture to a large mixing bowl. With mixer on low speed, add in powdered sugar and milk, alternating the two. Reserve a few tablespoons of milk. If frosting is thick, add in remaining milk. Add vanilla extract.
- Turn mixer to medium high speed and beat about 5 minutes, until frosting is smooth and creamy.
CHOCOLATE FROSTING RECIPE - MARCIA KIESEL | FOOD & WINE
5/5 Servings 3.5
- In a medium saucepan, bring the cream and sugar to a boil over moderately high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the liquid reduces slightly, about 6 minutes. Pour the mixture into a medium bowl and add the chocolate, butter, vanilla and salt. Let stand, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate and butter are melted.
- Set the bowl in a larger bowl of ice water. Using a hand-held electric mixer, beat the frosting on medium speed, scraping the sides occasionally with a rubber spatula, until thick and glossy, about 5 minutes. Use at once.
CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKE WITH THE BEST CHOCOLATE FROSTING EVER ...
5/5 (62)Total Time 3 hrs 10 minsCategory CakeCalories 579 per serving
- Preheat your oven to 160C/140CFan and grease & line two 8″/20cm Cake tins – leave to the side.
- With an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter until its very smooth and supple (couple of minutes)
- Decorate your cake how you like and ENJOY! I spread half my buttercream on the first cake, add the second sponge and repeat!
CHOCOLATE FUDGE FROSTING RECIPE - GOOD THINGS BAKING CO
Reviews 1Servings 24Cuisine AmericanCategory Cakes
- Put about an inch of water in the bottom of a medium pan and place it over medium-low heat and let it heat to steaming, but not boiling. Place the butter and chocolate in a heat-proof bowl— I like to use the bowl from my KitchenAid Mixer. Put that on top of the pan of steaming water and allow it to melt, stirring occasionally with a rubber spatula.
- Once the chocolate and butter have completely melted, remove them from the heat. Add in the powdered sugar. Use the whip attachment on your stand mixer, or use a hand mixer to beat in the powdered sugar. Start on low to avoid a powdered sugar explosion, then slowly turn up the speed as it is incorporated. The mixture will look lumpy and thick. Add in the milk and vanilla and beat until the frosting is smooth and fairly runny. Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl and beat in any lumps or splashes until smooth.
- Allow the frosting to cool for an hour or two. It should thicken to a nice consistency for piping and frosting cake layers.
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST-EVER CHOCOLATE FUDGE FROSTING …
4.3/5 (91)Total Time 20 minsCategory Dessert
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat room temperature butter until lightly fluffy. Add the sifted powdered sugar 1 spoon at a time and mix well. It will get light in color and bigger in volume.
- If the frosting is too thick, slowly add more milk or half and half, one tablespoon at a time, until it reaches the desired consistency.
CHOCOLATE CHERRY FUDGE - KITCHEN FUN WITH MY 3 SONS
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 3 hrs 18 minsCategory Dessert
ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH FUDGE FROSTING | LOVE AND ...
Estimated Reading Time 7 minsTotal Time 3 hrs
FAST & FOOLPROOF FROSTING FUDGE - BETTYCROCKER.COM
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES WITH FUDGE FROSTING - THE COOKIE ROOKIE®
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 40 minsCategory DessertCalories 271 per serving
CHOCOLATE FUDGE ICING - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
COOKED CHOCOLATE FUDGE ICING | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
Cuisine AmericanCategory CakesServings 8
CHOCOLATE FUDGE FROSTING | COOKSTR.COM
Category IcingEstimated Reading Time 1 min
CHOCOLATE FUDGE ICING RECIPE | WILTON
Servings 4Category Lean-Missing-Images
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE FUDGE FROSTING - RECIPE | BAKE …
5/5 (5)Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
CAROLINE'S CHOCOLATE FUDGE FROSTING RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
5/5 (407)Total Time 35 minsCategory Desserts, Frostings And Icings, ChocolateCalories 258 per serving
THE BEST CHOCOLATE FUDGE FROSTING | RECIPE | CHOCOLATE ...
4.4/5 (973)Estimated Reading Time 50 secsServings 2
CHOCOLATE FUDGE FROSTING - THE COOKIE ROOKIE®
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 40 minsCategory DessertCalories 726 per serving
THE MOST INCREDIBLE CHOCOLATE FUDGE FROSTING RECIPES ...
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
CHOCOLATE FUDGE FROSTING | BAKING MAD
5/5 (45)Servings 12
EASY FUDGE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING - COMPLETELY DELICIOUS
5/5 (4)Total Time 5 minsCategory DessertCalories 1372 per serving
CHOCOLATE FUDGE ICING RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Servings 2Total Time 10 minsCategory Low ProteinCalories 1285 per serving
CHOCOLATE BUNDT CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE FUDGE ICING | MY ...
BUTTERMILK YELLOW CAKE WITH MARTHA’S CHOCOLATE FUDGE ICING ...
BAKERS SQUARE CHOCOLATE FROSTING RECIPES
10 BEST CHOCOLATE FUDGE FROSTING COCOA POWDER RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEST CHOCOLATE CAKE ICING RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
13 CHOCOLATE FUDGE ICING IDEAS | ICING RECIPE, FROSTING ...
TRIED AND TRUE CHOCOLATE FUDGE FROSTING/ICING RECIPE - FOOD52
HERSHEYS BOILED FUDGE ICING RECIPES
FUDGE BROWNIES WITH CHOCOLATE FROSTING RECIPE