LEMON ALMOND CAKE WITH CRANBERRY GLAZE
- Nonstick cooking spray, for greasing the pan
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 1 to 2 lemons)
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup (50 grams) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar, plus more if necessary
- Pinch kosher salt
- Decorating suggestions: sliced almonds, rose petals, fresh thyme leaves, sliced fresh cranberries, sprinkles
- For the lemon almond cake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, almond meal, poppy seeds, baking powder, salt, baking soda and zest in a medium bowl. Whisk together the yogurt and lemon juice in a separate small bowl until very smooth. Whisk together the granulated sugar and olive oil in a large bowl until combined. Add the eggs to the olive oil mixture, one at a time, whisking very well after each, then stir in the almond extract. Add the dry ingredients and yogurt mixture to the olive oil mixture in three alternating additions, whisking after each until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 35 to 45 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the cranberry glaze: Combine the cranberries with 1 tablespoon water in a small saucepan and heat over low heat until the cranberries start to break down and release their juices (you can help this process along by smashing them with a rubber spatula), 5 to 10 minutes. Pour the cranberries and their juices into a fine-mesh sieve placed over a bowl. Press the mixture through the sieve with a spatula, making sure to scrape off the bottom of the sieve and adding that to the bowl as well. Add the powdered sugar and salt to the bowl and mix until it comes together into a spreadable glaze. (It will seem like a lot of sugar at first but it will eventually incorporate.) If the glaze is too thick, add a couple drops of water until it's thin enough to spread. If it's too thin, add more powdered sugar.
- To decorate: Spread the glaze over the top of the cake, then sprinkle with sliced almonds, rose petals, fresh thyme leaves, sliced cranberries and sprinkles.
LEMON CRANBERRY MUFFINS
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup cranberries, halved
- ⅓ cup toasted slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups, or line with paper muffin liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Mix lemon juice and milk in a measuring cup, to sour milk; beat eggs, oil, and milk mixture in a bowl. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture until just moistened; fold in cranberries. Fill prepared muffin cups two-thirds full; sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 281.3 calories, Carbohydrate 40 g, Cholesterol 32.2 mg, Fat 12 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 4.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 237.7 mg, Sugar 22.3 g
CRANBERRY LEMON CRUMB CAKE
- 18 1/4 ounces lemon cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries, coarsely chop
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Heat oven to 350*.Coat a 13x9" baking pan with nonstick cooking spray -- set aside.
- to prepare the cake: combine cake mix, sour crea,m, eggs, vegetable oil and lemon zest in a large bowl -- beat on low speed for 30 seonds then on medium high for 2 minutes. Fold in 1 1/2 cups of cranberries -- pour batter into prepared baking pan --
- bake at 350* for 30 minutes.
- meanwhile, make topping: in a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, browm sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg and salt. stir in butter until mixture is moistened and starts to clump together.carefully remove the cake from the oven -- sprinkle crumb evenly over the top -- scatter with remaining cranberries and then return to the oven and bake at 350* for an additional 20 minutes -- remove pan to wire rack and cool completely --
- dust lightly with confectioners' suar and cut into 16 squares.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 414.7, Fat 21.1, SaturatedFat 8.8, Cholesterol 69.5, Sodium 336.8, Carbohydrate 52.7, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 27.8, Protein 4.8
Top Asked Questions
How do I make a cranberry lemon cake?Mix in Lemon zest and juice. Add flour and baking powder and mix well. Fold in cranberries. Pour into 9 x 9 cake pan (the batter will be thick). Bake at 350 degrees 40-45 minutes . I need help. This recipe did not turn out right for me. The very first time I made it, it was great.
How much sugar do you put in a cranberry cake?In a medium bowl, whisk the remaining 2 1/2 cups of sugar with the eggs, egg yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice and flour. Mix 1 cup of the lemon filling into the cranberry puree; pour the rest of the lemon filling into the crust.
How to make cranberry lemonade with cranberries?Sprinkle the 2 tablespoons of sugar on the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the cranberries on the bottom of the pan. Set aside. Cream together butter and sugar until sugar turn a lemon color, about 4 - 5 minutes.
How to make a cranberry cake with vanilla and milk?Stir in the milk and vanilla. Add the flour and mix gently, taking care to not over mix. Gently fold in the cranberries and lemon zest. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes to a hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, or with a few crumbs clinging.
Egg whites vary in size, and the quantity of whites used in a meringue affects its texture. When making these cookies, it's best to use a liquid measuring...
Provided by Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez
Provided by Chuck Williams
Provided by Frank Randazzo
These low-carb, gluten-free hamburger buns are made with ground almonds, coconut flour, and flax seed.
Provided by myketorecipes
Provided by Daniel Humm
A delicious combination of red pepper sauce, fresh basil, almonds, broccoli florets, and pasta.
Provided by jessica
A brilliant recipe for making with children, making classic custard creams in your favourite shapes.
Provided by simonbeal
My daughter-in-law (and Test Kitchen gal), Krissi, is a rice pudding aficionado and she gives this recipe two enthusiastic thumbs-up. If you've never made...
Provided by maureen gorman
Provided by Lora Zarubin
Provided by á-32809
Serve up a cheesy dinnertime classic with the Turkey and Broccoli Casserole Recipe. Condensed cheddar cheese soup makes this Turkey and Broccoli Casserole...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by My Food and Family
Chocolate and peanut butter are at it again, this time in a refrigerator pie that delivers all the creamy goodness you can pour into a cookie crust.
Provided by My Food and Family
People also searched
More about "cranberry lemon cake food"
LEMON CRANBERRY BREAD - BAKE. EAT. REPEAT.
Reviews 1Calories 264 per servingCategory Breads
- In a small bowl, toss the cranberries and lemon zest with the 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, eggs, and melted butter until well combined.
LEMON-OLIVE OIL CAKE WITH CRANBERRY GLAZE - FOOD NETWORK
5/5 (7)Author Molly YehServings 8Category Dessert
CRANBERRY-LEMON STRIPE CAKE RECIPE - NYT COOKING
4/5 (471)Category Cakes, DessertServings 8-10Total Time 2 hrs
EASY LEMON CAKE RECIPE WITH CRANBERRIES - CULTURED TABLE
4.5/5 (3)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory DessertCalories 91 per serving
RECIPE - CRANBERRY LEMON CAKE WITH LEMON CREAM FROSTING
CRANBERRY SOUR CREAM POUND CAKE - TABLE FOR SEVEN | FOOD ...
Reviews 9Calories 379 per servingCategory Cakes
- In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in eggs, vanilla and sour cream. Beat until well combined.
CRANBERRY LEMON PUDDING CAKE WITH CUMIN YOGURT AND MAPLE ...
Cuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory Dessert
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, gently pour maple syrup on top of walnuts and gently stir to coat. Put maple coated walnuts into oven for 10-15 minutes until toasted. Set aside to cool.
- In a small pot on medium heat, warm fresh cranberries until the cranberries blister and split open, about 2-4 minutes. Set aside to cool.
LEMON-CRANBERRY PIE BARS RECIPE - SARAH JORDAN | FOOD & WINE
5/5 Total Time 1 hr 45 minsServings 1
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a saucepan, simmer the cranberries with 1/4 cup of the sugar, the cloves and water over moderately low heat until the berries pop and the liquid thickens, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth. Strain and press the puree through a fine sieve set over a bowl and let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the remaining 2 1/2 cups of sugar with the eggs, egg yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice and flour.
- Mix 1 cup of the lemon filling into the cranberry puree; pour the rest of the lemon filling into the crust. Swirl in the cranberry-lemon mixture. Bake for 35 minutes, or until set. Transfer the pan to a rack; let cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve.
CRANBERRY CAKE FILLING RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
Total Time 4 hrs 20 mins
- Stir together cranberries, granulated sugar, lemon juice, 2 tablespoon water, and 1 tablespoon cornstarch in a small heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium. Boil, stirring constantly, until berries have popped and softened and mixture has thickened, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pour cranberry mixture into a blender. Secure lid on blender; remove center piece to allow steam to escape. Place a clean towel over opening. Process until smooth, about 1 minute. (Or process mixture in saucepan using an immersion blender.)
- Return to saucepan. Cook over medium, stirring constantly, until very thick and slightly reduced, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a small heatproof bowl. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of mixture (to prevent a film from forming).
CRANBERRY LEMON BUNDT CAKE - ALEX GOES COCONUTS
Estimated Reading Time 4 minsTotal Time 55 mins
- Preheat the oven to 350˚ F. Grease a bundt pan with butter. Sprinkle the brown sugar over the bottom of the pan, then layer the cranberries over the sugar.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the granulated sugar with the zest from the lemons. Rub the zest into the sugar with your fingertips until the sugar is infused with the lemon fragrance. Add the softened butter to the bowl and beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add the vanilla. With your mixer on medium, add the eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- In a measuring cup, combine the buttermilk with the lemon juice. With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients in 3 batches, alternating with the lemon-buttermilk mixture in 2 batches. Spread the batter into the prepared pan over the cranberries.
CRANBERRY LEMON CUPCAKES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (4)Total Time 35 minsCategory DessertCalories 210 per serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, butter, eggs, lemon zest and lemon extract until smooth. Alternately whisk in flour mixture and milk, making three additions of flour mixture and two of milk, beating until smooth. Stir in cranberries.
- Scoop batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and tops of cupcakes spring back when lightly touched. Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes.
LEMON CRANBERRY COFFEE CAKE - LAUREN'S LATEST
5/5 (1)Total Time 50 minsCategory DessertCalories 310 per serving
- In a different bowl, incorporate butter into dry ingredients for the topping until large crumbs form and it resembles sand. Set aside.
- In large bowl, whip butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce mixer speed and stir in eggs, 1 at a time, lemon zest and vanilla extract. Whip 30 seconds, scrape down sides and whip again for another 30 seconds. Sift all dry ingredients together and pour lemon juice into milk. With mixer on low, alternate wet and dry ingredients until everything is just combined. Scrape down sides of bowl and mix again briefly. Pour half the batter into prepared pan. Top with cranberry mixture. Spread remaining batter over cranberries and sprinkle with crumb topping.
CRANBERRY LEMON BREAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (6)Total Time 55 minsCategory Quick BreadsCalories 2580 per serving
CRANBERRY LEMON POUND CAKE | COOKS WITH PASSION
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 50 minsCategory DessertCalories 113 per serving
- Spray your baking pan with cooking spray and set aside. I love using my silicone baking pans but if you have a traditional glass or metal pan you will need to spray the loaf pan with cooking spray and line the bottom with some parchment paper to prevent the cake from sticking.
- Start by taking a small bowl and whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, and milk. You're actually making buttermilk here, so if it looks like it is starting to curdle, that's great! Seriously. Let it sit for about 10 minutes.
LEMON CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
5/5 (1)Total Time 25 minsServings 2Calories 72 per serving
- Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes., Remove from the heat; stir in lemon zest.
HEALTHY CRANBERRY LEMON LOAF POUND CAKE | NUTRITION IN THE ...
5/5 (3)Category DessertsServings 8Total Time 50 mins
- In another bowl add the vanilla, honey, applesauce, eggs, almond milk, lemon juice and lemon zest and mix until smooth.
CRANBERRY LEMON BARS RECIPE | ERIN JEANNE MCDOWELL | …
5/5 (5)Category DessertServings 12Total Time 3 hrs 55 mins
- For the cranberry-lemon juice: Cook the cranberries, lemon juice and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium to medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries soften and begin to burst, 10 to 12 minutes. Use an immersion blender to puree the mixture until smooth inside the saucepan. Cool while you make the crust.
- For the crust: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and line with parchment paper, leaving at least 2 inches of excess on either side to help you unmold the bars later.
- Cream the butter, confectioners' sugar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, until light and fluffy, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the all-purpose flour, almond flour and salt and mix on low speed until the mixture comes together. Scrape the bowl well, then mix on low speed again.
- Crumble the crust into the prepared baking dish and carefully press into an even layer with your hands or the bottom of a measuring cup.
CRANBERRY LEMON POUND CAKE - FEELGOODFOODIE
5/5 (4)Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 48 mins
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter until light. Add the eggs, one at a time. Then add the yogurt and vanilla extract and lemon zest. Add the dry ingredients on top of the wet ingredients and use a wooden spoon or spatula to combine. Fold in the cranberries
MEYER LEMON-CRANBERRY BUNDT CAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (4)Total Time 1 hr 50 minsCategory DessertCalories 866 per serving
- Prepare the cake: Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350°. Butter and flour a 10-cup flute Bundt pan.
- Cook the cranberries with 3/4 cup granulated sugar in a pot over medium-high heat until juicy and the mixture reduces to 1 1/4 cups, about 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Whisk the 3 cups flour, the remaining 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar, the lemon zest, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add the 3 1/4 sticks butter and beat with a mixer on low speed until moistened. Add half of the milk mixture, increase the speed to medium and beat 1 minute. Add the remaining milk mixture in two batches, beating between each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat again, about 30 seconds.
CRANBERRY LEMON CAKE WITH LEMON ICING RECIPE - WWW.FOODESS.COM
5/5 (1)Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 10 mins
LEMON AND CRANBERRY CUBE CAKES | BAKING RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
3.1/5 (537)Total Time 45 minsCategory DessertCalories 240 per serving
CRANBERRY CUPCAKES WITH LEMON ICING RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Servings 24Calories 228 per servingTotal Time 35 mins
CRANBERRY-LEMON COOKIES RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN ...
5/5 (1)Author Richmond Flores for Food Network Kitchen FromServings 30Category Dessert
CELEBRATE AUTUMN WITH A HEALTHY CRANBERRY ANGEL FOOD CAKE
Author Laurie Edwards-Tate
CRANBERRY LEMON CAKE RECIPE - BAKING.FOOD.COM
5/5 (4)Total Time 50 minsCategory Bar CookieCalories 182 per serving
MEYER LEMON-CRANBERRY BUNDT CAKE RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK ...
5/5 (53)Author Food Network KitchenServings 8Category Dessert
GLAZED CRANBERRY LEMON CAKE - MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
4.6/5 (64)Category Cakes/CupcakesServings 8Total Time 1 hr 15 mins
CRANBERRY-ORANGE SNACKING CAKE RECIPE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
3.7/5 (10)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsServings 1
CRANBERRY LEMON POUND CAKE - CHEF IN TRAINING
5/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory Dessert
GLAZED CRANBERRY LEMON CAKE - EVERYDAY ANNIE
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
LEMON PUDDING CAKE WITH CRANBERRY SYRUP RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
3/4 (17)Servings 6
CRANBERRY LEMON POUNDCAKE [VEGAN] - ONE GREEN PLANET
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
SUNNY DAY CRANBERRY-LEMON CAKE | OCEAN SPRAY®
Servings 24Total Time 43 minsCategory Desserts And Snacks
GLAZED CRANBERRY LEMON CAKE | RECIPE | DESSERTS, LEMON ...
4.6/5 (64)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsServings 8
CRANBERRY ORANGE CAKE - EASY RECIPE!
LEMON CRANBERRY LOAVES | ALLRECIPES
CRANBERRY CAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
CRANBERRY LEMON DUMP CAKE | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
15 CRANBERRY CAKE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CRANBERRY LEMON SQUARES | CANADIAN LIVING
7 CRANBERRY-LEMON RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
GLAZED CRANBERRY LEMON LOAF - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
CRANBERRY BUNDT CAKE WITH LEMON - EASY WINTER BAKES
CRANBERRY LEMON POUND CAKE – FARMHOUSE MAGIC BLOG