RHUBARB AND BLUEBERRY COMPOTE
A beautifully tart compote that can be served over ice cream for dessert or served with yogurt or muesli for a healthy but tasty breakfast.
Provided by Sherona
Number Of Ingredients 6
- 10 stalks rhubarb, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cinnamon stick
- water to cover
- Combine rhubarb, sugar, blueberries, vanilla extract, and cinnamon stick in a pot. Add enough water to barely cover the rhubarb. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until rhubarb is soft and broken down, 30 to 40 minutes. Discard cinnamon stick.
- Cool compote in the refrigerator until thickened, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 112.3 calories, Carbohydrate 28.2 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 0.6 g, Sodium 3.5 mg, Sugar 25.8 g
CREAMY RHUBARB CREPES
Fixing rhubarb this way brings a spring "zing" to the table. I adapted this crepe recipe, which originally featured strawberry jelly, from one I loved as a child. My husband declared it a "winner". He even came up with its name.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 crepes.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Additional butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups thinly sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, melted butter, sugar and salt. Beat in flour until smooth; let stand for 30 minutes. , Melt 1/2 teaspoon butter in an 8-in. nonstick skillet. Pour 1/4 cup batter into the center of skillet; lift and turn pan to cover bottom. Cook until lightly browned; turn and brown the other side. Remove to a wire rack; cover with paper towel. Repeat with remaining batter, adding butter to skillet as needed., Meanwhile, for sauce, combine the sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon in a saucepan. Stir in rhubarb. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened and rhubarb is tender. Remove from the heat; cool slightly., For filling, in a bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup of the rhubarb sauce until smooth and creamy. Place a rounded tablespoonful on each crepe; fold in half and in half again, forming a triangle. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve with remaining sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 646 calories, Fat 32g fat (19g saturated fat), Cholesterol 215mg cholesterol, Sodium 433mg sodium, Carbohydrate 80g carbohydrate (56g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 12g protein.
RHUBARB RASPBERRY COMPOTE
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh (or thawed frozen) rhubarb
- 9 ounces fresh (or thawed frozen) raspberries
- In a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat, bring 1/2 cup water, 1 cup sugar, and 1 1/2 pounds fresh (or thawed frozen) rhubarb, sliced into 1-inch-thick pieces, to a simmer. Cook until the rhubarb is tender and starting to fall apart, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Fold in 9 ounces fresh (or thawed frozen) raspberries. Let stand until the mixture thickens, about 10 minutes. Serve, drizzled with heavy cream, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 260 g
Top Asked Questions
How to make blueberry crepes with blueberries?Sweeten blueberries to taste with sugar. Spoon 3 tbsp of sweetened blueberries in centre of crepe; fold in half and lift to a heated plate; keep warm. Repeat, buttering pan before cooking each crepe. Serve about two filled crepes to each person. Pass powdered sugar and lemon wedges and melted butter, if desired.
How to cook blueberry rhubarb sauce compote?If you're looking for a blueberry rhubarb sauce compote you will love this. In a large sauce pan, add the chopped rhubarb, granulated and the water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until the rhubarb softens and gets tender.
What is the best recipe for rhubarb and blueberries?Place the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, coconut oil, egg, vanilla, and yogurt in a separate medium bowl and whisk until smooth. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix just until combined, about 25 to 30 strokes. Gently Stir in the reserved rhubarb and the blueberries.
How do you make blueberry compote?Directions In a medium saucepan combine 1 cup blueberries, sugar and water. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Spoon warm compote into crepes. Drizzle with maple syrup and dollop with sweetened whipped cream.
Egg whites vary in size, and the quantity of whites used in a meringue affects its texture. When making these cookies, it's best to use a liquid measuring...
Provided by Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez
Provided by Chuck Williams
Provided by Frank Randazzo
These low-carb, gluten-free hamburger buns are made with ground almonds, coconut flour, and flax seed.
Provided by myketorecipes
Provided by Daniel Humm
A delicious combination of red pepper sauce, fresh basil, almonds, broccoli florets, and pasta.
Provided by jessica
A brilliant recipe for making with children, making classic custard creams in your favourite shapes.
Provided by simonbeal
My daughter-in-law (and Test Kitchen gal), Krissi, is a rice pudding aficionado and she gives this recipe two enthusiastic thumbs-up. If you've never made...
Provided by maureen gorman
Provided by Lora Zarubin
Provided by á-32809
Serve up a cheesy dinnertime classic with the Turkey and Broccoli Casserole Recipe. Condensed cheddar cheese soup makes this Turkey and Broccoli Casserole...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by My Food and Family
Chocolate and peanut butter are at it again, this time in a refrigerator pie that delivers all the creamy goodness you can pour into a cookie crust.
Provided by My Food and Family
More about "crepes with blueberry stuffing and rhubarb compote food"
EASY RHUBARB RECIPE - BLUEBERRY RHUBARB SAUCE RECIPE
4.6/5 (7)Total Time 40 minsCategory RecipeCalories 183 per serving
RHUBARB BERRY COMPOTE - EYES BIGGER THAN MY STOMACH
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
BLUEBERRY RHUBARB CRISP - NUTMEG NANNY
Reviews 11Total Time 45 minsEstimated Reading Time 5 mins
NORWEGIAN BLUEBERRY BREAKFAST CREPES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (10)Total Time 40 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 336 per serving
BASIC CRêPES | RICARDO
CREPES WITH BERRIES AND RICOTTA | WILLIAMS SONOMA
BLUEBERRY COMPOTE - RECIPES | ANSON MILLS - ARTISAN MILL GOODS
BLUEBERRY COMPOTE FOR CREPES RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
5/5 (3)Author Curtis AikensServings 6-8Category Dessert
- In a medium saucepan combine 1 cup blueberries, sugar and water. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Many berries will begin to burst and syrup should thicken. Add remaining cup of berries and allow them to heat through.
- Spoon warm compote into crepes. Drizzle with maple syrup and dollop with sweetened whipped cream. Garnish with additional blueberries.
STUFFED CREPES WITH BLUEBERRY PEAR COMPOTE - YOUR CHOICE ...
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 215 per serving
- In a blender (or using a beater), combine the flour, milk, egg, oil and salt. Blend until combined, making sure there are no clumps and the batter is smooth.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the Greek cream cheese and honey. Add in the Greek yogurt and beat on medium/high speed until smooth and creamy. Set aside (refrigerate if not using immediately).
- Place the pears, blueberries, apple juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and butter (if using) into a small pan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
BLUEBERRY COMPOTE - | BAKERSBEANS (WANDA BAKER)
Ratings 1Estimated Reading Time 4 minsServings 8Calories 46 per serving
CLASSIC VEGAN FRENCH CRêPES WITH “RICOTTA” & BLUEBERRY COMPOTE
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
- In a medium sized bowl mix all dry ingredients together. Then add wet ingredients and mix quickly together, best with an Electric Hand Mixer or Stand Mixer.
- Pour 150g of the fresh (or frozen) blueberries (1 ½ cups) into a medium sauce pan. Add 3 tablespoons of water and 2 tablespoons of sugar, mix and cook over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
HONEY, RHUBARB AND BLUEBERRY COMPOTE - RECIPE | SPICE TREKKERS
RHUBARB-VANILLA COMPOTE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
5/5 (1)Total Time 15 minsCategory Healthy Fruit RecipesCalories 125 per serving
CREPES WITH STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE FILLING - FAVORITE ...
4.8/5 (4)Total Time 35 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 351 per serving
STRAWBERRY-RHUBARB COMPOTE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
5/5 (4)Total Time 1 hrServings 16Calories 27 per serving
CREPES WITH BLUEBERRY STUFFING AND RHUBARB COMPOTE …
Cuisine AmericanAuthor Gale GandServings 4Category Main-Dish
RHUBARB BLUEBERRIES MUFFINS WITH STREUSEL | HOMEMADE FOOD ...
4.7/5 (3)Total Time 55 minsCategory Breads And MuffinsCalories 276 per serving
CREPES WITH BLUEBERRY STUFFING AND RHUBARB COMPOTE RECIPES
RECIPE: STRAWBERRY, RHUBARB AND MASCARPONE CREPES | STYLE ...
CREPES WITH BLACKBERRY-RHUBARB COMPOTE RECIPE | RECIPE ...
10 BEST RHUBARB RECIPES | YUMMLY
CREPES WITH BLUEBERRY STUFFING AND RHUBARB COMPOTE ...
CREPES WITH RHUBARB COMPOTE RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
RECIPES ARCHIVE - EMILY ELLYN
TRIPLE-BERRY RHUBARB OAT CRISP - WHOLE AND HEAVENLY OVEN
BLUEBERRY CREPE FILLING RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
CREPES WITH BLUEBERRY STUFFING AND RHUBARB COMPOTE .. RECIPE
BLUEBERRY CREPES - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
VEGAN BLUEBERRY RHUBARB CRUMBLE BARS | LOVE ME, FEED ME
30 SWEET & SAVORY CREPE FILLING IDEAS YOU NEED TO TRY
CREPES WITH BLUEBERRY CITRUS COMPOTE - FOOD TO BELLY
STRAWBERRY COMPOTE SAUCE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
CREPES WITH BLUEBERRY STUFFING AND RHUBARB COMPOTE ... RECIPE
CREPE CAKE BLUEBERRIES RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE