QUICK AND ALMOST-PROFESSIONAL BUTTERCREAM ICING
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 drops food coloring, or as needed
- Cream room temperature butter with a hand mixer, the paddle attachment of a stand mixer, or a wooden spoon until smooth and fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until fully incorporated. Beat in vanilla extract.
- Pour in milk and beat for an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Add food coloring, if using, and beat for thirty seconds until smooth or until desired color is reached.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 227.9 calories, Carbohydrate 31.5 g, Cholesterol 30.8 mg, Fat 11.6 g, Protein 0.2 g, SaturatedFat 7.3 g, Sodium 83.7 mg, Sugar 31 g
VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
For many people, cake is just the delivery vehicle for the real star of the show-the frosting. If you agree, you'll love this five-star buttercream frosting recipe. It's rich, sweet and foolproof. With 4 ingredients and 10 minutes of effort, this vanilla buttercream frosting will be ready to turn any cake, cookie or cupcake into a special-occasion dessert-never underestimate the power of a good frosting! Memorize this recipe and you'll always have a frosting to complement whatever's for dessert. (P.S. If you fall for this recipe, you'll be glad to know there's a 2.0 version: Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting is a must try!)
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 4
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- In medium bowl, mix powdered sugar and butter with spoon or electric mixer on low speed. Stir in vanilla and 1 tablespoon of the milk.
- Gradually beat in just enough remaining milk to make frosting smooth and spreadable. If frosting is too thick, beat in more milk, a few drops at a time. If frosting becomes too thin, beat in a small amount of powdered sugar. Frosts 13x9-inch cake generously, or fills and frosts an 8- or 9-inch two-layer cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 170, Carbohydrate 30 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 0 g, Protein 0 g, SaturatedFat 2 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 35 mg, Sugar 29 g, TransFat 0 g
BASIC VANILLA BUTTERCREAM
Ask any pastry chef about frostings and they'll tell you that there's nothing like a good basic vanilla buttercream. This American-style vanilla buttercream from chef Billy Reece of Billy's Bakery in NYC requires just four ingredients and comes together in just about as many minutes. Smooth, fluffy, and creamy, it's ideal for all kinds of cakes, from cupcakes to multi-layered confections.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes enough for 30 cupcakes
Number Of Ingredients 4
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 6 to 8 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter until smooth and creamy, 2 to 3 minutes. With mixer on low speed, add 6 cups sugar, milk, and vanilla; mix until light and fluffy. If necessary, gradually add remaining 2 cups sugar to reach desired consistency.
Top Asked Questions
How to make vanilla buttercream frosting for a cake?This easy Vanilla Buttercream Frosting is smooth and creamy and perfect on any cake or cupcake! Place butter in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Add sugar, one cup at a time, and beat until combined — it will be thick. Beat in vanilla extract.
What is perfect vanilla frosting made of?This Perfect Vanilla Frosting Recipe recipe is very versatile. It’s a basic vanilla buttercream using butter and powdered sugar. This is the perfect frosting for piping cupcakes and cake decorating. 1 1/2 cup ( 339 g) (3 sticks) unsalted butter, cold. Cut the butter into pieces.
How do you make vanilla buttercream with a mixer?You'll never go back to store bought once you get a taste of this easy vanilla buttercream recipe. In a stand mixer bowl, with the mixer on medium speed, whip the butter for 2 minutes until it is almost white in color. Add in the powdered sugar, vanilla and 3 tablespoons milk.
How do you make frosting with heavy cream?Add confectioners’ sugar, one cup at the time, and keep mixing until blended. Add in heavy cream, pure vanilla extract and salt. Beat on low speed for 1 minute, then increase to high speed and beat for 4 minutes until the frosting is smooth and spreadable. If frosting is too thick, beat in heavy cream,...
Egg whites vary in size, and the quantity of whites used in a meringue affects its texture. When making these cookies, it's best to use a liquid measuring...
Provided by Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez
Provided by Chuck Williams
Provided by Frank Randazzo
These low-carb, gluten-free hamburger buns are made with ground almonds, coconut flour, and flax seed.
Provided by myketorecipes
Provided by Daniel Humm
A delicious combination of red pepper sauce, fresh basil, almonds, broccoli florets, and pasta.
Provided by jessica
A brilliant recipe for making with children, making classic custard creams in your favourite shapes.
Provided by simonbeal
My daughter-in-law (and Test Kitchen gal), Krissi, is a rice pudding aficionado and she gives this recipe two enthusiastic thumbs-up. If you've never made...
Provided by maureen gorman
Provided by Lora Zarubin
Provided by á-32809
Serve up a cheesy dinnertime classic with the Turkey and Broccoli Casserole Recipe. Condensed cheddar cheese soup makes this Turkey and Broccoli Casserole...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by My Food and Family
Chocolate and peanut butter are at it again, this time in a refrigerator pie that delivers all the creamy goodness you can pour into a cookie crust.
Provided by My Food and Family
People also searched
More about "easy vanilla buttercream frosting food"
VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING (EASY AND FREEZER FRIENDLY ...
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 15 minsCategory DessertCalories 185 per serving
- Add cream, a little at a time, and beat on high speed until light and fluffy. Continue adding cream until desired texture and firmness is reached.
EASY VANILLA BUTTERCREAM - THE BEST CAKE RECIPES
2.4/5 (9)Total Time 10 minsServings 12Calories 305 per serving
- In a stand mixer bowl, with the mixer on medium speed, whip the butter for 2 minutes until it is almost white in color.
- Add in the powdered sugar, vanilla and 3 tablespoons milk. Beat on low speed for 2-3 minutes, adding in the last tablespoon of milk if the buttercream needs to be thinner.
VANILLA HONEY BUTTERCREAM FROSTING | RECIPES TO NOURISH
4.5/5 (287)Total Time 15 minsCategory DessertCalories 80 per serving
- Fit standing mixer with the flat beater (if you don't have a standing mixer, you could use a hand mixer or food processor instead) and mixing bowl.
- Add butter, honey and vanilla to the bowl and mix on low speed until the butter starts to soften. Increase speed and whip until creamed and it begins to have a lighter white color, about 1 minute. Stop mixer and scrape down frosting with a spatula.
THE BEST BUTTERCREAM FROSTING - TWO SISTERS
4.4/5 (85)Total Time 10 minsCategory Frosting
- Add Powdered Sugar and beat on low until it is incorporated. Then move mixer up to medium-high speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When completely mixed the frosting may appear dry.
EASY VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING VIDEO
Ratings 10Calories 113 per servingCategory Dessert
- Gradually begin to introduce the sugar a little at a time while creaming on a low speed until the frosting becomes light and fluffy – about 2 t0 3 minutes.
BASIC BUTTERCREAM ICING RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Servings 6Category Cakes And Baking
BUTTERCREAM FROSTING RECIPE - VENTRAY KITCHEN CANADA
VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING RECIPE VIDEO
Servings 8Calories 453 per servingTotal Time 9 mins
QUICK VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
4.5/5 (554)Difficulty EasyCategory DessertSteps 2
VEGAN VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING - PLANT-BASED ON A BUDGET
Cuisine AmericanCategory DessertServings 24Total Time 15 mins
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or a large bowl if you’re using a handheld electric mixer), add the room temperature vegan butter. Whisk the butter on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the confectioner’s sugar while continuously beating the butter. Add in the milk and vanilla extract and beat for an additional three minutes until light and fluffy.
EASY VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING - ALPHAFOODIE
5/5 (3)Total Time 10 minsCategory Dessert, DiysCalories 147 per serving
- Measure out all of the ingredients making sure to allow the butter to soften to room temperature (or even make this from scratch, if you'd like).
- Add the softened butter to a large mixing bowl or a stand mixer and whip on high for 1 minute until creamy.To make it super creamy and light you can actually allow this to whip for up to 4 minutes - give it a try both ways and see which you prefer.
- Add half the sugar, the vanilla (or extract of your choice) and whisk until smooth and creamy - this will take around 3-5 minutes on medium-low speed. You can start on low to avoid then icing sugar being thrown about the room and once they're incorporated bump the speed up slightly.I usually add the milk at this point, too, as I use milk almost every time. However, if you're not sure you want to or want to adapt how much you use, then you can add it right at the end of the process instead- adding 1tsp at a time until you reach your desired consistency.To avoid the icing dust going everywhere (including in your lungs!), then it's also a good idea to use a guard or tea towel over the bowl to trap it in.
- Gradually add the remaining sugar, whisking throughout. The aim is for a thick and spreadable frosting - this can take several minutes. Once incorporated, you can put the speed up to high to whip in more air to the buttercream.
EASY BUTTERCREAM FROSTING - ERREN'S KITCHEN
Ratings 14Calories 344 per servingCategory Dessert
- If using a food processor, mix on high for 30 seconds. Scrape the bowl and mix again until smooth (this should only take 30 seconds-1 minute).
- If using a mixer, start on low (to avoid a mess), and once the sugar starts to look mixed into the sugar, finish with a higher speed until smooth.
- Transfer to a covered bowl or container until needed. When stored properly, buttercream frosting can last in the fridge for up to a week in the refrigerator or up to 3 months in the freezer.
SIMPLE VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING - TUTUH'S DESSERTS
Servings 2Total Time 10 mins
- Turn mixer to lowest speed, add half of the icing sugar and combine. Turn up the speed and whip for about 1 minute. Turn speed to low once more and add the remain icing sugar and repeat the process.
- Turn the mixer to low speed and slowly, start adding the milk vanilla mixture into the buttercream. Continue adding until you reach the desired consistency.
SIMPLE VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING - LOVE BAKES GOOD CAKES
4.5/5 (29)Total Time 10 minsServings 24Calories 109 per serving
- With an electric mixer, beat the ingredients on medium speed until well combined and fluffy. Only add the additional tablespoon of milk or water if frosting seems too thick.
EASY CLASSIC VANILLA BUTTERCREAM - CUPCAKES AND CUTLERY
Servings 14Total Time 20 minsCategory DessertCalories 298 per serving
- In a large bowl whip the butter, vegetable shortening and salt, on high, until light and fluffy, around 7 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract and half the heavy cream (about 2 tablespoons) and mix until fluffy on medium speed for about 2 minutes.
EASY VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
5/5 (147)Total Time 10 minsCategory DessertsCalories 124 per serving
VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING - THE GRACIOUS WIFE
4/5 (1)Total Time 15 minsCategory DessertCalories 257 per serving
EASY VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Servings 24Total Time 10 minsCategory DessertCalories 124 per serving
- •In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Yield: About 3 cups.
- Easy Almond Buttercream Frosting: Prepare as directed above, use 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon almond extract instead of the vanilla. Yield: about 3 cups.
- •Easy Chocolate Buttercream Frosting: Prepare as directed above, except use 4 cups confectioners' sugar, 1/2 cup baking cocoa and 6-7 tablespoons milk. Yield: about 3 cups.
- •Easy Lemon Buttercream Frosting: Prepare as directed above, except use 5-6 tablespoons lemon juice instead of the milk and 1 teaspoon grated peel. Yield: about 3 cups.
EASY VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING - MOMMY'S HOME COOKING ...
4.3/5 (34)Total Time 15 minsCategory DessertCalories 1391 per serving
- In a medium bowl, beat with an electric mixer unsalted butter until soft and fluffy, about 2 -3 minutes
- Add confectioners’ sugar, one cup at the time, and keep mixing until blended. Add in heavy cream, pure vanilla extract and salt. Beat on low speed for 1 minute, then increase to high speed and beat for 4 minutes until the frosting is smooth and spreadable.
- If frosting is too thick, beat in heavy cream, 1 tablespoon at a time. If frosting becomes too thin, add up to 1/2 cup more confectioners’ sugar.
THE BEST VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
4.7/5 (14)Total Time 10 minsCategory FrostingsCalories 663 per serving
- Beat butter (and cream cheese, if using) on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until creamy and smooth.
- Add powdered sugar, vanilla, cream, and salt (and almond and coconut extracts if using). Beat for another 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Use a wooden spoon or spatula to stir the frosting by hand for a few minutes to get rid of air bubbles before using to frosting cakes, cupcakes, or cookies.
VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING - I HEART EATING
5/5 (7)Total Time 5 minsCategory DessertCalories 73 per serving
VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING RECIPE (VIDEO ...
4.9/5 (23)Calories 198 per servingCategory Easy
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (or handheld electric mixer), beat butter on high speed for 5 minutes or until lightened in color and whipped, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Meanwhile, sift 4 1/2 to 5 cups of powdered sugar. Reduce mixer to medium-low speed and add powdered sugar one heaping Tablespoon at a time, letting it incorporate with each addition. Add powdered sugar to taste and beat until it is fully incorporated, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add 3 Tbsp heavy cream or milk, 1 Tbsp at a time, and adding it to the desired consistency. Beat another minute until whipped and well combined.
EASY VANILLA BUTTERCREAM - CHARLOTTE'S LIVELY KITCHEN
4.8/5 (30)Calories 312 per serving
- Add the icing sugar (500g) and beat until fully combined – I prefer to add the sugar a couple of spoonfuls at a time as this minimises the amount of sugar that flies out all over the kitchen! You’ll find that at first it’ll start to look lumpy but keep persevering and it’ll smooth out.
- (See note about about the required consistency) Take a look at the consistency of the icing, is it spreadable? If not add ½ tsp milk and mix until fully combined. Check the consistency again and repeat until it is just spreadable.
VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (4)Total Time 10 minsCategory DessertCalories 990 per serving
- In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency.
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosting : Reduce confectioners' sugar to 4 cups and add 1/2 cup baking cocoa; increase milk to 6-7 tablespoons.
- Lemon Buttercream Frosting : Substitute 5-6 tablespoons lemon juice for the milk; add 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel.
SIMPLE VANILLA BUTTERCREAM (AMERICAN BUTTERCREAM RECIPE ...
4.9/5 (59)Calories 1257 per serving
- Reduce speed to low and add in icing sugar 1 cup at a time until well blended. Increase speed to med and beat for 3 minutes.
VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
2.9/5 (69)Total Time 30 minsCategory Desserts, Frostings And Icings, WhiteCalories 198 per serving
- Stir milk and flour together in a saucepan over low heat; cook, stirring constantly, until thick, about 5 minutes. Cool mixture in refrigerator until cold to the touch, about 15 minutes.
- Stir cooled milk until smooth. Slowly beat into the butter mixture until frosting is of a spreadable consistency. For a thicker icing, you may not need the entire milk mixture.
EASY VANILLA FROSTING RECIPE | CUPCAKES & KALE CHIPS
Cuisine DessertTotal Time 10 minsCategory DessertCalories 510 per serving
- Add 4 cups of the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, cream (starting with 2 tablespoons), and salt. Beat until smooth and creamy. Add additional cream or powdered sugar to achieve desired consistency.
CAKEBOSS EASY VANILLA ICING : CAKEBOSS
EASY HOMEMADE VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING RECIPE ...
Cuisine AmericanCategory DessertServings 12Total Time 10 mins
HOW TO MAKE VANILLA BUTTERCREAM (VIDEO) - TATYANAS ...
Reviews 32Calories 1309 per servingCategory Dessert
EASY VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING | RECIPE | DESSERTS ...
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
EASY VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING | RECIPE | BUTTERCREAM ...
4/5 (65)Estimated Reading Time 7 minsServings 2Total Time 20 mins
EASY SUGAR COOKIE FROSTING (VANILLA BUTTERCREAM) - A LATTE ...
5/5 (2)Category DessertServings 1-2Total Time 10 mins
SIMPLE VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING RECIPE ...
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
EASY VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING - BAKING ENVY
4/5 (1)Total Time 15 minsCategory Cakes & CupcakesCalories 282 per serving
BUTTERCREAM FROSTING - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
EASY VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING | KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.4/5 (45)Total Time 20 minsServings 2.75Calories 140 per serving
EASY VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING | WILTON
4/5 (65)Category Recipes-Icing-And-Topping-ButtercreamServings 2Total Time 20 mins
BUTTERCREAM FROSTING | MRFOOD.COM
4/5 (7)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory Cakes
THE BEST VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING | PRETTY. SIMPLE. SWEET.
5/5 (17)Servings 5
VANILLA FROSTING RECIPE | GIADA DE LAURENTIIS | FOOD NETWORK
3.7/5 (96)Author Giada De LaurentiisServings 12Category Dessert
EASY VANILLA SHEET CAKE RECIPE - EASY DESSERT RECIPES
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 35 minsCategory DessertCalories 551 per serving
EASY VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING | SIMPLYRECIPES.COM ...
VEGAN CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING - PLENTIFUL-VEGAN
VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING WITHOUT WHIPPING CREAM RECIPES