ROASTED EGGPLANT AND TOMATO STACKS
- 3 large globe eggplants, each about 1 pound, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons good-quality balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 16 slices large tomato, each 1/4-inch thick
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- In a large bowl toss the eggplant slices with 1/4 cup kosher salt. Using your fingertips, evenly distribute the salt on both sides of each slice. Place the eggplant in a colander set over a large bowl or sheet pan to catch juices. Set aside for 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line two 18 by 13-inch baking sheets with heavy-duty foil.
- Rinse the eggplant under cold water and dry thoroughly with paper towels.
- Arrange the eggplant slices in a single layer on one baking sheet. Brush olive oil on 1 side. Brush with balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with freshly ground pepper.
- Drizzle the other pan with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Arrange the tomato slices in a single layer, season with salt and pepper, then sprinkle with the minced garlic.
- Roast the tomatoe slices until they are very soft and just beginning to brown, 10 to 15 minutes, without turning. Bake the eggplant slices until they are tender and well browned, 20 to 30 minutes, without turning. Let the tomato and eggplant slices cool until you can handle them with your fingers.
- Make a short stack starting with eggplant on the bottom, 1 slice mozzarella, and then tomato. Top with another piece of eggplant. Warm stacks in the oven until mozzarella lightly melts. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.
EGGPLANT, TOMATO, AND PESTO STACK
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, divided
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- 3 medium garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup plus 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 8 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes, cut into 4 slices each
- 4 slices (4 ounces) fresh mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- In a food processor, pulse 1/2 cup walnuts until finely chopped. Add 2 cups basil and garlic, and pulse while slowly adding 1/2 cup oil, scraping down sides as needed until smooth, about 1 minute. Add Parmesan; season with salt and black pepper; process until pesto is well combined. Heat oven to 400°F. Brush eggplant slices with remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil and sprinkle with sea salt; roast on a baking sheet, turning once, until tender and golden, 20 minutes. Top each with 1 tablespoon pesto. Alternately layer 2 eggplant slices, 2 tomato slices and 1 slice mozzarella. (Refrigerate any remaining pesto for another use.) Divide balsamic vinegar, remaining 2 tablespoons walnuts and basil leaves among stacks.
CHEESY EGGPLANT (AUBERGINE) PESTO STACKS
I found this recipe on the internet somewhere, but have tweaked it a bit. Eggplant is one of my favorite vegetables, but I haven't found all that many recipes where it is allowed to take center stage; it is usually buried under so many other ingredients and flavors. This recipe is also a nice way to use up left-over pesto. Preparation time is mainly standing time for the eggplant as it drains its bitter juices.
Provided by FlemishMinx
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- 1 lb eggplant
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 4 ounces grated mozzarella cheese (about 1 cup)
- 4 tablespoons grated fresh parmesan cheese or 4 tablespoons romano cheese
- Pre-heat oven at 375°F, and oil a shallow baking pan.
- Cut the eggplant crosswise into 12 1/3 inch thick slices, discarding the ends.
- Arrange in one layer on paper towels.
- Sprinkle both sides of slices evenly with salt and cover with another layer of paper towels.
- Let eggplant stand 30 minutes.
- Rinse salt off, and pat dry with paper toweling.
- Arrange 4 eggplant slices in one layer in pan and spread each slice evenly with 1 teaspoon pesto.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons mozzarella evenly over pesto on each slice.
- Continue to layer remaining eggplant slices, pesto, and mozzarella in the same way.
- Sprinkle 1 Tablespoon parmesan or romano evenly over each stack and bake in middle of oven until eggplant is tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
Top Asked Questions
How to cook eggplant parmesan with pesto?Brush eggplant slices with remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil and sprinkle with sea salt; roast on a baking sheet, turning once, until tender and golden, 20 minutes. Top each with 1 tablespoon pesto. Alternately layer 2 eggplant slices, 2 tomato slices and 1 slice mozzarella. (Refrigerate any remaining pesto for another use.)
How do you cook eggplant with mozzarella cheese and tomato?Make a short stack starting with eggplant on the bottom, 1 slice mozzarella, and then tomato. Top with another piece of eggplant. Warm stacks in the oven until mozzarella lightly melts. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.
How long to cook tomatoes and eggplant on the stove?Roast the tomatoe slices until they are very soft and just beginning to brown, 10 to 15 minutes, without turning. Bake the eggplant slices until they are tender and well browned, 20 to 30 minutes, without turning. Let the tomato and eggplant slices cool until you can handle them with your fingers.
What is the best way to cook eggplant paratha?Rinse the eggplant under cold water and dry thoroughly with paper towels. Arrange the eggplant slices in a single layer on one baking sheet. Brush olive oil on 1 side. Brush with balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with freshly ground pepper. Drizzle the other pan with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Egg whites vary in size, and the quantity of whites used in a meringue affects its texture. When making these cookies, it's best to use a liquid measuring...
Provided by Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez
Provided by Chuck Williams
Provided by Frank Randazzo
These low-carb, gluten-free hamburger buns are made with ground almonds, coconut flour, and flax seed.
Provided by myketorecipes
Provided by Daniel Humm
A delicious combination of red pepper sauce, fresh basil, almonds, broccoli florets, and pasta.
Provided by jessica
A brilliant recipe for making with children, making classic custard creams in your favourite shapes.
Provided by simonbeal
My daughter-in-law (and Test Kitchen gal), Krissi, is a rice pudding aficionado and she gives this recipe two enthusiastic thumbs-up. If you've never made...
Provided by maureen gorman
Provided by Lora Zarubin
Provided by á-32809
Serve up a cheesy dinnertime classic with the Turkey and Broccoli Casserole Recipe. Condensed cheddar cheese soup makes this Turkey and Broccoli Casserole...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by My Food and Family
Chocolate and peanut butter are at it again, this time in a refrigerator pie that delivers all the creamy goodness you can pour into a cookie crust.
Provided by My Food and Family
People also searched
More about "eggplant tomato and pesto stack food"
EGGPLANT & MOZZARELLA STACKS WITH PESTO & BALSAMIC …
4.4/5 (40)Category Appetizers,Entrées
- Place the vinegar in a small, heavy saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low and gently simmer until the vinegar reduces to about one-quarter of its original volume, about 20 minutes. Check the consistency: It should be syrupy and coat the back of a spoon. Simmer slightly longer if needed.
- Store the reduction in an airtight, heatproof container in the refrigerator; it will keep indefinitely. When you are ready to use it again, bring it to room temperature. Place the uncovered container in hot water until you can stir the reduction, adding drops of hot water as needed to thin it to your desired consistency.
EGGPLANT, TOMATO AND PESTO STACK RECIPE | SELF
Servings 4Calories 295 per servingEstimated Reading Time 40 secs
ROAST PEPPER AND AUBERGINE STACK WITH PESTO AND ROAST ...
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
EGGPLANT, TOMATO AND MOZZARELLA STACKS WITH PESTO SAUCE ...
ROASTED EGGPLANT AND TOMATOES WITH PESTO | THE NEW BAGUETTE
4.1/5 (7)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory Side DishCalories 197 per serving
- Arrange the eggplant in a single layer in a 9”x13” glass or ceramic baking dish (like Pyrex). Sprinkle with the coarse salt and let stand until you see tiny moisture bubbles on the surface, 10 to 15 minutes. (This draws out the eggplant’s excess moisture and bitterness.)
- Pat the eggplant dry with paper towels. Toss with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Cover tightly with foil and roast until the eggplant is starting to soften, about 25 minutes. Then add the tomatoes and remaining tablespoon of oil, and toss to combine. Continue roasting, uncovered, until the vegetables are soft and golden brown, about 25 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, make the pesto. In a food processor, combine the basil, garlic, seeds, and miso. Pulse until everything is broken down. With the motor running, gradually stream in the oil and lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper. Puree until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasonings, if needed.
GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH FRESH MOZZARELLA, TOMATOES AND BASIL ...
Reviews 11Servings 4-6
- Slice your eggplants into ¾ inch rounds. Sprinkle both sides of each round with salt and place them on a paper towel lined plate. Let rest for 20 minutes.
- While your eggplant is resting, prepare the basil vinaigrette. Place all of the ingredients for the basil vinaigrette in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- In a small bowl, toss the diced tomatoes with ½ teaspoon olive oil and a pinch of salt. Set aside until ready to use.
- Heat your grill or grill pan over medium heat. Pat the eggplant dry (the salt will have drawn the excess moisture out of the eggplant…magic!) and brush both sides of each round with olive oil and season with a little extra salt. Grill the rounds for about 8 minutes on each side or until very tender. Remove eggplant from the grill and let it cool to room temperature.
EGGPLANT PARMIGIANA CASSEROLE WITH PESTO
5/5 (3)Category Main DishCuisine ItalianCalories 443 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice the tomatoes in half and arrange on the baking sheet, cut side facing up. Drizzle with olive oil, and lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for one hour.
- Arrange three small bowls on a work space and slice the eggplant into 1/2-inch rounds. Whisk the eggs together with the pesto in the first bowl. Stir together the flours, salt and pepper in the second bowl. Combine half of the cheeses, breadcrumbs and oregano in the third.
GRILLED EGGPLANT MOZZARELLA STACKS WITH PESTO AND TOMATOES
5/5 (2)Total Time 40 minsCategory DinnerCalories 336 per serving
- While the grill heats, cut the ends off the eggplants, and slice them into 1/2″ slices. Mix together the olive oil, garlic, chopped herbs, and sea salt. Lightly brush both sides of the eggplant with the garlic herb olive oil.
- Slice the mozzarella into 1/4″ rounds, and then cut each slice in half. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half or quarters if they’re large, before setting them aside.
- Place the eggplant on the grill and immediately lower the heat to medium high, maintaining a temperature of around 400ºF. Grill for 4-6 minutes per side, or until the eggplant slices are completely tender with nicely browned grill marks.
EGGPLANT LASAGNA WITH BASIL PESTO: DELICIOUS AND EASY ...
Cuisine ItalianCategory Main CourseServings 8
- Heat a nonstick sauté pan over high heat. When oil is simmering place eggplant and sauté until pliable.
CAPRESE EGGPLANT STACKS WITH FRESH MOZZARELLA AND BASIL
Reviews 4Total Time 50 minsEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Lay eggplant slices on a parchment lined sheet pan and brush with canola oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes, then flip each slice over and roast for an additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside until cool enough to handle, but still warm. Spoon a teaspoon of pesto on each slice of eggplant and spread evenly.
- Layer mozzarella, tomato and basil leaf on top of eggplant. Top with another slice of eggplant, then mozzarella and return to the oven for 5 minutes to melt the cheese. Top with sun-dried tomato strips and basil leaves. Serve warm.
EGGPLANT MOZZARELLA STACKS - MAEBELLS
Reviews 34Servings 2Cuisine AmericanCategory Dinner
- In a shallow bowl combine flour and all seasonings, in a second bowl combine the milk and beaten egg.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place cook eggplant 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove eggplant from skillet.
EGGPLANT NAPOLEONS WITH PESTO RECIPE - MYGOURMETCONNECTION
Reviews 2Servings 2-4Cuisine ItalianCategory Vegetarian
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and coat a shallow baking pan with nonstick spray. Cut the eggplant into 3/8-inch rounds and arrange on the prepared pan. Brush both sides of each round with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the eggplant until tender, 12 to 14 minutes, remove from the oven and reduce the temperature to 350°F.
- While the eggplant roasts, slice both the tomatoes and the mozzarella into 1/4-inch slices.Tip: Using a serrated knife to slice the fresh mozzarella makes it much easier to get rounds of uniform thickness.
- Next, prepare the pesto. Add the basil, parsley, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, pine nuts, salt and a few grinds of black pepper to the work bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is the consistency of a thick paste.
GRILLED EGGPLANT & TOMATO STACKS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
5/5 (13)Total Time 25 minsCategory Healthy Grilled Eggplant RecipesCalories 145 per serving
- Use 2 teaspoons oil to brush both sides of eggplant slices; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Grill the eggplant slices for 5 minutes. Turn; continue grilling until tender and marked with grill lines, 3 to 5 minutes more. Transfer to a large platter.
- Spread each eggplant slice with 1 teaspoon pesto. Top with a slice of tomato, a slice of mozzarella and a basil leaf.
- Drizzle vinegar and the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over the towers; sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
GRILLED EGGPLANT STACKS WITH TOMATO, BASIL PESTO AND FETA ...
Reviews 1Category BBQCuisine VegetarianTotal Time 25 mins
GRILLED EGGPLANT TOMATO STACKS - FOOD
5/5 (1)Category Appetizer, Entree, Side DishCuisine AmericanCalories 281 per serving
- Mince the garlic, add it to your grapeseed or olive oil, season the oil well with salt and pepper and allow it to sit for 30 minutes to an hour for t he flavor to deepen.
- When ready to eat, get your grill going and then slice your eggplant into rounds about a 1/2 inch to 3/4 of an inch thick. Brush them well with the seasoned garlic oil on both sides and season with a bit of additional S&P.
- Next slice your tomatoes about 1/2 inch thick (the better the tomatoes, the better the dish!). Brush those with the seasoned garlic oil as well.
- Slice your mozzarella 1/4 inch or so thick (its OK if your mozzarella slice is smaller than the tomato, add an extra half slice if you want to even it out).
PESTO EGGPLANT PARMESAN - FOOD HEAVEN MADE EASY
Servings 6Total Time 1 hrEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
EGGPLANT STACK FLORENTINE - EASY MEALS WITH VIDEO RECIPES ...
Total Time 35 mins
A FARM-FRESH SUMMER APPETIZER THAT'S UNDER 300 CALORIES | SELF
Author Paige Depaolis
BAKED TOMATO-PESTO EGGPLANT STACK - HONEST COOKING
Servings 2Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory AppetizerTotal Time 40 mins
EGGPLANT, HEIRLOOM TOMATO, AND BUFFALO MOZZARELLA STACKS ...
4.8/5 (3)Category AppetizersCuisine ItalianCalories 360 per serving
GRILLED EGGPLANT & MOZZARELLA STACKS WITH PISTACHIO BASIL ...
Servings 3-4Total Time 45 mins
EGGPLANT STACK APPETIZER RECIPE - FITNESS TIPS | 2021
Reviews 115Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
PESTO PROVOLONE EGGPLANT TOMATO STACKS | SUMPTUOUS SPOONFULS
Reviews 2Total Time 40 mins
GRILLED EGGPLANT STACKS WITH PESTO & MOZZARELLA - RECIPE ...
5/5 (3)Category First CourseCuisine ItalianCalories 100 per serving
KATE'S KITCHEN: EGGPLANT AND TOMATO STACKS WITH PESTO
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
EGGPLANT STACKS - PROUD ITALIAN COOK
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
GRILLED EGGPLANT STACKS WITH BASIL WALNUT PESTO RECIPE ...
STACKED EGGPLANT WITH ROAST TOMATO FETA AND PESTO - THE ...
EGGPLANT, TOMATO, AND PESTO STACK | TOMATO RECIPES ...
EGGPLANT TOMATO AND PESTO STACK RECIPES - YAKCOOK.COM
EGGPLANT AUBERGINE PESTO RECIPES
EGGPLANT, TOMATO, AND PESTO STACK RECIPE AT EPICURIOUS.COM ...
EGGPLANT TOMATO AND PESTO STACK RECIPES
EGGPLANT, TOMATO, AND PESTO STACK | RECIPE | SUMMER TOMATO ...
GRILLED EGGPLANT STACKS WITH TOMATO, BASIL PESTO AND FETA ...
EGGPLANT, TOMATO AND PESTO STACK | LOSE YO'SELF:
EGGPLANT TOMATO AND PESTO STACK COUPON
GRILLED EGGPLANT AND TOMATO STACKS - LOCAL FOOD ROCKS
EGGPLANT, TOMATO AND PESTO STACK | LINDSEY'S RECIPES