ORANGE, FENNEL & ROCKET SALAD
This fresh, fruity salad combines peppery rocket leaves, tangy citrus and a punchy mustard dressing for a full-flavoured side dish
Provided by Jessica Simmons
Categories Side dish
Number Of Ingredients 6
- 1 fennel bulb
- 2 large oranges
- 1 small red onion , thinly sliced
- 2 big handfuls rocket
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Using a mandolin or a sharp knife, shred the fennel into thin slices.
- Remove the skin of the oranges with a knife and gently cut out the segments. Do this over a bowl to catch all the juice for the dressing. Squeeze any excess from the oranges after they have been segmented.
- Tip the onion into a bowl with the fennel, orange segments and rocket leaves.
- To make the dressing, combine the juice from the oranges with the olive oil and mustard. Drizzle over the salad and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 100 calories, Fat 4 grams fat, Carbohydrate 11 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 11 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 0.3 milligram of sodium
FENNEL AND ORANGE SALAD
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 5 navel oranges
- 3 to 4 fennel bulbs (about 2 pounds total), ends trimmed, quartered lengthwise, cored, and thinly sliced, crosswise, plus 1/4 cup roughly chopped fennel fronds (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar and oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Using a sharp knife, slice off both ends of each orange. Following the curve of the fruit, cut away the peel and white pith. Halve orange from top to bottom; thinly slice crosswise. Transfer oranges, along with any juices that have accumulated on work surface, to bowl with dressing. Add fennel and, if desired, fronds. Toss to combine.
PEAR AND FENNEL SALAD
- Whisk 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar with 1/2 teaspoon crushed anise seed, salt and pepper in a serving bowl, then slowly whisk in 1/3 cup olive oil. Add 1 thinly sliced fennel bulb, 2 thinly sliced pears and some parsley; season with salt and pepper and toss. Top with shaved pecorino.
Top Asked Questions
What can I make with fennel?"A refreshing salad with the crisp fennel flavor balanced with red grapefruit, apples, onions, and topped with a citrus dressing and fresh basil," says recipe creator Bean. Cubed fennel bulbs and sliced onions are tossed in an orange juice vinaigrette that's seasoned with rosemary, salt, and pepper. Try one of Our Easiest Fennel Recipes.
What is the secret of fennel and orange salad?Here are all the secrets of fennel and orange salad. Wash the fennel bulbs and cut them into fine slices. Plunge the slices into a bowl of water and ice. This will make the fennel even crisper. Remove the top and bottom of the oranges and, using a very sharp knife, remove the peel and white membrane. At this point the orange flesh will be exposed.
How do you prepare fennel salad dressing?Fennel is rich in potassium, vitamine C and folic acid. A mandolin will make slicing easier. Remove the stalk and feathery leaves. Thinly slice with a mandolin, then place in a serving bowl. Pour the classic vinaigrette over the fennel, then add salt and pepper to taste. Toss and serve immediately.
Can you eat fennel tops?Why You Should Keep Them Don't throw out those fennel stalks and fronds after you remove them from the fennel bulb! Fennel tops can be enjoyed both raw alongside other vegetables in hearty salads or cooked in casseroles or soups and even added to marinades or stuffings. Do you need another reason to use the entire veggie? How about this one?
Egg whites vary in size, and the quantity of whites used in a meringue affects its texture. When making these cookies, it's best to use a liquid measuring...
Provided by Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez
Provided by Chuck Williams
Provided by Frank Randazzo
These low-carb, gluten-free hamburger buns are made with ground almonds, coconut flour, and flax seed.
Provided by myketorecipes
Provided by Daniel Humm
A delicious combination of red pepper sauce, fresh basil, almonds, broccoli florets, and pasta.
Provided by jessica
A brilliant recipe for making with children, making classic custard creams in your favourite shapes.
Provided by simonbeal
My daughter-in-law (and Test Kitchen gal), Krissi, is a rice pudding aficionado and she gives this recipe two enthusiastic thumbs-up. If you've never made...
Provided by maureen gorman
Provided by Lora Zarubin
Provided by á-32809
Serve up a cheesy dinnertime classic with the Turkey and Broccoli Casserole Recipe. Condensed cheddar cheese soup makes this Turkey and Broccoli Casserole...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by My Food and Family
Chocolate and peanut butter are at it again, this time in a refrigerator pie that delivers all the creamy goodness you can pour into a cookie crust.
Provided by My Food and Family
People also searched
More about "fennelsaladdressing food"
FENNEL AND ORANGE SALAD | JAMIE OLIVER SALAD RECIPES
Servings 4Total Time 15 minsCategory Light MealsCalories 136 per serving
- Toast the almonds in a dry frying pan, then crush in a pestle and mortar.Peel and very thinly slice the oranges, then arrange on a platter.
- Pick the mint leaves. Drain the fennel, spin, then mix with the mint, rocket, a splash of sherry vinegar and oil, and season well with sea salt and black pepper.
SHAVED FENNEL SALAD RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
4.9/5 (18)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 4
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place bread on one side of a rimmed baking sheet and walnuts on the other side (they cook at different rates). Drizzle bread with 3 Tbsp. oil; season with salt. Toss, squeezing bread with your hands to help it absorb as much oil as possible, until evenly coated. Bake until walnuts are golden brown and croutons are deeply browned and very crisp, 8–10 minutes for walnuts, 12–15 minutes for croutons. Let cool, then coarsely chop walnuts.
- Meanwhile, combine vinegar, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a medium bowl. Let sit 10 minutes to let garlic mellow and flavor the vinegar.
- Whisk 3 Tbsp. oil into vinegar mixture, then add croutons and chopped walnuts. Season crouton mixture with some salt and toss to coat and let croutons soften slightly; set aside.
- Remove stalks and fronds from fennel bulbs. Remove fronds from stalks and coarsely chop; thinly slice stalks. Place in a large bowl. Cut fennel bulbs in half and thinly slice on a mandoline (if you have one; if not, practice your knife skills). Add to same bowl along with mint. Zest lemon half over salad, then squeeze in juice. Season with salt and toss to combine.
GRILLED FENNEL SALAD WITH FRESH HERBS AND PARMESAN - PROUD ...
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
FENNEL AND CELERY SALAD WITH LEMON AND PARMESAN RECIPE ...
4/5 (306)Total Time 15 minsServings 6
10 BEST FENNEL SALAD DRESSING RECIPES | YUMMLY
SHAVED FENNEL SALAD RECIPE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
4/5 (9)Servings 4
FENNEL STALKS AND FRONDS. WHY YOU SHOULD KEEP THEM | SO ...
FENNEL SALAD DRESSING RECIPE - FOOD.COM
4/5 (1)Total Time 10 minsCategory Salad DressingsCalories 1017 per serving
- Measure the oils, vinegars, lemon juice, sugar, mustard, fennel and dried parsley into a glass jar.
- Serve over your favorite combination of greens and other salad ingredients such as chopped vegetables, meats, eggs, etc.
ITALIAN FENNEL SALAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Cuisine Europe, ItalianCategory LunchServings 8Total Time 15 mins
- Snip feathery fronds; reserve 1 tablespoon., In a large bowl, combine onion and fennel wedges.
FENNEL SALAD WITH CITRUS RECIPE | MICHAEL SYMON | FOOD …
Servings 4Category Side-DishAuthor Michael SymonDifficulty Easy
- Cut the top and bottom off the grapefruit. Stand up the fruit and slice off the rind and white pith underneath, reserving the rind so you can add the juice to the salad. Cut the fruit into segments, reserving any juice that accumulates. Set aside.
- Add the orange juice and half of the mint leaves to a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, then drizzle in the oil.
- Quarter the fennel bulbs and trim the core. Using a mandoline or a chef's knife, thinly shave each quarter. Add the fennel and Hungarian peppers to the vinaigrette. Finely chop the reserved fennel fronds and add to the bowl. Fold in the grapefruit segments and their juices and the remaining mint leaves. Squeeze in the juice from the reserved grapefruit top and bottom and toss to combine. Serve.
11 BEST FENNEL SALADS | FOOD & WINE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Fennel Frond Orzo. This delicious, 30-minute orzo salad is made with capers, almonds and olives.
- Spicy Asparagus and Lentil Salad with Fennel. Jalapeño chiles add smoky flavor to this excellent salad.
- Lobster and Fennel Salad. What's the secret to this healthy salad? Soaking the sliced fennel in icy lemon water before serving makes the pieces extra-crispy.
- Farro Salad with Fennel and Arugula. This fast whole grain salad is also great with wheat berries, spelt or barley.
- Kohlrabi, Fennel and Blueberry Salad. Star chef Stephanie Izard's salad features thin slices of raw kohlrabi, which tastes similar to broccoli stem but is milder and sweeter.
- Fennel and Aged Pecorino Salad. Fennel, scallions, parsley and salt aged pecorino cheese star in this fast, vegetarian salad.
- Grapefruit-and-Fennel Salad with Lemon-Wasabi Dressing. This incredible citrusy salad is spiked with grated ginger.
- Green Bean and Fennel Salad with Shaved Parmesan. Instead of haricots verts, chef Eberhard Müller uses regular green beans for this quick salad.
FENNEL VINAIGRETTE DRESSING RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Servings 4-6Total Time 15 minsCategory Salad DressingsCalories 247 per serving
FENNEL AND RADISH SALAD WITH LEMON DRESSING - FOOD & …
Servings 6Total Time 20 mins
- Trim the top and bottom of the fennel bulbs, reserving the excess stalks from the top for another use. Remove and discard any tough outer layers. Cut the bulbs in half lengthwise and very thinly slice them crosswise. Add the sliced fennel and radishes to a bowl of ice water and let stand for 15 minutes, or until very crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the extra-virgin olive oil with the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Drain the fennel and radishes and pat dry. In a bowl, toss the fennel and radishes with the dressing and let stand for 5 minutes, then serve.
LETTUCE & FENNEL SALAD WITH ORANGE ... - BBC GOOD FOOD
Cuisine FrenchCategory Buffet, Side DishServings 10Total Time 15 mins
- Quarter, core and finely shred the fennel. A mandolin or the slicing balde of a food procesor works well.
- Whisk together the orange juice and Dijon mustard with salt and pepper, then whisk in the walnut oil. Pour the dressing over the fennel and leave to marinate for up to 24 hours.
- Tear the lettuce into bite-size pieces. Put in a large bowl, then tip in the fennel and dressing. Toss everything together and serve.
FENNEL SALAD WITH CITRUS DRESSING RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Servings 5Estimated Reading Time 30 secsCategory LunchTotal Time 20 mins
FENNEL SALAD | RECIPETIN EATS
5/5 (5)Total Time 5 minsCategory SaladCalories 122 per serving
- Cut stalks off fennel (save fronds). Shave the fennel and onion using a mandolin, or slice finely.
- Spread out on a plate "carpaccio" style. Drizzle with more olive oil, top with freshly grated parmesan then sprinkle with fennel fronds.
ORANGE AND FENNEL SALAD | ALLRECIPES
5/5 (14)Total Time 20 minsCategory Trusted BrandsCalories 52 per serving
FENNEL SALAD RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
Servings 4Total Time 1 hr 30 mins
LINGUINE WITH FENNEL AND MEAT SAUCE RECIPE - NYT COOKING
Servings 3Total Time 45 minsCategory Dinner, Pastas, Main CourseCalories 683 per serving
HOW TO MAKE FENNEL AND ORANGE SALAD - FINE DINING LOVERS
Servings 4Total Time 20 mins
FENNEL, PEAR AND PINE NUT SALAD RECIPE
Reviews 7Category SaladCuisine AmericanTotal Time 15 mins
FENNEL SALAD | SOSCUISINE
5/5 (30)Category Side DishesCuisine ItalianCalories 140 per serving
TOMATO & FENNEL SALAD RECIPE | EATINGWELL
5/5 (5)Calories 141 per servingTotal Time 10 mins
YOUR NEW FAVORITE INGREDIENT: 18 HEALTHY FENNEL RECIPES - CO
Author Isara KriegerEstimated Reading Time 5 mins
FENNEL SALAD | RICARDO
5/5 (22)Total Time 6 minsCategory AppetizersCalories 100 per serving
RECIPE: ARUGULA & FENNEL SALAD WITH LEMON VINAIGRETTE | KITCHN
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
RED GRAPEFRUIT AND FENNEL SALAD RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
4.3/5 (9)Calories 86 per servingCategory Food & Cooking, Salad Recipes
WHAT GOES WELL WITH FENNEL? - THE DEVIL WEARS SALAD
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
CITRUS, FENNEL AND PERSIMMON SALAD
FENNEL FOR DIGESTION AND OTHER USES | HERBAL LIBRARY
BENEFITS OF FENNEL SEEDS FOR GAS, PLUS HOW TO USE THEM
VEGETABLE FENNEL & THE DIGESTIVE SYSTEM | HEALTHY EATING ...
HOW TO EAT FENNEL RAW | OUR EVERYDAY LIFE
10 BEST ITALIAN FENNEL SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
9 USES OF FENNEL AS A NATURAL REMEDY | NUTRIENTS SOLUTIONS®
FENNEL LEAVES - GREEK HERBS AND SPICES - MARATHO
WHAT IS FENNEL AND HOW DO YOU COOK WITH IT? - PUREWOW
TANDOORI QUAIL WITH FENNEL SALAD AND YOGHURT DRESSING ...
FENNEL SEEDS: HEALTH BENEFITS, NUTRIENTS PER SERVING ...
CHICORY SALAD WITH WHITE FRENCH DRESSING | FEAST AND FIELD ...
WHAT IS FENNEL? BENEFITS, NUTRITION, USES AND RECIPES - DR ...
10+ FENNEL SALAD RECIPES WITH LOTS OF FLAVOR | ALLRECIPES
HOW TO EAT FENNEL SEEDS (2020 EDITION) - THE SPICE GUIDE
BEET, FENNEL AND ARUGULA SALAD WITH CHILI LIME DRESSING
15 FABULOUS FENNEL RECIPES | CANADIAN LIVING