GRILLED LEG OF LAMB
- 2 pounds (2 pints) plain yogurt (regular or low-fat)
- 1/2 cup good olive oil, plus more for brushing grill
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (3 lemons)
- 3/4 cup fresh whole rosemary leaves (2 large bunches)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (5-pound) butterflied leg of lamb (9 pounds bone-in)
- Combine the yogurt, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, rosemary, salt, and pepper in a large non-reactive bowl. Add the lamb, making sure it is covered with marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator, covered, overnight or for up to 3 days.
- Bring the lamb to room temperature. Prepare a charcoal grill with hot coals. Scrape the marinade off the lamb, wipe the meat with paper towels, and season it generously with salt and pepper. Brush the grill with oil to keep the lamb from sticking, and grill on both sides until the internal temperature is 120 to 125 degrees for rare. This will take 40 minutes to 1 hour, depending on how hot the grill is.
- Remove the lamb to a cutting board, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest for 20 minutes. Then slice and serve.
DELICIOUS SIMPLE MARINADE FOR ROAST LEG OF LAMB
This was a recipe that I originally got from allrecipes.com and have since modified. It is very simple and quick to make, but it yields one of the most delicious tasting roasts I've ever had. Be prepared for people to ask for seconds!
Provided by Slains Girl
Categories Low Protein
Yield 1/2 cup, 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 75 ml honey, room temperature
- 30 ml Dijon mustard
- 30 ml rosemary, chopped (fresh or dried)
- 15 ml oregano, chopped (fresh or dried)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 ml lemon juice
- 5 ml black pepper, freshly ground
- 5 ml coarse sea salt, freshly ground
- 5 ml mint, chopped (fresh or dried)
- Mix together all the ingredients. Taste and make adjustments to seasoning according to taste.
- Using a sharp knife, make several small slits into the leg of lamb to allow marinade to penetrate. Thoroughly baste the leg of lamb in the marinade.
- Place the lamb, along with the marinade, in a dish big enough to hold the meat. Pour the remaining marinade over it, and place in the refrigerator.
- Allow to marinate overnight, turning once. Baste meat once more before putting into the oven to roast.
MARINATED GRILLED LAMB
It's fun to fire up the grill on Easter, especially if you live in a cold climate! A mild marinade we created fabulously flavors lamb.-Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 boneless leg of lamb (3 to 4 pounds), trimmed and untied
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Additional salt and pepper
- In a shallow dish, combine first 9 ingredients; add lamb and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate 4 hours. , Prepare grill for indirect medium heat. Drain lamb, discarding marinade. Place rosemary sprig on lamb; roll up and tie with kitchen string, leaving a portion of the sprig exposed. If desired, sprinkle with additional salt and pepper., Grill lamb, covered, over indirect medium heat 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Remove from grill; tent with foil and let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Discard rosemary sprig before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 225 calories, Fat 12g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 82mg cholesterol, Sodium 304mg sodium, Carbohydrate 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
Top Asked Questions
What is the best marinade for grilling lamb leg?Chris’ Mediterranean inspired thick marinade for grilling lamb leg is incredibly flavorful while simple to prepare. It is easy to rub into the meat and stays on it. Make the marinade. Very, very finely chop fresh rosemary leaves and (picture #1 above) and mince the garlic. Zest the lemon, add extra virgin olive oil, Dijon, salt and pepper.
How long do you cook Lamb after marinating it?Remove the marinated meat from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before grilling. Heat the grill (or large cast iron skillet) and oil it lightly. Remove the lamb from the marinade and grill for about 15 to 20 minutes per side for medium-rare.
How to prepare bone-in leg of lamb for grilling?Flavor it before you grill it with a thick and fragrant leg of lamb marinade with rosemary, garlic, lemon, Dijon mustard and olive oil. Tips on cutting a bone-in leg of lamb. Make the marinade for the lamb leg - very finely chop the rosemary leaves, mince the garlic and press onto it with the flat side of the knife, zest the lemon.
How do you cook Lamb on a Weber gas grill?Directions. Heat the grill (or large cast iron skillet) and oil it lightly. Remove the lamb from the marinade and grill for about 15 to 20 minutes per side for medium-rare. (Adjust the time accordingly for other degrees of doneness.) Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes. Toss the mache (or mixed baby greens), mint leaves,...
Egg whites vary in size, and the quantity of whites used in a meringue affects its texture. When making these cookies, it's best to use a liquid measuring...
Provided by Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez
Provided by Chuck Williams
Provided by Frank Randazzo
These low-carb, gluten-free hamburger buns are made with ground almonds, coconut flour, and flax seed.
Provided by myketorecipes
Provided by Daniel Humm
A delicious combination of red pepper sauce, fresh basil, almonds, broccoli florets, and pasta.
Provided by jessica
A brilliant recipe for making with children, making classic custard creams in your favourite shapes.
Provided by simonbeal
My daughter-in-law (and Test Kitchen gal), Krissi, is a rice pudding aficionado and she gives this recipe two enthusiastic thumbs-up. If you've never made...
Provided by maureen gorman
Provided by Lora Zarubin
Provided by á-32809
Serve up a cheesy dinnertime classic with the Turkey and Broccoli Casserole Recipe. Condensed cheddar cheese soup makes this Turkey and Broccoli Casserole...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by My Food and Family
Chocolate and peanut butter are at it again, this time in a refrigerator pie that delivers all the creamy goodness you can pour into a cookie crust.
Provided by My Food and Family
People also searched
More about "grilled marinated leg of lamb food"
GRILLED YOGURT-MARINATED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - EPICURIOUS
3.8/5 (30)Total Time 8 hrsServings 8
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB WITH ANCHO CHILE MARINADE RECIPE ...
3.8/5 (24)Servings 8
GRILLED MARINATED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE RECIPE - EPICURIOUS
3.9/5 (57)Total Time 10 hrsServings 8
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB WITH ROSEMARY, GARLIC, AND MUSTARD ...
3.8/5 (46)Servings 10-12
EASY BONELESS HONEY MARINATED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB ...
5/5 (2)Total Time 24 hrs 25 minsCategory Lamb/SheepCalories 701 per serving
- In a large heavy plastic ziploc bag combine the honey vegetable oil, lemon juice, Dijon, onion, garlic, fresh rosemary, salt and black pepper (I use about 1-1/2 teaspoons black pepper).
- Seal the bag tightly and place in a large bowl; refrigerate for 24 hours turning the bag occasionally to coat evenly in the marinade.
LAVENDER-MARINATED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - FOOD AND WINE
Servings 8Total Time 1 hr 20 mins
- Using a small, sharp knife, make 24 incisions all over the lamb. Stuff each incision with a piece of anchovy and garlic and a pinch of the rosemary. In a roasting pan, combine the 1/4 cup of olive oil with the wine and lavender. Add the lamb and coat well. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Light a grill. Bring the lamb to room temperature and season with salt and pepper. Grill the lamb over a moderately low fire for about 40 minutes, or until lightly charred and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 125° for medium rare. Transfer the lamb to a carving board, cover with foil and let rest for 10 minutes before thinly slicing it. Serve with lemon wedges and additional olive oil.
MEDITERRANEAN GRILLED LAMB LEG WITH MINT PESTO | THE ...
4.9/5 (14)Total Time 40 minsCategory EntreeCalories 815 per serving
- Make the marinade. In the bowl of a food processor, add the parsley, mint, onion garlic, spices, lemon juice and olive oil. Run processor until you have a smooth green marinade.
- Pound lamb. Place the lamb leg on a large cutting board, cover with heavy plastic wrap. Using the smooth side of a meat tenderizer or mallet like this one, pound lamb and make sure to even out any pieces that are too thick. But remember, the goal is NOT to achieve paper-thin lamb.
- Pat the lamb leg dry and sprinkle generously with salt on both sides. Place lamb in a large freezer bag and spread the marinade all over it. Zip the bag closed and work the marinade into the lamb to make sure every part of the lamb is well coated. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove lamb from fridge and let sit in room temperature for 20 minutes. (To make the lamb easier to turn on the grill you can insert a couple of metal skewers through the lamb, crosswise)
MARINATED GRILLED LEG OF LAMB - LOVING THE HOME LIFE
Cuisine AmericanCategory Main CourseServings 4
- The next day, light the grill and heat to a low heat. I use a Big Green Egg and let it heat to about 300°.
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Servings 8Total Time 4 hrs 40 minsCategory Lamb/SheepCalories 558 per serving
- Combine the onions, tomatoes, garlic, pepper, paprika, cumin, coriander, and cardamom in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Put the lamb in a shallow baking dish and pour the marinade over to cover. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or up to overnight.
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB WITH GARLIC AND ROSEMARY - FOOD & …
5/5 (45)Total Time 4 hrs 45 minsServings 6-8
- Spread the lamb on a work surface. With a boning or paring knife, cut between the muscles and separate them using your fingers. Trim away any excess fat and gristle.
- In a large, shallow dish, combine the olive oil, garlic and rosemary. Add the lamb and turn to coat. Let marinate at room temperature for 4 hours, turning a few times.
- Light a grill. Season the lamb with salt and pepper; do not scrape off the garlic or rosemary. Grill the lamb over a hot fire, turning often, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in each piece registers 125° to 130° for medium-rare. The times will vary according to the size and shape of the lamb leg, anywhere from 8 minutes for a 6-ounce piece to 20 minutes for a 1 1/2-pound piece. Transfer the lamb to a carving board as each one is done, cover loosely with foil and let rest for 15 minutes. Thinly slice the lamb and serve.
BUTTERFLIED AND MARINATED LEG OF LAMB - GREAT EIGHT FRIENDS
4/5 (7)Total Time 50 minsCategory Dinner, Lamb, Main CourseCalories 322 per serving
- Combine the first 8 marinade ingredients in a blender. (I use the blender but a whisk could also be used.)
- Set aside a small amount of marinade (about 1/2 cup or more if you doubled the recipe) for drizzling on the lamb at serving time.
- In a large container, combine the remainder of the marinade, ginger root, and lamb and marinate the lamb for a minimum of 2 hours in the refrigerator. I usually marinate the lamb overnight. Turn the meat in the marinade at least once.
MARINATED GRILLED LEG OF LAMB - THE DAILY MEAL
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 8 hrs 18 minsCategory EntreesCalories 484 per serving
- Step 1: In a blender or food processor, combine 1 1/2 cups olive oil, juice of 3 lemons, 1/2 cup dry red wine, 1 large peeled and quartered onion, 6 to 8 large peeled garlic cloves, 1/4 cup Dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon dried oregano, 1 tablespoon dried basil, 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, 2 teaspoons ground cumin, 2 teaspoons kosher salt and 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper. Mix until thick and creamy, about 1 minute.
- Step 2: If the butcher has tied the leg of lamb, untie it. Lay it out fat side down on a rimmed baking sheet; using a sharp knife, slash the thickest parts of the lamb. Pour about half the marinade over the meat, and rub it in well with your hands. Turn the lamb over and pour the remaining marinade over the fat side, again rubbing it in well.
- Step 3: Fold the lamb in thirds and put it into a zip-close bag or shallow pan. Pour remaining marinade from the baking sheet over the lamb. Refrigerate 8 to 24 hours, turning the bag or flipping the lamb every 2 hours or so.
- Step 4: At grilling time, make a hot fire. Unfold the lamb and pat away the excess marinade. Discard remaining marinade. Put the lamb on the grill cut side up and cook for 9 minutes. Turn the lamb over and cook an additional 9 minutes. Transfer the lamb to a platter and allow to rest for 15 minutes before carving.
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB (MARINADE) RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Servings 8Total Time 10 hrs 30 minsCategory Lamb/SheepCalories 579 per serving
- Prepare marinade in a small bowl by whisking together the mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly until slightly thickened. Stir in the lemon zest, garlic and rosemary. Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Place lamb in a large bowl or shallow baking dish. Add the marinade and coat the meat well. Refrigerate overnight, covered, turning the lamb once or twice in the marinade.
PERFECT GRILLED LEG OF LAMB (WITH ROSEMARY, GARLIC, DIJON ...
5/5 (7)Total Time 1 hr 40 minsCategory Cooking Tips And How TosCalories 639 per serving
- Make the marinade for the lamb leg - very finely chop the rosemary leaves, mince the garlic and press onto it with the flat side of the knife, zest the lemon. Combine all three with the olive oil, Dijon mustard and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Trim any excess fat from the leg of lamb, leaving a good fat cap on top. Score the fat cap in a diamond pattern until you just reach the meat. Apply the marinade paste all over the lamb, rub it in the scored parts. Place onto a plate, season with salt and pepper and cover*. Marinate refrigerated from 4 hours to overnight.
- Bring the leg of lamb to room temperature (about 30-40 minutes of the counter) and preheat a charcoal** grill to 325F. No need to scrape off the marinade paste - it will help form a flavorful crust.
- Place the leg of lamb directly onto the grill rack, over indirect heat, fat cap facing up. Turn it over/reposition it every 20 minutes or so to expose all surfaces to the indirect heat and the grill rack. Do so last for the side with the fat. Maintain a constant grill temperature and grill until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 135 F for medium-rare. If you'd like a section of the lamb leg to be cooked medium (as seen in the pictures) grill the meatiest side of the leg until the temperature there is 140-145F. *** Allow the lamb to rest onto a board for 10-15 minutes before you carve it. You may loosely tent it with foil to keep it warm.
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB, MEXICAN-STYLE RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
- Spread the lamb on a work surface and lightly pound the thickest part of the meat to a 2-inch thickness. Put the lamb in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the lime juice, chile powder, oregano, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of pepper and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove the lamb from the marinade and blot it dry with paper towels. Bring the lamb to room temperature.
- Light a grill and oil the grates. Brush the lamb with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over moderate heat until lightly charred on the underside, about 10 minutes. Turn the lamb over and scatter the sage and rosemary on top. Grill the lamb, turning once more, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 135° for medium-rare or 140° for medium, 20 to 25 minutes longer. Transfer the lamb to a work surface and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss the tomatoes, poblanos, onion wedges and scallions with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over moderately high heat, turning occasionally, until lightly charred and just tender, 4 to 7 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a serving platter. Thinly slice the lamb across the grain and transfer it to the platter. Serve with the Bacon Fat Tortillas and Tomatillo Salsa.
PROVENçAL LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - GRACE PARISI - FOOD & WINE
Servings 8Total Time 1 hr
- Put the lamb into a 2-gallon resealable plastic bag. Add the wine, rosemary, thyme, zest, shallots, peppercorns and lavender. Seal the bag, pressing out the air. Turn to coat the lamb. Refrigerate for at least 24 hours and up to 48 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
- Light a grill and oil the grates. Brush the lamb with oil and season with salt. Grill over moderate heat, turning occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 125° for medium-rare meat, 35 to 40 minutes. Transfer the lamb to a board and let rest for 10 minutes. Thinly slice the meat against the grain and serve.
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE | TYLER FLORENCE - FOOD NETWORK
5/5 (20)Author Tyler FlorenceCuisine AmericanCategory Main-Dish
- To a blender, add: the oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, thyme, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard, season with salt and pepper, to taste. Blend until thoroughly combined. Pat the lamb dry and put it on a shallow platter. Season all over with salt and pepper. Pour half of the vinaigrette over the lamb, turning the meat to get it well coated. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Remove the marinated meat from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before grilling.
- Heat the grill (or large cast iron skillet) and oil it lightly. Remove the lamb from the marinade and grill for about 15 to 20 minutes per side for medium-rare. (Adjust the time accordingly for other degrees of doneness.) Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Toss the mache (or mixed baby greens), mint leaves, and scallions in a bowl and dress the salad with about 3 tablespoons of the reserved vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper. Slice the lamb into thick slices and serve with greens.
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB WITH MINT SAUCE - NEIGHBORFOOD
5/5 (1)Total Time 40 minsServings 10
- In a bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, mint leaves, and rosemary. Add the marinade to a large ziplock bag or casserole dish. Add the leg of lamb and turn it to make sure the marinade is evenly distributed. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove the lamb from the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature while the grill preheats to medium high. Skewer the meat lengthwise (I used four long metal skewers) to help it stay together on the grill. Place the meat on the preheated grill, brush with additional marinade and cook until internal temperature reaches desired doneness (Rare: 125 degrees; Medium rare: 135 degrees; Medium: 145 degrees) I recommend medium rare for lamb, which will take 8-12 minutes per side.
- When the lamb is at the correct temperature, remove it to a cutting board and tent with foil for 10 minutes before slicing.
- While the lamb grills, whip up the sauce. In a bowl, whisk together the sugar, hot water, salt, and black pepper until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in the mint and vinegars until well combined. To serve, slice the lamb into thin strips across the grain then spoon over mint sauce. Serve warm.
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB WITH GARLIC AND HERB LEMON …
CHINESE MARINADE KICKS UP FLAVOR OF GRILLED LAMB
Author Diane Rossen WorthingtonEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
GRILLED MARINATED LEG OF LAMB WITH ASPARAGUS AND MINT ...
5/5 (2)Category Main-DishAuthor Food Network KitchenDifficulty 4 hr 45 min
GRILLED HOISIN-MARINATED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB - EPICURIOUS
3.6/5 (23)Servings 4-6
GRILLED MARINATED LEG OF LAMB WITH ASPARAGUS - FOOD NETWORK
Servings 10Category Main-Course, Lunch
YOGURT-MINT MARINATED GRILLED LEG OF LAMB - FOOD NETWORK
4.2/5 (19)Author Bobby FlayCuisine Middle-EasternCategory Main-Dish
GRILLED MARINATED LAMB - NUTMEG NANNY
Reviews 31Total Time 50 minsEstimated Reading Time 5 mins
GRILLED MARINATED LEG OF LAMB | RECIPE | LAMB LEG RECIPES ...
3.9/5 (57)Estimated Reading Time 6 minsServings 8
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB - RICARDO
5/5 (6)Category Main DishesServings 4-6Total Time 35 mins
GRILLED AUSSIE LEG OF LAMB - FOOD CHANNEL
Servings 6Total Time 12 hrs 15 minsEstimated Reading Time 1 min
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
5/5 (6)Category Main-DishAuthor Tim FerreeSteps 5
MARINATED LAMB ROAST - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
GRILLED MARINATED LAMB - SAVEUR
GRILLED MARINATED LEG OF LAMB - MAPLEWOOD ROAD | RECIPE ...
MARINATED LAMB LEG HARISSA GRILL - HOME | FACEBOOK
MARINATED GRILLED LAMB RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - FOOD NEWS
GRILLED YOGURT-MARINATED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
FOOD LUST PEOPLE LOVE: SPICY GRILLED LEG OF LAMB
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB | RECIPE | GRILLED LEG OF ...
GRILLED MARINATED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
GRILLED MARINATED LEG OF LAMB - MY RECIPE MAGIC
SMOKED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE MASTERBUILT
GRILLED MARINATED LEG OF LAMB - MAPLEWOOD ROAD
GRILL BONELESS LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
12 LAMB MARINADE RECIPES FOR A TENDER, JUICY, DELICIOUS ...