Dinner is easy with Giada De Laurentiis' Basic Polenta recipe from Everyday Italian on Food Network; it's the perfect cornmeal canvas for your favorite mains.
Provided by Giada De Laurentiis
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 4
- 6 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 3/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a heavy large saucepan. Add 2 teaspoons of salt. Gradually whisk in the cornmeal. Reduce the heat to low and cook until the mixture thickens and the cornmeal is tender, stirring often, about 15 minutes. Turn off the heat. Add the butter, and stir until melted.
EASY CREAMY POLENTA
- 1 cup coarse grain polenta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large, deep saucepan, bring 5 cups of water to a boil. While whisking constantly, add polenta in a slow, steady stream. Reduce heat to medium, cook until thickened, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, about 15 minutes. Remove pan from heat and stir in cheese, heavy cream, and butter. Season with salt and pepper.
POLENTA FRIES RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: nonstick cooking spray, milk, vegetable broth, polenta, unsalted butter, salt, pepper, dried oregano, dried thyme, dried rosemary, olive oil, canola oil, mayonnaise, garlic, fresh parsley, lemon juice, salt, pepper
Provided by Rachel Gaewski
Yield 5 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 2 ½ cups milk, of choice
- 2 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups polenta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- olive oil, for brushing (if baking)
- 4 cups canola oil, if frying
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Grease a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- In a medium pot over high heat, add the milk and vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Whisk in the polenta and reduce the heat to low, whisking continuously for about 5 minutes, or until all the liquid has been absorbed and the polenta is creamy.
- Add the butter, salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, and rosemary and stir until well-combined.
- Transfer the polenta to the prepared baking sheet and spread out evenly with a spatula. Chill for at least 2 hours or up to 3 days to set.
- If baking, preheat the oven to 425ºF (220ºC).
- Make the aioli: Combine the mayonnaise, garlic, parsley, and lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and mix until well-combined. Chill until ready to use.
- Carefully flip the baking sheet onto a cutting board to release the polenta. Slice in half lengthwise, and then cut into 22 equal-sized fries, each about 4 inches (10 cm) long and 1 inch (2 ½ cm) wide.
- If baking, use a spatula to transfer the fries onto wire racks set over 2 baking sheets. Brush each fry generously with olive oil. Bake for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through and brushing with more oil, until golden brown.
- If frying, heat the canola oil in a large pot until it reaches 375ºF (190ºC). Using a large spider, submerge 2 fries at a time into the oil and fry for 2-4 minutes, until golden brown and crispy. Remove from the oil and transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Serve the fries with aioli.
Top Asked Questions
What is polenta recipe?Polenta recipe is a dish from northern Italy made with cornmeal coarsely ground and salted water. Polenta can be soft and creamy, similar to porridge, or hard and more compact. It depends on the amount of water used for cooking. Polenta is excellent with meat or mushroom ragout. Terrific when mixed with cheeses like gorgonzola and parmigiano.
What is polpolenta and how is it made?Polenta (pronounced poh-LEHN-tah)ah is a cornmeal mush or porridge that originated in Northern Italy as peasant food. It may not be particularly popular in the United States, but it's a staple that many Italian Americans enjoy as a part of their heritage.
Where do you find polenta in grocery store?Polenta is ground cornmeal, so look for either packaged polenta or ground cornmeal in your grocery store. It's normally in the baking aisle and sold in boxes or bags and retails for less than $5. Premade tubes of cooked polenta are also widely available.
How do you cook polenta without it sinking?Add the polenta to the boiling water in a steady stream, whisking continually. Once you’ve added all the polenta, reduce the heat to a simmer and continue whisking until the polenta no longer sinks to the bottom of the pot, about 2 minutes.
Egg whites vary in size, and the quantity of whites used in a meringue affects its texture. When making these cookies, it's best to use a liquid measuring...
Provided by Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez
Provided by Chuck Williams
Provided by Frank Randazzo
These low-carb, gluten-free hamburger buns are made with ground almonds, coconut flour, and flax seed.
Provided by myketorecipes
Provided by Daniel Humm
A delicious combination of red pepper sauce, fresh basil, almonds, broccoli florets, and pasta.
Provided by jessica
A brilliant recipe for making with children, making classic custard creams in your favourite shapes.
Provided by simonbeal
My daughter-in-law (and Test Kitchen gal), Krissi, is a rice pudding aficionado and she gives this recipe two enthusiastic thumbs-up. If you've never made...
Provided by maureen gorman
Provided by Lora Zarubin
Provided by á-32809
Serve up a cheesy dinnertime classic with the Turkey and Broccoli Casserole Recipe. Condensed cheddar cheese soup makes this Turkey and Broccoli Casserole...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by My Food and Family
Chocolate and peanut butter are at it again, this time in a refrigerator pie that delivers all the creamy goodness you can pour into a cookie crust.
Provided by My Food and Family
People also searched
More about "homemadepolenta food"
SMOOTH AND CREAMY POLENTA RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
Ratings 65Calories 88 per servingCategory Sides
HOW TO MAKE POLENTA FROM CORNMEAL - EASY POLENTA RECIPE ...
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Continue to cook for 30-35 minutes. Whisk occasionally, making sure to scrape edges/bottom of pan to avoid sticking. Remove from heat.
POLENTA RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE POLENTA RECIPE | HOMEMADE ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 20 minsCategory AppetizersCalories 316 per serving
- Put a deep-bottomed pan on medium flame and boil water in it. After boiling, pour it into a large microwave-safe bowl and add salt to it. Stir constantly and pour the coarsely grounded cornmeal into the boiled water in a steady stream.
- Repeat this process until the polenta is thick and the cornmeal is tender. Top it up with butter and serve hot.
TOASTED POLENTA ROUNDS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 4Calories 91 per serving
- Coat both sides of polenta slices with cooking spray, and place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle evenly with cheese and seasoning.
39 POLENTA RECIPES FOR CREAMY (OR CRISPY!) AND DELICIOUS ...
- Oven Polenta With Roasted Mushrooms and Thyme. Still stirring your polenta? With this nearly hands-off polenta recipe, the oven does the hard work while your stovetop does the bare minimum.
- Cheesy Baked Butternut Squash Polenta. Butternut squash melts into the polenta as this creamy, make-ahead dish cooks, while chunks of Fontina create melting pockets of cheese throughout.
- Blood Orange and Poppy Polenta Shortbread Cookies. Polenta adds corny, savory deliciousness to these light and sweet cookies. If you can't find blood oranges, substitute navel orange zest and juice.
- Wild Mushroom and Parsnip Ragout With Cheesy Polenta. This hearty vegetarian ragout—served on a bed of creamy polenta—gets a boost of rich flavor from umami-packed tomato and miso pastes.
- Brown Butter-Polenta Cake with Maple Caramel. We love using polenta in our baking. To make sure this cake comes out moist, use finely ground polenta (labeled "quick-cooking" or "instant").
- Upside-Down Blood Orange–Polenta Cake. A touch of polenta in the batter gives this cake satisfying texture and an extra layer of nutty sweetness. Get This Recipe.
- Slow Cooker Ricotta-Spinach Polenta with Tomato Salad. Polenta recipes often use the pantry staple as a neutral carb canvas for a rich sauce or braised meat, but here the creamy ricotta-and-spinach-enriched polenta is the centerpiece, with a simple little salad on top for freshness.
- Polenta Cacio e Pepe. This polenta recipe uses the pressure cooker for a dish that's simple and so delicious. If you don't have Pecorino, Parmesan also works well.
- Italian Fish and Vegetable Stew. Polenta doesn't need a heavy meat topping. Here, it gets firm white fish (such as mahi-mahi, cod, or halibut) and a bright sauce made with fresh vegetables, plus a bit of red wine vinegar, lemon juice, and mustard.
- Polenta Bites with Wild Mushrooms and Fontina. Store-bought tubes of polenta are the ultimate appetizer shortcut: just slice and toast in the oven, top with sautéed wild mushrooms and a sprinkling of grated Fontina, then bake again until melty and irresistible.
POLENTA RECIPES - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY POLENTA IN THE OVEN | EPICURIOUS
Author Sheela PrakashEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
14 MOUTHWATERING MEALS MADE WITH POLENTA - BRIT + CO
Author Allison HutchinsEstimated Reading Time 7 mins
FRIED POLENTA : RECIPES : COOKING CHANNEL RECIPE | GIADA ...
Cuisine EuropeanCategory Side-DishServings 30Total Time 2 hrs 20 mins
BAKED POLENTA WITH RICOTTA AND PARMESAN RECIPE - NYT COOKING
4/5 (310)Category Dinner, Grains And Rice, Side DishServings 4-6Total Time 1 hr
LOW FODMAP CREAMY POLENTA - THE FODMAP FORMULA
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory Side DishCalories 118 per serving
STORING AND REHEATING LEFTOVER POLENTA - LA CUCINA ITALIANA
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
GRILLED POLENTA ROUNDS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (5)Total Time 1 hr 32 minsCategory VeganCalories 74 per serving
GRILLED POLENTA WITH CHEESE (HOW TO USE LEFTOVER POLENTA ...
4.7/5 (19)Total Time 25 minsCategory Main CoursesCalories 47 per serving
HOW TO MAKE PERFECT POLENTA | ALLRECIPES
4.9/5 (221)Calories 291 per serving
POLENTA: ALL OUR BEST RECIPES - LA CUCINA ITALIANA
Author Riccardo Angiolani
HOW TO MAKE EASY NO-COOK POLENTA, STEP BY STEP | FOOD & WINE
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
EPICURUS.COM RECIPES | LIDIA’S BASIC POLENTA
Servings 4Total Time 25 minsCategory Appetizer,Side Dish, Vegetarian
HOW TO COOK POLENTA: THE ONLY RECIPE YOU WILL EVER NEED ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
POLENTA PARMIGIANA RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
5/5 (1)Total Time 30 minsCategory AppetizersCalories 108 per serving
WHAT IS POLENTA? AND HOW TO MAKE POLENTA | COOKING …
Author Food Network Kitchen
HOW TO MAKE POLENTA | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
POLENTA RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
5/5 (92)Total Time 25 minsServings 4Calories 110 per serving
BAKED POLENTA FRIES RECIPE BY ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
4.9/5 Servings 4Cuisine ContinentalTotal Time 1 hr
HOMEMADE POLENTA - INHABITED KITCHEN
5/5 (2)Estimated Reading Time 6 minsServings 4Calories 91 per serving
BAKED POLENTA FRIES RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
3.7/5 (135)Total Time 1 hrCategory Food & Cooking, Lunch Recipes
CREAMY POLENTA FOR 2 RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (1)Total Time 30 minsCategory EuropeanCalories 220 per serving
BASIC POLENTA RECIPE - NYT COOKING
POLENTA RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE BASIC ... - RECIPES FROM ITALY
POLENTA RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
[HOMEMADE]POLENTA : FOOD
24 RECIPES AND IDEAS FOR POLENTA | WHOLE FOODS MARKET
POLENTA RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
10 BEST POLENTA APPETIZERS RECIPES | YUMMLY
POLENTA - WIKIPEDIA
WHAT IS POLENTA, EXACTLY? | REAL SIMPLE
POLENTA RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
POLENTA RECIPES & MENU IDEAS | BON APPETIT
[HOMEMADE]POLENTA WITH VEGETABLES : FOOD
HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN POLENTA - A GUIDE FROM OH MY VEGGIES!
PERFECT POLENTA - HOW TO MAKE SOFT POLENTA - YOUTUBE
POLENTA: NUTRITION, CALORIES, AND BENEFITS
10 BEST POLENTA DESSERT RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOMEMADE POLENTA RECIPE - FOOD.COM
10 BEST MEXICAN POLENTA RECIPES | YUMMLY