"We travel a lot, and I want my family to eat right while we're away from home, so I pack a cooler full of these fun sandwiches," relates Paula Truksa of Jewett, Texas. "You can use different luncheon meats, cheeses, sweet or sour pickles and white or wheat bread to suit your tastes."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 sandwiches.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- 1 package (6 ounces) thinly sliced deli ham
- 8 slices process American cheese
- 8 slices thin sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 dill pickle spears, well drained
- Divide ham into eight portions. Top each stack with a slice of cheese. Spread both sides of bread with mayonnaise; place one slice of bread on each stack. If necessary, trim ham to fit bread. , Place pickle in center of each. Roll up tightly; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate overnight.
Nutrition Facts :
INSIDE-OUT PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE SANDWICHES
A fun blend of peanut butter cookies and frosting topped with holiday morsels! This sandwich cookie is perfect to make for a holiday cookie exchange.
Provided by Annacia
Yield 20 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- 1 cup Nestle swirled holiday morsels, divided (optional)
- 2/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels (optional)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter or 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups prepared vanilla frosting
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter or 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- Combine morsels in small bowl, set aside. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in another small bowl. Beat butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in 1 cup morsel mixture. Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. Press down slightly.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets on wire racks for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread Peanut Butter Frosting and Filling on bottom side of one cookie. Place bottom side of a second cookie over frosting creating a cookie sandwich; press down slightly. Frost top of cookie sandwich and sprinkle with a few morsels. Repeat with remaining cookies and frosting.
- PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING AND FILLING:.
- Combine 1 1/4 cups prepared vanilla frosting and 1/4 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter in small bowl.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 203.5, Fat 13.2, SaturatedFat 5.7, Cholesterol 27.6, Sodium 210, Carbohydrate 18.7, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 11.5, Protein 4.2
INSIDE-OUT EGGPLANT PARMIGIANA
- For Tomato Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14-ounce) can whole tomatoes in juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped basil
- For Eggplant Stacks:
- 2 (1-pound) eggplants
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus additional for drizzling
- 3/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/2 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red-pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound arugula, coarse stems discarded, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup packed basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 pound cold fresh mozzarella, ends trimmed and remainder cut into 4 (1/2-inch-thick) slices
- Make tomato sauce:
- Heat oil in a heavy medium saucepan over medium heat until it shimmers, then cook onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend tomatoes with juice in a blender until almost smooth. Add to onion mixture in saucepan with water, sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt and simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Stir in basil and keep warm, covered.
- Bake eggplant:
- Preheat oven to 450°F with rack in lowest position.
- Cut 12 (1/3-inch-thick) rounds from widest portion of eggplants. Brush both sides with 2 tablespoons oil and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt (total). Bake on an oiled baking sheet, turning once, until golden and tender, 20 to 30 minutes. Transfer to a plate and keep warm, covered. Leave oven on.
- Make egg patties and sauté arugula:
- Stir together bread crumbs, parmesan, parsley, half of garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper, then stir in eggs and water.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium heat until it shimmers. Drop 4 rounded 1/3 cups of egg mixture into skillet and cook, turning once, until patties are golden brown and puffed, about 5 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Add remaining tablespoon oil to skillet and cook remaining garlic with red-pepper flakes, stirring, until garlic is golden, about 30 seconds. Add arugula and basil and stir until just wilted, then stir in 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Assemble stacks:
- Arrange 4 egg patties about 3 inches apart on a baking sheet. Top each with 2 Tbsp tomato sauce, 1 slice mozzarella, 1 eggplant slice, 2 more tablespoons tomato sauce, another eggplant slice, arugula mixture, and remaining eggplant. Bake until cheese melts, 5 to 10 minutes. Drizzle with additional oil and serve remaining sauce on the side.
Top Asked Questions
What are the parts of a sandwich?Bread, meat, cheese, salad vegetables, sauce or savoury spread. Cookbook: Sandwich. Media: Sandwich. A sandwich is a food typically consisting of vegetables, sliced cheese or meat, placed on or between slices of bread, or more generally any dish wherein bread serves as a container or wrapper for another food type.
Why is it called a sandwich?The sandwich is named after its supposed inventor, John Montagu, 4th Earl of Sandwich. The Wall Street Journal has described it as Britain's "biggest contribution to gastronomy".
What is a sandwich called in Australia?Likewise, the word sanger is used for sandwich in Australian slang. The colloquial Scottish word piece may refer either to a sandwich or to a light meal, especially one that includes a sandwich. For example, the phrase jeely piece refers to a jam sandwich.
How do you cook a sandwich without it falling apart?Flip one bread slice over the other to close it as a sandwich and let it cook for 10-20 seconds more before flipping one last time. Turn the burner off and let it finish in the pan for a few more seconds. Boom—ready to eat! Try both variations I made below, or make it your own with even more ingredient combos:
Egg whites vary in size, and the quantity of whites used in a meringue affects its texture. When making these cookies, it's best to use a liquid measuring...
Provided by Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez
Provided by Chuck Williams
Provided by Frank Randazzo
These low-carb, gluten-free hamburger buns are made with ground almonds, coconut flour, and flax seed.
Provided by myketorecipes
Provided by Daniel Humm
A delicious combination of red pepper sauce, fresh basil, almonds, broccoli florets, and pasta.
Provided by jessica
A brilliant recipe for making with children, making classic custard creams in your favourite shapes.
Provided by simonbeal
My daughter-in-law (and Test Kitchen gal), Krissi, is a rice pudding aficionado and she gives this recipe two enthusiastic thumbs-up. If you've never made...
Provided by maureen gorman
Provided by Lora Zarubin
Provided by á-32809
Serve up a cheesy dinnertime classic with the Turkey and Broccoli Casserole Recipe. Condensed cheddar cheese soup makes this Turkey and Broccoli Casserole...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by My Food and Family
Chocolate and peanut butter are at it again, this time in a refrigerator pie that delivers all the creamy goodness you can pour into a cookie crust.
Provided by My Food and Family
People also searched
More about "inside out sandwiches food"
INSIDE OUT BACON GRILLED CHEESE RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
4.2/5 (5)Steps 3Difficulty EasyTotal Time 25 mins
- Put the bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook, stirring, until golden brown and crispy, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Reserve the bacon fat.
- Add the bacon fat to a griddle over medium heat. Place the bread on the griddle and lightly toast one side. Remove from the griddle and arrange toasted-side down on a work surface. Divide 2 cups of the cheese and all of the bacon, tomatoes and chives over 4 slices of bread. Top with the other 4 slices of bread, toasted-side up, to make 4 sandwiches.
- Divide 1/2 cup of the remaining cheese into 4 piles on the griddle and place a sandwich over each pile, pressing down. Griddle for a few minutes until the cheese is browning and melted. Divide the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese into 4 piles on the griddle?one next to each sandwich. Then flip each sandwich onto a pile of cheese and cook for a couple of minutes until the center of each is melted.
SANDWICH - WIKIPEDIA
Main ingredients Bread, meat, cheese, …
INSIDE OUT SANDWICHES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (2)Total Time 15 minsCategory Lunch/SnacksCalories 167 per serving
AMERICAN FOOD BUCKET LIST: 60 FOODS IN THE USA TO EAT
- Apple Pie. And what better way to start this food bucket list than the all-time American dessert: apple pie! It is as delightful as it sounds, with a butter crust that maintains its form nicely and some wonderful sweet flavors, fall spices, and a butter crust that holds its shape well.
- Avocado Toast. Are you looking for something new for breakfast? Why not try some avocado toast! It’s high in fiber and healthful unsaturated fats, plus it’s a quick and easy breakfast or snack to make.
- Bagel & Lox. A bagel and lox is a famous New Yorker sandwich consisting of freshly baked bagel split in half, then stuffed with cream cheese and cured salmon (also known as lox).
- Baked Beans. Another classic dish that is enjoyed not just in America but worldwide (I eat them for breakfast every time I am in Europe!). Baked beans are the perfect pair for barbeques but can also be paired with other meals such as potatoes, hot dogs, grilled cheese, and more!
- Banana Bread. Bananas are not just a tasteful treat by themselves. They also add a sweet flavor to different dishes, including bread, not to mention the nutrients it gives like protein and fiber.
- Banana Split. Do you know why bananas are such good ballet dancers? It’s because they can do a good split ☺ Kidding aside, banana splits are a sweet and refreshing dessert to enjoy, especially on a hot day.
- Barbecue Ribs. This popular USA food is coming in hot from the grill! If you are looking for some barbecue-style goodness, you can never go wrong with barbecue ribs.
- Biscuits & Gravy. Biscuits and gravy are two foods that you might not imagine go together in a dish, but you are in for a surprise! It is a popular breakfast meal in America, especially in the South.
- BLT. BLT is a famous sandwich characterized by its three main ingredients: bacon, lettuce, and tomato (hence the acronym BLT). What’s also great about this is that you can easily add your personal touch to it, like adding mayonnaise or avocado or even swapping bacon with some turkey bacon!
- Bread Pudding. With bread pudding, throwing out stale bread is a thing of the past. This delicious treat is a mixture of milk, eggs, and sugar, where the bread is soaked and mixed in before being baked.
LUKE'S INSIDE OUT - HOME | FACEBOOK
4.9/5 (77)Location 1109 S Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX, 78704, TexasFollowers 3.1KPhone (512) 589-8883
INSIDE-OUT KIMCHI GRILLED CHEESE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
4.4/5 (16)Servings 2
LUKE’S INSIDE OUT - 265 PHOTOS & 352 REVIEWS - …
4.5/5 (352)Location 1109 S Lamar Blvd Austin, TX 78704Cuisine SandwichesPhone (512) 589-8883
INSIDE OUT GRILLED CHEESE RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
5/5 (2)Author Herm's InnServings 1Difficulty Easy
HAM AND CHEESE SANDWICHES | FOOD & WINE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
FIVE GUYS BURGERS & FRIES (12101 72 AVE, SURREY, BC V3W ...
Brand Five Guys Burgers & Fries (72Nd Ave.)Location 12101 72 Ave, Surrey, V3W 2M1, BC
THIS ONE-PAN BREAD OMELET FLIPS THE BREAKFAST SANDWICH ...
Author Guillermo RiverosEstimated Reading Time 5 mins
HOW HIP-HOP BECAME MCDONALD’S SPECIAL SAUCE AND OTHER ...
THE INSIDE OUT GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH | DUDEFOODS.COM
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
BURNT OUT HOSPITAL WORKERS OPEN CHICKEN SANDWICH ...
Author Amy Carlberg
INSIDE-OUT GRILLED HAM-AND-CHEESE SANDWICHES - FOOD & …
5/5 Category Ham SandwichesServings 4
THE BEST FINGER FOOD RECIPES TO SERVE ALL YEAR LONG ...
Author Jenna Sims
THE 11 BEST BREADS FOR GRILLED CHEESE
REAL GOOD FOOD, REALLY FAST | FLIPPED-OUT FOOD
INSIDE OUT ICE CREAM SANDWICHES NUTRITION FACTS - EAT THIS ...
MENU – LUKE'S INSIDE OUT
INSIDE OUT CUCUMBER SANDWICHES - SUPER HEALTHY KIDS
OVERINDULGED DURING CHRISTMAS WEEKEND? HERE ARE ...
INSIDE OUT SANDWICHES & HOMEMADE “PANERA BREAD” …
8 TORONTO FOOD SUBSCRIPTIONS THAT SEND TASTY TREATS RIGHT ...
INSIDE-OUT GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH - ULTIMATE CHEESE ...
LIVING ALONE? CHECK OUT THE BEST APPLIANCES TO MAKE FOOD ...
THE 5 BEST RESTAURANTS IN VANCOUVER FOR JAPANESE FOOD ...
LUKE’S INSIDE OUT - 261 PHOTOS & 349 REVIEWS - SANDWICHES ...
LOVE BUTTER CHICKEN? START YOUR DAY WITH A ... - FOOD.NDTV.COM
40 HOT & HEARTY SANDWICHES TO SATISFY YOUR CRAVINGS
THE OUTSIDE INSIDE CONNECTION
FOOD NETWORK - HOW TO MAKE TRISHA'S INSIDE OUT BACON ...
THIS INSIDE-OUT GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH IS THE MOST ...
FOOD WISHES RECIPES - NEXT UP: INSIDE-OUT GRILLED CHEESE ...
BACKWARDS SANDWICHES OR INSIDE OUT SANDWICHES FEATURE A ...
LOVE PANEER? TRY THESE 5 PANEER SANDWICH ... - FOOD.NDTV.COM
FIRST LOOK: INSIDE MATT HORN'S HIGHLY-ANTICIPATED OAKLAND ...
50 RECIPES TO UP YOUR SANDWICH GAME
LUKE'S INSIDE OUT
FOOD WISHES VIDEO RECIPES: INSIDE-OUT GRILLED CHEESE ...