ITALIAN STYLE SAUSAGE
I like to add Italian sausage as a topping on my homemade pizza. Came up with this blend after much experimentation. I fry it all and freeze in portions for use as pizza topping. It's ground pork with all fixings to make a simple sausage you can prepare at home.
Provided by Lee Fogle
Number Of Ingredients 10
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon Italian-style seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¾ teaspoon crushed anise seeds
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 pounds ground pork
- In a small bowl, combine the ground black pepper, parsley, Italian-style seasoning, garlic powder, crushed red pepper flakes, anise, paprika, minced onion flakes and salt; mix well.
- Place pork in a separate large bowl and add the spice mix to it. Mix this thoroughly with your hands.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute the seasoned pork for 10 minutes, or until well browned and crumbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 314.5 calories, Carbohydrate 0.9 g, Cholesterol 98.1 mg, Fat 21.8 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 27 g, SaturatedFat 8.1 g, Sodium 852.1 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
Provided by Alton Brown
Yield 2 pounds or 10 to 12 (4-inch) sausage links
Number Of Ingredients 7
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fennel seed
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
- 2 pounds pork butt (2 1/2 pounds with bone), diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 5 feet of 36 millimeter collagen casings (do not allow to get wet at any time)
- Shortening, to lubricate nozzle of stuffer
- Toast fennel seed in medium sized, heavy saute pan over medium heat, constantly moving seeds around in pan until they start to turn light brown, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool. Once cool, grind seeds and combine with salt, pepper, and chopped parsley in medium mixing bowl. Add pork and blend thoroughly. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Using the fine blade of a grinder, grind the pork. After lubricating stuffer or stuffing attachment with shortening, load casing onto attachment, clipping end with a clothespin. Stuff meat into casings, trying to avoid air pockets. After stuffing is finished lay out on counter and tie off end. Pinch and twist to form 4-inch sausages. Wrap in parchment paper and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours. Store in refrigerator for use within 2 to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months. If freezing, wrap in aluminum foil. If using immediately, saute over medium heat in a heavy saute pan with 1/4-inch of water. Bring water to boil, put on lid and cook for 10 minutes. Remove lid and continue cooking over medium heat, turning every 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown. Sausage should reach an internal temperature of 150 to 156 degrees F.
JOLEAN'S ITALIAN SAUSAGE CASSEROLE
My Mom used to make this for us, after she was just a little too old to stand in the kitchen for too long...It was one of her favorites that was easy to make, yet tasted like good old-fashioned comfort food...Sure do miss my Mom!!!
Provided by Stacky5
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- 2 cups macaroni, cooked and drained, and tossed with
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb sage sausage, browned, broken into chunks and drained of grease (Weber brand was my Mom's favorite, but I prefer Jimmy Dean's)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (Classico was the only brand Mom would use for this.)
- 1 (6 ounce) jar sliced button mushrooms, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup romano cheese, grated (Kraft)
- In a 2 quart, ungreased casserole dish, layer twice: 1/2 cooked macaroni, 1/2 cooked sausage, then 1/2 sauce, 1/2 mushrooms, 1/2 shredded cheese. Do the same layering again.
- Sprinkle Romano cheese on top.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes, until cheese is slightly browned and casserole is bubbly.
Top Asked Questions
What is Italian sausage casserole?Loaded with gobs of cheese, this Italian sausage penne casserole is so good with the flavor of the hot Italian sausage, mixed with the spices, tomatoes and pasta. A great comfort food the whole family will enjoy.
How to cook Italian sausage sandwiches?Full of traditional Italian flavor, these sandwiches are a snap to make. Place sausages and water in a large skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Uncover; cook 5-10 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove sausages and keep warm.
What do you eat Italian sausage with?Toss it in a soup, mix it into pasta, pop it on a pizza, or throw it on a bun—sweet or spicy, Italian sausage goes with whatever you're craving for dinner. This comforting dish is a little sweet, a little salty, a little cheesy, and a little wine-y!
What can I do with leftover Italian sausage?Wrap sausage, cheese, and veggies in pizza dough for a very Italian meal. Give basic spaghetti a simple facelift with slices of hearty Italian sausage and fresh basil. Make up a bunch of this savory sausage-veggie mix, then use it in pastas, soups, and more!
Egg whites vary in size, and the quantity of whites used in a meringue affects its texture. When making these cookies, it's best to use a liquid measuring...
Provided by Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez
Provided by Chuck Williams
Provided by Frank Randazzo
These low-carb, gluten-free hamburger buns are made with ground almonds, coconut flour, and flax seed.
Provided by myketorecipes
Provided by Daniel Humm
A delicious combination of red pepper sauce, fresh basil, almonds, broccoli florets, and pasta.
Provided by jessica
A brilliant recipe for making with children, making classic custard creams in your favourite shapes.
Provided by simonbeal
My daughter-in-law (and Test Kitchen gal), Krissi, is a rice pudding aficionado and she gives this recipe two enthusiastic thumbs-up. If you've never made...
Provided by maureen gorman
Provided by Lora Zarubin
Provided by á-32809
Serve up a cheesy dinnertime classic with the Turkey and Broccoli Casserole Recipe. Condensed cheddar cheese soup makes this Turkey and Broccoli Casserole...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by My Food and Family
Chocolate and peanut butter are at it again, this time in a refrigerator pie that delivers all the creamy goodness you can pour into a cookie crust.
Provided by My Food and Family
People also searched
More about "italiansausagesandwichcasserole food"
CHICKEN AND ITALIAN SAUSAGE CASSEROLE - MAGIC SKILLET
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 35 minsCategory ChickenCalories 1410 per serving
- In a large frying pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Season well chicken pieces and add to frying pan. Fry seasoned chicken pieces until browned (about 15 minutes).
- Remove cooked chicken from the heat and place in a casserole dish. Add sausages and Italian sausage to frying pan and cook until golden brown(about 5 minutes).
- Remove cooked sausages from the heat and add to casserole dish. Using the same frying pan, fry onion, red and yellow bell peppers and garlic for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with paprika and salt and mix well.
ITALIAN SAUSAGE SANDWICH RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (14)Total Time 30 minsCategory Lunch/SnacksCalories 563 per serving
CHEESE POTATO & ITALIAN SAUSAGE CASSEROLE - RECIPES JUST 4U
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 45 minsCategory CasserolesCalories 464 per serving
QUICK ITALIAN SAUSAGE SANDWICHES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
4.4/5 (10)Category LunchCuisine Europe, ItalianTotal Time 30 mins
ITALIAN SAUSAGE DUMP CASSEROLE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (22)Category One Dish MealAuthor TastetesterCalories 1024 per serving
SAUSAGE CASSEROLE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Ratings 1.3KCalories 356 per servingCategory Breakfast And Brunch, Potatoes
EASY BAKED ITALIAN SAUSAGES RECIPE – MELANIE COOKS
Cuisine ItalianCategory Main Dish
ITALIAN SAUSAGE CASSEROLE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
5/5 (2)Category Breakfast, BrunchCuisine Europe, ItalianTotal Time 1 hr 15 mins
SAUSAGE, PEPPER, AND ONION SANDWICHES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
5/5 (51)Total Time 6 hrs 30 minsCategory World Cuisine, European, ItalianCalories 479 per serving
ITALIAN SAUSAGE RICE CASSEROLE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
4/5 (2)Category DinnerServings 2Total Time 40 mins
ITALIAN SUBS - RESTAURANT STYLE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
5/5 (145)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory World Cuisine, European, ItalianCalories 708 per serving
37 ZESTY RECIPES WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE | SOUPS, CASSEROLES ...
Author Colleen Duvall
BEST ITALIAN SAUSAGE SANDWICHES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
5/5 (4)Category LunchCuisine Europe, ItalianTotal Time 4 hrs 10 mins
CLASSIC ITALIAN SUB SANDWICH RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
10 ITALIAN SAUSAGE RECIPES | REAL SIMPLE
SAUSAGE CASSEROLE RECIPES - COOKSRECIPES.COM
12 ITALIAN SANDWICHES TO SPICE UP YOUR LUNCH
10 BEST HOT ITALIAN SAUSAGE CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
ITALIAN SAUCE RECIPES - GREAT ITALIAN CHEFS
ITALIAN SAUSAGE SANDWICH CASSEROLE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (4)Total Time 50 minsCategory One Dish MealCalories 793 per serving
THE BOMB ITALIAN SAUSAGE SANDWICH - SAVOR WITH JENNIFER
5/5 (8)Total Time 45 minsCategory Main Course, SandwichCalories 861 per serving
HOMEMADE MILD ITALIAN SAUSAGE RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
5/5 (4)Author Emeril Lagasse for Food Network MagazineCuisine EuropeanCategory Side-Dish
ITALIAN SAUSAGE & VEGETABLE RICE CASSEROLE RECIPE - AN ...
4.5/5 (13)Calories 431 per servingCategory Main Dish
ITALIAN SAUSAGE PENNE CASSEROLE - GREAT GRUB, DELICIOUS TREATS
4.4/5 (100)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory Comfort Food, Dinner, Main Meal
30+ ITALIAN SAUSAGE RECIPES TO MAKE ASAP | MYRECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
ITALIAN CASSEROLE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
2.3/5 (3)Total Time 3 hrs 40 minsCategory World Cuisine, European, ItalianCalories 740 per serving
ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND PASTA CASSEROLE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (1)Total Time 35 minsCategory < 60 MinsCalories 380 per serving
SAUSAGE PASTA CASSEROLE RECIPE | NANCY FULLER | FOOD NETWORK
5/5 (7)Author Nancy FullerServings 6Category Main-Dish
10 BEST SAUSAGE DINNER CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
VIRGO STAINLESS STEEL AND 6-LAYER SANDWICH BASE COVERED ...
BEST ITALIAN SAUSAGE RECIPES | RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
10 BEST SAUSAGE SANDWICH MAYONNAISE RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST GROUND ITALIAN SAUSAGE SANDWICH RECIPES | YUMMLY
SAUSAGE CASSEROLE RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
OVERNIGHT SAUSAGE HASHBROWN BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - ALL ...
ITALIAN SAUSAGE SANDWICH STOCK PHOTOS AND IMAGES - 123RF
EASY CASSEROLE RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
10 BEST ITALIAN SAUSAGE CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST GROUND ITALIAN SAUSAGE CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
ITALIAN SAUSAGE STUFFING CASSEROLE RECIPE - CHRISTMAS.FOOD.COM
THE 16 MOST ICONIC FOODS TO EAT IN ITALY - WALKS OF ITALY
10 BEST SANDWICH CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY