MERINGUE KISSES I
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In medium bowl, with electric mixer on medium speed, beat egg whites until frothy; add cream of tartar and salt. Beat on high speed until stiff.
- Beat in sugar 1 tablespoon at a time. Add vanilla and fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop batter by heaping teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet. Place in oven. Turn oven off; leave cookies in oven 5 hours. Variation: Add food coloring for festive holiday touch: green for Christmas; pink and yellow for Easter, etc.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 80.9 calories, Carbohydrate 14.4 g, Fat 2.8 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 10.3 mg, Sugar 13.5 g
These colourful mini meringues are a great little sweet party nibble. You can also pop them on top of a summer bake or dessert to stunning effect
Provided by Cassie Best
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert, Treat
Yield makes 30
Number Of Ingredients 5
- 75g icing sugar
- 75g white caster sugar
- 2 tsp strawberry jam
- red food colouring gel
- 3 medium egg whites , at room temperature
- Line two large baking sheets with baking parchment. In a small bowl, mix both sugars together. In another small bowl, mix the jam with enough food colouring to create a vibrant red colour.
- In a clean, grease-free bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks, using electric beaters or a tabletop mixer. Add about a third of the sugar, whipping for 1 min or so, until stiff and glossy. Gradually add the remaining sugar until you have a glossy meringue that holds stiff peaks.
- Heat oven to 120C/100C fan/ gas 1/2. Turn your pastry bag inside out and, using a spoon, paint three lines of coloured jam from the top to almost the end of the bag. Fill with the meringue mix and twist the end to close.
- Holding the bag vertically over the tray, apply enough pressure to create a base, then quickly draw the bag upwards to create little points. The jam will give the meringues a stripy pattern as they pass through the bag.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hr or until the meringues sound hollow when you lift one and tap the base - they should have a crunchy shell and not be too chewy. Leave to cool in the oven with the door closed, then store in a plastic food bag or airtight container until ready to use.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 23 calories, Carbohydrate 5 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 5 grams sugar
There's a nice chocolaty surprise inside these sweet kisses. They're my husband's top choice each Christmas.-Tami Henke, Lockport, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 44 cookies.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Red and green food coloring, optional
- 44 milk chocolate kisses
- Baking cocoa, optional
- Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Beat egg whites until foamy. Sprinkle with cream of tartar and salt; beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar and vanilla, beating until stiff peaks form, about 5-8 minutes. If desired, divide batter in half and fold in red and green food coloring. , Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 1-1/2-in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie and cover it with meringue, using a knife. , Bake at 275° for 30-35 minutes or until firm to the touch. Immediately remove to a wire rack to cool. If desired, sprinkle with cocoa. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 86 calories, Fat 3g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 2mg cholesterol, Sodium 22mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
Top Asked Questions
How to make meringue kisses with egg whites?The sugar needs to be dissolved into the egg whites to create the best Meringue Kisses. You can test when the sugar is dissolved by rubbing a small amount between your finger and thumb. If you can still feel grains of sugar you need to keep mixing.
How to bake meringues?In a large bowl, combine the egg whites, cream of tartar, and a dash of salt. Beat until peaks form, then gradually add the sugar, continuing to beat until the mixture is stiff and glossy. Pipe meringues onto the sheet, using a pastry bag and star tip; or drop meringues by large teaspoonfuls onto the sheet. Bake the meringues for 1 1/2 hours.
How many calories are in a lemon meringue Kiss?Light as air, melt in your mouth lemon meringue kisses. Naturally gluten free and only 5 calories a piece! Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. In a medium sized bowl or in your stand mixer, add the egg whites, cream of tartar and salt.
How do you store meringue kisses?Turn oven off and leave meringues in oven 1 hour more. With a metal spatula transfer meringues to a rack to cool completely. Meringue kisses may be kept in an airtight container at room temperature 5 days. How would you rate Meringue Kisses?
Provided by preachergirl
I saw this trick on "The Secret Life of Cake" on the Food Network. Haven't tried it yet, but I will next time I feel like cheating :lol:
Provided by puppitypup
Make and share this Sausage-And- Zucchini Skillet Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
Provided by SarahBeth
When zucchini season rolls around, you know you'll be looking for a recipe like this: quick and delicious Zucchini Lasagna, ready in an hour.
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by Mommy Diva
Make and share this Scalloped New Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
Our tasters went nuts for these muffins - they're moist, fragrant, and put big old bakery muffins to shame. The orange zest in the glaze kicks up the orange...
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Make and share this Vegetable Spaghetti With Squash Noodles recipe from Food.com.
Provided by 49flavours
"This is a very simple cream filling. It can be frozen, and will not weep! I usually double the recipe for 1 batch of lady locks (approximately 120 cookies.)...
Provided by @MakeItYours
Make and share this Crock Pot Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
Provided by casha
Slices of potato folded with herbs, butter, and sour cream and then baked to a golden brown. Not your "every day" fare! Irresistibly rich and delicious,...
Provided by Happy Harry 2
When is a Bakewell Tart not a Bakewell Tart is a question often asked? When it is a Bakewell Pudding. I can say that even in Bakewell, the town of origin...
Provided by @MakeItYours
Make and share this Easy French Onion Dip recipe from Food.com.
Provided by vannesakelly
I heard this cookie recipe over the radio about 1950-shortly after my husband and I married. The big spicy treats are so nice and chewy, they remain my...
Provided by @MakeItYours
How to make Giant Spice Cookies Recipe
Provided by @MakeItYours
Provided by Food Network
Chewy fruit cookies are warmed in the microwave and topped with ice cream, chocolate topping and walnuts for a unique sundae.
Provided by My Food and Family
Slightly spiced and super moist applesauce cake goes perfectly with a soft and luscious cream cheese and caramel frosting. This is the stuff fall dreams...
Provided by @MakeItYours
Macaroni is a great addition to this family favorite. Cooking the macaroni with the ground beef and seasonings makes cleanup a snap.
Provided by @MakeItYours
People also searched
More about "meringue kisses food"
MERINGUE KISSES & ICICLES RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Servings 25Total Time 2 hrs 20 minsCategory DessertCalories 45 per serving
- Heat oven to 120C/100C fan/gas ½. Line two-three baking sheets with parchment. Beat the egg whites until they are foamy and doubled in size. Add the sugar, 1 tbsp at a time, while you continue to whisk. The meringue will become thick and glossy and should hold up in stiff peaks on the beaters when it is ready.
- For the meringue kisses, fit a disposable piping bag with a 1cm round or star nozzle. Hold it vertically to the baking sheet and gently squeeze, pulling the bag up and away to make a peak. If you are making frosty icicles, make some meringue dots as well.
- For colour-striped meringues, fit a disposable piping bag with a round nozzle, paint red food colouring paste in stripes onto the inside of the bag, then fill with meringue and pipe as before. Bake for 1 hr. Once cool, you can drizzle some of the meringues with melted chocolate and sprinkle with edible glitter or lustre powder, if you like.
- For the icicles and snowflakes, scoop the meringue into a disposable piping bag and snip off a tiny opening. Pipe spiky icicle shapes onto the trays, making them thicker one end and thin at the other. Pipe crossed lines to make snowflakes.
MERINGUE KISSES | BAKERELLA
Reviews 83Total Time 1 hr 5 minsEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, pour in sugar and bake for about 5 minutes at 400 degrees F until the edges just begin to melt.
- Meanwhile, pour egg whites into the bowl of your stand mixer (make sure it’s clean) fitted with the whisk attachment. Whisk on low allowing bubbles to form, increase to high and continue whisking until stiff peaks form and you can turn the bowl upside down without the egg whites falling out.
- Remove the sugar from the oven and begin whisking again at high speed. Add one big spoonful at a time, ensuring that the whties come back to stiff peaks after each addition.
- Once all the sugar is added, continue to whisk for 5 - 7 minutes. You should be able to rub the mixture between your fingers and not feel any grit from the sugar. You know it’s ready to use when it forms a smooth shiny peak on the tip of your finger.
MERINGUE COOKIES ("FORGOTTEN KISSES") RECIPE | FOOD …
5/5 (11)Category DessertAuthor Recipe from Emeril LagasseDifficulty Easy
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat egg whites until foamy. Add the cream of tartar and beat until fluffy but not at all dry. (Be careful not to over beat.) Add the sugar gradually, about 3 tablespoons at a time. When 1/2 of the sugar has been added, add the vanilla extract. Continue beating and adding remaining sugar in batches, until all of the sugar is dissolved and the meringue is very shiny and tight. Gently fold in the chocolate chips and chopped nuts. Working one teaspoon at a time, push a teaspoonful of meringue from the tip of 1 teaspoon with the back of another teaspoon onto the lined baking sheets, leaving 1-inch of space between cookies. Place baking sheets in the preheated oven and turn the oven off. Leave the cookies (undisturbed) in the oven for at least 2 hours and up to overnight, or until cookies are crisp and dry.
MERINGUE KISSES RECIPE - TESCO REAL FOOD
5/5 (32)Total Time 1 hrCategory DessertCalories 22 per serving
MERINGUE - WIKIPEDIA
Associated national cuisine Swiss, French, Polish, …Place of origin Meiringen, SwitzerlandMain ingredients Egg whites, sugarAlternative names Meringa (in Italy), Beza (in Poland), Suspiros (in Brazil), Puslice (in Croatia)
SNOW-CAPPED CHOCOLATE MERINGUE KISSES
Cuisine AmericanCategory Christmas, DessertServings 40Total Time 2 hrs
BULK BARN - MERINGUE KISSES
MERINGUE KISSES | THE CAKE BLOG
Reviews 5Category DessertCuisine CookieEstimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Place bowl over a pan of simmering water to create a double-boiler. Whisking constantly, heat the egg mixture until it registers 160 degrees on a candy thermometer. Carefully transfer the bowl onto the stand mixer.
- Using the whisk attachment, beat the egg white mixture on high speed for 8 to 10 minutes until the bowl is no longer warm to the touch and the meringue is fluffy, glossy and holds a stiff peak.
MERINGUE KISSES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (6)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory CandyCalories 11 per serving
MERINGUE KISSES – CURLY'S COOKING
4.7/5 (19)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory DessertCalories 144 per serving
- Make sure you have a very clean bowl before cracking in the egg whites. You must not get any of the yolk in the bowl
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff at a medium speed - you will be able to hold the bowl over your head when they are stiff enough
MERINGUE KISSES - ANG SARAP
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
MERINGUE COOKIES - PREPPY KITCHEN
Ratings 146Calories 18 per servingCategory Dessert
- Set oven to 200F. Separate the egg whites one at a time into a small bowl then transfer each white to the bowl of your stand mixer. You really don’t want to get any broken yolks in your bowl so separating them individually contains the damage if anything happens.
- Add the cream or tartar and salt to the bowl then begin mixing on low and gradually increase the speed to high.
- Once the egg whites have frothed up you can begin SLOWLY sprinkling in the sugar. This step makes a big difference in your final meringues so remember to take your time and add the sugar in gradually. You can do is a teaspoon at a time or just sprinkle it in slow as slow can be. After the sugar has been added it’s time to beat in some vanilla.
- Your meringue is done once it has a Thick marshmallowy texture and can hold a nice peak. I would caution agains letting it sit for too long as it will pose consistency and not pipe as nicely if left to it’s own devices for too long. If you are coloring the meringue I suggest you add a SMALL, tiny amount of coloring in with a toothpick or skewer then beat in with the the whisk attachment to distribute the color. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a large star attachment or with the tip snipped off.
MERINGUE KISSES FROM SCRATCH - SERVED FROM SCRATCH
5/5 (5)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory Dessert
- Separate egg whites from yolks about an hour before making meringues. Leave whites in bowl at room temperature so that they beat up to a good volume.
- Beat egg whites with a blender until stiff enough to stand in moist (not dry) peaks. Slowly beat in sugar just a tablespoon at a time then fold in vanilla. Continue to beat mixture until it is still and glossy, not grainy. Fold in coconut.
- In a small bowl, squirt a little bit of food coloring of choice and with a small pastry brush, 'paint' colored stripes along pastry bag. Pipe small rounds onto cookie sheets 2 inches apart. Bake 30-35 minutes. Peaks will brown slightly.
8 STEPS TO PERFECT & COLOURFUL MERINGUES
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Make sure your bowl is exceedingly clean. Any volume of grease will affect the volume of the egg whites. How to make sure of this? Use a lemon and a piece of kitchen roll to wipe down the inside of a bowl.
- Heat the sugar in an oven. The sugar needs to reach a temperature of 200’C until it’s hot to touch. This should take around 7 minutes. It’s right in the middle of the French and Italian method but the Meringue Girls recommend it because it’s super easy.
- Whisk yo’ whites. When separating egg whites and egg yolk, keep them well away from each other. Yolk in the egg whites is a code red. To whisk, start nice and slow so stabilising bubbles can form.
- Add the sugar, sugar! One teaspoon at a time, add the sugar to the stiff egg whites. If you add it too quickly or all at once it will deflate the mixture and none wants a sad meringue now do they?
- Colour them pretty. The Meringue Girls add food colouring to the inside of their piping bags. Turn the bags inside out to paint! This is how they achieve those wonderful stripes of colour.
- Flavour them. You can get mega creative with the flavours and introduce anything you like! In the video below The Meringue girls use watermelon, beetroot & chocolate and gin & tonic essence!
- Pipe them onto a tray. Spoon your mix into a piping bag. What kind of meringue do you want? For meringue kisses you need to cut a 50p sized opening at the tip of the bag.
- 1, 2, 3… BAKE! Bake your meringues low and slow for 35- 40 minutes. You can tell when they’re done because they’ll easily be able to be picked off the baking paper.
MERINGUE KISSES FROM ENTERTAINING | MARTHA STEWART
3.1/5 (49)Servings 50
- Beat the egg whites until foamy. Add the salt, cream of tartar, and vanilla and continue beating. Add the sugar 1 teaspoon at a time, beating about 30 seconds between additions. When all the sugar has been added, beat an additional 6 minutes. Egg whites should be very stiff, glossy, and extremely smooth, but not dry.
- Spoon the mixture into a large pastry bag fitted with a 1/2-inch star tip and pipe out "kisses," leaving 1-inch spaces. Reduce oven temperature to 200 degrees and bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until the meringues are dry to the touch and can be lifted from the foil. Cool completely before storing in a cool dry place.
CHOCOLATE CHIP MERINGUE KISSES RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
4/5 (227)Calories 66 per servingTotal Time 2 hrs 5 mins
- With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar on medium until foamy. Increase speed to high and gradually add the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time; continue to beat until stiff and glossy, 2 to 3 minutes. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop mounds of the meringue mixture (each equal to 2 tablespoons) onto parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing them 1 inch apart. Bake until firm and dry, 75 to 90 minutes. Cool completely on the baking sheets.
MERINGUE KISSES RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE MERINGUE COOKIES ...
5/5 (31)Servings 70Cuisine World
- Beat egg whites until foamy, start by beating on low then increase to high speed, when the mixture is foamy, add the sugar very slowly one teaspoon at a time while continuing to beat.Once all the sugar has been added, continue whisking on high speed and whisk until the meringue is glossy and very stiff.Stir in vanilla extract or other flavouring (see recipe notes).
SURPRISE MERINGUE KISSES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
4.4/5 (17)Category Desserts, Cookies, Drop Cookie RecipesServings 44Calories 87 per serving
- In small bowl, beat egg whites, vanilla, cream of tartar, peppermint extract (if using) and salt till soft peaks form.
- Very gradually add sugar; bet till very stiff peaks form. Drop by tablespoon 1 1/2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheet.
MERINGUE KISSES RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
4.7/5 (36)Total Time 50 minsCategory DessertCalories 7 per serving
- In a medium bowl beat egg whites until stiff, start by beating on low then increase to high speed, when the mixture is stiff add the sugar very slowly one teaspoon at a time while continuing to beat, make sure that the mixture is stiff after each addition of sugar.
- Once all the sugar has been added, continue to whisk on high speed until you have a smooth, stiff and glossy mixture. Continue to whisk for at least 5-10 minutes after the sugar has been incorporated.
- Place mixture in a pastry bag with desired tip and pipe out your kisses onto the prepared cookie sheet. If you wish you can colour your drops by adding food colouring gel strips inside your pastry bag before filling.
LIME MERINGUE KISSES COOKIE RECIPE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (8)Total Time 1 hrCategory Drop CookiesCalories 23 per serving
- Beat egg whites with salt until soft peaks form. Add sugar very slowly, beating well between additions, until egg whites are stiff but not dry.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto the baking sheets or pipe small kisses with a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2-inch star tip.
MERINGUE KISSES | KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.9/5 (8)Total Time 5 hrsServings 36Calories 15 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 200°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper., In a large bowl, combine the egg whites, cream of tartar, and a dash of salt.
- Beat until peaks form, then gradually add the sugar, continuing to beat until the mixture is stiff and glossy., Pipe meringues onto the sheet, using a pastry bag and star tip; or drop meringues by large teaspoonfuls onto the sheet., Bake the meringues for 1 1/2 hours.
- Turn the oven off, remove the meringues, and dust with the glitter; they'll still be slightly tacky, so the glitter should adhere., Return the meringues to the turned-off oven, shut the door, and leave them there until they're completely cool, 3 hours or more.
MERINGUE KISSES FOR SNACKS AND DECORATION - JACKSON'S JOB
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 2 hrs 45 minsCategory Dessert, SnackCalories 7 per serving
MERINGUE KISSES RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
3.5/4 (29)Servings 24Cuisine French
MERINGUE KISSES RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN | FOOD …
Servings 70Category DessertAuthor Food Network KitchenDifficulty Intermediate
TAMAL RAY’S RECIPE FOR SANDWICHED MERINGUE KISSES | FOOD ...
Author Tamal RayEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
MERINGUE KISSES - READER'S DIGEST CANADA
Category DessertsEstimated Reading Time 1 min
MERINGUE KISSES - HOME | FACEBOOK
HAZELNUT MERINGUE KISSES RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
3.5/5 (6)Servings 42
SCHUIMPJES (MERINGUE KISSES) – KINFOLK RECIPES
Category BakeryTotal Time 50 mins
HOMEMADE DOG TREAT RECIPE – BLUEBERRY MERINGUE KISSES
RECIPE - PEPPERMINT MERINGUE KISSES - LCBO
PEPPERMINT MERINGUE KISSES - TRUTHFUL FOOD
MERINGUE KISSES - EATERNALLY FRESH
MERINGUE KISSES RECIPE - RECIPEYUM
CHOCOLATE DIPPED PEPPERMINT MERINGUE KISS CHRISTMAS ...
MERINGUE KISSES RECIPE - CUISINART.COM
BUTTERCREAM ROBIN'S NEST | FOOD, MERINGUE KISSES, BUTTER CREAM
MERINGUE KISSES RECIPE FROM BOUTIQUE BAKING BY PEGGY ...
CRANBERRY MERINGUE KISSES RECIPE | WOOLWORTHS
HAZELNUT MERINGUE KISSES | CANADIAN LIVING
10 BEST FLAVORED MERINGUE KISSES RECIPES | YUMMLY
MERINGUE KISSES | RECIPE | MERINGUE KISSES, DESSERTS, FOOD
MERINGUE KISSES | CSR SUGAR
MERINGUE KISSES | CANADIAN LIVING
MERINGUE KISSES | ETSY