BLACK BEAN BURGERS
"Before I met my husband, I was a vegetarian. I don't make many meatless dishes on our cattle ranch, but I still love this one."
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- 2 cups canned seasoned black beans, drained
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 large egg
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Canola oil, for the pan
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Hot sauce
- 4 burger buns, toasted
- Lettuce and sliced tomatoes, for topping
- Mash the beans.
- Using a fork, mash the beans in a medium bowl until they are mushy but still have some whole bean pieces throughout.
- Make the burger mixture.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, grated onion, chili powder, egg and some salt and pepper into the beans. Add a splash of water if the mixture looks dry. Set aside for 5 minutes. Preheat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat and add a few tablespoons of canola oil.
- Form the patties.
- Divide the bean mixture into 4 equal balls and form into 4 nice, neat patties. Black bean burgers don't shrink when they cook, so whatever size you make them when they go into the skillet will be the size they are when they come out.
- Cook the burgers.
- Cook the burgers until browned, 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Add a slice of Swiss cheese to the top of each burger. Invert a second skillet on top of the first skillet and continue cooking, 2 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Top the burgers.
- Combine the mayonnaise and some hot sauce in a small bowl. Serve the burgers on toasted buns with the spicy mayonnaise, lettuce and sliced tomatoes.
BLACK BEAN BURGERS
Make semi-veganism work for you. Once a week, let bean burgers stand in for hamburgers, leave the meat out of your pasta sauce, make a risotto the likes of which you've probably never had - and you may just find yourself eating "better."
Provided by Mark Bittman
Categories easy, lunch, quick, burgers, main course
Yield 8 small burgers, 4 supersize
Number Of Ingredients 11
- 1/4 cup dried, stemless porcini mushrooms
- 2 cups cooked or drained canned black beans
- 1 teaspoon roughly chopped garlic
- 3/4 cup rolled oats, or more if needed
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika or chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Salt and black pepper
- Bean-cooking liquid, porcini soaking liquid or water
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Soak the mushrooms in hot water for 5 to 10 minutes; roughly chop.
- Put the mushrooms, beans, garlic, oats, spices and soy sauce in a food processor with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Let the machine run until the mixture is combined, not puréed, about 30 seconds. (Or use a potato masher.) Add oats to thicken, or liquid to thin, as needed.
- Stir in the cilantro, and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Shape into 4 large or 8 small patties; let them sit for 5 minutes.
- Put the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Cook until crisp on one side, about 5 minutes. Flip and cook until the burgers are crisp on the other side, another 5 minutes or so. Serve with the usual fixings.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 118, UnsaturatedFat 3 grams, Carbohydrate 16 grams, Fat 4 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 5 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 194 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams
SPICY BLACK BEAN BURGERS
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chile-garlic sauce (such as Sriracha®)
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 cup canned whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Whisk egg, cumin, chili powder, and chile-garlic sauce together in a bowl.
- Mash black beans in a separate bowl until they reach a paste-like consistency.
- Stir jalapeno pepper, corn, and garlic through the black bean paste.
- Mix the egg mixture into the black bean mixture.
- Scatter the bread crumbs over the black bean mixture; mix with your hands to evenly incorporate.
- Form the resulting mixture into 4 patties.
- Pour flour into the bottom of a shallow dish; coat the patties in the flour to help them hold shape.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the patties in hot oil until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 338.6 calories, Carbohydrate 50.4 g, Cholesterol 46.5 mg, Fat 10.6 g, Fiber 12.2 g, Protein 14.2 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 756.5 mg, Sugar 2.6 g
Top Asked Questions
How to make black bean burgers?How to make black bean burgers. First, add your black beans, garlic cloves, and onion to a food processor. Process until the garlic and onion are combined, and the mixture looks like refried beans. Once your beans are ready, transfer them to a large bowl. A rubber spatula is easiest to use when removing the beans from the food processor.
What do you serve with black bean patties?Here are some ideas how you could serve these black bean patties: in a burger bun with lettuce, tomato, cucumber and a delicious sauce (for example ketchup, vegan mayo, BBQ sauce, or sriracha mayonnaise) in a burger bun with vegan cheese, sautéed mushrooms, and caramelized onions
How to cook black beans in a food processor?First, add your black beans, garlic cloves, and onion to a food processor. Process until the garlic and onion are combined, and the mixture looks like refried beans. Once your beans are ready, transfer them to a large bowl. A rubber spatula is easiest to use when removing the beans from the food processor.
What is in a Jamaican bean burger?If you like spice, then this is the bean burger recipe for you. Including a whole habanero, these Jamaican burgers are bursting with heat. A classic stand-by, these black bean burgers pull flavor from ranch dressing mix, liquid smoke, and a melty layer of Gouda cheese.
Egg whites vary in size, and the quantity of whites used in a meringue affects its texture. When making these cookies, it's best to use a liquid measuring...
Provided by Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez
Provided by Chuck Williams
Provided by Frank Randazzo
These low-carb, gluten-free hamburger buns are made with ground almonds, coconut flour, and flax seed.
Provided by myketorecipes
Provided by Daniel Humm
A delicious combination of red pepper sauce, fresh basil, almonds, broccoli florets, and pasta.
Provided by jessica
A brilliant recipe for making with children, making classic custard creams in your favourite shapes.
Provided by simonbeal
My daughter-in-law (and Test Kitchen gal), Krissi, is a rice pudding aficionado and she gives this recipe two enthusiastic thumbs-up. If you've never made...
Provided by maureen gorman
Provided by Lora Zarubin
Provided by á-32809
Serve up a cheesy dinnertime classic with the Turkey and Broccoli Casserole Recipe. Condensed cheddar cheese soup makes this Turkey and Broccoli Casserole...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by My Food and Family
Chocolate and peanut butter are at it again, this time in a refrigerator pie that delivers all the creamy goodness you can pour into a cookie crust.
Provided by My Food and Family
People also searched
More about "perfectblackbeanandtvpburgers food"
EASY BLACK BEAN BURGER RECIPE: HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS
5/5 (2)Calories 164 per servingTotal Time 28 mins
- Place roughly 2/3 of the black beans into a food processor with the garlic, oats and cilantro. Process for about 25 seconds or until the mixture is pasty and sticks together, but is not completely smooth. Transfer the black bean mixture to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the black beans and the remaining ingredients except the oil. Mix with a spatula. Shape into 6 patties, each about 3/4-inch thick.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the oil and swirl to spread. Without crowding the pan, cook each patty for 4 to 5 minutes per side. If necessary, work in batches and add more oil between batches.
BLACK BEAN VEGGIE BURGER RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
Servings 2Total Time 40 minsCategory Lunch & Dinner RecipesCalories 652 per serving
- Peel the onion, finely slice into rounds and place in a small bowl with the balsamic and a pinch of sea salt.
BLACK BEAN BURGER WITH ROASTED SWEET POTATO FRIES RECIPE ...
Total Time 50 minsCalories 853 per serving
VEGAN BLACK BEAN BURGERS (GRILLABLE!) - VEGAN HEAVEN
5/5 (10)Total Time 20 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 277 per serving
HOMEMADE BLACK BEAN BURGER RECIPE BY ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
5/5 Servings 4Cuisine ContinentalTotal Time 1 hr 15 mins
HEALTHY BLACK BEAN BURGER RECIPE WITHOUT BUN BY ARCHANA'S ...
4.9/5 Servings 4Cuisine ContinentalTotal Time 1 hr 20 mins
BLACK BEAN BURGERS RECIPE | SANDRA LEE | FOOD NETWORK
5/5 (103)Difficulty EasyCategory Main-DishSteps 4
THE BEST BLACK BEAN BURGER RECIPE - BUILD YOUR BITE
Reviews 36Calories 210 per servingCategory Dinner
SOUTHWESTERN BLACK BEAN BURGERS RECIPE - DELICIOUS LITTLE ...
Ratings 13Calories 261 per servingCategory Main Dish
BLACK BEAN AND PEPPER JACK BURGERS - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
4.6/5 (28)Category LunchCuisine AmericanCalories 340 per serving
BLACK BEAN BURGERS - TASTY - FOOD VIDEOS AND RECIPES
95% Calories 533 per servingCategory Dinner
10 UNBEATABLE BEAN BURGER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
Author Hayley SuggEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
10 BEST VEGAN BLACK BEAN BURGERS RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST GROUND BEEF BURGERS RECIPES | YUMMLY
PERFECT BLACK BEAN AND TVP BURGERS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (2)Total Time 45 minsCategory Soy/TofuCalories 192 per serving
- In a blender, combine beans and eggs. Blend until smooth, some chunks will remain. Depending on strength of blender, additional water may be useful.
- In a bowl, season blended bean mash to taste. Add chopped veggies if desired. Add cumin, chili powder, garlic salt, etc. Add prepared, rehydrated TVP(follow directions on package)- mix thoroughly.
BEST BLACK BEAN BURGERS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE ... - DELISH
3.9/5 (13)Total Time 1 hr 5 mins
MEXICAN BLACK BEAN BURGERS - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
4.8/5 (16)Category Main CourseCuisine Latin AmericanCalories 300 per serving
PERFECT BEEF BURGER RECIPE AND NUTRITION - EAT THIS MUCH
Servings 4Total Time 20 mins
QUICK AND EASY BLACK BEAN BURGERS - NEILS HEALTHY MEALS
5/5 (1)Total Time 35 minsCategory DinnerCalories 193 per serving
BEST-EVER BLACK BEAN BURGERS - RECIPESRUN
Servings 4Total Time 1 hr 5 mins
BLACK BEAN VEGGIE BURGERS RECIPE - THE KITCHEN PAPER
Servings 6Total Time 50 minsEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
BLACK BEAN BURGERS: MASTER THE VEGGIE BURGER - PUREWOW
2.7/5 (87)Total Time 45 minsServings 4Calories 326 per serving
BLACK BEAN BURGERS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
5/5 (2)Category LunchCuisine North America, MexicanTotal Time 25 mins
VEGETARIAN BURGER WITH BLACK BEANS RECIPE - CHOWHOUND
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 2 hrsCategory Main DishCalories 534 per serving
EXTRA EASY BLACK BEAN BURGERS - INSPIRED TASTE
Reviews 40Calories 180 per servingCategory Main, Entree
BLACK BEAN BURGER PATTIES - FREEZER MEAL - GETTYSTEWART.COM
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
THE PERFECT BLACK BEAN BURGER - THIS MESS IS OURS
Reviews 3Calories 381 per serving
BLACK BEAN BURGER - PLANT-BASED DIET RECIPE - MEALS
4.3/5 (17)Total Time 40 minsCategory Main Dish
BEEF AND BLACK BEAN BURGERS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Servings 4Total Time 10 minsCategory Lunch/SnacksCalories 333 per serving
KROGER - GARDENBURGER 8G WHOLE GRAIN BLACK BEAN CHIPOTLE ...
ABOVE HOARDED GOLD: PERFECT BLACK BEAN BURGERS | BLACK ...
HOW TO COOK PERFECT BLACK BEAN BURGERS (MEXICAN STYLE ...
5-INGREDIENT GARLIC ONION BLACK BEAN BURGERS [VEGAN ...
BEST BLACK BEAN BURGER RECIPE- SAVORY, FILLING AND VEGETARIAN
GRILLED BLACK BEAN BURGERS - PLAYS WELL WITH BUTTER
BEANS AND BURGERS PODCAST - PODCAST ADDICT
REALLY AWESOME (AND CHEAP) BLACK BEAN BURGERS - RECIPE ...
MADE SOME VEGAN BURGERS TODAY! THE PATTY IS MADE OF BLACK ...
PERFECT BLACK BEAN BURGERS (GF) – KEVIN LEE JACOBS ...
RECIPE FOR BLACK BEANS BURGERS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
BLACK BEAN BURGER ON A BUDGET | VEGAN RECIPE BY THE ...
VEGAN BLACK BEAN BURGERS - THE STINGY VEGAN
WAYFAYRER BEANS AND BURGERS READY MEAL (3): AMAZON.CO.UK ...