SLOW COOKER PORK CASSEROLE
Cosy up on cold nights with our comforting slow cooker pork casserole. Chopped apples would make a great addition - add them in the final hour of cooking
Provided by Cassie Best
Categories Dinner, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 11
- 1 tbsp vegetable or rapeseed oil
- 4 pork shoulder steaks (about 750g), cut into large chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- bundle of woody herbs (bouquet garni) - we used 2 bay leaves, 3 sage leaves and 4 thyme sprigs, plus a few thyme leaves to serve
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp honey
- Heat your slow cooker. Drizzle the oil in a wide frying pan over a high heat. Season the pork, then add to the hot pan. Avoid overcrowding the meat - you may want to do this in batches. Cook until deep brown all over, then transfer to the slow cooker. Add the onion and leeks to the frying pan and cook for a few mins, until they soften. Add a splash of water and scrape any tasty bits from the bottom, then tip everything into the slow cooker. Add the carrot, herbs, stock cube, mustard and vinegar, season, then add enough water to just cover the ingredients. Stir, then set your slow cooker on low for 6-8 hrs, or high for 5-6 hrs.
- In a saucepan, mix the cornflour and honey with 1-2 tsp of liquid from the slow cooker, until you have a smooth paste. Add 100ml more liquid, bring to a simmer until thickened, then stir back into the casserole. Serve with mash or dumplings, scattered with thyme leaves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 416 calories, Fat 21 grams fat, SaturatedFat 6 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 13 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 10 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 41 grams protein, Sodium 1.2 milligram of sodium
SLOW-COOKED PORK STEW
Try this comforting pork stew recipe that's easy to put together, but tastes like you've been working hard in the kitchen all day. It's even better served over polenta, egg noodles or mashed potatoes. -Nancy Elliott, Houston, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each), cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 celery ribs, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/3 cup pitted dried plums (prunes), chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig
- 1 fresh thyme sprig
- 1/3 cup Greek olives, optional
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Hot cooked mashed potatoes, optional
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper; transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Add carrots, celery and onion. In a small bowl, whisk broth and tomato paste; pour over vegetables. Add plums, garlic, bay leaves, rosemary, thyme and, if desired, olives. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender., Discard bay leaves, rosemary and thyme. If desired, sprinkle stew with parsley and serve with potatoes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 177 calories, Fat 4g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 64mg cholesterol, Sodium 698mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
COUNTRY COOKING SLOW COOKER NECK BONES
- 3 pounds pork neck bones
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 4 cups water
- Place the neck bones into a slow cooker. Sprinkle in the onion, garlic, salt, and thyme leaves. Pour in the vinegar and water.
- Cover and cook on High until the meat is tender, about 4 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 517.5 calories, Carbohydrate 1.3 g, Cholesterol 100.7 mg, Fat 47.8 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 19.1 g, SaturatedFat 16.9 g, Sodium 352.1 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
Top Asked Questions
How to cook pork neck in a slow cooker?How to Make Pork Neck Slow Cooker Stew. Cover with Veggies. Sprinkle on salt, pepper and other seasonings as desired (suite your taste). Pour broth over. Cook on low for 5.5 hours. Add 1/2 cup each frozen corn and peas. Continue to cook for 1/2 -1 hour. After done cooking, Remove all meat, and veggies and set aside. Remove bones and toss.
How do you cook a pork neck stew?Pork neck stew harkens back to a time and place where not wasting food was a matter of survival. It also happens to be hearty and delicious. Heat a large (6-quart or more) Dutch oven or straight-sided pan over medium heat, and add enough oil to thinkly cover the bottom of the pan.
What is slow cooker pork stew?Slow Cooker Pork Stew has tender chunks of meat and complementing vegetables in a flavorful broth! And it is so easy to prepare using the crockpot! We love our crockpot recipes because they are all so flavorful. The long hours that it takes to cook dishes like Lasagna Soup, Swiss Steak, and Butter Chicken are worth it!
How to cook bone tender pulled pork in slow cooker?Directions. Place the neck bones into a slow cooker. Sprinkle in the onion, garlic, salt, and thyme leaves. Pour in the vinegar and water. Cover and cook on High until the meat is tender, about 4 hours. Slow-cooked comfort is delicious. Fall-off-the bone tender pulled pork! A Puerto-Rican style tender and flavorful pork roast.
Egg whites vary in size, and the quantity of whites used in a meringue affects its texture. When making these cookies, it's best to use a liquid measuring...
Provided by Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez
Provided by Chuck Williams
Provided by Frank Randazzo
These low-carb, gluten-free hamburger buns are made with ground almonds, coconut flour, and flax seed.
Provided by myketorecipes
Provided by Daniel Humm
A delicious combination of red pepper sauce, fresh basil, almonds, broccoli florets, and pasta.
Provided by jessica
A brilliant recipe for making with children, making classic custard creams in your favourite shapes.
Provided by simonbeal
My daughter-in-law (and Test Kitchen gal), Krissi, is a rice pudding aficionado and she gives this recipe two enthusiastic thumbs-up. If you've never made...
Provided by maureen gorman
Provided by Lora Zarubin
Provided by á-32809
Serve up a cheesy dinnertime classic with the Turkey and Broccoli Casserole Recipe. Condensed cheddar cheese soup makes this Turkey and Broccoli Casserole...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by My Food and Family
Chocolate and peanut butter are at it again, this time in a refrigerator pie that delivers all the creamy goodness you can pour into a cookie crust.
Provided by My Food and Family
People also searched
More about "pork neck slow cooker stew food"
SOUL FOOD STYLE PORK NECK BONES | I HEART RECIPES
5/5 (48)Total Time 4 hrs 5 minsCategory Dinner
- Sprinkle in the cornstarch, and stir. Make sure that all the neck bones are coated with the cornstarch.
SLOW-COOKER PORK STEW RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
3.5/5 (27)Author Food Network KitchenServings 4Difficulty Easy
- Combine the potatoes, carrots, celery, garlic and ginger in a slow cooker. Toss in half of the flour and season with salt and pepper. Scatter the bay leaves over the vegetables.
- Season the pork generously with salt and pepper, sprinkle with the thyme and allspice and toss with the remaining flour to coat. Place the pork over the vegetables in the slow cooker. Add 2 cups water and the tomatoes, cover and cook on low 8 hours.
- Discard the bay leaves. Remove the pork roast and slice or pull the meat off the bone into large pieces. Serve in bowls with the vegetables and broth.
SLOW-ROASTED PORK NECK WITH SAGE RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
Category Main-CourseTotal Time 1 hr 30 mins
- For 6-8 people, have your butcher prepare a pork neck side so that it includes four of the shoulder end ribs. Ask for these to be trimmed, the chine bone removed and the roast trimmed of excess knobs of fat.
- The remaining piece should weigh about 3kg and the ribs should be still attached but easily sliced off once roasted. Sprinkle the roast with salt and freshly cracked pepper. Heat 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil in a pan and brown the meat.
- In a roasting pan, lay a generous amount of fresh sage (leave stalk on) and the roast on top. Place in a 250C oven for 20 minutes then lower the temperature to 140C for 3 hours.
SLOW ROASTED PORK NECK RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (2)Category PorkAuthor The NormansCalories 68 per serving
- In a small bowl mix together oil, sage, garlic and tomato paste. With a knife, make small incisions into the pork. Rub in mixture and season well.
- Lay prosciutto on the chopping board. Place pork on top, and fold over so the pieces of prosciutto wrap around the pork. Tie and secure with kitchen string.
- Heat a medium sized heavy based baking dish onto the heat. Add pork and cook, turning, until browned. Add white wine and let sizzle. Add stock and cover tightly with foil.
SLOW COOKER NECK BONES & POTATOES | I HEART RECIPES
5/5 (23)Category Main CourseCuisine Southern/ Soul FoodTotal Time 6 hrs 15 mins
SLOW-COOKER PORK AND HOMINY STEW RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK ...
5/5 (8)Author Food Network KitchenServings 4Difficulty Easy
- Toss the pork and hominy with the chicken broth, salsa verde, poblanos, cilantro and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a 6-quart slow cooker. Tear 2 of the tortillas into small pieces; add to the slow cooker and toss. Cover and cook on low, 7 hours.
- Warm the remaining 8 tortillas as the label directs. Top each serving of stew with sour cream, lettuce, avocado and more cilantro. Serve with the warm tortillas.
YOTAM OTTOLENGHI'S SLOW COOKING RECIPES | FOOD | THE GUARDIAN
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
10 BEST PORK NECK RECIPES | YUMMLY
PORK NECK BONES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 3 hrs 5 minsCategory Soups, Stews And Chili Recipes, Soup RecipesCalories 856 per serving
- Place pork neck bones in a large bowl; season with black pepper, adobo seasoning, and thyme. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate in the refrigerator, about 1 hour.
- Fill a large stockpot halfway with water. Add cooking wine, vinegar, cilantro, basil, onions, green bell peppers, and garlic. Cover and bring to a boil. Add pork neck bones. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour.
- Stir potatoes into the pot. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until neck bones and potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes more.
PORK NECK AND CARROT STEW | SO DELICIOUS
4/5 (2)Total Time 25 minsCuisine FusionCalories 574 per serving
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook the meat cubes until golden brown. Set aside.
- Add the ginger and stir a little more, then add the carrot, season with salt and pepper, add the coriander, lime juice, and coconut milk. Cook, stir and bring it to a boil, then add the meat and curry paste. Stir more and cook for 1 more minute while adding the baby spinach and parsley.
SLOW-COOKED PORK STEW RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (8)Total Time 6 hrs 15 minsCategory StewCalories 482 per serving
- Place the pork in a crock pot, and add the carrots, potatoes, parsnips, onions, leeks, garlic, spinach, pepper, thyme and salt.
SLOW COOKER COCONUT PORK CURRY RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
5/5 Total Time 4 hrs 40 minsServings 8
- In a large skillet, heat the oil. Season the pork with salt and pepper. Add half of the pork to the skillet and brown it over moderately high heat, about 12 minutes. Transfer the pork to the slow cooker. Repeat with the remaining pork.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the fat in the skillet. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, curry, cumin and turmeric and cook over low heat, stirring, until fragrant and the onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Scrape the mixture into the slow cooker. Add the tomatoes and their juices, coconut milk and stock, cover and cook on high for 4 hours. Spoon off as much fat from the surface of the stew as possible. Serve the stew over rice in deep bowls, garnished with cilantro and scallions.
SLOW COOKER PORK STEW - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
5/5 (12)Total Time 8 hrs 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 669 per serving
- Place pork chunks into a large bowl, sprinkle with flour, salt, and black pepper. Use kitchen tongs to toss and coat evenly.
- Place a non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons of oil. Once the oil is hot, add the meat into one layer, work in batches if needed. Brown, on all sides, for about 5 minutes per batch. Once done cooking, transfer it to the slow cooker.
- Add the wine to the skillet to degraze it, scrape and bites from the bottom and add the liquid to the slow cooker.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the butter, once melted add onion and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add 1 cup of broth to deglaze the skillet, using a wooden spoon scrape the bits that stuck to it. Transfer the mixture to the slow cooker on top of the meat and add tomato paste.
JAMAICAN PORK STEW RECIPE - IAN KNAUER | FOOD & WINE
5/5 (2)Category Pork ShoulderServings 6Total Time 4 hrs
- Season the pork with 1 tablespoon salt and 2 teaspoons pepper. In a large heavy pot, heat the oil over medium high heat until hot, then brown the pork in batches, about 6 minutes per batch. Transfer the pork to a platter as browned.
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the carrots, cabbage, bay leaves, Scotch bonnet pepper, thyme, allspice, water and worcestershire. Add the pork and any accumulated juices back to the pot and cover. Simmer the stew until the pork is very tender, about 31/2 hours. Season with salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with the scallions. Serve with cooked rice.
"SKIN I'M IN" BRAISED PORK NECK BONES - FOOD FIDELITY
Ratings 4Calories 290 per servingCategory Main Course
- Heat a dutch oven pot on medium heat. Add oil once pan is hot then brown the neck bones on all sides. Remove neck bones and set aside.
SMOKY PULLED PORK (OVEN OR SLOW COOKER) – BEC'S TABLE
4.8/5 (5)Category DinnerCuisine AmericanTotal Time 5 mins
CREAMY SLOW COOKED PORK CASSEROLE - NICKY'S KITCHEN SANCTUARY
5/5 (14)Total Time 3 hrs 40 minsCategory DinnerCalories 671 per serving
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp of the vegetable oil in a large casserole dish until hot. Add the pork, salt, pepper and celery salt and brown on all sides - it should take around 6-8 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add in the onion. Cooked for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the onion softens.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a further two minutes, then add the carrots, cider, stock and dried thyme. Turn up the heat and bring to the boil. Stir and scrape up any bits than may have stuck to the bottom of the pan. Place a lid on the pan, and place in the oven for 2 1/2 to 3 hours*, until the pork flakes apart when you press it with a fork. Check a couple of times during the last hour of cooking and add a splash of water or stock if it's starting to look a little dry.
SLOW COOKER PORK STEW - THE COZY COOK
5/5 (3)Total Time 8 hrsCategory SoupCalories 613 per serving
- Mix together the soup, milk, sour cream and ranch dressing mix. Temper the mixture by heating it for 30 seconds in the microwave.
KETO PULLED PORK STEW | CARB MANAGER
5/5 (1)Calories 595 per servingTotal Time 1 hr 28 mins
- Place whole pork neck bones in the base of a cast iron double boiler or a simple large soup pot. Sprinkle the salt, pepper, nutmeg, rosemary, and onion powder over the neck bones. Crush the garlic cloves and throw them in the pot before drizzling olive oil over all the ingredients. Turn the heat on your stove to a medium heat and stir the neck bones around to get them all coated in the oil and spices. Use a pair of tongs to occasionally rotate the neck bones while they sear to a golden brown. Put a lid over your pot between rotations to help the fat collect.
- Once your neck bones are golden brown, pour in the first amount of chicken broth and the apple cider vinegar. Place 2 whole bay leaves in the broth before closing the pot with a lid. Turn the heat to a low setting and let the pork cook for up to 1 hour - until the meat easily slides off the bones. Cook longer if necessary.
- Use your tongs to pull the meat off the bones and break it up into shreds and small chunks. You may also remove the pork from the pot, pull it off the bones, and return the meat to the pot. Either discard the neck bones or save them for making your own soup broth/stock! You may also discard of any large pieces of fat that are unappetizing to you.
- With the stove heat still on low, stir in the tomato paste and final amount of chicken broth. Put the lid on and raise the heat to bring the stew to a boil.
10 TRADER JOE’S SLOW COOKER ESSENTIALS
- Thai Green Curry Simmer Sauce. One way to combat cooler temperatures is to sweat it out. And since eating deliciously spicy Thai food sounds way more appealing than going to the gym, Trader Joe’s famous green curry sauce is a worthwhile investment.
- Spicy Jollof Seasoned Rice Mix. It is not advisable to cook rice for a prolonged period in your slow cooker (unless you want it mushy), but you can certainly add starchy texture toward the end of a cooking period by mixing it into a stew, soup, or, in this case, a peppery jambalaya or gumbo.
- Howling Gourds Pumpkin Ale. Incorporating beer into chili is a no-brainer—it provides a wonderful depth of malty and earthy flavors that really make your dish shine.
- Kale & Cauliflower Chili With Navy Beans. No matter how you prepare it—in the microwave, on the stove, or in a slow cooker—Trader Joe’s latest vegan offering is a hit.
- Autumnal Harvest Soup. Eat your heart out, fall lovers. This tomato-based soup with a medley of butternut squash, pumpkin, rosemary, sage, and heavy cream is autumn at its finest.
- Organic Sriracha & Garlic Barbecue Sauce. Whether you’re cooking a brisket, ribs, or pork tenderloin, the sweet, smoky, and spicy flavors of barbecue sauce never go out of season.
- Unexpected Cheddar Cheese. The best accompaniment to many slow cooker dishes is a mound of shredded cheese. Trader Joe’s award-winning Unexpected Cheddar brings a drool-worthy balance of creaminess and tang, transitioning into an almost Parmesan-like bite as it hits the palate.
- Madras Lentils. Lentils don’t get the fanfare that they deserve. They’re wonderfully mild and high in protein, with a pleasant chew that's capable of standing up to any bold flavor.
- Vegan Cream Cheese Alternative. The rumors are true: TJ’s plant-based cream cheese is one of the most decadent dairy-free options on the market, making it a healthier alternative to the stuff you’d find from the City of Brotherly Love.
- Grainless Tortilla Chips. If you’re a fan of dipping and scooping, you’re in obvious need of a tortilla chip that can take on the heaviness of a chili, soup, or stew.
SLOW COOKER ITALIAN PORK STEW RECIPE | PERFECT COMFORT FOOD
Reviews 2Category DinnerCuisine AmericanTotal Time 8 hrs 5 mins
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker and set on a board to cool. Using a ladle, skim off any fat that’s sitting on top of the broth.
- Taste the broth for seasonings and adjust if needed. Serve with grated parmesan cheese if desired.
SLOW COOKER PORK AND APPLE STEW | FOOD FOR NET
Reviews 2Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
SLOW COOKER MEDITERRANEAN PORK STEW - KIDSPOT
Cuisine MediterraneanCategory Dinner, Lunch, MainServings 4Total Time 4 hrs 30 mins
PORK NECK SLOW COOKER STEW | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
SLOW COOKER BRAISED PORK HOCKS | FOOD FOR NET
Reviews 2Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
PORK STEW WITH SUMMER HERBS SLOW COOKER RECIPE | NOURISH BOOKS
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
EASY-PEASY LEMON-SQUEEZY SLOW COOKED PORK NECK ...
Servings 8Estimated Reading Time 6 minsCategory The Main EventTotal Time 4 hrs 30 mins
SLOW COOKER NECK BONES & POTATOES | I HEART RECIPES ...
5/5 (23)Estimated Reading Time 1 minServings 6Total Time 6 hrs 15 mins
FAMILY OF FOODIES: PULLED PORK FROM THE NECK OF THE BEAST
Author Camilla BakerEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
INDONESIAN PORK STEW RECIPES
LEFTOVER PORK STEW RECIPES
SLOW COOKED PORK NECK BONES RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
PREACHER PAUL SMOKED NECK BONE STEW RECIPE BY CHEF ...
SLOW COOKER LAMB CHOPS STEW - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
SLOW COOKER / HEARTY PORK NECKBONE STEW RECIPE / KIWANNA'S ...
PORK NECK SLOW COOKER STEW RECIPES
PORK STEW IN A SLOW COOKER - FOOD-AND-RECIPES.COM
SLOW COOKER CUBAN PORK "STEW" - FROM FOODIE WITH LOVE
HOW TO COOK PORK NECKBONES IN A SLOW COOKER | OUR EVERYDAY ...
PORK NECK IN SLOW COOKER RECIPES
PORK - MY FOOD AND FAMILY
PORK NECK BONES IN PRESSURE COOKER - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
MULTICOOKER STEW IS ONE OF THE FAVORITE RECIPES. DISHES ...