PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN
The almost universal appeal of roasted chicken stems from its power to comfort. The ideal roasted chicken recipe will leave your chicken golden brown and gleaming, tender, and juicy. The crackle of chicken as it roasts and the wondrous aroma that perfumes the kitchen provoke a feeling of satisfaction and fulfillment.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 8
- 1 six-pound roasting chicken
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium onions, peeled and sliced crosswise 1/2 inch thick
- 2 lemons
- 3 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup Homemade Chicken Stock, or canned low-sodium chicken broth, skimmed of fat
- Let chicken and 1 tablespoon butter stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Remove and discard the plastic pop-up timer from chicken if there is one. Remove the giblets and excess fat from the chicken cavity. Rinse chicken inside and out under cold running water. Dry chicken thoroughly with paper towels. Tuck the wing tips under the body. Sprinkle the cavity of the chicken liberally with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- In the center of a heavy-duty roasting pan, place onion slices in two rows, touching. Place the palm of your hand on top of lemon and, pressing down, roll lemon back and forth several times. This softens the lemon and allows the juice to flow more freely. Pierce entire surface of lemon with a fork. Using the side of a large knife, gently press on garlic cloves to open slightly. Insert garlic cloves, thyme sprigs, and lemon into cavity. Place chicken in pan, on onion slices. Cut about 18 inches of kitchen twine, bring chicken legs forward, cross them, and tie together.
- Spread the softened butter over entire surface of chicken, and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Place in the oven, and roast until skin is deep golden brown and crisp and the juices run clear when pierced, about 1 1/2 hours. When chicken seems done, insert an instant-read thermometer into the breast, then the thigh. The breast temperature should read 180 degrees and the thigh 190 degrees.
- Remove chicken from oven, and transfer to a cutting board with a well. Let chicken stand 10 to 15 minutes so the juices settle. Meanwhile, pour the pan drippings into a shallow bowl or fat separator, and leave onions in the pan. Leave any brown baked-on bits in the bottom of the roasting pan, and remove and discard any blackened bits. Using a large spoon or fat separator, skim off and discard as much fat as possible. Pour the remaining drippings and the juices that have collected under the resting chicken back into the roasting pan. Place on the stove over medium-high heat to cook, about 1 minute. Add chicken stock, raise heat to high, and, using a wooden spoon, stir up and combine the brown bits with the stock until the liquid is reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Strain the gravy into a small bowl, pressing on onions to extract any liquid. Discard onions, and stir in the remaining tablespoon of cold butter until melted and incorporated. Untie the legs, and remove and discard garlic, thyme, and lemon. Carve, and serve gravy on the side.
HERBED ROAST CHICKEN
I have been using this easy recipe for years. Marinating the chicken before roasting gives it a mild citrus tang and an attractive look. -Samuel Onizuk, Elkton, Maryland
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- One 2-gallon resealable plastic bag
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 roasting chicken (6 to 7 pounds)
- In the 2-gallon resealable plastic bag, combine the orange juice, oil, butter, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, chives and seasonings. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Place bag in a pan. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally., Preheat oven to 350°. Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°. Cover loosely with foil if chicken browns too quickly. , Remove chicken from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before carving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 348 calories, Fat 22g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 110mg cholesterol, Sodium 194mg sodium, Carbohydrate 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 34g protein.
ROAST CHICKEN WITH HERBS
- 2 whole chickens (3 1/2 to 4 pounds each), rinsed and patted dry inside and out, necks reserved (livers and giblets discarded)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1 head garlic, halved horizontally, then vertically
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- 1 bunch fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- Pan Sauce for Roast Chicken (optional)
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Season chicken cavities with salt and pepper. Dividing evenly, stuff with lemon, garlic, and sprigs of thyme and rosemary (reserve a few sprigs of each for garnish).
- With a heavy knife, coarsely chop necks, and scatter in a large roasting pan. Place chickens, breast side up, on a rack set in pan. Using cotton kitchen twine, securely tie legs together; tuck wing tips underneath chickens.
- Rub chickens with butter; season with salt. Roast, occasionally brushing chickens with pan juices, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh (avoiding bone) registers 165, about 1 hour. Transfer chickens to a platter; cover loosely with aluminum foil, and let rest 10 to 15 minutes before carving. If desired, prepare Pan Sauce to serve with chickens.
Top Asked Questions
How to cook Chicken Breast Roast in the oven?DIRECTIONS 1 Place chicken breasts in a shallow baking dish, skin side up. 2 Sprinkle each breast with salt, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon thyme. 3 Brush with melted butter and roast 1 hour at 350 degrees or until done. More ...
What is broasted chicken?“Broasted Chicken” is one of the most popular chicken recipes in the United States and European country. It is also popular in North America, Brazil, Mexico, Pakistan, Sweden, etc. country. Although Broasted chicken is a trademark of Broaster company and it is a secret recipe of this company.
What is in Momma chef’s roasted whole chicken recipe?Simple Roasted Whole ChickenMomma Chef olive oil, seasoning, oranges, whole chicken, chicken stock Citrus Roasted Whole ChickenFake Food Free rosemary, bay leaves, garlic, whole chicken, lime, lemons, fine ground sea salt and 6 more
How long should you roast a 3lb chicken?For a three- to four-pound chicken, ten to twenty minutes should be enough. How Long Should You Roast a Chicken? The short answer is that it takes around 70 minutes to roast a chicken in the oven. The long answer is that the cook time will depend on oven temperature and the size of your chicken.
Egg whites vary in size, and the quantity of whites used in a meringue affects its texture. When making these cookies, it's best to use a liquid measuring...
Provided by Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez
Provided by Chuck Williams
Provided by Frank Randazzo
These low-carb, gluten-free hamburger buns are made with ground almonds, coconut flour, and flax seed.
Provided by myketorecipes
Provided by Daniel Humm
A delicious combination of red pepper sauce, fresh basil, almonds, broccoli florets, and pasta.
Provided by jessica
A brilliant recipe for making with children, making classic custard creams in your favourite shapes.
Provided by simonbeal
My daughter-in-law (and Test Kitchen gal), Krissi, is a rice pudding aficionado and she gives this recipe two enthusiastic thumbs-up. If you've never made...
Provided by maureen gorman
Provided by Lora Zarubin
Provided by á-32809
Serve up a cheesy dinnertime classic with the Turkey and Broccoli Casserole Recipe. Condensed cheddar cheese soup makes this Turkey and Broccoli Casserole...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by My Food and Family
Chocolate and peanut butter are at it again, this time in a refrigerator pie that delivers all the creamy goodness you can pour into a cookie crust.
Provided by My Food and Family
More about "roastedwholechickenbreastswithgreenstuffing food"
BREADED FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN | FOOD ...
Author Food Network KitchenSteps 3Difficulty Easy
EASY PAN-ROASTED CHICKEN AND SHALLOTS RECIPE | FOOD ...
Author Food Network KitchenSteps 4Difficulty Easy
20 OF OUR FAVORITE WHOLE CHICKEN RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
Occupation Cookbook Author And PhotographerEstimated Reading Time 5 mins
PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE | INA GARTEN | FOOD NETWORK
Author Ina GartenSteps 3Difficulty Intermediate
ROAST CHICKEN | RECIPETIN EATS
COOKED CHICKEN FOR RECIPES - FOOD.COM - RECIPES, FOOD ...
10 BEST OVEN BAKED WHOLE CHICKEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
OUR 15 BEST ROAST CHICKEN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BEST EVER HIGH-HEAT ROASTED WHOLE CHICKEN (TWO INGREDIENTS ...
GRANDMA'S SIMPLE ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE - FOOD.COM
HERB-ROASTED CHICKEN | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
THE BEST ROASTED CHICKEN RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
ROASTED CHICKEN BREASTS - DIABETES FOOD HUB
ROASTED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPE - FOOD.COM
53 ROAST CHICKEN RECIPES INCLUDING WHOLE BIRDS, THIGHS ...
10 BEST LEFTOVER ROAST CHICKEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
ROAST CHICKEN & STUFFING RECIPE WITH GRAVY | CANADIAN …
MOIST ROASTED WHOLE CHICKEN RECIPE - FOOD.COM
HERB-ROASTED CHICKEN RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN | …
5/5 (4)Author Food Network KitchenServings 6-8Difficulty Easy
BASIC ROASTED CHICKEN RECIPE | GUY FIERI | FOOD NETWORK
Author Guy FieriSteps 4Difficulty Easy
ROASTED CHICKEN RECIPES YOU NEED TO TRY NOW
5/5 (3)Total Time 1 hr 45 minsCategory EntreeCalories 745 per serving
GARLIC HERB BUTTER ROAST CHICKEN - CAFE DELITES
ROAST CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
EASY NEVER-FAIL BREADED CHICKEN RECIPE - FOOD.COM
SIMPLE ROAST CHICKEN WITH GREENS (AND BONUS STOCK) RECIPE ...
BUTTERBALL TURKEY COOKING INSTRUCTIONS BEST RECIPES
BLANQUETTE DE VEAU A LANCIENNE RECIPES
WHOLE STUFFED CHICKEN WITH PAN GRAVY RECIPE
22 SUPER EASY WHOLE ROAST CHICKEN RECIPES THAT ARE ALL ...
BAKED HERB-CRUSTED CHICKEN BREASTS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
BBQ HASH RECIPES
KOSHER OVEN FRIED BREADED CHICKEN RECIPE
BAKED BREADED CHICKEN RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
PEPPER WHOLE CHICKEN ROAST - THE BIG SWEET TOOTH
TIPS ON HOW TO ROAST A LARGE CHICKEN (8 LBS) - HOME ...
JEWISH HONEY LOAF RECIPES
ROASTED CHICKEN RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
KITCHEN BASICS: ROASTING CHICKEN | TODAY'S NEST
ROASTED CHICKEN WITH GARLIC AND HERBS - DINNER AT THE ZOO
BREADED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BACON EGG AND CHEESE STUFFED PANCAKES RECIPES
HOW TO COOK WHOLE ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE| WHOLE ROAST ...
40+ CHICKEN SIDE DISHES - WHAT TO SERVE WITH CHICKEN ...
ROASTED CHICKEN | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS