SAUSAGE AND EGG CASSEROLE
For the perfect combination of eggs, sausage, bread and cheese, this is the dish to try. My mom and I like this sausage breakfast casserole because it bakes up tender and golden, slices beautifully and goes over well whenever we serve it. -Gayle Grigg, Phoenix, Arizona
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 6 slices white bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, brown and crumble sausage; drain and set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs; add milk, salt and mustard. Stir in bread cubes, cheese and sausage. , Pour into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 271 calories, Fat 18g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 151mg cholesterol, Sodium 736mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 14g protein.
EGG AND SAUSAGE CASSEROLE
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Line the bottom of the prepared baking dish with crescent roll dough, and sprinkle with crumbled sausage. In a large bowl, mix beaten eggs, mozzarella, and Cheddar. Season the mixture with oregano, and pour over the sausage and crescent rolls.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 341.4 calories, Carbohydrate 8.7 g, Cholesterol 177.5 mg, Fat 24.7 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 19.9 g, SaturatedFat 10.7 g, Sodium 764.4 mg, Sugar 1.9 g
SAUSAGE, EGG AND CHEDDAR FARMER'S BREAKFAST
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces bulk pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Whisk eggs, milk, parsley and salt; set aside. In a 9-in. cast-iron or other heavy skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; remove and drain. In same skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add potatoes and onion; cook and stir until tender, 5-7 minutes. Return sausage to pan., Add egg mixture; cook and stir until almost set. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook until cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 330 calories, Fat 24g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 364mg cholesterol, Sodium 612mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 20g protein.
Top Asked Questions
How to make sausage and egg breakfast casserole?How to Make Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole 1 Brown and drain sausage. 2 Whisk together milk, eggs, dry mustard and salt. 3 Mix in cheddar cheese and cubed white bread with eggs. 4 Pour into greased dish and bake. Let sit before serving
What is the best way to make Italian sausage casserole?In the large skillet, sauté the onions, peppers and sausage until everything is cooked through. In the large bowl, beat the eggs, milk and black pepper together. Grease the large casserole dish. First, layer on some big croutons like these. Next, layer on the cooked sausage mixture. Last, layer on the shredded cheese. Pour on the egg mixture.
How do you make Italian sausage with eggs and potatoes?In a large bowl, beat the eggs and whisk in the milk. Stir in the cooked vegetables, potatoes, spinach, 1 cup of the shredded cheese, and the sausage. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and top remaining cheese and green onions.
How do you make a simple egg casserole?This egg casserole comes together in just a few easy steps. Cook sausage and veggies according to recipe. Whisk together eggs, cottage cheese, and seasonings. Spread meat mixture in the bottom of a prepared pan and pour the egg mixture on top. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on the top and bake!
Provided by preachergirl
I saw this trick on "The Secret Life of Cake" on the Food Network. Haven't tried it yet, but I will next time I feel like cheating :lol:
Provided by puppitypup
Make and share this Sausage-And- Zucchini Skillet Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
Provided by SarahBeth
When zucchini season rolls around, you know you'll be looking for a recipe like this: quick and delicious Zucchini Lasagna, ready in an hour.
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by Mommy Diva
Make and share this Scalloped New Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
Our tasters went nuts for these muffins - they're moist, fragrant, and put big old bakery muffins to shame. The orange zest in the glaze kicks up the orange...
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Make and share this Vegetable Spaghetti With Squash Noodles recipe from Food.com.
Provided by 49flavours
"This is a very simple cream filling. It can be frozen, and will not weep! I usually double the recipe for 1 batch of lady locks (approximately 120 cookies.)...
Provided by @MakeItYours
Make and share this Crock Pot Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
Provided by casha
Slices of potato folded with herbs, butter, and sour cream and then baked to a golden brown. Not your "every day" fare! Irresistibly rich and delicious,...
Provided by Happy Harry 2
When is a Bakewell Tart not a Bakewell Tart is a question often asked? When it is a Bakewell Pudding. I can say that even in Bakewell, the town of origin...
Provided by @MakeItYours
Make and share this Easy French Onion Dip recipe from Food.com.
Provided by vannesakelly
I heard this cookie recipe over the radio about 1950-shortly after my husband and I married. The big spicy treats are so nice and chewy, they remain my...
Provided by @MakeItYours
How to make Giant Spice Cookies Recipe
Provided by @MakeItYours
Provided by Food Network
Chewy fruit cookies are warmed in the microwave and topped with ice cream, chocolate topping and walnuts for a unique sundae.
Provided by My Food and Family
Slightly spiced and super moist applesauce cake goes perfectly with a soft and luscious cream cheese and caramel frosting. This is the stuff fall dreams...
Provided by @MakeItYours
Macaroni is a great addition to this family favorite. Cooking the macaroni with the ground beef and seasonings makes cleanup a snap.
Provided by @MakeItYours
People also searched
More about "sausage and egg casserole food"
SAUSAGE, EGG AND CHEESE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE | EGGS CHEESE ...
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 936 per serving
- Sauté the sausage in skillet until well browned. You can either cut the sausage into pieces or remove it from it's casing and fry it loosely to get a sausage crumble. Either way, remove the sausage from the pan and set it aside when it's cooked. Stir in the mustard.
- Arrange the bread slices in the bottom of a baking dish. Top with the sausage/mustard mixture and grated cheese.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Stir in the milk and seasonings. Pour the mixture over the bread and sausage mixture in the baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight (or for 6 to 8 hours if you are preparing it early in the day for use in the evening).
BEST SAUSAGE AND EGG BREAKFAST CASSEROLE (MAKE AHEAD ...
4.2/5 (250)Category Breakfast, Brunch, Eggs, SavoryCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 10 mins
- Sautee the onions and green peppers in a large skillet on medium-high heat for about 3 minutes, until they start to soften. Add in the sausage and cook until the sausage meat is cooked through.
- Lightly oil a 9x13 baking dish. Layer the croutons evenly on the bottom. Layer the sausage mix on top of the croutons. Evenly layer the grated cheese on top of the sausage mix. Gently pour the egg mixture on top. Cover and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight, at least 8 hours.
- In the morning, preheat the oven to 325°/160°C. Place the casserole in the middle of the oven. Bake for 30 minutes. Turn the heat up to 350°C/176°C. Bake for an additional 20-30 minutes, until the egg is set. To check, insert a knife in the middle of the casserole and it should come out clean. If the casserole is browning too quickly, cover with a foil for the last bit of baking time.
SAUSAGE AND EGG CASSEROLE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
5/5 (64)Total Time 9 hrs 35 minsCategory Breakfast And Brunch, EggsCalories 363 per serving
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in sausage. Cook and stir until sausage is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Drain and discard any excess grease.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl; stir in milk, salt, and mustard. Fold bread cubes, Cheddar cheese, and sausage into egg mixture. Pour into a lightly greased 7x11-inch baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Remove casserole from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake in preheated oven until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
SAUSAGE AND LEEK CASSEROLE RECIPE | THE NEELYS | FOOD NETWORK
5/5 (127)Difficulty EasyCategory Main-DishSteps 5
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed skillet on medium-high heat. Saute the leeks with a pinch of salt and pepper, red pepper flakes, and 1/8 teaspoon cayenne. When the leeks are translucent raise the heat to high and add the sausage and cook for 8 minutes or until browned. Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs together with the cream, milk, the remaining cayenne, a pinch of black pepper and salt.
- Cut the baguette into cubes and put in the bottom of a 9 by 9-inch glass casserole dish. Sprinkle the bread with the Cheddar cheese. Pour the sausage and leek mixture and egg mixture on top. Top with pepper jack cheese. Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
CHRISTMAS BREAKFAST SAUSAGE CASSEROLE | ALLRECIPES
Ratings 2.1KCalories 377 per servingCategory Breakfast And Brunch, Eggs
- In a medium bowl, mix together mustard powder, salt, eggs and milk. Add the sausage, bread cubes, and cheese, and stir to coat evenly. Pour into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover, and chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours, or overnight.
- Cover, and bake 45 to 60 minutes. Uncover, and reduce temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Bake for an additional 30 minutes, or until set.
SAUSAGE AND EGG CASSEROLE - BIGOVEN.COM
5/5 (4)Category BreakfastCuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 mins
SAUSAGE EGG CASSEROLE - FOODGASM RECIPES
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 250 per serving
SAUSAGE EGG AND BISCUITS CASSEROLE – RECIPES
Servings 6Category Breakfast
TURKEY SAUSAGE AND EGG CASSEROLE - DIABETES FOOD HUB
5/5 (378)Author Stephanie ShumanServings 10Calories 110 per serving
SAUSAGE & EGG BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - HAPPY HOUR PROJECTS
Reviews 7Estimated Reading Time 1 minServings 8Total Time 1 hr
30-MIN SAUSAGE AND EGG CASSEROLE DINNER RECIPE | SAUDER'S
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
10 BEST SAUSAGE EGG CASSEROLE WITHOUT BREAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST SAUSAGE EGG CHEESE CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
SAUSAGE EGG CASSEROLE: OVEN OR INSTANT POT BREAKFAST + VIDEO
Ratings 4Calories 302 per servingCategory Breakfast
- Lightly grease a 1.7L glass baking dish (Instant Pot) or round pie plate (oven). Layer hashbrowns, sausages, green onion, and 1/4 cup cheese in the baking dish.
- Pour 1.5 cups water into Instant Pot. Cover baking dish with foil and place on the trivet in the Instant Pot.
EGG & SAUSAGE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - A SOUTHERN SOUL
4.3/5 (12)Category Breakfast, Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 40 mins
- Crumble sausage in a medium skillet and cook until done. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Lightly coat a 9 X 13 pan with cooking spray. Unroll crescent rolls and pinch together seams to make one large pastry.
BISCUIT EGG CASSEROLE - QUICK & EASY (+VIDEO) | LIL' LUNA
4.9/5 (65)Calories 261 per servingCategory Breakfast
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a medium bowl until blended; pour over sausage and cheese.
CHEESY EGG BREAKFAST SAUSAGE CASSEROLE - CRAZY FOR CRUST
Ratings 26Calories 403 per servingCategory Breakfast
- Cook breakfast sausage in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, breaking into crumbles. Cook until no longer pink. Transfer to a plate covered with paper towels and pat away the excess fat. Cool at least 10 minutes.
- Stir together butter, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, flour, baking powder, pepper, and salt. Whisk in eggs and whisk until combined (mixture will be lumpy). Stir in cooked and cooled sausage.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or until browned and set in the middle. Cool 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
SAUSAGE-AND-EGG CASSEROLE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (2)Total Time 50 minsServings 10
- Arrange bread in 2 lightly greased 8-inch square baking dishes or 1 lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Top evenly with sausage. Whisk together 2 1/2 cups milk, eggs, and Dijon mustard. Pour evenly over bread mixture.
- Whisk together buttermilk and cream of mushroom soup. Spoon over bread mixture; sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Place casserole on a baking sheet.
- Note: An unbaked casserole can be covered with plastic wrap, then foil, and frozen up to 1 month. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Bake as directed.
THE BEST SAUSAGE, EGG AND BISCUIT BREAKFAST CASSEROLE ...
4.9/5 (55)Calories 381 per servingCategory Breakfast
- Cook breakfast sausage according to package directions. Cut into bite sized pieces and spread over top of biscuits.
SAUSAGE EGG CASSEROLE ⋆ REAL HOUSEMOMS
4.6/5 (9)Total Time 9 hrs 25 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 380 per serving
- Cook and stir until sausage is cooked through, evenly browned, and no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
EASY SAUSAGE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE (OVERNIGHT) - THE FOOD ...
5/5 (4)Category BreakfastCuisine AmericanCalories 525 per serving
- Place in the oven so that it melts. When the butter is melted, take it out and tilt the pan around so that the edges of the pan are greased.
EASY EGG & SAUSAGE CASSEROLE - PLOWING THROUGH LIFE
4/5 (1)Total Time 40 minsCategory Breakfast, Main CourseCalories 356 per serving
- Add remaining ingredients to mixing bowl and stir well, pour into pan and bake for 30 - 45 minutes.
EGG & SAUSAGE CASSEROLE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
4/5 (3)Total Time 6 hrs 15 minsCategory Healthy Casserole RecipesCalories 141 per serving
- Cook sausage in a skillet over medium heat, crumbling with a fork, until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add oil, onion and bell pepper to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables soften, about 5 minutes. Add sausage and cook, stirring, until vegetables begin to brown, about 5 minutes more. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Whisk eggs and egg whites in a large bowl until blended. Whisk in milk, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir in 1/3 cup Cheddar.
SAUSAGE EGG CASSEROLE RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
5/5 (1)Total Time 9 hrs 10 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 474 per serving
- The night before serving, in a 10-inch (25-cm) cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, cook the sausage, stirring with a spoon to crumble, until it’s browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Stir in the kale and cook for 2 minutes more. Place the sausage-kale mixture in a 12-by-10-inch (30-by-25-cm) baking dish. Add the bread and cheese and toss to combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the egg mixture ingredients until combined. Pour evenly over the sausage mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until the eggs are set. Garnish with fresh thyme.
BREAKFAST SAUSAGE AND EGG CASSEROLE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (7)Total Time 1 hrCategory BreakfastCalories 689 per serving
SAUSAGE, EGG AND VEGETABLE CASSEROLE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 8Calories 509 per servingTotal Time 1 hr 30 mins
- Mist a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. If baking immediately, preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook sausage, stirring and breaking up chunks, until no longer pink, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Drain skillet of all but 1 Tbsp. fat.
- Add onion to skillet and cook, stirring for 3 minutes. Add bell peppers and mushrooms; sauté for 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; let cool.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt and mustard. Stir in bread, Cheddar, sausage and vegetables. Pour into dish. Bake until middle is set and edges have browned, 50 to 60 minutes, or cover with plastic and refrigerate for up to 24 hours, then bake.
QUICK AND EASY BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - MY FOOD AND FAMILY
4.4/5 (191)Category SausageCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr
SAUSAGE AND EGG BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - SIMPLY RECIPES ...
4/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 724 per serving
- 1 Heat a skillet on medium high. Break up the sausage into chunks and cook, working in batches if need be, until browned all around. Make sure the chunks of sausage have some space around them or your meat will steam and not brown. Remove the cooked sausage from the pan and let sit on some paper towels on a plate to soak up the excess fat. Crumble into smaller pieces.
- 2 Place bread in a well buttered 9x13 inch baking pan. Sprinkle with cheese. Combine the eggs, milk, dry mustard, onion powder and pepper. Pour evenly over the bread and cheese. Sprinkle sausage and optional ingredients over the top.
- 3 At this stage you can cover and chill overnight, if you want to prepare ahead. If not, let sit for 10 minutes before putting in the oven. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Bake uncovered for about one hour. Tent with foil if top begins to brown too quickly.
EASY CHEESY SAUSAGE AND EGG CASSEROLE - EVERYDAY EILEEN
4.7/5 (6)Total Time 45 minsCategory Breakfast, BrunchCalories 315 per serving
- Saute breakfast sausage, shallot, red pepper, and broccoli until sausage is brown and veggies are soft. Set aside.
SAUSAGE NOODLE CASSEROLE - NOURISH AND FETE
5/5 (2)Total Time 50 minsCategory MainCalories 541 per serving
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook egg noodles just shy of al dente, according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- While the noodles cook, add sausage and onion to a large oven-safe skillet set over medium-high heat. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring to break the sausage up into crumbles, until the onion is tender and the sausage is browned. Using a large spoon or spatula, transfer the mixture to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside. If a lot of fat remains in the pan, drain a bit off.
- Melt butter in the same skillet, then add the chopped mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute more. Gradually stir in milk and broth, then season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook for 3-4 minutes to thicken slightly.
EGG AND SAUSAGE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE – SAUSAGE EGG AND ...
5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hrCategory BreakfastCalories 266 per serving
SAVORY SAUSAGE-AND-EGG BREAKFAST CASSEROLE RECIPE
4.1/5 (42)Total Time 1 hrCategory Breakfast, Brunch, EntreeCalories 447 per serving
OVERNIGHT EGG + SAUSAGE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE BAKE! | CLEAN ...
Category BreakfastEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
PEPPER, SAUSAGE AND EGG CASSEROLE - MY FOOD AND FAMILY
Servings 8Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory DairyCalories 250 per serving
SAUSAGE AND EGG CASSEROLE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Servings 10Total Time 55 minsCategory Breakfast, BrunchCalories 271 per serving
KETO SAUSAGE EGG CASSEROLE - FOOD TIPS - TRYTHIS!
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
SERVED UP WITH LOVE: SAUSAGE AND EGG CASSEROLE
Servings 6-10Total Time 25 minsEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
OVERNIGHT EGG CASSEROLE WITH SPINACH, SAUSAGE AND CHEESE ...
CLASSIC SAUSAGE AND EGG CASSEROLE - FAMILY FOOD ON THE TABLE
SAUSAGE CHEESE AND POTATO EGG CASSEROLE - ALL INFORMATION ...
EGG AND SAUSAGE CASSEROLE RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
SAUSAGE AND EGG BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - GREAT GRUB ...
SAUSAGE, EGG, AND POTATO BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - PAULA DEEN
SAUSAGE CASSEROLE RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
SAUSAGE EGG CASSEROLE – BASS FARM SAUSAGE