- 3 cups Homemade Chicken Stock, or canned low-sodium chicken broth, skimmed of fat
- 2 cups low-sodium clam juice
- Pinch of saffron
- 1 cup sugar-snap peas, tough strings removed, cut in half on the bias
- 2 links chicken sausage, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 12 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 squid, (about 1 pound), cleaned and cut into 1-inch rings
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch-long matchsticks
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch-long matchsticks
- 1 pound uncooked paella rice
- 1 pound cockles and mussels
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 plum tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Olive-oil cooking spray
- Place stock, clam juice, and saffron in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Prepare an ice bath. Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil, and blanch sugar snap peas until bright green and just tender, about 1 minute. Using a slotted spoon, transfer peas to ice bath; let cool. Drain, and set aside.
- Coat a paella pan (or a 6-quart Dutch oven that measures 11 inches in diameter and 5 inches in height) with cooking spray; set over medium-high heat. Add sausage, and cook until well browned, turning, about 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp, and cook 1 1/2 minutes. Add squid, and cook until opaque, about 1 1/2 minutes more. Transfer seafood and sausage to a plate, and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic, and bell peppers to paella pan; saute until onions are translucent, about 3 minutes. Add uncooked rice; saute until translucent, 1 to 2 minutes more. Add 4 cups reserved stock mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, and cover. Cook until most liquid has been absorbed and the rice is just tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place remaining cup of stock mixture, cockles, and mussels in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Cover, and bring to boil. Cook until all shells have opened, 2 to 3 minutes; discard any that remain closed.
- Add paprika, black pepper, tomatoes, shrimp, squid, and sausage to rice mixture; combine. Add cockles, mussels, and cooking liquid to mixture, being careful to leave behind any residue in saute pan. Stir in parsley; garnish with peas. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 585 g, Cholesterol 258 g, Fat 11 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 44 g, Sodium 904 g
Whip up this easy version of the traditional Spanish seafood dish straight from the storecupboard. Add extras such as chorizo and peas if you like
Provided by Jane Hornby
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 10
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp each hot smoked paprika and dried thyme
- 300g paella or risotto rice
- 3 tbsp dry sherry or white wine (optional)
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with garlic
- 900ml chicken stock
- 400g frozen seafood mix
- 1 lemon, ½ juiced, ½ cut into wedges
- handful of flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add the onion and soften for 5 mins.
- Add the smoked paprika, thyme and paella rice, stir for 1 min, then splash in the sherry, if using. Once evaporated, stir in the chopped tomatoes and chicken stock.
- Season and cook, uncovered, for about 15 mins, stirring now and again until the rice is almost tender and still surrounded with some liquid.
- Stir in the seafood mix and cover with a lid. Simmer for 5 mins, or until the seafood is cooked through and the rice is tender. Squeeze over the lemon juice, scatter over the parsley and serve with the lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 431 calories, Fat 5 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 66 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 5 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 34 grams protein, Sodium 2.1 milligram of sodium
Although paella can be done entirely on top of the stove, it will cook more evenly if placed in a hot oven for the final 10 to 15 minutes, uncovered, with any quick-cooking seafood spread on top. When the paella is removed from the oven, the rice should be slightly underdone. A tent of foil is then placed on top, and the paella allowed to rest at least 10 minutes, so the rice can finish cooking.
Provided by Florence Fabricant
Categories dinner, project, main course
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- 6 cups stock, half chicken and half seafood or shrimp
- 1/2 tablespoon saffron threads
- 12 monkfish medallions, about 1 1/2 pounds total
- 4 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 pound chorizo, skin removed, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 3 cups short-grain rice, preferably Spanish
- 2 cups fresh green peas
- 1 small red bell pepper, seared over flame to blacken skin, then peeled, cored and cut in strips
- 1 small green bell pepper, seared over flame, peeled, cored and cut in strips
- 18 large shrimp, peeled and deveined, about 1 pound
- 1 pound medium-size mussels
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- Place stock in saucepan and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and add saffron. Set aside. Rub monkfish with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat remaining oil in 17-inch paella pan, placed over 2 burners if necessary, or divide between two pans. Add onion and garlic and cook over low heat until soft. Add chorizo and saute briefly. Add rice and stir to coat.
- Add stock and stir. Simmer 10 minutes. Check seasoning, adding salt and pepper if necessary. Stir in peas and place strips of peppers, alternating colors, around pan like spokes on a wheel. Place shrimp and monkfish around pan; add mussels, hinge-side down.
- Place in oven and bake until shrimp and monkfish are cooked and mussels have opened, about 15 minutes. Discard any unopened mussels. Remove from oven, cover loosely with foil and set aside 10 minutes. Scatter scallions on top and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 693, UnsaturatedFat 12 grams, Carbohydrate 71 grams, Fat 18 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 57 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 1514 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams, TransFat 0 grams
Egg whites vary in size, and the quantity of whites used in a meringue affects its texture. When making these cookies, it's best to use a liquid measuring...
Provided by Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez
Provided by Chuck Williams
Provided by Frank Randazzo
These low-carb, gluten-free hamburger buns are made with ground almonds, coconut flour, and flax seed.
Provided by myketorecipes
Provided by Daniel Humm
A delicious combination of red pepper sauce, fresh basil, almonds, broccoli florets, and pasta.
Provided by jessica
A brilliant recipe for making with children, making classic custard creams in your favourite shapes.
Provided by simonbeal
My daughter-in-law (and Test Kitchen gal), Krissi, is a rice pudding aficionado and she gives this recipe two enthusiastic thumbs-up. If you've never made...
Provided by maureen gorman
Provided by Lora Zarubin
Provided by á-32809
Serve up a cheesy dinnertime classic with the Turkey and Broccoli Casserole Recipe. Condensed cheddar cheese soup makes this Turkey and Broccoli Casserole...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by My Food and Family
Chocolate and peanut butter are at it again, this time in a refrigerator pie that delivers all the creamy goodness you can pour into a cookie crust.
Provided by My Food and Family
People also searched
More about "seafood paella"
SEAFOOD PAELLA RECIPE - SPANISH SABORES
5/5 (22)Total Time 50 minsCategory MainCalories 621 per serving
- In a large saucepan over high heat, bring the white wine and seafood stock to a simmer. Add a pinch of saffron threads and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, put a large (16-inch) paella pan (see notes) over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. When hot, add the onion to the pan and saute until translucent, stirring often.
- Add the garlic and cook until aromatic (about 1-2 minutes). Before it starts to brown, add the tomato and stir, adding in the paprika and a pinch of salt. Continue to stir and saute until the tomatoes are reduced and the oil is sizzling.
- Gently add the squid to the pan and stir to coat in the tomato mixture. Saute for about a minute, to give some color to the squid.
PAELLA RECIPE - JO COOKS
4.4/5 (194)Total Time 1 hrCategory Dinner, Main CourseCalories 427 per serving
- Cook chicken and sausage: In a large paella pan heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and sausage, season with salt and pepper, then cook for about 5 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Add onion and garlic: Move the chicken and sausage to one side of the pan, then add the onion to the other half, season with a bit of salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes until the onion becomes translucent and soft. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Cook the rice: Add the arborio and fire roasted tomatoes to the pan and stir well. Let the rice cook in the sauce from the tomatoes for about 5 minutes, you will notice it will start to brown on the bottom, which is what you're looking for. Add the broth, hot sauce, smoked paprika, saffron and season with salt and pepper if needed. Stir everything together and cover with a large lid. Cook for about 15 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed by the rice, without stirring. The rice will not be cooked through at this time.
- Add seafood: Turn down the heat to medium-low. Arrange the shrimp, mussels and clams over the rice, cover with a lid again and cook for another 10 minutes or until the mussels and clams open up.
SPANISH SEAFOOD PAELLA RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (3)Total Time 1 hr 45 minsCategory One Dish MealCalories 887 per serving
- Combine the oil, onion, and garlic in a 12- to 14-inch skillet or paella pan and place over low heat.
- Add the chicken pieces a few at a time and cook until lightly browned, sprinkling them with a little of the salt, pepper and paprika as they cook.
CHICKEN SEAFOOD PAELLA | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
Servings 6Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory MainsCalories 858 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC/375ºF/gas 5. Quarter each piece of chicken, then season with sea salt and black pepper and dust with flour.
- Heat a splash of oil in a large, deep pan on a medium heat and fry the chicken until golden brown all over, then transfer to a baking tray and place in the oven for 20 minutes, or until cooked through.Meanwhile, slice the chorizo, peel and finely chop the onion and garlic, and pick and finely chop the parsley leaves, finely chopping the stalks.Put the pan back on the heat, add the sliced chorizo and pancetta or bacon and fry until browned and crispy.
- Meanwhile, gently heat the chicken stock and infuse half with the saffron.Add the smoked paprika, the rice and infused stock to the pan and leave to cook on a medium heat for around 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.Meanwhile, halve the squid and lightly score all over with a regular eating knife (if using).When the time's up, add the remaining stock, peas, prawns, and the mussels and squid (if using).
SEAFOOD PAELLA | SEAFOOD RECIPES | JAMIE MAGAZINE RECIPES
Servings 8Total Time 2 hrs 10 minsCategory MainsCalories 946 per serving
- Start by making the stock. Peel and roughly chop the onion, then peel the garlic, keeping them whole.Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat and sauté the onion, garlic, paprika, bay leaves and prawn shells and heads for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.Add the wine and fish stock and bring to the boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes, or until it starts to reduce.Strain through a colander into a large jug and set aside until needed (when you come to make the paella, just reheat the stock until hot, but not boiling).For the sofrito, peel and dice the onions and garlic, then add to a large frying pan over a medium-low heat with 3 tablespoons of olive oil and the paprika.
- Pour in the wine and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes, then coarsely grate in the tomatoes, discarding the skins.
SEAFOOD PAELLA RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
3.6/5 (112)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 6
- Purée chile, parsley, and 6 Tbsp. oil in a food processor until smooth; season chile-parsley oil with salt and set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a 13" paella pan or a 12" cast-iron skillet over medium-high. Cook pancetta, stirring occasionally, until browned and crisp, about 5 minutes. Add yellow onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 8–10 minutes. Add garlic and both paprikas and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Carefully add Sherry, bring to a simmer, and cook, stirring constantly, until pan is almost dry, about 3 minutes. Add rice and cook, stirring occasionally, until rice is coated and starting to turn translucent, about 3 minutes. Stir in broth, orange zest, and saffron; season with salt. Bring broth to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until rice is nearly tender, 12–15 minutes.
- Pluck out zest. Nestle clams into rice in center of pan and cook until clams begin to open, 12–15 minutes. Cover pan with foil and simmer until rice is al dente and clams open (discard any that don’t), 8–10 minutes. Remove from heat (keep covered) and let rice steam 10 minutes.
- While paella cooks, heat a grill pan over medium-high. Separately, toss spring onions, haricots verts, and prawns with 1 Tbsp. oil each in bowls; season with salt and pepper. Grill spring onions, turning occasionally, until greens are charred and bulbs are tender, about 5 minutes. Next, grill haricots verts, turning occasionally, until lightly charred and tender, about 2 minutes, then grill prawns until cooked through and shells are charred, about 3 minutes per side. Finally, grill lemons until charred, about 1 minute per side.
SEAFOOD PAELLA RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Cuisine SpanishTotal Time 1 hr 50 minsCategory Dinner, Main CourseCalories 384 per serving
- To make the stock, heat the oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat and add the onion, tomatoes, garlic, and reserved prawn shells and heads. Cook for 3-4 mins, then pour in 2 litres of water and add the stock cube and star anise. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 30 mins. Leave to cool slightly, then whizz in batches in a blender or food processor. Strain through a fine sieve.
- Heat the oil in a large paella pan or an extra-large frying pan. Brown the monkfish for a few mins each side, then remove and set aside. Add the onion and fry for 4-5 mins until softened.
- Stir in the rice and cook for 30 secs to toast. Add the garlic, paprika, cayenne (if using) and saffron, cook for another 30 secs, then stir in the tomatoes and 1.5 litres of the fish stock. Bring to the boil, then turn down to a simmer and cook, stirring, for about 10 mins (the rice should still be al dente). Return the monkfish to the pan with the prawns, mussels, peas and broad beans.
EASY SEAFOOD PAELLA RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
Servings 6Total Time 45 minsCategory Lunch
- Peel the prawns, leaving the tails intact. Gently pull out the dark vein from each prawn back, starting at the head end. Cut the fish fillets into 2.5 cm (1 inch) cubes. Scrub the mussels and pull out the hairy beards. Discard any broken mussels or those that don't close when tapped. Refrigerate the seafood, covered, until ready to use.
- Heat the oil in a paella pan or a large deep frying pan (about 32 cm/ 13 inches diameter) with a lid. Add the onion, garlic, capsicum, and chilli to the pan and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, or until the onion and capsicum are soft. Add the paprika, turmeric and 1 teaspoon salt and stir-fry for 1–2 minutes, or until aromatic.
- Add the tomato and cook for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add the tomato paste. Stir in the rice until it is well coated.
- Pour in the wine and simmer until almost absorbed. Add all the fish stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until almost all the liquid is absorbed into the rice. There is no need to stir the rice, but you may occasionally need to fluff it up with a fork to separate the grains.
EASY SEAFOOD PAELLA RECIPE (FULL TUTORIAL) | THE ...
4.9/5 (74)Calories 516 per servingCategory Entree
- In a large pot, bring 3 cups of water to a rolling boil. Add the lobster tails and let boil very briefly (1-2 minutes) until pink. Turn the heat off. Remove the lobster tails with a pair of tongs. Do not discard the lobster cooking water. When the lobster is cool enough to handle, remove the shell and cut into large chunks.
- In a large deep pan or cast iron skillet, heat 3 tbsp olive oil. Turn the heat to medium-high and add the chopped onions. Saute the onions for 2 minutes then add the rice, and cook for 3 more minutes, stirring regularly. Now add the chopped garlic and the lobster cooking water. Stir in the saffron and it's soaking liquid, paprika, cayenne pepper, aleppo pepper, and salt. Stir in the chopped tomatoes and green beans. Bring to a boil and let the liquid slightly reduce, then cover (with lid or tightly with foil) and cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and spread the shrimp over the rice, pushing it into the rice slightly. Add a little water if needed. Cover and cook for another 10 minutes or until the shrimp turns pink. Finally, add the cooked lobster chunks. When the lobster is warmed through, turn heat off. Garnish with parsley.
SEAFOOD PAELLA (PAELLA DE MARISCO) - THE DARING GOURMET
4.4/5 (24)Total Time 40 minsServings 4Calories 431 per serving
- Heat the oil in a pan (I'm using a 38 cm paella pan) and cook the onions until soft and translucent, 3-4 minutes. Add the bell peppers and cook for another 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for a minute.
- Add the rice and stir it around until the rice grains are covered in oil. (This accomplishes three things: 1) It helps prevent the rice from releasing too much starch while cooking, 2) it helps prevent the rice from sticking together, and 3) it helps improve the texture of the rice by preventing it from becoming mushy.) Add the white wine and bring it to a boil for one minute.
- Add the peas and smoked paprika and stir to combine. Spread the rice mixture out on the bottom of the pan so that it's evenly distributed. Pour in the Aneto Seafood Paella Cooking Base.
SEAFOOD PAELLA RECIPE | RICE RECIPES | TESCO REAL FOOD
5/5 (98)Category DinnerCuisine SpanishTotal Time 50 mins
SEAFOOD PAELLA RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
Ratings 25Calories 680 per servingCategory Dinner, Grill
SEAFOOD PAELLA - A TASTY MESS
5/5 (1)Servings 6-8Cuisine SpanishEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
SEAFOOD PAELLA RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
3.4/5 (20)Servings 4
HOW TO MAKE SEAFOOD PAELLA – RECIPE | FOOD | THE GUARDIAN
Author Felicity CloakeEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
AUTHENTIC SPANISH SEAFOOD PAELLA RECIPE - SPAIN ON A FORK
4.9/5 (7)Category Main CourseCuisine SpanishCalories 365 per serving
PAELLA SEAFOOD RECIPE, THE MOST AUTHENTIC SPANISH PAELLA
SPANISH SEAFOOD PAELLA - YUMMY ADDICTION
5/5 (8)Calories 665 per servingTotal Time 1 hr
- In a paella pan or a large skillet (I used a 12-inch non-stick skillet), add the olive oil and fry the onion until soft. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Add the tomatoes, sugar, salt, paprika, and saffron and stir well. Cook until the tomatoes are thickened and reduced (5-7 minutes).
- Add the squid and cook, stirring, for a couple of minutes. Add the rice and stir to coat the grains.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, mix the stock and wine and bring to a boil. Pour over the rice and bring to a boil once again. Add more salt, if needed. Spread the rice out evenly in the skillet and from now on don't stir it anymore.
- Cook over medium-low heat for about 25 minutes. Move and rotate the pan so that the rice cooks evenly. After about 15 minutes, lay the shrimp on top. Cook until they have become pink on both sides. If the rice looks to dry, add more boiling stock.
SEAFOOD PAELLA - DINNER AT THE ZOO
5/5 (10)Calories 440 per servingCategory Main
- Pour the chicken broth into a pot and bring to a simmer. Stir in the saffron and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Remove the pot from the heat and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in an extra large deep skillet or paella pan (14 inches or larger) over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper, then cook for 4-5 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and smoked paprika, then cook for 30 seconds. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour in the chicken broth mixture and rice, and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the sausage, shrimp, mussels and clams to the pan. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until shrimp are pink and opaque and shellfish have opened. You may need to flip the shrimp halfway through so that they cook evenly. Turn the heat to high, and cook for 5 more minutes to form a crust on the bottom of the rice.
SPANISH SEAFOOD PAELLA RECIPE 【 AUTHENTIC 】| PAELLARECIPES.TOP
5/5 (34)Category MainCuisine SpanishTotal Time 55 mins
- Add it to boiling water You may want to add fish bones and heads, too. Let it cook for 30 min. Learn here how to prepare a proper fish stock
SEAFOOD PAELLA RECIPE - DAVID JOUD | FOOD & WINE
4/5 Total Time 1 hr 30 minsServings 12
- In a large bowl, mix the paprika, 1 tablespoon of the oil and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Add the chicken and toss. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Arrange the sole in a single layer in a shallow baking dish. In a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of the oil with 1 pinch of the saffron. Drizzle the oil over the fish and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan, combine the vegetable stock with the remaining pinch of saffron and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, cover and keep warm.
- In a 14-inch paella pan or cast-iron skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the chicken and cook over moderately high heat, turning, until browned all over, about 15 minutes; transfer to a platter.
SEAFOOD PAELLA - LITTLE SUNNY KITCHEN
5/5 (4)Total Time 20 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 308 per serving
- When the onion is tender and translucent, add peas, the seafood with the sauce and let it cook on medium heat for a few minutes.
- Microwave the steamed rice then add it to pan to simmer for 5 more minutes. You can add thin slices of red bell pepper at the end.
SEAFOOD PAELLA RECIPE - SEA HARVEST FISH RECIPES - VIEW ...
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Add tomatoes, smoked paprika and rice to the pan and sauté until the rice is coated in the olive oil.
- Add the cup of saffron infused stock to the rice mixture and allow to simmer. Reduce heat to medium low, cooking uncovered without stirring for 10 minutes, or until the stock has been absorbed.
- Cook for a further 10-20 minutes or until the mussels and calamari are cooked and prawns have turned an orange-pink colour.
THE BEST EASY SEAFOOD PAELLA | THE JOYCE OF COOKING
Cuisine SpanishCategory Main CourseServings 6
- In your cast iron pan (on medium heat), add olive oil, chorizo sausage, onion, garlic and red pepper . Saute until onions starts to soften up.
- Add diced tomatoes, chicken stock (1 cup at a time), saffron, salt and pepper and turn the heat to medium low.
- Stir and let rice cook in the chicken stock. Once the chicken stocks evaporates, continue to add the rest of the chicken stock in (one cup at a time until finish)
SEAFOOD PAELLA - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
4.6/5 (22)Total Time 40 minsCategory DinnerCalories 431 per serving
- Place a large, deep pan (approximately 11-12inches/30cm) over high heat. Drizzle the calamari and shrimp with olive oil and season with salt then sear in the hot pan until a little color develops but the seafood isn't cooked fully yet.
CLASSIC SEAFOOD PAELLA - A MOUTH WATERING PAELLA RECIPE
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Main Course, Main DishCalories 302 per serving
- Start by peeling shrimp and reserving shells in a medium saucepan. Add 5 cups water and bring to a boil for 10 minutes. While water is boiling, toast saffron threads in a small saucepan for 2 minutes, careful not to burn. Toasting will bring out the robust, aromatic flavor. Set aside. Strain broth mixture, reserve broth and discard shells. Crumble saffron threads between your fingers straight into the broth. Add salt, stir and keep warm. It will develop a deep, red-orange color.
- Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in paella pan to medium heat. Add raw shrimp, saute for 2-3 minutes or until pink. Remove and set aside. Repeat with scallops, searing on both sides for 2 minutes. Lastly, saute calamari until opaque and slightly shriveled. Set aside.
- Add two teaspoons olive oil to hot paella pan. Add red bell pepper, sauteing until tender, but not soft and mushy. Remove and set aside.
- Next, make sofrito. Add last teaspoon olive oil, grated garlic, onion, and tomato. Saute until the liquid has evaporated and the mixture is thick approximately 15 minutes. Add smoked paprika and stir. If mixture starts to stick, add a small amount of water.
AUTHENTIC SEAFOOD PAELLA RECIPE WITH SAFFRON • HIP FOODIE MOM
5/5 (1)Category MainCuisine Spain, Spanish, ValenciaTotal Time 1 hr 25 mins
- Using your paella pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add in the onions and sauté until softened, for about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the garlic and continue to sauté until fragrant, for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Using a large sized saucepan or small pot, warm the butter and olive oil over medium-high heat, waiting until the butter has melted. Add in the minced shallots and garlic and sauté until the shallots are translucent and the garlic is fragrant, for about 1 to 2 minutes.
SEAFOOD PAELLA - FOOD LOVER'S MARKET
Cuisine SpanishEstimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory Easter Feast, SeafoodPublished 2017-02-17
- In a large heavy bottom pan, fry the chorizo sausage in olive oil until slightly browned.
- Add the saffron infused chicken stock and the cherry tomatoes, then season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer on a medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has reduced a bit.
- Continue to cook with a lid on the pan, stirring intermittently, until the rice is slightly al dente and the seafood mix is almost tender.
READ SEAFOOD PAELLA RECIPE ONLINE | LA TIENDA
5/5 (20)Category Main DishCuisine SpanishTotal Time 1 hr 55 mins
- Use a mortar and pestle to mash parsley, garlic, thyme and 1/8 tsp salt into a paste; stir in paprika.
BEST SEAFOOD PAELLA - BAKED AMBROSIA
5/5 (2)Total Time 55 minsCategory Main DishCalories 390 per serving
- In a large skillet (that has a lid), heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Sauté onions until translucent. Add red pepper and garlic and cook another 2 minutes. Add the rice and sauté until it begins to turn golden.
- Add the wine and stir until it evaporates. Lower the heat and add the tomatoes, saffron with its soaking water, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Pour chicken stock into pan and bring to a boil. Once it begins to boil, cover with lid and simmer on low heat for 20 minutes. Uncover and add seafood and peas. Give it a light stir. Cover and cook an additional 15 minutes or until seafood is cooked thoroughly.
SEAFOOD PAELLA RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Cuisine European, SpanishTotal Time 1 hr 45 minsCategory World Cuisine, European, SpanishCalories 590 per serving
- Heat olive oil in a very large pot over medium-high heat until it begins to smoke. Place chicken, skin-side down, into hot oil and cook until browned on the outside and no longer pink in the middle, about 5 minutes per side, flipping 4 times. Remove chicken from oil with a slotted spoon and let cool on a plate.
- Saute mushrooms, onion, and garlic in the hot oil until onions are translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add shrimp, sea scallops, lobster meat, red bell pepper, and green bell pepper; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Pull meat off the bones of the chicken thighs, discarding bones and skin or using to make a stock. Stir chicken meat into seafood-vegetable mixture.
- Mix rice, chicken stock, peas, tomatoes, saffron threads, and salt into seafood-vegetable mixture; cook, stirring frequently, until liquid is absorbed. Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer for 30 minutes.
SPANISH PAELLA RECIPE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
4.9/5 (244)Calories 535 per servingCategory Main Course
- *Please note, this is my version of Paella Mixta I learned to make while living in Madrid, Spain. I've simplified the recipe as best I could for anyone to be able to make without a special pan or equipment. There are MANY variations to Paella so please be respectful that my authentic recipe may be different from yours!
- Add olive oil to a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, bell peppers and garlic and cook until onion is translucent. Add chopped tomato, bay leaf, paprika, saffron salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 5 minutes. Add white wine and cook for 10 minutes. Taste and add salt if needed.
- Pour the broth slowly all around the pan and jiggle the pan to get the rice into an even layer. (Do not stir the mixture going forward!).
SEAFOOD CHORIZO PAELLA - GIRL WITH THE IRON CAST
4.5/5 (62)Calories 669 per servingCategory Seafood
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a large cast iron skillet or paella pan over med/high heat, add chorizo and sauté until browned about 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove and set aside leaving juices in pan.
- Lower heat to medium and add in diced yellow onion, red bell pepper, smoked paprika, pinch of salt & pepper. Sauté for 3-4 minutes until onions and peppers begin to soften. Add in the minced garlic and cook an additional minute until fragrant. Add 1/4 dry white wine and allow alcohol to cook off and liquid to reduce by half, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the can of diced tomatoes, seafood broth, and clam juice. Bring to a boil. Add in a pinch of saffron threads, chorizo, and rice. Stir the rice once so that the liquid is covering, lower the heat to low, cover, and simmer undisturbed for 15 minutes. (This allows rice to get crispy layer on the bottom).
- After 15 minutes, remove the cover, and there should still be liquid that hasn't absorbed yet. Add in the frozen peas, stir to combine. Then add the seafood on top, with the opening of the clams/mussels facing up for them to easily open. Cover and cook an additional 15-20 minutes, until the clams/mussels have opened, and shrimp are pink/cooked through. Discard any mussels that have not opened. If clams are still shut, take a knife and try to wiggle it open to see if the muscles release and it opens.
PAELLA RECIPE: SEAFOOD-AND-CHICKEN WITH CHORIZO | FOOD & WINE
5/5 Category Paella
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a 10-inch paella pan or ovenproof skillet, cook the chorizo over moderate heat, breaking it up with a spoon, until some of the fat is rendered and the chorizo is browned, 4 minutes. Add the onion and garlic and cook over low heat, stirring, until softened and just beginning to brown, 8 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, rice, saffron with its liquid and the 1 1/2 cups of water. Season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over low heat, without stirring, until the rice is al dente and the liquid is absorbed, 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat the 1/4 cup of olive oil until shimmering. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper, add them to the skillet and cook over high heat, turning once, until pink and cooked through, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the shrimp to the rice. Discard the oil.
- Wipe out the skillet. Pour in the wine and lemon juice. Add the mussels and cockles, cover and cook, shaking the skillet, until the mussels open, about 3 minutes. Pour the mussels and cockles and their cooking liquid over the rice.
- Stir the cooked chicken into the rice. Cover and cook in the oven for about 5 minutes, until the paella is just heated through. Garnish with the parsley and scallion, drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and serve.
GUSTO TV - SEAFOOD PAELLA
Servings 4Category Mains
SEAFOOD PAELLA RECIPE - COOK WITH CAMPBELLS CANADA
Servings 6Carbohydrate 5 gCalories 220Calories 220 per serving
⭐ HOW TO MAKE THE AUTHENTIC SPANISH SEAFOOD PAELLA RECIPE ⭐
5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr
SEAFOOD PAELLA | METRO
4/5 (10)Total Time 50 minsServings 4
AUTHENTIC SEAFOOD PAELLA RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Ratings 15Calories 784 per servingCategory World Cuisine, European, Spanish
SEAFOOD PAELLA RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
3.3/5 (111)Servings 6-8
SEAFOOD PAELLA | COMMUNITY RECIPES | NIGELLA'S RECIPES ...
PAELLA - WIKIPEDIA
Main ingredients Short grain rice, chicken, rabbit, …Region or state ValenciaPlace of origin SpainServing temperature warm
SEAFOOD PAELLA RECIPE | TIA MOWRY | FOOD NETWORK
5/5 (17)Author Tia MowryServings 8-10Category Main-Dish
SEAFOOD PAELLA RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
4.5/5 (11)Author Greg Firestone and Chalor FirestoneCuisine AmericanCategory Main-Dish
SEAFOOD PAELLA – DIANA'S SEAFOOD