SPAGHETTI SAUCE WITH GROUND BEEF
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Combine ground beef, onion, garlic, and green pepper in a large saucepan. Cook and stir until meat is brown and vegetables are tender. Drain grease.
- Stir diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and tomato paste into the pan. Season with oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Simmer spaghetti sauce for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 185.1 calories, Carbohydrate 15 g, Cholesterol 34.8 mg, Fat 9.3 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 12.4 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, Sodium 930.8 mg, Sugar 8.6 g
BEEF SPAGHETTI SAUCE
Need to feed a group? This easy sauce requires just minutes of preparation and simmers 'til supper time. It's shared by Kimberly Rockwell of Charlotte, North Carolina.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the mushrooms; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 163 calories, Fat 5g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 28mg cholesterol, Sodium 516mg sodium, Carbohydrate 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE SAUCE (BEEF AND ITALIAN SAUSAGE)
I've been working on this recipe for years--tweaking and fussing, and I believe it is about ready. My family and friends love it. I also use it as meat sauce filling for lasagna.
Provided by Pokey in San Antonio
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 22
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb link Italian sausage
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1 1/2 cups onions (diced)
- 1 cup bell pepper (diced)
- 1 cup mushroom (sliced)
- 1 cup red wine
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons marjoram (dried)
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Brown ground beef, season to taste with salt and pepper, drain and set aside.
- Cut link sausage up into meatball size pieces, brown, drain, and set aside. I use Thomasville Hot. If making sauce for lasagna, remove sausage from casings and brown with the ground beef.
- Sauté garlic, onion, and bell pepper in olive oil, just until the onions are translucent.
- Add meat, tomato sauce, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, herbs and spices, mushrooms, sugar, and wine. I use fresh mushrooms, and a red burgandy for a deeper earthy flavor. Omit mushrooms if making sauce for lasagna.
- Simmer on medium low for at least one hour, stirring occasionally.
- When ready to serve, mix corn starch with water and add to sauce, along with both cheeses to thicken.
- When cheese is incorporated, and sauce has thickened, serve over your choice of pasta or use as a meat filling for lasagna.
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook ground beef spaghetti?Directions. Combine ground beef, onion, garlic, and green pepper in a large saucepan. Cook and stir until meat is brown and vegetables are tender. Stir diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and tomato paste into the pan. Season with oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Simmer spaghetti sauce for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
What kind of meat is used in spaghetti sauce?This basic spaghetti sauce recipe is made with lean ground beef, oregano, basil, garlic, onion, and tomato paste, but you could also add some ground Italian sausage to the beef, or add extra ground beef for meat lovers.
What can I use instead of ground beef in spaghetti sauce?Meat: Instead of beef, try other ground meat like Italian sausage, ground turkey, or ground pork in this recipe. Try a mixture of ground meat or use beef stew meat and shred it when the sauce is finished. Veggies: Sautéed veggies like mushrooms, celery, zucchini, red peppers, and carrots will make this sauce even heartier and flavorful.
What is the best way to cook ground beef in sauce?Combine ground beef, onion, garlic, and green pepper in a large saucepan. Cook and stir until meat is brown and vegetables are tender. Drain grease. Stir diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and tomato paste into the pan.
Provided by preachergirl
I saw this trick on "The Secret Life of Cake" on the Food Network. Haven't tried it yet, but I will next time I feel like cheating :lol:
Provided by puppitypup
Make and share this Sausage-And- Zucchini Skillet Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
Provided by SarahBeth
When zucchini season rolls around, you know you'll be looking for a recipe like this: quick and delicious Zucchini Lasagna, ready in an hour.
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by Mommy Diva
Make and share this Scalloped New Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
Our tasters went nuts for these muffins - they're moist, fragrant, and put big old bakery muffins to shame. The orange zest in the glaze kicks up the orange...
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Make and share this Vegetable Spaghetti With Squash Noodles recipe from Food.com.
Provided by 49flavours
"This is a very simple cream filling. It can be frozen, and will not weep! I usually double the recipe for 1 batch of lady locks (approximately 120 cookies.)...
Provided by @MakeItYours
Make and share this Crock Pot Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
Provided by casha
Slices of potato folded with herbs, butter, and sour cream and then baked to a golden brown. Not your "every day" fare! Irresistibly rich and delicious,...
Provided by Happy Harry 2
When is a Bakewell Tart not a Bakewell Tart is a question often asked? When it is a Bakewell Pudding. I can say that even in Bakewell, the town of origin...
Provided by @MakeItYours
Make and share this Easy French Onion Dip recipe from Food.com.
Provided by vannesakelly
I heard this cookie recipe over the radio about 1950-shortly after my husband and I married. The big spicy treats are so nice and chewy, they remain my...
Provided by @MakeItYours
How to make Giant Spice Cookies Recipe
Provided by @MakeItYours
Provided by Food Network
Chewy fruit cookies are warmed in the microwave and topped with ice cream, chocolate topping and walnuts for a unique sundae.
Provided by My Food and Family
Slightly spiced and super moist applesauce cake goes perfectly with a soft and luscious cream cheese and caramel frosting. This is the stuff fall dreams...
Provided by @MakeItYours
Macaroni is a great addition to this family favorite. Cooking the macaroni with the ground beef and seasonings makes cleanup a snap.
Provided by @MakeItYours
People also searched
More about "spaghetti sauce with ground beef food"
EASY AND DELICIOUS SPAGHETTI SAUCE WITH GROUND BEEF …
Reviews 41Category Recipes
- 1. Brown the beef in a skillet over medium-high heat until just cooked brown. Drain off the excess fat.
- 2. Add the onions, garlic and pepper and saute with the meat until the onions are soft and translucent.
- 3. Add all the remaining ingredients, stir well and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat to simmer and cook for around 30 minutes.
SPAGHETTI WITH MEAT SAUCE | WITH JARRED MARINARA - MOM'S ...
5/5 (3)Servings 5Cuisine American, ItalianCategory Dinner
- Add the ground beef and cook through while crumbling. If there is excess grease drain it off before moving on.
- Stir in the oregano, basil, onion powder, and garlic powder. Warm the spices through for 1 minute.
SPAGHETTI WITH BOLOGNESE SAUCE RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
5/5 (108)Total Time 1 hr 45 minsCategory Ground Beef Recipes
- Make sauce: In a Dutch oven (or 5-quart saucepan), heat oil over high heat. Add onions, carrots, and garlic; cook, stirring, until slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Add beef and pork; cook, breaking up meat with a spoon, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato paste; cook 1 minute. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add wine and tomatoes. Bring sauce to a simmer; cook, partially covered, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 1 hour. Add milk; simmer until completely absorbed, about 15 minutes more. Season again with salt and pepper.
- When sauce is almost done, cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente, according to package instructions; drain. Toss pasta with half the meat sauce; save remaining sauce for next day. Serve sprinkled with cheese.
SPAGHETTI SAUCE RECIPE | REE DRUMMOND | FOOD NETWORK
5/5 (65)Steps 6Difficulty EasyTotal Time 2 hrs 15 mins
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef until totally browned. Remove the meat from the pot with a slotted spoon and put into a bowl. Set aside.
- Discard any grease in the pot, but do not clean the pot. Drizzle in the olive oil. When it is heated, throw in the diced onions. Stir it around for 1 1/2 minutes, and then add the garlic. Stir and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and marinara sauce. Stir to combine, and then add the sugar, salt, oregano, thyme, crushed red pepper (if using) and bay leaves. Stir, then add the cooked ground beef and stir to combine. Place the lid on the pot and allow to simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Add a little water or some low-sodium broth if it needs more liquid.
- After an hour, add the minced parsley, basil and the Parmesan rind if using (or grated Parmesan if you prefer--or both!). Stir to combine, and then put the lid back on and allow it to simmer for another 30 minutes or so. Discard the bay leaves before serving.
ONE-POT CHEESY GROUND BEEF PASTA - MY GORGEOUS RECIPES
3.7/5 (31)Calories 374 per servingCategory Main Course
- Add the pasta and beef stock, cover the pan with a lid, and leave to cook until the liquid is absorbed and the pasta is cooked.
SPAGHETTI SAUCE WITH GROUND BEEF | NORINE'S NEST
4.4/5 (10)Total Time 4 hrs 20 minsCategory Main DishesCalories 269 per serving
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, add 4 Tablespoons of olive oil and saute garlic for 1-2 minutes.
- Add 1 pound of ground beef and 2 cups of mushrooms. Cook until beef is brown and mushrooms are soft.
SPAGHETTI WITH BACON AND BEEF SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
5/5 (5)Author Rachael RayServings 4Difficulty Easy
- Heat a drizzle of EVOO in a pot over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook until browned. Transfer the bacon to a plate and pour the fat from the pot. Add 2 turns of the pan of EVOO. Pat the beef dry, then add it to the pot and cook until browned, crumbling the meat with a wooden spoon. Add the garlic, bay leaves, chile pepper, onions, cloves, a little salt and lots of pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes. Add the wine and deglaze the pan, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom. Add the beef stock and tomato paste, then stir in the crushed tomatoes and bacon. Simmer until thickened.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta and season with salt. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking liquid, then drain the pasta. Add the cooking liquid and the pasta to the sauce and toss to combine.
- Cook's Note: If you are not serving the sauce immediately, cool and store in the refrigerator. Reheat over medium heat.
SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE | RECIPETIN EATS
5/5 (217)Total Time 40 minsCategory DinnerCalories 510 per serving
- Heat oil in a large pot or deep skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic, cook for 3 minutes or until light golden and softened.
- Add red wine. Bring to simmer and cook for 1 minute, scraping the bottom of the pot, until the alcohol smell is gone.
- Add remaining ingredients except salt and pepper. Stir, bring to a simmer then turn down to medium so it bubbles gently. Cook for 20 - 30 minutes (no lid), adding water if the sauce gets too thick for your taste. Stir occasionally.
SPAGHETTI SAUCE (THE BEST) | RICARDO
5/5 (496)Total Time 3 hrs 55 minsCategory Main DishesCalories 140 per serving
SPAGHETTI SAUCE WITH 80/20 GROUND BEEF 1/2 C SERVING ...
Servings 10Calories 229 per serving
SPAGHETTI SAUCE WITH GROUND BEEF RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
SLOW COOKER SPAGHETTI SAUCE - DAMN DELICIOUS
5/5 (14)Estimated Reading Time 4 minsServings 6
SPAGHETTI SAUCE WITH GROUND BEEF & SAUSAGE
Reviews 1Servings 6Cuisine ItalianCategory Main Dish
EASY WEEKNIGHT SPAGHETTI WITH MEAT SAUCE RECIPE
5/5 (14)Calories 486 per servingCategory Dinner
BEEFY SPAGHETTI SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.1/5 (33)Total Time 20 minsCategory Dinner, Entree, Main Course, PastaCalories 435 per serving
70 RECIPES USING PASTA SAUCE TO MAKE FOR DINNER TONIGHT ...
10 BEST GROUND BEEF SPAGHETTI SAUCE CASSEROLE RECIPES | …
SPAGHETTI RECIPE WITH GROUND BEEF - GONNA WANT SECONDS
5/5 (2)Calories 494 per servingCategory Main Course
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add beef to the pot, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and crumble into small chunks with a wooden spoon and cook until lightly browned. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate.
- Drain all but 2 tablespoons of the fat from the pan and set over medium-low heat (if you don't have enough fat in the pan, add a tablespoon of olive oil). Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic and cook, until onion is translucent, about 7 minutes.
- Return beef to pot then stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, and sugar. Bring sauce to a boil, then immediately reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 1 hour. Adjust seasoning as needed.
- Meanwhile cook spaghetti in well-salted water, according to package instructions. Drain well and toss with sauce. Sprinkle with parsley and serve. Pass grated Parmesan.
SOUTHERN SPAGHETTI SAUCE - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
4.9/5 (27)Category Dinner, Main DishCuisine SouthernCalories 335 per serving
- Add onion and green pepper and saute until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds.
HOMEMADE SPAGHETTI SAUCE WITH GROUND BEEF RECIPE - …
5/5 (1)Total Time 45 minsCategory SaucesCalories 311 per serving
EASY HOMEMADE BEEF PASTA SAUCE
Cuisine ItalianCategory Side DishServings 4Total Time 45 mins
- Heat stockpot over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef, onion and garlic; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking beef into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings, as necessary.
- Stir in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, tomato paste and crushed red pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes to develop flavors, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; season with salt and stir in basil, if desired.
- Serve over pasta and sprinkle with cheese, if desired.Italian-Style Beef Sausage Variation: Prepare Italian-Style Beef Sausage by combining 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner) with 1 teaspoon fennel seed, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon coriander, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Proceed as directed in step 1.
EASY CREAMY GROUND BEEF PASTA • SALT & LAVENDER
4.6/5 (18)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 584 per serving
- Add the onion and olive oil to a large skillet (or small pot/Dutch oven) and cook for 4-5 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Add in the ground beef and garlic and continue cooking for another 8 minutes or so until the beef has browned (break the meat up with your spoon as you go along). Spoon out excess fat if there's a lot of it.
- Stir in the canned tomatoes, tomato paste, Dijon mustard, and Italian seasoning. Simmer for 4-5 minutes or until the sauce has reduced somewhat.
INSTANT POT SPAGHETTI - PRESSURE COOK RECIPES
5/5 (86)Total Time 30 minsCategory Dinner, LunchCalories 542 per serving
- *For Dump-and-Go-Meal: skip the browning, sauteing, and deglazing steps below. Make sure to break the ground beef into smaller chunks, then layer the seasoned ground beef chunks, onions, garlic, dried herbs at the bottom of the pot.
- Brown Ground Beef in Instant Pot (Flavor Booster): Heat up Instant Pot using "Sauté More" function. Wait until it says "HOT" (~8 mins). Add 1 tbsp (15ml) olive oil in Instant Pot (ensure the oil is coated over the whole bottom).Add in 1lb (454g) ground beef, then season generously with salt & ground black pepper. After browning for 5 minutes, discard the ground beef juice. Allow the ground beef to brown. Stir occasionally until they are slightly crisped (~5 – 7 mins). Taste then adjust with more salt & black pepper.
- Saute Onion & Herbs: Add in diced onions, minced garlic, 1.5 tsp (1.8g) dried basil, and 1.5 tsp (1.2g) dried oregano, then saute for another 2 minutes.
- Deglaze Instant Pot: Pour 1 cup (250ml) unsalted chicken stock in Instant Pot, then deglaze by scrubbing all the flavorful brown bits off the bottom with a wooden spoon. Give it a quick mix.
BAKED SPAGHETTI - MAMA LOVES FOOD
Ratings 4Calories 310 per servingCategory Main Course
- In a 9x13 baking dish combine spaghetti sauce, ricotta cheese, ground beef, and 3 cups mozzarella cheese.
SPAGHETTI SAUCE WITH GROUND BEEF MAKING THE BEST MEAT ...
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 minsCategory Easy DinnerCalories 282 per serving
INSTANT POT SPAGHETTI SAUCE | TESTED BY AMY + JACKY
5/5 (96)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory Dinner, Lunch, Main CourseCalories 338 per serving
- Prepare Pressure Cooker: Heat up your Instant Pot (press “Sauté” button and “Adjust” button to Sauté More function). Wait until the indicator says “HOT".
- Brown the Ground Beef: Season ground beef generously with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add 1 tbsp (15ml) olive oil in Instant Pot. Ensure the oil is coated over whole bottom of the pot. Add ground beef in Instant Pot. The ground beef will begin to release moisture. At the 5-minute mark, remove the ground beef juice and reserve it in a small mixing bowl. Allow the ground beef to brown. Stir occasionally until they are slightly crisped and browned (~5 – 7 minutes). Taste and adjust the seasoning with more kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- Make Umami Chicken Stock Mixture: While the ground beef is browning, mix 1 cup (250ml) unsalted chicken stock, 2 tbsp (30ml) fish sauce, 2 tbsp (30ml) regular soy sauce, 3 tbsp (49g) tomato paste, and 1 tbsp (15ml) Worcestershire sauce in a 500ml measuring cup.
- Sauté Onion, Garlic, Spices, and Vegetables: Add minced onions, minced garlic, 2 bay leaves, a pinch of dried oregano and dried basil. Sauté for about 5 minutes until the spices start to release their fragrance. Stir frequently. Add in the minced carrots and celery. Sauté for another 3 minutes. Taste & season with kosher salt and ground black pepper if desired.
HOMEMADE SPAGHETTI SAUCE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
4.9/5 Calories 303 per servingCategory Main Course
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, parsley, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, worcestershire, and sugar to the skillet.
SICILIAN SPAGHETTI SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (12)Total Time 3 hrsServings 4-6
- Remove casings from sausage, and discard. Cook sausage and ground beef in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat 6 minutes, stirring until meat crumbles. Add onion and garlic, and sauté 4 minutes or until beef and sausage are no longer pink. Drain and set aside. Wipe skillet clean.
- Combine sauce and next 7 ingredients in skillet or Dutch oven; cook, stirring occasionally, 1 hour. Add sausage mixture and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, 1 hour and 30 minutes or until mixture thickens. Serve over linguine; sprinkle with cheese. Serve with breadsticks, if desired.
SPAGHETTI AND MEAT SAUCE RECIPE | FOODIECRUSH.COM
4.4/5 (240)Total Time 3 hrs 25 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 365 per serving
DOCTORED UP SPAGHETTI SAUCE (FROM A JAR) - COCO AND ASH
4.8/5 (6)Category DinnerCuisine American, Italian
CLASSIC MEATY SPAGHETTI SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4/5 (23)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory Dinner, Lunch, Sauce, PastaCalories 267 per serving
OUR FAVORITE SPAGHETTI MEAT SAUCE - EASY RECIPES FOR HOME ...
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 45 minsCategory DinnerCalories 167 per serving
SPAGHETTI RECIPE WITH GROUND BEEF AND PREGO SAUCE ...
EASY SPAGHETTI SAUCE | FOOD BASICS
SPAGHETTI SAUCE WITH GROUND BEEF EASY - ALL INFORMATION ...
SPAGHETTI SAUCE WITH GROUND BEEF - ALLRECIPES.COM RECIPE
SPAGHETTI SAUCE WITH GROUND BEEF RECIPES
SPAGHETTI SAUCE GROUND BEEF RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
SPAGHETTI SAUCE WITH GROUND BEEF - FOOD & DRINKS BLOGGER
BEER CHEESE SPAGHETTI SAUCE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
10 BEST SPAGHETTI WITH MEAT SAUCE GROUND BEEF RECIPES | …
BAKED ZITI WITH LEFTOVER SPAGHETTI SAUCE
GROUND BEEF PASTA RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
HOMEMADE SPAGHETTI SAUCE WITH WORCESTERSHIRE RECIPES
10 BEST SPAGHETTI WITH MEAT SAUCE GROUND BEEF RECIPES | YUMMLY