VEGAN SWEET POTATO CHICKPEA CURRY
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon red chile flakes
- 1 cup baby spinach
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook onion, garlic, and ginger until softened, about 5 minutes. Add chickpeas, tomatoes, coconut milk, and sweet potato. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Season with garam masala, cumin, turmeric, chile flakes, and salt. Add spinach right before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 292.7 calories, Carbohydrate 22.3 g, Fat 21.6 g, Fiber 4.9 g, Protein 5.1 g, SaturatedFat 13.4 g, Sodium 515 mg, Sugar 3.4 g
SWEET POTATO & PEA CURRY
A fab, cheap, veggie curry, great for a student gathering. And the left overs will taste great the next day.
Provided by Lesley Waters
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 8
- 3 tbsp curry paste from a jar
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 450g potatoes , cut into chunks
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 900g) cut into chunks
- 600ml vegetable stock , from a cube is fine
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 175g frozen peas
- small bunch coriander , roughly chopped
- Heat the curry paste in a large pan and stir in the onion. Cover and cook for 5 mins, stirring occasionally, until softened. Add the potatoes, stock and coconut milk to the pan and bring to the boil.
- Turn the heat down and simmer the curry for 20 mins until the potato has softened. Add the peas, bring back to the boil and simmer for 2 mins more. Season to taste and spoon the curry into bowls. Scatter over the coriander before you tuck in.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 513 calories, Fat 20 grams fat, SaturatedFat 14 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 77 grams carbohydrates, Fiber 10 grams fiber, Protein 11 grams protein, Sodium 1.46 milligram of sodium
SWEET POTATO CURRY WITH SPINACH AND CHICKPEAS
This a wonderfully full flavored, vegetarian curry. The recipe is adapted from a recipe that I received in an email from Vegetarian Times.
Provided by Kozmic Blues
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- 1/2 large sweet onions, chopped or 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 -2 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, washed, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (about 2 lbs)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, can substitute fresh if available
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- basmati rice or brown rice, for serving
- You may choose to cook the sweet potatoes however you prefer.
- I like to peel, chop and steam mine in a veggie steamer for about 15 minutes.
- Baking or boiling work well too.
- While sweet potatoes cook, heat 1-2 tsp of canola or vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and sauté 2-3 minutes, or until they begin to soften.
- Next, add the curry powder, cumin, and cinnamon, and stir to coat the onions evenly with spices.
- Add tomatoes with their juices, and the chickpeas, stir to combine.
- Add ½ cup water and raise heat up to a strong simmer for about a minute or two.
- Next, add the fresh spinach, a couple handfuls at a time, stirring to coat with cooking liquid.
- When all the spinach is added to the pan, cover and simmer until just wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked sweet potatoes to the liquid, and stir to coat.
- Simmer for another 3-5 minutes, or until flavors are well combined.
- Transfer to serving dish, toss with fresh cilantro, and serve hot.
- This dish is nice served over basmati or brown rice.
Top Asked Questions
How to cook sweet potatoes for Curry?Add the oat milk, chickpeas, tomatoes, coconut milk, sweet potato and stir to combine. Continue cooking until the mixture reaches a very low simmer. Simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking the curry (uncovered) over a very low simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sweet potatoes are softened, about 10 to 15 minutes.
What is a sweet potato and chickpea curry?A comforting sweet potato and chickpea vegetarian and vegan curry packed full of goodness, cooked in creamy coconut milk and served with yoghurt. Advertisement Subscribe to magazine delicious.delicious. Log in Register Log inRegister Recipes Recipes Drinks recipes Christmas cooking Main ingredients Main Ingredients Beef recipes Cheese recipes
What is the best way to cook chickpeas and sweet potatoes?Add the garlic, chilli flakes and ginger and fry for a further 3 minutes. Add the chickpeas, tomatoes and sweet potato to the pan. Add enough water (approximately 500ml/18fl oz) to cover the chickpeas and sweet potatoes and bring to a simmer, stirring to mix everything together.
Can I use boiled potatoes instead of peas in a curry?You can use boiled/cooked potatoes and cook them with the sauce for 5 minutes to coat and serve. Adjust the water for dryer sauce or more curry to preference. Add cooked chickpeas instead of peas. Potatoes have a bad rap for the high starch/carb content.
Egg whites vary in size, and the quantity of whites used in a meringue affects its texture. When making these cookies, it's best to use a liquid measuring...
Provided by Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez
Provided by Chuck Williams
Provided by Frank Randazzo
These low-carb, gluten-free hamburger buns are made with ground almonds, coconut flour, and flax seed.
Provided by myketorecipes
Provided by Daniel Humm
A delicious combination of red pepper sauce, fresh basil, almonds, broccoli florets, and pasta.
Provided by jessica
A brilliant recipe for making with children, making classic custard creams in your favourite shapes.
Provided by simonbeal
My daughter-in-law (and Test Kitchen gal), Krissi, is a rice pudding aficionado and she gives this recipe two enthusiastic thumbs-up. If you've never made...
Provided by maureen gorman
Provided by Lora Zarubin
Provided by á-32809
Serve up a cheesy dinnertime classic with the Turkey and Broccoli Casserole Recipe. Condensed cheddar cheese soup makes this Turkey and Broccoli Casserole...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by My Food and Family
Chocolate and peanut butter are at it again, this time in a refrigerator pie that delivers all the creamy goodness you can pour into a cookie crust.
Provided by My Food and Family
People also searched
More about "sweet potato pea curry food"
CURRIED SWEET POTATOES WITH GREEN PEAS • SIMPLE …
5/5 (2)Total Time 40 minsCategory Vegetable / Side DishCalories 116 per serving
- Bake or microwave the sweet potatoes in their skins, until done but still firm. When they are cool enough to handle, peel and chop them into large 1-inch pieces.
- Put the peas and tomatoes in a large saucepan set over medium heat and bring bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
SWEET POTATO CHICKPEA CURRY RECIPE | JAMIE MAGAZINE …
Servings 6Total Time 1 hrCategory Cheap & CheerfulCalories 371 per serving
- Peel, finely slice and add the onion along with the curry paste, mix well, then cook for 10 minutes, or until the onion is soft and golden, stirring occasionally.
CAULIFLOWER CURRY - FEELGOODFOODIE
Ratings 280Servings 8Cuisine IndianCategory Main Course
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy pot. Add the onions and cook until they're soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, and cilantro; and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the cauliflower and potatoes along with the red curry paste, curry, turmeric, coriander and cumin. Season with salt and pepper and saute for 5 more minutes until the vegetables are well coated with the curry paste and dish becomes very fragrant.
- Bring to a boil, then turn the heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower and potatoes are fork tender and the sauce thickens.
SWEET POTATO AND CHICKPEA MASALA RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
4.5/5 (34)Total Time 45 minsCategory Everyday Cooking, VegetarianCalories 515 per serving
- Melt ghee with oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute ginger and garlic in the ghee mixture until aromatic and lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add onion; continue to saute until the onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes more.
- Mix curry powder, cumin, coriander, chili powder, garam masala, and turmeric together in a bowl; add to the skillet and stir. Stir enough water into the skillet to get the mixture to be paste-like; cook to let the flavors intensify for about 30 seconds.
- Stir sweet potato, chickpeas, 1 cup water, and salt into the mixture in the skillet; cook at a simmer until the sweet potato is just tender, about 10 minutes. Thin the mixture with more water if too thick.
- Stir tomatoes into the sweet potato mixture, bring to a boil, and cook until the liquid reduces to a thick gravy, about 5 minutes. Garnish with cilantro.
SWEET POTATO AND CHICKPEA CURRY RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Cuisine IndianCategory Main CourseServings 4
SWEET POTATO & PEAS CUTLET RECIPE BY ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
4.8/5 Servings 4Cuisine IndianTotal Time 55 mins
CHICKPEA AND SWEET POTATO CURRY RECIPE - CHATELAINE
3.6/5 (135)Total Time 40 minsCategory RecipesCalories 249 per serving
VEGAN SWEET POTATO CURRY - RUNNING ON REAL FOOD
5/5 (4)Total Time 25 minsCategory Main DishCalories 374 per serving
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger to a large pan with 2 tbsp water and start cooking over medium heat. Cook while stirring for 4-6 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add the sweet potato, coconut milk and soy sauce and simmer lightly until the sweet potato is tender, approximately 12-15 minutes.
- Stir in the green peas and tofu. Stir to combine, turn off the heat and let sit on the element for 5 minutes to thicken a little.
CAULIFLOWER, POTATO, AND PEA CURRY RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
5/5 Servings 4
- In a large deep frying pan, heat the oil over moderate heat. Add the coriander, cumin, turmeric, and red-pepper flakes and stir. Add the cauliflower and potatoes and cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables start to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, 1/4 cup of the cilantro, the water, and the salt. Bring to a simmer, reduce the heat to low, and cook, covered, until the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in the peas and the remaining 1/4 cup cilantro and cook, covered, until the peas are tender, about 2 minutes longer.
PEANUT BUTTER SWEET POTATO CURRY WITH VEGGIES AND PEAS …
Ratings 47Calories 207 per servingCategory Main
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until translucent. Fold in the ginger.
- Add the rest of the ingredients till peas and mix well. It will take a few minutes for the nut butter to incorporate. Partially cover and cook for 15 minutes. (You can also add a cup of cooked chickpeas or lentils at this time or fold in some kale now or spinach with the peas).
- Taste and adjust salt, sweet and heat. Add a dash of lemon and cayenne if needed. You can also fold in a bit of garam masala or curry powder.
VEGAN BOMBAY POTATOES AND PEAS - VEGAN RICHA
Ratings 46Calories 232 per servingCategory Main
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add cumin and mustard seeds. Cook until the cumin seeds change color.
- Add the tomato puree and spices to the pan. Cook until the puree thickens and garlic smells roasted. 5 to 6 minutes.
GROUND TURKEY, SWEET POTATO & PEA CURRY RECIPE - …
5/5 (5)Total Time 45 minsCategory CurriesCalories 759 per serving
- In a large saucepan, heat the ghee/oil over medium-high heat. Saute the onion, pepper and garlic for 3-5 minutes, or until the onion has softened.
- Add the salt, turmeric, cinnamon, cumin, cardamom, chili powder, & ginger and combine well. Saute for 1 minute.
- Add the sweet potato, coconut milk, 1/2 cup water, tomato paste and sugar. Stir well & bring to a boil, then lower heat & simmer for 20 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are cooked through. Add the other 1/2 cup water if too much liquid gets cooked off to your liking.
QUICKPEA CURRY RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
Cuisine Asia, IndianCategory DinnerServings 6Total Time 50 mins
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; saute onion and garlic with curry powder until tender, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, chickpeas, sweet potato, coconut milk, sugar and pepper flakes; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until mixture is thickened and potatoes are tender, 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally., Meanwhile, prepare couscous and peas separately according to package directions.
SWEET POTATO CHICKPEA COCONUT CURRY - GIMME SOME OVEN
4.9/5 (33)Total Time 35 minsServings 4-6
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan or stockpot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened. Add the ginger and garlic and sauté for 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Add the curry powder and garam masala and sauté for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add the oat milk, chickpeas, tomatoes, coconut milk, sweet potato and stir to combine. Continue cooking until the mixture reaches a very low simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking the curry (uncovered) over a very low simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sweet potatoes are softened, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the baby spinach and lemon juice and gently toss with the curry until the spinach has begun to wilt. Season the curry with however much salt and pepper you think is needed, to taste.
SWEET POTATO CURRY | KITCHEN STORIES RECIPE
4.5/5 (657)Calories 240 per servingCategory Main
- Finely dice onion and mince garlic. Peel ginger and finely mince. Next, cut pumpkin and bell pepper into cubes. Halve cherry tomatoes. Peel sweet potato and cut into equally sized cubes.
- Heat olive oil in pan over medium heat. Sauté onion, garlic, and ginger for approx. 1 – 2 min. Next, add cubed sweet potato, pumpkin, and red pepper. Stir in tomato paste, curry powder, and curry paste. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and chili flakes. Continue to sauté for an additional 3 – 5 min.
- Add coconut milk to frying pan and stir thoroughly. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer for approx. 10 – 15 min. until tender.
AUBERGINE, CHICKPEA AND SWEET POTATO CURRY
Servings 6Total Time 55 minsCategory DinnerCalories 210 per serving
5-INGREDIENT SWEET POTATO CURRY - EATING BIRD FOOD
4.7/5 (34)Total Time 26 minsCategory Lunch/DinnerCalories 425 per serving
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, for about 5-6 minutes or until fragrant. Add curry paste to the skillet, toss and sauté for another minute.
- Allow the sauce to heat up until it is simmering and let simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender enough to be easily pierced with a fork. If the mixture gets too thick (or dry) you can add water to the pan, 1/4 cup at a time, up to 1/2 cup. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if needed.
INSTANT POT SWEET POTATO CHICKPEA CURRY
3.9/5 (14)Total Time 40 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 483 per serving
- Cook soaked chickpeas in a traditional pressure cooker on high flame for 3-4 whistle, then lower the flame and cook for 10 more minutes. Switch off the flame. Let the pressure release naturally.
- Alternatively, you can also cook it an Instant Pot. Add soaked chickpeas and water to an instant pot. Cook on high for 25 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally.
CHICKPEA AND SWEET POTATO CURRY - NICKY'S KITCHEN SANCTUARY
5/5 (13)Calories 553 per servingCategory Dinner
- Add the garlic, ginger, curry powder, ground coriander, cumin, paprika, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Stir and cook for a further minute.
SWEET POTATO AND CHICKPEA CURRY RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
4.6/5 (11)Total Time 40 minsCategory Seafood Curry RecipesCalories 509 per serving
- Heat the oil in a large deep fryingor sauté pan (one that has a lid) over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until starting to soften. Add the leek and fry for a further 5-7 minutes or until both the onion and the leek have softened and the onion is translucent.
- Add the curry paste and stir over the heat for a minute, then stir in the grated ginger and cook for a further minute.
- Add the sweet potato chunks (and pumpkin/butternut squash, if using), coconut milk, rinsed chickpeas, tomatoes, tomato purée and lentils. Stir well, bring to the boil, then turn down the heat, put the lid on the pan and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the sweet potato is tender.
- Take off the lid, stir in the spinach leaves and cook for 3 minutes until the spinach has wilted. Stir in half the coriander and squeeze in half the lime.
SLOW COOKER VEGAN CHICKPEA AND POTATO CURRY. - THE PRETTY BEE
5/5 (4)Total Time 4 hrs 15 minsCategory EntreeCalories 479 per serving
- Place the olive oil, onion, and pepper in the crock pot and turn the crock pot to low. Stir to coat the vegetables with oil.
- Add the potatoes and chickpeas. Add the spices and sugar, and the full fat coconut milk, and non dairy milk. Stir and place the lid on.
SWEET POTATO CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4.5/5 (80)Calories 196 per servingServings 7
- Combine curry powder, coriander, turmeric, salt, black pepper, red pepper, and bay leaf in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove chicken from pan. Reduce heat to medium. Add onion to pan; cook 10 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Increase heat to medium-high; return chicken to pan. Cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Stir in ginger and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add curry powder mixture; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add broth and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour. Stir in potato and chickpeas. Cook, uncovered, 30 minutes. Add peas; cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice. Discard bay leaf.
- Wine note: The dish's bold flavors can overpower the more delicate nuances of any wine, so opt for a refreshing white blend. PromisQous ($12) has a touch of sweetness to cut the heat, while its citrus and floral aromas rise above the complex flavors. --Jeffery Lindenmuth
CHICKPEA CURRY WITH SWEET POTATO - DIABETIC FOODIE
5/5 (5)Total Time 25 minsCategory Soups And StewsCalories 367 per serving
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger. Stir fry for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add sweet potatoes and cook, stirring constantly so that the onions don't stick. Add a little bit of water if necessary.
POTATO AND PEA CURRY RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Cuisine IndianCategory Main CourseServings 6-8
GOAN SWEET POTATO AND CHICKPEA CURRY – SPICE POTS
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
BEST POTATO AND GREEN PEA CURRY (ALOO MATAR) RECIPE - HOW ...
Servings 4Total Time 1 hrCategory Sides
SWEET POTATO AND CHICKPEA CURRY WITH GREEN PEAS
Reviews 32Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
CAULIFLOWER, SWEET POTATO, AND CHICKPEA CURRY ...
Reviews 14Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
LEEK, PEA AND SWEET POTATO CURRY RECIPE | CURRY RECIPES ...
5/5 (10)Total Time 45 minsCategory MainCalories 378 per serving
SWEET POTATO + PEANUT BUTTER CURRY | THE FOOD MEDIC
Reviews 1Estimated Reading Time 1 minServings 4
SWEET POTATO & CHICKPEA CURRY | THE FOOD MEDIC
Reviews 1Estimated Reading Time 1 minServings 4
POTATO AND YELLOW SPLIT PEA CURRY | MEXICAN MADE MEATLESS™
4.9/5 (14)Total Time 40 minsCuisine Indian, Vegan, Vegetarian
PEA & SWEET POTATO CURRY (MEAT, DAIRY & GLUTEN FREE ...
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
LENTIL, PEA AND SWEET POTATO CURRY | NUTRITIONCONFIDENCE BLOG
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CHICKEN AND SWEET POTATO SABZI: ROMY GILL’S EASY CURRY ...
Author Romy Gill
SLOW-COOKED SWEET POTATO AND CHICKPEA CURRY | DINNER ...
3.5/5 (641)Category DinnerServings 1Total Time 4 hrs 10 mins
SWEET POTATO PEA CURRY RECIPES
POTATO AND PEA CURRY - MEAT FREE MONDAY
SWEET POTATO AND KIDNEY BEAN CURRY - HEALTHIER STEPS
SWEET POTATO & PEA CURRY - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
SWEET POTATO CURRY RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
SWEET POTATO AND SNOW PEA CURRY - VAN DELICIOUS
CREAMY VEGAN PEAS POTATO CURRY - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
SWEET POTATO PEA MINCE CURRY - ESMESALON.COM
POTATO PEA CURRY RECIPES