BACON AND POTATO FRITTATA WITH GREENS
This is a wonderful meal anytime of day or night. My grandfather used to make frittatas quite often. Instead of finishing a frittata under the broiler he would cook it halfway, put a plate on top of the pan, flip the pan over, and slide the frittata back into the pan to cook the other side. Sometimes a frittata would stick; other times the hot oil would drip on him as he performed this maneuver. It was during these moments that I learned all the really good Italian curse words I still use to this day.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and sliced into thin 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons water, or as needed
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, chopped
- 8 eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Cook and stir bacon in a large oven-proof skillet over medium heat until evenly browned and crispy, about 10 minutes. Drain all but 1 teaspoon bacon grease from the skillet.
- Stir potato slices, water, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper into bacon; cover the skillet with a lid and cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Mix Swiss chard into potato mixture; cook and stir until chard is slightly wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour eggs over potato-chard mixture, stir gently, and remove skillet from heat. Top egg mixture with Parmesan cheese.
- Broil in the preheated oven until eggs are set and frittata is golden brown around the edges, 3 to 4 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 150.1 calories, Carbohydrate 6.6 g, Cholesterol 196.5 mg, Fat 8.9 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 11.2 g, SaturatedFat 3.1 g, Sodium 342 mg, Sugar 1 g
SWISS CHARD AND TOMATO FRITTATA
- 1 lb swiss chard
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 egg whites
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium tomatoes, sliced
- Chop the chard. In a skillet, sauté the garlic and onions in 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Add the chard, cover and lower the heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain if juicy.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, salt and pepper until blended. Stir in the chard.
- Coat the bottom of a skillet with the remaining oil and return to medium heat.
- When hot, pour egg mixture and arrange tomato slices on top.
- Cover and cook until the edges are firm and the bottom is golden and beginning to brown. Turn frittata over and cook for about 5 more minute until eggs are cooked.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature.
BACON, POTATO, AND SWISS CHARD SCRAMBLE
Everything is cooked in batches in this one-pan dish that works equally well for breakfast or dinner: the bacon first, followed by the herbed potatoes, garlicky greens, and scrambled eggs.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 10
- 3 ounces bacon (3 strips), chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound baby Yukon Gold potatoes, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 bunch Swiss chard (8 ounces), stems chopped, leaves thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (from 2 to 3 cloves)
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- Salsa or hot sauce, for serving
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until fat begins to render, about 2 minutes. Add 3 tablespoons oil, potatoes, onion, chard stems, and rosemary; season with salt. Cook until potatoes are tender and browned in places, 13 to 15 minutes. Stir in chard leaves and garlic, season with pepper, and cook, stirring a few times, until leaves are tender, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish; loosely cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet and place over medium heat. When oil shimmers, add eggs, season with salt, and cook, stirring frequently, until just set, about 1 minute. Serve with potato mixture and salsa.
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook Swiss chard in a frittata?Mix Swiss chard into potato mixture; cook and stir until chard is slightly wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour eggs over potato-chard mixture, stir gently, and remove skillet from heat. Top egg mixture with Parmesan cheese. Broil in the preheated oven until eggs are set and frittata is golden brown around the edges, 3 to 4 minutes.
How to cook potatoes and Swiss chard in a pan?Drain all but 1 teaspoon bacon grease from the skillet. Stir potato slices, water, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper into bacon; cover the skillet with a lid and cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Mix Swiss chard into potato mixture; cook and stir until chard is slightly wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
How to cook Swiss chard with garlic?Wash the Swiss chard but do not dry all the way and chop the stems off the leaves. Coarsely chop the stems and keep separate from the leaves. Coarsely chop the leaves. Heat olive oil or clarified butter in a 10-inch oven-proof pan. Cook the onions and chard stems over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
How to cook sweet potatoes and Chard?Fold the leaves together, and cut into 1/2 inch strips. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil then add the potatoes and cook until just almost tender, about 20 minutes. Add the stems from the chard and cook another 10 minutes, then add the leaves and cook until wilted. Drain the potatoes and chard very well in a colander.
Egg whites vary in size, and the quantity of whites used in a meringue affects its texture. When making these cookies, it's best to use a liquid measuring...
Provided by Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez
Provided by Chuck Williams
Provided by Frank Randazzo
These low-carb, gluten-free hamburger buns are made with ground almonds, coconut flour, and flax seed.
Provided by myketorecipes
Provided by Daniel Humm
A delicious combination of red pepper sauce, fresh basil, almonds, broccoli florets, and pasta.
Provided by jessica
A brilliant recipe for making with children, making classic custard creams in your favourite shapes.
Provided by simonbeal
My daughter-in-law (and Test Kitchen gal), Krissi, is a rice pudding aficionado and she gives this recipe two enthusiastic thumbs-up. If you've never made...
Provided by maureen gorman
Provided by Lora Zarubin
Provided by á-32809
Serve up a cheesy dinnertime classic with the Turkey and Broccoli Casserole Recipe. Condensed cheddar cheese soup makes this Turkey and Broccoli Casserole...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by My Food and Family
Chocolate and peanut butter are at it again, this time in a refrigerator pie that delivers all the creamy goodness you can pour into a cookie crust.
Provided by My Food and Family
People also searched
More about "swiss chard and potato frittata food"
POTATO & SWISS CHARD FRITTATA - NOURISHED KITCHEN
Reviews 12Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Melt three tablespoons clarified butter in a skillet over a medium flame. Toss peeled and thinly sliced shallots into the skillet and fry in butter until fragrant.
- Add coarsely chopped Swiss chard and thinly sliced potatoes into the skillet and continue to cook until the Swiss chard wilts and the potatoes are tender when pierced by a fork.
- Beat one dozen pastured eggs with three tablespoons heavy cream until the mixture becomes uniform. Season the eggs to your liking with salt and black pepper.
- Reduce the flame to medium-low then pour the beaten eggs and cream into the skillet, over the vegetables. Cook over medium-low until barely set, about six minutes or so.
LIDIA BASTIANICH'S SWISS CHARD AND POTATOES RECIPE
4.1/5 (67)Category Side Dishes
- Trim the ends from the stems of the chard leaves. Cut off and discard any wilted or yellow parts of the leaves. Strip the stems from the leaves, and cut the stems into 1/2-inch lengths. Cut the leaves in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 1/2-inch strips. Wash the leaf and stem pieces thoroughly; then drain them well.
- Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in a large pot. Add the potatoes, and cook until almost tender, about 15 minutes. Add the Swiss chard, and cook until the vegetables are tender, an additional 10-15 minutes. Drain well.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook just until it begins to turn golden, about 1 minute. Add the Swiss chard and potatoes, and season them lightly with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring and smashing the potatoes, until the liquid is evaporated and the potatoes are coarsely mashed. If the potatoes begin to brown, adjust the level of heat to medium low and continue stirring. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, season to taste with salt and pepper, stir, remove garlic and serve hot.
SWISS CHARD POTATO CHIVE FRITTATA - THE FOODIE DIETITIAN ...
4.3/5 (4)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 6
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Toss potatoes with 1 tbsp olive oil, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Roast in a casserole dish or on a baking sheet for 20-30 minutes, or until tender and crispy. Let cool.*
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to sautee pan over medium-high heat. Add swiss chard and 1/4 cup water and cover for 5 minutes. Remove cover, add garlic, and turn heat down to low and let cook for another 10-20 minutes, or until chard is wilted and water is evaporated. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Let cool.*
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk eggs and Greek yogurt until combined. Add chives and mix together. Season with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a 10-inch cast iron pan, add roasted potatoes, swiss chard, and cheese. Pour egg mix over top. Heat on the stovetop over medium heat for 5 minutes.
SWISS CHARD AND SALMON FRITTATA | IGA RECIPES
Total Time 1 hrCalories 180 per serving
SWISS CHARD, ONION & CHEESE FRITTATA - WILLIAMS-SONOMA TASTE
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
SWISS CHARD POTATO FRITTATA - FOODS WITH JUDES
Servings 8Total Time 40 minsEstimated Reading Time 1 min
POTATO-CHARD FRITTATA RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
5/5 (1)Servings 4Cuisine ItalianTotal Time 45 mins
SWISS CHARD FRITTATA RECIPE | PAMELA SALZMAN & RECIPES
POTATO & LEEK FRITTATA WITH SWISS CHARD | OLDWAYS
POTATO SWISS CHARD FRITTATA - ELLIE KRIEGER
SWISS CHARD AND ONION FRITTATA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (6)Total Time 35 minsServings 4Calories 191 per serving
- Heat a 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add 2 teaspoons olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add thinly sliced onion; cook 12 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Add chard; cook 10 minutes or until chard is tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper.
- Combine parsley, 2 tablespoons basil, garlic, eggs, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, stirring with a whisk. Add chard mixture to egg mixture. Stir in 1 ounce Gruyère cheese.
- Wipe pan clean with a paper towel. Return pan to medium-high heat. Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add egg mixture to pan; cook 30 seconds. Reduce heat to low; cook, without stirring, for 4 minutes or until eggs are partially cooked. Sprinkle egg mixture with Parmesan cheese and remaining 5 ounce Gruyère cheese.
FRITTATA WITH CHARD AND CHORIZO RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
3.9/5 (67)Estimated Reading Time 1 minServings 4
- Heat broiler. Whisk eggs in a large bowl, then whisk in cheese and herbs; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook chorizo in a 10” broilerproof skillet, preferably cast iron, over medium heat, stirring often, until browned and crisp, about 3 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- Heat oil in same skillet; add onion, season with salt, and cook, stirring often, until beginning to soften, about 1 minute. Add potatoes and cook, tossing occasionally, until just softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add chard and cook, stirring often, until chard is wilted; season with salt and pepper. Mix in chorizo. Pour in egg mixture, tilting skillet to evenly distribute. Cook, undisturbed, 2 minutes, then transfer to oven and broil until egg is cooked through and starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Run a heatproof spatula around edges of frittata to loosen, then slide onto a plate; serve in wedges.
SWISS CHARD, LEEK AND SWEET POTATO FRITTATA - SIMPLE BITES
5/5 (2)Total Time 50 minsCategory Main DishesCalories 316 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and place an oven rack in the top position. Cut a 10-inch round of parchment and line a pie plate or a 9-inch round casserole dish.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter together with the olive oil. Tumble in the cubed sweet potato and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, while you chop the leeks and chard.
- Remove the outer leaves of the leek, then cut in quarters lengthwise. Chop into 1/2 -inch pieces, cutting the leek crosswise. You should have about 1 1/2 cups (save the rest for another recipe or vegetable stock). Add the leek to the pan and sauté along with the sweet potato for 5 minutes. When the sweet potato is quite soft and the leek a nice bright green, scrape them both into the prepared pie pan.
- Chop the chard stems crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces. Roll up the leaves and slice them into ribbons. Return the skillet to the heat and add the remaining butter. Toss in the chard stems and cook for 2 minutes, then add the leaves and cook for a few more. Everything should be wilted. Add the cooked chard to the pie pan.
SWISS CHARD FRITTATA - EASY FOOD AND DRINK RECIPES
5/5 (1)Total Time 50 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 286 per serving
- Heat the oil in a 12-14 inch frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the potato, onion, garlic, and chives. Let sit for about 3-4 minutes before stirring to get a brown crust on the potatoes. Continue to saute for about 5 more minutes. Add the swiss chard stems the chopped chives. Stir and continue sauteing until potatoes are just tender. Add the swiss chard leaves, 1/8 cup of water and cover the skillet with a lid. Let the leaves steam for about 5 minutes. Remove the lid and stir the ingredients.
- Meanwhile, whisk the 8 eggs in a batter bowl with a little salt and pepper. Pour over the top of the vegetables in the skillet and sprinkle with the cheeses. Cook until the sides are set - about 15 minutes. Heat the broiler. Take the skillet off the burner and place in the oven. Broil until the top is puffy and golden (keep you eye on it, this can go fast depending on your broiler).
SWISS CHARD & POTATOES | ITALIAN FOOD FOREVER
Reviews 22Category Vegetables-GreensServings 6Total Time 50 mins
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil then add the potatoes and cook until just almost tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add the stems from the chard and cook another 10 minutes, then add the leaves and cook until wilted.
CHEESY SWISS CHARD AND POTATO CASSEROLE - MANGIA BEDDA
Reviews 6Servings 6Cuisine ItalianCategory Side Dish
- In a large pot of salted water bring the potatoes to a boil and cook until tender, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large sauté pan and add the chopped Swiss chard with the water still clinging to the leaves. Cook, on medium heat, stirring, until the leaves have wilted, about 2 minutes. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and garlic and cook for one minute longer. Transfer to a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a rectangular casserole with oil. When the potatoes are tender, drain and transfer them to a large bowl. Mash them, add 2 tbsp olive oil and add salt, pepper.
- Add the cooked Swiss chard and stir to evenly distribute throughout the potatoes. Add the cubed cheese and stir.
SWISS CHARD AND KALE POTATO FRITTATA | BABAGANOSH
5/5 (3)Total Time 1 hrCategory Breakfast, Brunch, LunchCalories 149 per serving
- Prepare the Swiss chard and kale: Remove the leaves from the kale stems and discard. The stems from the Swiss chard can be used, they have a similar texture to celery, but I like to trim off the extra parts from the bottom. Chop the Swiss chard and the kale into roughly 1/2 inch wide strips. This is easiest to do by rolling them up tightly and then cutting.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Saute the diced and diced potatoes for about 8-10 minutes, stirring often. Add the chopped kale and Swiss chard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and mix well. Continue stirring and cooking for about 5 minutes, until the greens are less than half of the original volume. Drain and discard extra liquid, if there is any.
- Spray a round 9 inch pie dish or baking pan with cooking spray. Transfer the potato and greens mixture to the baking dish.
SWISS CHARD AND HAM FRITTATA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
3/5 (1)Total Time 35 minsServings 8Calories 170 per serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Warm oil in a large nonstick, ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in chard. Cover and cook, stirring twice, until chard is tender, about 5 minutes. Remove cover; stir in ham.
- Place eggs in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper and whisk to blend. Pour eggs over chard and ham in skillet. Stir to distribute ingredients as evenly as possible before eggs begin to set.
- Cook on top of stove, lifting sides of frittata with a spatula to let uncooked eggs flow underneath, until lightly browned around edges, 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle frittata with Parmesan, transfer skillet to oven and bake, uncovered, until firm in center and slightly browned on top, about 10 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve.
SWISS CHARD AND POTATO FRITTATA | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
Total Time 25 minsCalories 129 per serving
- In a covered medium saucepan cook potatoes in a small amount of boiling lightly salted water for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender; drain. In a medium bowl beat together the whole eggs, egg whites, chives, Parmesan cheese, milk, and black pepper. Stir in potatoes; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet cook onion in hot oil over medium heat about 5 minutes or until tender. Add Swiss chard. Cook about 15 minutes or until liquid is evaporated, stirring frequently.
- Pour the egg mixture over Swiss chard mixture; do not stir. Cook over medium-low heat. As the egg mixture sets, run a spatula around edges of skillet, lifting egg mixture so the uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking and lifting edges until the egg mixture is almost set (top will be wet). Cover and cook about 3 minutes more or just until top is set. Cut into wedges. Serve immediately. Makes 6 servings.
SWISS CHARD AND SALMON FRITTATA RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (1)Category BreakfastAuthor BakinbabyCalories 189 per serving
- Cook onions and garlic for 1 to 2 minutes. Add Swiss chard and basil and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the leaves are wilted. Remove mixture from skillet and reserve.
FRITTATA OF SWEET POTATOES, SWISS CHARD ... - FOOD.COM
Servings 6Total Time 1 hrCategory BreakfastCalories 275 per serving
- Char the peppers on an open fire or under the broiler. Steam them for five minutes in a bag or covered bowl, and peel. Seed them, then cut into 1/4-inch strips.
- Prepare Swiss Chard: Both the leaves and the stems of Swiss chard are edible. When preparing the chard for this recipe, remove the stems from the leaves. Slice the stems into ¼-inch pieces and blanch separately from the leaves. The leaves may be cut into spoon-size pieces.
- Bake potatoes in the oven until they are tender, 20 to 30 minutes. Allow them to cool at room temperature. When the potatoes have cooled, peel them and cut into 1/4-inch slices.
FRITTATA WITH SWISS CHARD, POTATOES, & FONTINA RECIPE ...
Servings 4Calories 257 per serving
- Place potato in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook 8 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. Toss potato with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Combine the Swiss chard and water in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until Swiss chard is tender. Drain.
- Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, milk, and next 4 ingredients (milk through eggs) in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Stir in potato and Swiss chard. Melt butter in a medium nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Pour egg mixture into pan. Cover, reduce heat, and cook 10 minutes until almost set. Sprinkle with cheese.
SWISS CHARD AND POTATO FRITTATA RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (3)Total Time 56 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 89 per serving
SWISS CHEESE FRITTATA WITH POTATOES AND ... - FOOD.COM
5/5 (7)Total Time 55 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 641 per serving
- In a medium skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add onions, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often and adding water by the drop, to avoid scoorching, until onions are very soft and deep golden brown, 15-20 minutes. Add in the vinegar and sugar and reduce until the onions are glazed. Keep warm.
- Parboil the potatoes in salted water 3/4 of the way done, about 15 minutes, and then drain and cool until able to handle. Cut them into 1/4 inch cubes.
- In a 9-10 inch ovenproof skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the potatoes, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cook, uncovered, turning occasionally, until they are browned, 12-15 minutes. Spread potatoes out evenly in skillet.
LENTIL SOUP WITH SWISS CHARD AND POTATO – THE CULINARY CORNER
Cuisine MediterraneanTotal Time 40 minsCategory Dinner, Entree, LunchCalories 212 per serving
- Place the lentils in a medium pot and add cold water to cover the lentils by about 2 inches. Bring to a boil on medium heat, then cover the pot, reduce the heat to low and simmer until tender for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, add three tablespoons of olive oil to a small pan over medium heat and sauté the chopped onion and minced garlic for five minutes until lightly golden and fragrant.
- Add the onion/garlic mixture to the lentils and combine, add the diced potatoes, Swiss chard and lemon juice. Season with salt, pepper and cumin, cover the pot and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Stir occasionally.
HAM AND SWISS FRITTATA RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN ...
Servings 6Difficulty EasyAuthor Food Network KitchenSteps 3
BACON AND POTATO FRITTATA WITH SWISS CHARD RECIPE
Category Recipe TypeEstimated Reading Time 50 secs
SWISS CHARD-SALAMI FRITTATA RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN ...
Servings 4Category Main-DishAuthor Food Network KitchenDifficulty Easy
RAINBOW CHARD–POTATO FRITTATA - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
4.3/5 (8)Category Breakfast/BrunchServings 6Calories 330 per serving
SWISS CHARD AND POTATO FRITTATA - BIGOVEN.COM
4.3/5 (9)Category BreakfastCuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 mins
VEGETARIAN SWISS CHARD FRITTATA | COMMISSARIES
RECIPES FROM 4EVERYKITCHEN: SWISS CHARD & POTATO FRITTATA ...
SWISS CHARD AND SAUSAGE FRITTATA - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
SWISS CHARD AND POTATO FRITTATA- TFRECIPES
SWISS CHARD AND POTATO FRITTATA - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
RAW SWISS CHARD RECIPES
CHARD FRITTATA RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
SWISS CHARD AND TOMATO FRITTATA - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
SPRINGTIME FRITTATA FROM 'FAMILY TABLE'
SWISS CHARD FRITTATA RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
CHARD FRITTATA RECIPES
SWISS CHARD AND POTATO FRITTATA RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE ...
SWISS CHARD AND CHICKEN RECIPES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...