This recipe comes from the cookbook "Celebrate!" I love the addition of mushrooms to the lemon-caper sauce.
Provided by breezermom
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- 1 1/2 lbs veal cutlets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chablis or 1/2 cup other dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons capers with liquid, undrained
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- thin lemon slice
- Place veal between 2 sheets of wax paper; flatten veal to 1/4 inch pieces, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle veal with salt and pepper, and dredge in flour.
- Combine the melted butter and olive oil in a large skillet. Cook the veal in the butter and oil until browned on both sides. Remove veal, reserving drippings in the skillet. Set aside, and keep warm.
- Saute mushrooms and garlic in the drippings for 1 to 2 minutes. Return the veal to the skillet; add wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the capers and their liquid, and simmer for an additional minute.
- Transfer the veal to a serving platter. Sprinkle with the parsley. Garnish with thin lemon slices.
- For sauce
- 1 1/4 cupslow-fat chicken stock or low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- For veal
- 2 lb veal cutlets (also called scallopini; 1/4 inch thick)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Accompaniment:buttered noodles with chives
- Special Equipment
- a well-seasoned ridged grill pan
- Make sauce:
- Boil stock and wine in a 2- to 3-quart heavy saucepan until reduced by about half (to about 3/4 cup), about 3 minutes. Whisk together flour and water in a cup, then whisk into stock. Boil, stirring, 1 minute, then remove from heat and stir in butter, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Keep sauce warm.
- Prepare veal:
- Cut veal into 3-inch pieces, then pat dry with paper towels. Lightly oil grill pan and heat over high heat until just smoking.
- While pan is heating, sprinkle veal with salt and pepper. Grill veal in batches, without crowding, until browned, about 30 seconds on each side, transferring with tongs to a platter. Grill lemon slices, in batches if necessary, until lightly browned, about 1 minute per side, transferring to platter with veal.
- Stir parsley into warm sauce and pour over veal.
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 8 bottom or top round veal scallops, flattened gently with a meat mallet
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- Coat a large saute pan with olive oil and toss in the garlic cloves. Bring the pan to a medium-high heat. Cook the garlic until it becomes golden brown and is very aromatic. Remove the garlic and discard. Raise heat to high.
- Sprinkle the veal scallops with salt. Just before placing the veal scallops in the pan with the hot oil, dredge them in flour. Working in batches, flour the veal that is going directly in the pan; do not flour ahead. When the veal has browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side, remove to a platter and keep warm in the oven.
- When all the veal has been browned, ditch the oil in the pan. Add the wine and capers and reduce by half. Add in the chicken stock, season with salt, and cook until it has slightly thickened. Swirl in the butter. When the butter has melted and is bubbly, add in the lemon juice. Taste to make sure it is delicious, add the parsley, and spoon over the veal.
Top Asked Questions
How to cook veal piccata with parsley?Veal Piccata with Parsley and Capers. Directions. Season the veal with salt and lemon pepper and then dredge in flour. Pat off excess flour. In a large frying pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Saute veal cutlets for 2 minutes per side and remove to plate. Add garlic to pan and saute for 1 minute.
What kind of meat is used in piccata?Traditionally, the Italians use veal (veal piccata); however, the best known dish of this sort in the US uses chicken (chicken piccata). The recipe has a meatless adaptation using seitan (seitan piccata).
Do you put capers in veal piccata?And Veal Piccata was one of the more popular veal dishes on our menu. It’s a simple unassuming dish that lets you enjoy the delicate flavors of the veal in this light lemon wine sauce. Most piccata recipes you find will include capers, but I’ve never been fond of capers and feel that they overpower this classic Italian dish.
What wines go with veal piccata?Certain varieties of wine pair well with veal piccata, particularly crisp whites that can cut through the buttery sauce. Italian white wines such as pinot grigios are good accompaniments, especially if you are serving an Italian-themed dinner.
Egg whites vary in size, and the quantity of whites used in a meringue affects its texture. When making these cookies, it's best to use a liquid measuring...
Provided by Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez
Provided by Chuck Williams
Provided by Frank Randazzo
These low-carb, gluten-free hamburger buns are made with ground almonds, coconut flour, and flax seed.
Provided by myketorecipes
Provided by Daniel Humm
A delicious combination of red pepper sauce, fresh basil, almonds, broccoli florets, and pasta.
Provided by jessica
A brilliant recipe for making with children, making classic custard creams in your favourite shapes.
Provided by simonbeal
My daughter-in-law (and Test Kitchen gal), Krissi, is a rice pudding aficionado and she gives this recipe two enthusiastic thumbs-up. If you've never made...
Provided by maureen gorman
Provided by Lora Zarubin
Provided by á-32809
Serve up a cheesy dinnertime classic with the Turkey and Broccoli Casserole Recipe. Condensed cheddar cheese soup makes this Turkey and Broccoli Casserole...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by My Food and Family
Chocolate and peanut butter are at it again, this time in a refrigerator pie that delivers all the creamy goodness you can pour into a cookie crust.
Provided by My Food and Family
People also searched
More about "veal piccata food"
VEAL PICCATA WITH LEMON AND CAPERS - 2 SISTERS RECIPES BY ...
4.6/5 (5)Total Time 15 minsCategory Dinner / Main CourseCalories 260 per serving
- Place the veal in one tray and flour in the other. In a large non-stick skillet, and on medium heat, heat olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter until butter is melted. Toss in a few capers into the butter and oil mixture.
- Begin by taking each piece of veal, one at a time, and placing it into the flour to coat both sides with flour. Shake off excess flour, and place it into the heated skillet with oil, butter, and capers.
- Saute the veal until golden brown around the edges, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. These will cook up quickly, so you may want to lower the heat a little while you are sauteing them in order not to overcook them.
- Cut a lemon in half and squeeze one half of lemon over them and season with some pepper to taste, and toss in few more capers on top. Then transfer the sauteed veal into a serving dish nearby. Cover them with a sheet of foil wrap to keep them warm.
VEAL PICCATA | GIADZY
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 2 minsAuthor Giada De LaurentiisTotal Time 20 mins
- Dredge the veal lightly in the flour, shaking off the excess. In a large saute pan, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter with the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the veal scallops and cook just until brown, about 3 minutes per side.Using tongs, transfer the scaloppini to a plate. Repeat with the remaining veal. Cover loosely with foil while you make the sauce.
- To the same saute pan, add the broth, lemon juice, and capers. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, scraping up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan for extra flavor. Simmer for 2 minutes. Whisk the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter into the sauce. Return the veal to the pan just to heat through. Arrange the scaloppini on a platter, pour the sauce on top, and garnish with the parsley.
VEAL PICCATA RECIPE - LEITE'S CULINARIA
5/5 (10)Total Time 35 minsCategory EntreesCalories 375 per serving
- Season the veal on both sides with the salt and pepper and dredge in the flour, shaking off any excess. Place the veal on a plate.
- In a 12-inch (30-cm) skillet over medium-high heat, warm 2 tablespoons butter and the oil. Working in batches, add the veal cutlets to the skillet, being careful not to crowd the skillet.
- Cook, turning once, until golden brown, about 3 minutes total. (If using chicken or turkey, cook until no trace of pink remains, about 3 minutes per side.) Move to a platter or a baking sheet and loosely cover while you repeat with the remaining veal. If necessary, add more butter and oil to the skillet.
- Carefully add the wine to the skillet and cook, still over medium-high heat and scraping the bottom of the skillet, until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add the stock and lemon slices and bring to a boil.
CLASSIC VEAL PICCATA RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.4/5 (168)Total Time 26 minsCategory Dinner, EntreeCalories 599 per serving
VEAL PICCATA - EPICURUS.COM RECIPES
Cuisine ItalianCategory Main CourseServings 6
VEAL SCALLOPINI PICCATA - SAVEUR
10 BEST VEAL PICCATA WITH LEMON AND CAPERS RECIPES - YUMMLY
VEAL PICCATA - THRIFTY FOODS
VEAL PICCATA WITH ORANGE, CAPERS AND TARRAGON - FOOD & WINE
- Season the veal with salt and pepper and coat lightly with flour. In a large nonreactive skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in 1 tablespoon of the oil over high heat. Add half of the veal in a single layer and cook about 1 minute per side. Transfer the veal to a large serving platter and keep warm. Repeat with 1 more tablespoon each of the butter and oil and the remaining veal.
- Add the orange juice, orange zest, capers and vinegar to the skillet and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook, stirring, until slightly thickened. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and the tarragon and whisk until blended. Add up to 2 tablespoons of water if the sauce looks thick. Return the veal to the pan and turn each piece to coat with sauce. Transfer the veal to a large serving platter, pour the sauce on top and serve.
VEAL PICCATA BAKED MEATBALLS - TASTE AND SEE
4.6/5 (11)Total Time 45 minsCategory DinnerCalories 269 per serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place a wire cooling rack over the baking sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all meatball ingredients: ground veal, Parmesan cheese, almond meal, fresh chopped parsley, chopped onion, egg, lemon zest, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix until everything is combined.
- Form the meatballs using a 1-1/2 inch cookie scoop. Then get your hands wet and roll each meatball in the palm of your hands. Place them on the wire rack over the parchment-lined baking sheet, spacing them evenly. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and shallots to a large skillet and cook on medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently so it doesn’t burn.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH VEAL PICCATA? 8 BEST SIDE DISHES ...
5/5 Published 2021-09-11
VEAL PICCATA RECIPE - ITALIAN.FOOD.COM
5/5 (4)Total Time 25 minsCategory VealCalories 403 per serving
VEAL PICCATA - ITALIAN RECIPES - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
Cuisine American, ItalianTotal Time 25 minsServings 4Calories 226 per serving
CLASSIC VEAL PICCATA RECIPE - ITALIAN KITCHEN CONFESSIONS
5/5 (1)Total Time 25 minsCategory Main Course, MeatCalories 449 per serving
- Proceed by coating lightly and evenly the meat in flour, spiced with salt and pepper. (See notes). Cut thinly a few lemon slices. Place them on top of the meat.
VEAL PICCATA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (9)Calories 281 per serving
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish. Combine water and egg white in another shallow dish, stirring with a whisk. Place breadcrumbs in a third shallow dish. Working with 1 cutlet at a time, dredge in flour mixture. Dip floured cutlet in egg white mixture; dredge in breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add cutlets to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Add broth, rind, juice, and capers to pan; simmer 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour over cutlets; serve immediately. Garnish with lemon wedges, if desired.
FAST AND EASY RECIPE FOR VEAL PICCATA | POPSUGAR FOOD
Cuisine ItalianCategory Other, Main DishesHome Country USTotal Time 50 mins
- Cook noodles. Toss with 1 teaspoon butter and 1 tablespoon parsley, divide between 2 plates and keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season veal with salt and pepper and cook, flipping once, until golden brown and just cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes total; remove from pan, place atop noodles and keep warm. Return skillet to heat, add broth and simmer until thickened, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Whisk in remaining 1 tablespoon each butter and parsley, capers, salt and pepper; pour sauce over veal and noodles and serve with lemon wedges.
THE BEST VEAL FRANCAISE RECIPE PLUS A LITTLE HISTORY ABOUT ...
5/5 (4)Category Main CourseCuisine ItalianTotal Time 30 mins
- Flatten the veal cutlets to a uniform ¼ inch thickness by placing them between two sheets of wax paper and hitting them with a meat hammer, rolling pin or sauce pan.
- If frying 4 cutlets at a time (see note below) dredge 4 of them in the flour, knocking off any exess flour and then into the beaten egg.
ELEGANT VEAL SCALOPPINE AL LIMONE WITH CAPERS AND WHITE WINE
Cuisine ItalianCategory DinnerServings 4
- Add olive oil to a pan and heat over medium-high. Add veal and sear on both sides. Once seared, add capers and white wine to pan, then squeeze in lemon juice. When the liquid starts to boil, add the butter, then swirl the pan so the butter melts and integrates with the sauce.
RACHAEL’S VEAL PICCATA WITH GEM ROMAINE SALAD WITH PEARS ...
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
PICCATA - WIKIPEDIA
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
RESTAURANT STYLE VEAL PICCATA RECIPE - CHEF DENNIS
5/5 (19)Category EntreeCuisine Italian, Italian-AmericanCalories 253 per serving
VEAL PICCATA | RECIPE | VEAL CUTLET RECIPES, VEAL RECIPES ...
4.8/5 (5)Estimated Reading Time 6 minsServings 4
VEAL PICCATA RECIPE - FOOD.COM | VEAL PICCATA RECIPE ...
5/5 (2)Estimated Reading Time 7 minsServings 4-6Total Time 45 mins
VEAL PICCATA (PICCATA DI VITELLO) – STEFAN'S GOURMET BLOG
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
VEAL PICCATA – FOOD LIFE LOVE
Servings 2Total Time 25 mins
LOW CARB VEAL PICCATA KETO PALEO DIABETIC CHEF'S RECIPE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
VEAL PICCATA RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
5/5 (5)Author Recipe from Emeril LagasseCuisine ItalianCategory Main-Dish
THE ULTIMATE VEAL PICCATA - FOOD NETWORK UK
Cuisine ItalianCategory Main-CourseServings 4
THE HIRSHON VEAL PICCATA - THE FOOD DICTATOR
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
JUST WHAT IS PICCATA? - SEATTLEPI.COM
Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
EMRIL LAGASSE'S VEAL PICCATA RECIPE | EPICURIOUS.COM
Cuisine ItalianCategory Beef, Sauté, Quick & EasyServings 4
VEAL PICCATA MEATBALLS - VEAL – DISCOVER DELICIOUS
WINE PAIRING WITH VEAL PICCATA WITH LEMON - WINE & FOOD ...
CHICKEN OR VEAL PICCATA - EVERYDAY FOOD WITH SARAH CAREY ...
WHAT PAIRS BEST WITH VEAL PICCATA? | EHOW
VEAL PICCATA - ONTARIO VEAL APPEAL
10 BEST VEAL PICCATA WITH LEMON AND CAPERS RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEST WINE FOR VEAL PICCATA | VISIT A WINERY
GIADA VEAL PICATA RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
RECIPE: VEAL PICCATA - FOODWINE
INA GARTEN VEAL PICCATA RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
DELICIOUS ORCHARDS » CREAMY VEAL PICCATA
VEAL PICCATA RECIPE CHEF JOHN WITH INGREDIENTS,NUTRITIONS ...
INA GARTEN VEAL MARSALA RECIPE
VEAL SCALLOPINI RECIPE INA GARTEN WITH INGREDIENTS ...