VEGAN FRIED CAULIFLOWER
As a new vegan and a real picky eater I was struggling a little with the diet change. I heard cauliflower was a great substitute for chicken so I decided to make some fried chicken (or cauliflower) and boy was this delicious! My mother who is not vegan said "it was amazing and it didn't even taste like cauliflower!". Although this is not what I would consider a healthy recipe, it really gives that comfort food satisfaction.
Provided by saraw94931
Yield 13 Nuggets, 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached white flour
- 8 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 6 tablespoons garlic powder
- 8 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 head cauliflower
- First let's rinse the cauliflower make sure its nice and clean and then you can turn the oven on to 355ºf and just let that pre heat.
- Then you can take that cauliflower to the cutting board and peel away all the green stems cratiling the cauliflower. After its all peeled you can break apart the head of the cauliflower Or you can cut it to keep the stems a little longer.
- After the cauliflower is separated you can get the baking sheet and lay down some parchment paper. Once that's done all you need to do is put the cauliflower pieces on to the baking sheet and add 1 tablespooms of coconut oil over the cauliflower. Vegitable oil works just as well. Once the preheat is done you can stick them In the oven for around 15- 20 minute. They should not be Browning all over but it usually does have a few crispy edges on some.
- Now while that's in the oven you can make your batter. First put the flour in the bowl. You'll need a larger bowl for this. Make sure all the clumps are broken up and then you can add the seasoning. Now when it comes to the seasoning the measurements you dont have to be exact. If you like spiciness you could add a little more Cajun and the same goes for the rest. Once all the seasoning is added just mix it all together.
- Okay so now take a little bit of your mix about 1/4 cup and put it in a separate bowl. Once that's done just add a little water at a time till it's a creamy consistency. You'll know it's perfect if it's thick enough to stick to the fork or wisk but cant be picked up in clumps.
- If your cauliflower is done you can take that out and prepare the oil but if not then I recommend waiting until the cauliflower is done to heat your oil. I heated my oil in a pot but if you have a deep fryer that will work too. Once the cauliflower is done you can heat the oil on medium heat and begin rolling the cauliflower in the creamy mix and then into the dry mix. I recommend not coating a lot at a time unless you plan on cooking them all at once. When the cauliflower is in the oil I let them cook for a minute some for two minutes depending on size. If you feel they aren't cooked long enough I recommend an extra minute to avoid a gooey inside.
- After they are cooked then you are all done! Let them sit on a paper towel for a few minutes to get rid of excess oil! Hope you enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 2573.5, Fat 230.3, SaturatedFat 35.1, Sodium 10590.7, Carbohydrate 122, Fiber 20.5, Sugar 9.4, Protein 24
AIR FRYER VEGAN BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER
- 1 ½ pounds cauliflower florets
- 4 tablespoons egg substitute (such as JUST egg(R))
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- nonstick cooking spray
- ½ cup vegan Buffalo wing sauce (such as Frank's®)
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place cauliflower florets in a large bowl. Pour egg substitute over the florets and stir to coat.
- Mix flour, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper in a large plastic resealable bag. Zip and shake until evenly combined.
- Drop 1/2 of the florets into the seasoned flour. Zip and shake to coat. Place florets in the basket of the air fryer. Spray tops with nonstick cooking spray.
- Air fry for 5 minutes. Flip cauliflower over, spray any chalky spots, and cook for 5 minutes more. Repeat with remaining cauliflower florets.
- Meanwhile, heat buffalo wing sauce in a saucepan over medium heat until warm. Transfer cauliflower to a large bowl. Pour wing sauce over the top and toss until evenly coated. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 175.3 calories, Carbohydrate 32.9 g, Cholesterol 0.2 mg, Fat 2 g, Fiber 5.2 g, Protein 8.9 g, SaturatedFat 0.2 g, Sodium 1200.4 mg, Sugar 4.5 g
Top Asked Questions
- Feel free to serve your fried cauliflower recipe with vegan protein like baked tofu, seitan, tempeh, or even fried tofu. You can also serve it with your favorite sauce. Just like any other vegetable, frying cauliflower is very easy. You just need to heat a good amount of oil into a skillet and then add the cauliflower until it’s cooked and crispy.
- First, this crispy baked cauliflower is totally vegan/vegetarian and can be gluten-free when you use gluten-free flour and breadcrumbs. Second, it is breaded to perfection and then oven-baked so you aren’t frying it in gobs of oil [not that I am against that every now and again]
- Our crispy vegan cauliflower chicken recipe is a tender, crunchy, easy, and delicious way to enjoy oven fried chicken without the actual meat. This is a great option for you if you don’t eat gluten, because you can make it gluten-free.
- This vegan take on the famous KFC Nashville Hot Chicken uses cauliflower to give you that juicy, crispy, fried chicken taste you're used to. This fried cauliflower recipe is the best cauliflower you'll ever have!! 3 small or 2 large heads cauliflower, cut into large drumstick-like pieces.
Egg whites vary in size, and the quantity of whites used in a meringue affects its texture. When making these cookies, it's best to use a liquid measuring...
Provided by Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez
Provided by Chuck Williams
Provided by Frank Randazzo
These low-carb, gluten-free hamburger buns are made with ground almonds, coconut flour, and flax seed.
Provided by myketorecipes
Provided by Daniel Humm
A delicious combination of red pepper sauce, fresh basil, almonds, broccoli florets, and pasta.
Provided by jessica
A brilliant recipe for making with children, making classic custard creams in your favourite shapes.
Provided by simonbeal
My daughter-in-law (and Test Kitchen gal), Krissi, is a rice pudding aficionado and she gives this recipe two enthusiastic thumbs-up. If you've never made...
Provided by maureen gorman
Provided by Lora Zarubin
Provided by á-32809
Serve up a cheesy dinnertime classic with the Turkey and Broccoli Casserole Recipe. Condensed cheddar cheese soup makes this Turkey and Broccoli Casserole...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by My Food and Family
Chocolate and peanut butter are at it again, this time in a refrigerator pie that delivers all the creamy goodness you can pour into a cookie crust.
Provided by My Food and Family
People also searched
More about "vegan fried cauliflower food"