WILD SALMON WITH GREEN SAUCE
Wild salmon, green beans, new potatoes and herbs: simple seasonal ingredients for an epic summer dining experience. The most important thing here is not to overcook the salmon. Whether baked or grilled, it is ready as soon as you see white juices rising to the surface, which means the fish will be succulent, not dry. It is better to err on the rare side.
Provided by David Tanis
Categories dinner, easy, main course
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- 1 1/2 pounds wild salmon fillet, such as King or sockeye, skin on
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 2 pounds new potatoes
- 1 pound haricots verts, or a mixture of small green and yellow beans
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Zest and juice of 1 small Meyer lemon
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chervil, or a mixture of parsley and tarragon
- Lettuce leaves
- 2 hard-cooked (9-minute) eggs, roughly chopped
- Using pliers, remove pin bones from salmon (or have your fishmonger do it). Season on both sides with salt and pepper. Place on baking sheet skin side down and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Set aside at room temperature. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scrub potatoes and simmer in well-salted water until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and keep warm.
- Top and tail the haricots verts and simmer in well-salted water until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Spread out on a platter to cool (or rinse briefly in cool water) and leave at room temperature.
- Make the sauce verte: Put shallot in a small bowl with 1/2 teaspoon salt and cover with the red wine vinegar. Macerate 5 minutes, then stir in lemon zest and juice, mustard and capers. Whisk in 1/2 cup olive oil. Just before serving, add parsley, chervil and black pepper to taste.
- Bake salmon, uncovered, until just done, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove and let cool slightly. Put beans in a medium bowl, season with salt and pepper, and dress with 2 tablespoons sauce verte. Line a platter with lettuce leaves, if using, then make a pile of beans. With a spatula, lift salmon from skin, then place on top of beans. Dab salmon with 2 more tablespoons sauce verte, garnish with chopped egg and serve. Pass potatoes and remaining sauce separately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 389, UnsaturatedFat 10 grams, Carbohydrate 36 grams, Fat 14 grams, Fiber 7 grams, Protein 31 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 915 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
TERIYAKI SALMON & GREEN BEANS
Buy a whole piece of salmon for this traybake if you're feeding a family and cut into adult and children-sized portions. It's cooked in a delicious teriyaki sauce
Provided by Lulu Grimes
Number Of Ingredients 8
- 4 salmon fillets (or a 500g piece to cut up yourself)
- 100g green beans , ends trimmed
- 1 lemon , cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp low-salt soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
- noodles or rice, to serve
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. If you have a whole piece of salmon, cut it into four fillets. Place a sheet of baking parchment on a baking tray and lay the salmon diagonally across it.
- Cook the beans in boiling water for 1 min and drain. Arrange the beans in piles around the salmon and add the lemon wedges to the baking tray. Mix the soy sauce, honey, mirin and garlic, and pour half of it over the beans and salmon.
- Cook for 15 mins, then pour the rest of the sauce over the salmon. Cook for another 5 mins. Squeeze over the lemon and serve with noodles or rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 288 calories, Fat 15 grams fat, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 9 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 5 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 28 grams protein, Sodium 0.8 milligram of sodium
JAMIE OLIVER'S SALMON & GREEN BEANS
- 200g green beans topped and tailed
- 20 small cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful of pitted black olives
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 lemon
- 1 handful of fresh basil, optional
- 12 anchovy fillets
- Serves 4 Blanch the green beans, drain and put in a large bowl with the tomatoes and stoned olives. Toss in the olive oil and pinch of salt and pepper Squeeze juice of half a lemon over the salmon fillets on both sides then season both sides and drizzle with olive oil. Put the fillets of salmon at one end of a baking tray. Toss the basil into the green beans, olives and tomatoes and place this mixture at the other end of the tray. Lay the anchovies over the green beans and roast in a preheated oven - highest setting for ten minutes. Quick easy and all on one tray!
Top Asked Questions
How do you make green beans with salmon?Toss in the olive oil and pinch of salt and pepper Squeeze juice of half a lemon over the salmon fillets on both sides then season both sides and drizzle with olive oil. Put the fillets of salmon at one end of a baking tray. Toss the basil into the green beans, olives and tomatoes and place this mixture at the other end of the tray.
What kind of sauce do you use for salmon?Put beans in a medium bowl, season with salt and pepper, and dress with 2 tablespoons sauce verte. Line a platter with lettuce leaves, if using, then make a pile of beans. With a spatula, lift salmon from skin, then place on top of beans. Dab salmon with 2 more tablespoons sauce verte, garnish with chopped egg and serve.
How to make lemon garlic Parmesan baked salmon?Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Arrange salmon, green beans, and mushrooms on baking sheet and drizzle butter mixture over top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake salmon at 400F 20-25 minutes or until fish is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
How do you make sauce verte with shallot?Make the sauce verte: Put shallot in a small bowl with 1/2 teaspoon salt and cover with the red wine vinegar. Macerate 5 minutes, then stir in lemon zest and juice, mustard and capers. Whisk in 1/2 cup olive oil.
Egg whites vary in size, and the quantity of whites used in a meringue affects its texture. When making these cookies, it's best to use a liquid measuring...
Provided by Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez
Provided by Chuck Williams
Provided by Frank Randazzo
These low-carb, gluten-free hamburger buns are made with ground almonds, coconut flour, and flax seed.
Provided by myketorecipes
Provided by Daniel Humm
A delicious combination of red pepper sauce, fresh basil, almonds, broccoli florets, and pasta.
Provided by jessica
A brilliant recipe for making with children, making classic custard creams in your favourite shapes.
Provided by simonbeal
My daughter-in-law (and Test Kitchen gal), Krissi, is a rice pudding aficionado and she gives this recipe two enthusiastic thumbs-up. If you've never made...
Provided by maureen gorman
Provided by Lora Zarubin
Provided by á-32809
Serve up a cheesy dinnertime classic with the Turkey and Broccoli Casserole Recipe. Condensed cheddar cheese soup makes this Turkey and Broccoli Casserole...
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by My Food and Family
Chocolate and peanut butter are at it again, this time in a refrigerator pie that delivers all the creamy goodness you can pour into a cookie crust.
Provided by My Food and Family
More about "wild salmon with green beans and sauce verte food"