SARA'S BEST EVER OMELETTE!
I make these omellette's for breakfast sometimes, but more often as an easy dinner. You can add any toppings you like, but this is my favourite way of having them. You will need to use a frying pan with a lid.
Provided by Sara 76
Yield 1-2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 3 large eggs, seperated
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 slices shortcut bacon, diced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves, chopped roughly
- 1/4 cup tasty cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Spray a small saucepan with ooil. Cook onion and bacon until onion is just tender. Remove from heat, set aside.
- Spray a medium frying pan with oil. Heat pan to medium heat.
- Beat egg whites until thick and white. Spread into heated pan. Place cover on pan while you prepare the egg yolks.
- Beat egg yolk, and pour over egg whites. Place cover back on pan, and cook 1 minute.
- Sprinkle the bacon, onion, tomatoes, basil, and cheese gently over the egg mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place lid back on pan and cook until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
- Fold omellette in half, using an eggflip, and serve immediately.
Provided by Alton Brown
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Beat the eggs: Soak 3 large eggs for 5 minutes in hot-not scalding-tap water. This will ensure that the omelet cooks faster, and the faster an omelet cooks, the more tender it's going to be. Crack the eggs into a small bowl or large bowl-shaped coffee mug. Season with a pinch of fine salt. Beat the eggs gently with a fork.
- TIP: I prefer a fork to a whisk for omelets because I don't want to work air into the eggs: Air bubbles are insulators and can slow down cooking if you're not careful.
- Heat the pan: Heat a 10-inch nonstick saute pan over medium to high heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon room-temperature unsalted butter. Once melted, spread the butter around the pan with a basting brush to ensure coverage.
- TIP: Heat your pan empty for a few minutes before adding the butter: Even a nonstick surface is pocked with microscopic pores that eggs can fill and grab hold of. Heat expands the metal, squeezing these openings shut.
- Add the eggs: Pour the eggs into the center of the pan and stir vigorously with a silicone spatula for 5 seconds. (Actually, it's not so much a matter of stirring with the spatula as holding the spatula relatively still and moving the pan around to stir the eggs.)
- Let them cook: As soon as curds begin to form (that's the stuff that looks like scrambled eggs), lift the pan and tilt it around until the excess liquid pours off the top of the curds and into the pan. Then use the spatula to shape the edge and make sure the omelet isn't sticking. Move the spatula around the edge of the egg mixture to help shape it into a round and loosen the edge. Then walk away. That's right-let that omelet sit unaccosted for 10 long seconds so it can develop a proper outer crust. Don't worry: Your patience will be rewarded.
- Finish the omelet: Time for the "jiggle" step: Simply shake the pan gently to make sure the omelet is indeed free of the pan. Lift up the far edge of the pan and snap it back toward you. Then use the spatula to fold over the one-third facing you.
- Change your grip on the pan handle from an overhand to an underhand and move to the plate, which you might want to lube with just a brief brushing of butter to make sure things don't bind up in transit. Slide the one-third farthest from you onto the plate and then ease the fold over. Imagine that you're making a tri-fold wallet out of eggs-because that's exactly what you're doing. And just ease the pan over. There, that wasn't so hard.
Top Asked Questions
What is the best omelette to eat?Quinoa-Dill Omelet with Feta Feta-Quinoa Omelet Credit: © Eva Kolenko F&W's Kay Chun adds black quinoa to her omelets to up the protein content and make them more substantial. 7. Oven-Baked Asian Omelet Oven-Baked Asian Omelet Credit: © Richard Gerhard Jung This open-faced omelet is studded with mushrooms, snow peas and shrimp. 8.
How do you make a perfect perfect omelette?Perfect Omelet. Directions. Beat the eggs: Soak 3 large eggs for 5 minutes in hot-not scalding-tap water. This will ensure that the omelet cooks faster, and the faster an omelet cooks, the more tender it's going to be. Crack the eggs into a small bowl or large bowl-shaped coffee mug. Season with a pinch of fine salt.
What is the best Japanese omelette pan?The TeChef Tamagoyaki is our pick as the best Japanese omelette pan, allowing you to make different styles of omelette including the delicious Tamagoyaki. This type of omelette is made by rolling layers of egg and this is difficult to achieve in a typical fry pan.
What is a French omelette?Omelette is a French word that came into use during the mid-16th century. Ever since, it has travelled and been adapted into various versions across the world. A French omelette is cooked briskly in an extremely hot pan, sprinkled with just salt and pepper or sometimes flavoured with tomatoes and finely chopped herbs.
Provided by preachergirl
I saw this trick on "The Secret Life of Cake" on the Food Network. Haven't tried it yet, but I will next time I feel like cheating :lol:
Provided by puppitypup
Make and share this Sausage-And- Zucchini Skillet Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
Provided by SarahBeth
When zucchini season rolls around, you know you'll be looking for a recipe like this: quick and delicious Zucchini Lasagna, ready in an hour.
Provided by My Food and Family
Provided by Mommy Diva
Make and share this Scalloped New Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
Our tasters went nuts for these muffins - they're moist, fragrant, and put big old bakery muffins to shame. The orange zest in the glaze kicks up the orange...
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Make and share this Vegetable Spaghetti With Squash Noodles recipe from Food.com.
Provided by 49flavours
"This is a very simple cream filling. It can be frozen, and will not weep! I usually double the recipe for 1 batch of lady locks (approximately 120 cookies.)...
Provided by @MakeItYours
Make and share this Crock Pot Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
Provided by casha
Slices of potato folded with herbs, butter, and sour cream and then baked to a golden brown. Not your "every day" fare! Irresistibly rich and delicious,...
Provided by Happy Harry 2
When is a Bakewell Tart not a Bakewell Tart is a question often asked? When it is a Bakewell Pudding. I can say that even in Bakewell, the town of origin...
Provided by @MakeItYours
Make and share this Easy French Onion Dip recipe from Food.com.
Provided by vannesakelly
I heard this cookie recipe over the radio about 1950-shortly after my husband and I married. The big spicy treats are so nice and chewy, they remain my...
Provided by @MakeItYours
How to make Giant Spice Cookies Recipe
Provided by @MakeItYours
Provided by Food Network
Chewy fruit cookies are warmed in the microwave and topped with ice cream, chocolate topping and walnuts for a unique sundae.
Provided by My Food and Family
Slightly spiced and super moist applesauce cake goes perfectly with a soft and luscious cream cheese and caramel frosting. This is the stuff fall dreams...
Provided by @MakeItYours
Macaroni is a great addition to this family favorite. Cooking the macaroni with the ground beef and seasonings makes cleanup a snap.
Provided by @MakeItYours
People also searched
More about "worlds best omelet food"
WORLD'S BEST VEGETARIAN OMELETTE - MY GORGEOUS RECIPES
4.5/5 (15)Calories 264 per servingCategory Breakfast
- Add the mixture to the pan and spread it out evenly. When it starts to firm up, but still has a bit of raw on top, add grated cheese and also the cherry tomatoes, spinach, and red pepper.
THE LAST OMELET RECIPE YOU'LL EVER NEED
4.5/5 (11)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsCuisine OmeletteCalories 300 per serving
WORLD CUISINE: 10 BEST FOOD CULTURES | CNN TRAVEL
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
- Italy. Nothing beats traditional Neapolitan pizza. Italian food has captivated tastebuds around the globe for centuries, with its zesty tomato sauces, those clever things they do with wheat flour and desserts that are basically vehicles for cream.
- China. Peking duck -- just one of many Chinese culinary delights. The people who greet each other with "Have you eaten yet?" are arguably the most food-obsessed in the world.
- France. Freshly baked French baguettes -- mouthwatering. If you're one of those people who doesn't like to eat because "there's more to life than food" -- visit Paris.
- Spain. Churros: dough meets chocolate. Let's eat and drink, then sleep, then work for two hours, then eat and drink. Viva Espana, that country whose hedonistic food culture we all secretly wish was our own.
- Japan. We meet up with Yumi Chiba to find out how she became one of the most renowned female sushi chefs in Japan. Japanese apply the same precision to their food as they do to their engineering.
- India. Sweet and spicy chai tea. When a cuisine uses spices in such abundance that the meat and vegetables seem like an afterthought, you know you're dealing with cooks dedicated to flavor.
- Greece. Souvlaki is paradise on a stick. Traveling and eating in Greece feels like a glossy magazine spread come to life, but without the Photoshopping.
- Thailand. Open for more than eight decades, old school Bangkok cafe On Lok Yun -- located at 72 Charoen Krung Road -- is a local institution. Video by Black Buddha.
- Mexico. Mmmmexico. If you were only allowed to eat the food of one country the rest of your life, it would be smart to make it Mexico. The cuisine has a little bit of everything -- you'll never get bored.
- United States. America knows how to dish food that hits the spot. This may be because most of the popular foods in the USA originate in some other country.
THE WORLD'S BEST WESTERN OMELET | MRFOOD.COM
5/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 1 minCategory Eggs
- In a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot. Add ham, bell pepper, onion, garlic powder, and salt. Saute 4 to 5 minutes, or until veggies are tender. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with water. Add to skillet and with a rubber spatula, gently stir, pushing the cooked portion of the eggs to the center of the pan.
- When eggs firm up and are no longer liquidy, sprinkle half the omelet with cheese and top with ham mixture. Cook until cheese is melted. Slide omelet onto platter, fold over filling, cut in half, and serve.
WORLD'S TALLEST OMELET RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
4/5 (9)Category DessertAuthor George StellaDifficulty Intermediate
- Warm up the steak and spinach in a saute pan or in the microwave. Place all ingredients, except butter, leftovers and cheese in a blender and process on high speed for about 10 seconds to incorporate air into the mix; the club soda and baking powder will help the omelet to rise. (You may also use a hand-held blender with a deep cup).
- Melt the butter in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Pour in the egg mixture, and using a rubber spatula, slowly push the cooked egg from 1 side of the bottom of the pan to the other to allow new raw egg to reach the bottom of the pan and cook (this creates height and keeps the bottom from burning).
- When the omelet is cooked on the bottom and the top is still runny, you can either flip the omelet in the pan to finish, or to make the "Tallest" omelet possible, place the pan just below the broiler with the oven door open and the handle sticking out (it could melt otherwise) for about 30 seconds until the omelet rises and lightly browns.
THIS IS THE SINGLE BEST WAY TO MAKE AN OMELET — EAT THIS ...
3/5 (100)Category Breakfast
- Whisk together eggs and heavy cream. "I like to put a drop of heavy cream in the mixture," says Vargas. "It adds a little bit of extra fat and it tastes better."
- Pour the egg mixture on a non-stick pan. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add in some butter (about 1/2 tablespoon) and move it around to coat. Vargas specifically recommends using clarified butter, if you have it.
- Add in the fillings. When the egg mixture is cooked around the edges (about 1 minute), add your fillings. "My favorite omelet has caramelized onions and Boursin cheese," says Varas.
- Flip the omelet. Using a spatula, fold the eggs in half. If the egg mixture isn't cooked all the way in the middle, this is okay! Vargas even recommends it, saying the omelet should be "nice and moist."
- Enjoy with salt, pepper, and chopped parsley. Slide the omelet onto a plate, and serve immediately. For an extra touch of flavor, sprinkle on some fresh coarse salt and pepper.
THE 5 BEST SKILLETS FOR OMELETS
Author Kim QuindlenPublished 2018-10-15Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- The Overall Best Skillet For Omelets. T-fal Nonstick Fry Pan. Available in four different sizes, this T-fal non-stick skillet is made from an aluminum material, with a stainless steel base on the exterior in order to prevent warping.
- The Best Budget Option: A Set of Two Non-Stick Aluminum Skillets. Cuisinart Frittata 10-Inch Nonstick Pan Set. This Cuisinart skillet set has a few different things going for it.
- The Most Fail-Proof Skillet For Omelets. TECHEF Frittata and Omelette Pan. If you want to leave less room for mistakes, this TECHEF omelet skillet is a fool-proof choice for making perfect omelets every time.
- The Best Iron Skillet For Omelets. Iwachu Iron Omelette Pan. This iron skillet for omelets features an 8.5-inch diameter and a unique, curved-shape design, making it easier to fold and plate omelets without any mishaps.
- The Best Skillet For Japanese Omelets. TeChef Japanese Omelette Pan. This is the perfect skillet for making Japanese-style omelets, better known as tamagoyaki, in which the egg mixture is cooked in layers and rolled.
BEST EVER VEGAN OMELET - DARN GOOD VEGGIES
5/5 (1)Category BreakfastCuisine Gluten-FreeTotal Time 20 mins
- In a bowl, whisk together the garbanzo bean flour, nutritional yeast, turmeric, garlic powder, white pepper, and salt. Set aside.
- Pour the aquafaba into another bowl and add in the cream of tartar. Beat with a hand mixer until soft peaks form. Add the dry ingredients into the whipped aquafaba and fold gently to combine. Fold in the herbs.
- Spray the pan with nonstick spray. Ladle in a scant cup of the omelets mixture. Use a nonstick spatula to spread out the batter. Cook until the top of the omelet forms bubbles and the bubbles around the edges just begin to pop. Add in your filling ingredients to one side of the omelets and fold it over. Cove and cook for 1-2 minutes until the inside is set and not raw. Serve.
7 BEST OMELETTE PAN REVIEWS OF 2021 WITH BUYING GUIDE
Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
- Calphalon 1932340 Classic Omelette Fry Pan with Cover. Reliable design for everyday use, Calphalon classic is one of the best pans for omelette making purposes.
- Cooks Standard 02569 8” Hard-Anodized Nonstick Omelet Pan. Cooks standard is well known for making the best omelette pan, and this nonstick omelette pan is no different.
- TeChef - Tamagoyaki Japanese Omelette Pan/Egg Pan. Moving on in the list of best omelette pan is the famed TeChef Tamagoyaki Japanese omelette pan. TeChef is one of the best Tamagoyaki pan available, known for its new and exclusive scratch-resistant technology.
- TECHEF - Frittata and Omelette Pan. Weighing at just around 1.6 pounds, TeChef frittata and omelette pan is considered as one of the best folding omelette pans.
- Calphalon Contemporary Hard-Anodized Aluminum Nonstick Cookware, Omelette Fry Pan. Another worthy addition in the list of best omelette pan, Calphalon contemporary hard anodized omelette pan has some of the best omelette pan reviews.
- Nordic Ware Italian Frittata and Omelette Pan. Having trouble making the perfect frittata? Try Nordic ware Italian frittata pan, this is the best omelette pan for those who are still learning the intricacies of making a frittata.
- Norpro Nonstick Omelet Pan. Yet another best omelette pan to conclude our list, Norpro nonstick omelette pan deserves a spot in your kitchen. This pan folds the omelette for you, all you need to do is just flip the pan and the omelette gets folded.
25 BEST OMELETTE RECIPES EVER (UNIQUE AND OH-SO …
- Curried Omelette with Broccoli and Sun-dried Tomatoes. Need some new ideas for your morning omelette? Make this curried omelette recipe with broccoli florets and chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
- Ginger, Spring Onion and Mushroom Omelette. This quick and easy recipe for ginger, spring onion, and mushroom omelette makes a speedy midweek meal for one.
- Omelette with Cherry Tomatoes. The combination of cherry tomatoes, parmesan cheese, and chives is simple and delicious. See the link for the cooking method.
- Traditional Spanish Omelette. Spanish omelette or Tortilla Espanola is a simple potato recipe dish that can be enjoyed hot or cold, as a starter, main dish or as tapas at a picnic.
- Baked Chickpea Omelette with Mushrooms. A simple version of a chickpea omelette with minimum hassle. It doesn’t get any easier to have chickpea omelette either for breakfast or as a high-protein vegan meal.
- Lobster Omelette with a Mornay Sauce. A fluffy three egg omelette stuffed with rich, succulent lobster meat, shallots, and red bell peppers gets topped with a creamy homemade Mornay cheese sauce.
- Spinach and Spaghetti Omelette. Spaghetti omelettes are perfect for any meal of the day. Follow the link for the complete method. 8 of 25.
- Super Green Omelette. What a delicious vegetarian recipe for a super green omelette. Follow this link for the list of ingredients and instructions. 9 of 25.
- Vegan Omelet. The Best Ever Vegan Omelet is an impossibly fluffy breakfast recipe that is gluten-free, oil-free, and packed with protein. Follow this link for the complete list of ingredients and instructions.
- Big Steak Omelette. An IHOP copycat recipe for Big Steak Omelette: a giant omelette stuffed to the brim with steak, bell peppers, onions, cheese, hash browns, and mushrooms.
RALPH'S LUNCH FAMOUS OMELET RECIPE - FOODY FELLOWSHIP
Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
10 EASY OMELETTE RECIPES FROM AROUND THE WORLD
Author Condé Nast TravellerEstimated Reading Time 5 mins
BEST OMELETTE RECIPES AND OMELETTE COOKING IDEAS
5/5 Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
WORLDS BEST OMELET. - REVIEW OF CAMILLE'S RESTAURANT, KEY ...
THE 3 BEST OMELET RECIPES - HUNGRYFOREVER FOOD BLOG
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
TOP 10 BEST OMELETTE PAN REVIEWS FOR 2021 - A BUYERS GUIDE
Estimated Reading Time 13 mins
MR. FOOD: THE WORLD'S BEST WESTERN OMELET - KOAM
Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
FRENCH OMELETTE RECIPE | INCREDIBLE EGG
Calories 178Saturated fat 6 gPolyunsaturated fat 2 gTotal fat 13 g
I TESTED FAMOUS OMELET RECIPES AND FOUND THE VERY …
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT: HOW TO MAKE THE …
Author Confessions of a Plate Addict
THE 20 BEST COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD FOR FOOD - YONDERBOUND
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
23 BEST OMELETTE RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
FORK IN THE ROAD: DOES ANGIE'S COUNTRY KITCHEN HAVE THE ...
FOOD FESTIVALS AROUND THE WORLD | STRANGE FOOD FESTIVALS ...
OMELET | TRADITIONAL EGG DISH FROM IRAN - WORLD FOOD ATLAS ...
19 BEST OMELETTE RECIPE IDEAS | OMELETTE RECIPE, OMELETTE ...
STREET FOOD: OLD DELHI'S PIZZA OMELETTE
HIGH-PROTEIN BREAKFAST: MAKE DELICIOUS ... - FOOD.NDTV.COM
WORLDS BEST OMELET! - REVIEW OF MAURI'S FAMOUS CAFE ...
WORLDS BEST OMELET RECIPES - YAKCOOK.COM
THE WORLD'S BEST WESTERN OMELET | RECIPE | OMLET RECIPES ...
WHAT TO SERVE WITH OMELETTE? 8 BEST SIDE DISHES | EATDELIGHTS
DIL SE FOODIE - WORLD'S BEST OMELETTE | FACEBOOK
WORLD'S BEST OMELET RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
GREEN ONION AND MUSHROOM OMELETTE RECIPE ... - FOOD.NDTV.COM
SPECIAL DRY FRUIT OMELETTE | WORLD'S BEST DELICIOUS EGG ...
THE WORLD'S BEST SPANISH OMELETTE - LA MEJOR TORTILLA DE ...
THE WORLD'S BEST WESTERN OMELET | RECIPE | BREAKFAST ...
BEST EGG OMELETTE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES ...
THE WORLDS BEST WESTERN OMELET - YOUTUBE
HOW TO MAKE AN OMELET STEP BY STEP - ARTICLES BRO
OMELETTE RECIPE VEGETARIAN - ALL RECIPE WORLD
THE 4 BEST OMELETTE RECIPES | TASTEMADE STAFF PICKS
VEGETABLE OMELETTE WITH SOUR CREAM - THE TASTIEST START TO ...
WORLDS BEST OMELETTE | FOOD WITH BENEFITS BY NATALIE